Install America Employee Review

View all Install America reviews

Serious lack of training for your job! Additionally, hypocritica managers! No real integrity to this company.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PAAugust 17, 2017
You are thrown into a position with little or no training, then constantly chastised for not doing the job correctly. A single day of "training", a carefully prepared, manipulative "script is gone through a couple of times and then you are thrown to the wolves!
Work involved calling countless "leads", and doing your best to manipulate potential customers into agreeing to a live, in-house demonstration of whatever 'home remodeling' product they were interested in. Numerous times, people that we called said either that the work was already completed, or that they were no longer interested. THAT would be the end of it for any reputable company, but not this one! We were told to call them back in 60 days, and try to sell them a different product. Additionally, despite being repeatedly being asked to be "taken off the list", that was against their policy, and it was evident that they couldn't care less about what their "customers" wanted.
This was the hardest part of working there.
Constantly being told what not to do, then watching managers doing the same thing themselves: Greatly extended lunches, extended personal phone conversations during working hours and general hypocrisy. Belittled in front of others is also one of the managers methods they use to make you feel small and keep you in line.
Big promises of bonuses are given, yet only a "select" few are given the good leads; which have any hope of being fruitful.
I saw early on that my time there would be very short, due the duplicitous nature of nearly anyone in power.
I lasted 3 weeks.
Pros
Promise of high earnings potential.
Cons
Really poor and hypocritical management. Continued harassment of potential customers.

Other Install America Employee Reviews

Shady sales tactics, favoritism
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Knaurs, paMarch 28, 2018
This place is not high on my list of places to work for. The hours are long and a lot of the hours worked are unpaid due to necessary travel. Work hours are paid but not travel time. They did pay gas expenses.
Pros
Long lunches, decent hourly rate
Cons
Long unpaid travel hours, zero managerial accountability
wasnt that great of a place
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 18, 2018
I did not enjoy working for this company. the pay wasn't terrible for what i was doing but I did not approve of management in the least. it seemed that every supervisor I had was either immature of just a jerk.