Install America Employee Reviews

terrible place to work
Mohton, PA - Financial Advisor/Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Mohton,paMay 1, 2017
the job was terrible you have to walk door to door basically begging people to sign up for an appointment for an estimate on a part of their house and you have to bug people all day because if you don't get any appointments you get suspended or fired.
Pros
10 an hour
Cons
everything sucked
Interesting place to work, great co-workers.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAJune 24, 2016
High energy work place. Owners are easy to work for because they work beside you. Co-workers are good people and easy to work with. Fun enviroment. I enjoy going to work daily.
productive and fun work place
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAJune 16, 2016
The work days are always busy and hectic, but it makes the days fly by. It has been one of the more fun work atmospheres that i have gotten the chance to work in, but with that being said, it is with the personalities of the everyone here. They know how to make things fun, but they also know when its time to get to work. The hardest part of this job, its the multitasking, i get thrown a bunch of different tasks a day, and trying to balance them all is a new process for me, but with that its also my favorite part of the job as well. it keeps my days busy and filled with things to do. This is whole heartily the first job i have had, where i enjoy getting up everyday and going to.
Horrible place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PAJune 7, 2016
Company was poorly organized and run. Leads were set without conformations. Training had no structure. Work hours were on call six days a week with no notice till night before. There was no balance with work and home.
Great place to start and grow into a career
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAJune 2, 2016
Install America is a great company for those looking to gain marketing/sales experience. I started here about a year ago with no experience what so ever. What I did have, however, was the motivation, and the positivity to make the best of this job. What I got when I started at Install America was some of the best training, and a great pay rate, with awesome incentive bonuses. The management team here really cares about the employees. This is a family owned business, and the environment here at the office is very family oriented. This job is not for everybody, however, if you are a positive and motivated person then you will do exceptional at this job. If you or someone you know is looking to get into the marketing, sales or customer service fields, then come in for an interview. Come in Monday-Friday from 9:30-11 and ask for Phil.
Pros
Availability for advancement
Cons
Not for everybody
Life-changing career with big rewards for big personalities
Neighborhood Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  1353 Alleghenyville Rd Mohnton, PA 19640June 2, 2016
Install America's neighborhood marketing program allowed me to grow from a young man with too much month at the end of his money into a successful department manager responsible for hiring, training, and managing the top branch in the company.

After generating home improvement leads door to door for nearly seven years with this company, I've learned countless life lessons in presentation, negotiation, motivation, management, and most of all... psychology and human nature.

My co-workers have been more than supportive in maintaining a positive work environment, even in the most mentally challenging of situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is usually the fat bonus check after a big week's performance, but the reward of watching new hires advance in the company quickly never gets old either.

If you or anyone you know is looking for an opportunity to become a successful marketing or sales professional, look no further than Install America.
Pros
Fast advancement potential, lucrative weekly bonus structure
Cons
Challenging daily tasks that aren't for everyone
Growing Company - Fun family atmosphere
Event Coordinator, Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PAMay 17, 2016
I was with the company for 4 years. Overall this is a great place to work and grow. In April 2016 I moved to Florida. Just before I moved they expanded into the Nashville Tennessee market with the plans to expanded to several other markets. So, I know there is a ton of opportunity for growth.

For a little more on the topic of growth-I started as a promoter in the marketing department. I moved up to an account leader (aka a mid level manager), moved into an events coordinator position and finally finished in the sales department. (so Im proof there is a ton of growth opportunity)

The managers are top notch when it comes to training. My only gripe would be when I started the organizational skills of some of the mid-level managers was hairy (just based on the caliber of people in those mid level positions) But I'm proud to say that over the past 4 years the level of professionalism and talent of those managers has dramatically changed for the better. The pay structure and bonus plans have definitely improved as well.

Lastly, the rating currently shown here is not an accurate representation of the company. I recognize a lot of the EX-employees posting unfavorably on here - all I can say is that there is two sides to every encounter and the Install America has dozens of satisfied, professional employees who haven't made statements on here.

As far as Im concerned the owners and upper level managers are truthful, fair and easy to communicate with. If you do the right thing - they will always take care of you (which is something you don't see at larger companies)
  more...

Hope the review helps

Thanks for 4 great years IA
Pros
Family owned, expanding into new territories, fun/competitive atmosphere
Cons
long hours depending on position
Sucky job if you need money
Guerrilla Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PADecember 9, 2015
So canvassing at install america is awful because you are treated like dirt and have to work long hours. But at the end of the day, you get to walk around outside and talk to people. It's not a terrible gig, but it's definitely not anything you want to do for an extended period of time. It's basically like a pyramid scheme, but they are transparent about that from the beginning, encouraging everyone to do well for the greater good. But the owners and management have no respect for their workers and the turnaround rate of new employees reflects it.
There was no room for advancement
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PAJune 8, 2015
I was pretty much stationary in my position being promoted once. It required constant long hours due to the high turn around rate of employees the company had because of the hours and pay.
Pros
family run
Cons
no room for growth
Make your own future
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Reading, PaJune 7, 2015
Working for install America has had it's ups and downs. It's a place where you can make the money you want and deserve, but it requires a lot of work.
The management is mostly really nice, and will work with you on any problems you face and are more than happy to help you improve within your job.
The scheduling has been changed almost 3 times in as many months, so that can be a bit stressful.
This is a job that is what you make it, you can push and achieve high levels of success and compensation or you can just think of it as another job and get by.
Pros
Get to see a lot of the beautiful outdoors and country side
Cons
A lot of walking and talking
They use HomeAdvisor (Top 3 other reasons)
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mohton paFebruary 24, 2015
Look into how happy a lot of people are with thoese leads. Now take 45% of that quality and give that to the Canvassars leads.

But Wait! They are going to tell you that each lead costs $450. Yet home advisor is much lower like $2-10 a lead. Thats the first clue they are lying to you.

Second way to know they are lying is that they claim each lead they send there reps on are pre-confirmed and qualified yet I would often hear about how a certain rep was being given only un-confirmed leads. Want to know why? Because the Rep (not me) was a part-time sales rep who only handled one product. They didnt like that he didnt run a different kind of lead. This is a bad sign because that means if they cant send you somewhere good they will send you Anywhere without concern. Then they do bad mouth you still if you dont sell an unconfirmed lead. Behind your back of course, because thats the kind of behavior a Family Owned business has right?

Third, the training was a waste of time. I started making more money and seeing my family more in this new Home Remodeling company then you will see with Install America have in a month. Based on what management says, the owners yell at the managers each morning because sales arent high enough.

Which now that I think about it, maybe thats why the Managers give out the bad leads, and blame the sales reps.
Pros
Youll have to research your products alone
Cons
Your lied to in the interview
They cant keep salesmen for the life of them
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Mohton, PANovember 2, 2014
If you are looking into getting a inhome sales position for home improvements, this is not where you want to start.

The training involves reading a script, and memorizing it. The trainer really doesnt know as much as you would think.

Look at Power Home Remodeling Group, they are growing much faster and have more locations because they respect there employees more. They give you 28k+ base commision, competitions for vacations, and give you a laptop.

Are you wondering what Install America offers? No base salary, less leads, no vacation competition and you have to buy your own tablet or laptop.

My case and point overall is this, they have been in business for 50+ years (Sorta), and most of the salesreps are under 1 years of working there....

Thats a red flag!! Do not devout yourself to this, use it as a resume builder and look for another job the whole time

Keep your eyes and ears open, youll hear about them laughing how they sent a rep a bad lead on purpose.

You are welcome, and I wish someone posted this before I worked there!
Pros
If you get the quality leads they say they have you can make money
Cons
lack of true leadership, respect, and barley any leads
Poorly managed company.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mohnton, PAOctober 1, 2014
This is a family owned company focused on making money no matter what they must do to achieve that goal. Poor management. No systems and processes in place to increase the company performance.
Pros
Cons
Poor management. Poor quality craftsmanship.
dont bother
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  HarrisbutgJanuary 27, 2014
Typical day is sitting around to 2 o'clock to find out if you are going to be given a lead. Then driving out to lead to be told at the door, who are you and why are you here.
Pros
great commissions on jobs that process
Cons
lack of leads, absolutely no comfirmation of leads, and poor financing plans leads to thousands of miles on your car with little pay
Decent compeny but does not care about employees
Confirmation Manager (Former Employee) –  Mohnton, PAAugust 11, 2013
This was not a bad place to work but the company greatly underpaid its workers for the amount of work done, especially the salaried managers. I was expected to work from 9:30/10:00a-at least 8:00p and only made $350.00 per week after taxes. They did not make any effort to keep their employees, I felt very replaceable and unimportant.
Operated day to day activities and sold new accounts
Partner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 17, 2012
Arrived at the office around 7am. Reviewed any installs going in that day to make sure all parts were available to complete the job. Route the installers according to skill level and geographic location. Once the installers were set for the days work schedule I went door to door recruiting new business. I owned the company and employed the best skilled, self motivated people. The hardest part of the job was the also the most enjoyable, pounding the pavement and just doing work.
Pros
working for myself
Cons
bringing in a partner