Installed Building Products Employee Reviews

Great fun place to work I love going to work and driving around seeing new places and going into new homes and always learning new things
Insulation Installer (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIMay 9, 2018
Great work a lot of work to keep you busy we never run out of things to do I don't see myself doing any other work I would recommend this job to anyone who likes working hard and long hours!!!
Overall it’s not family oriented like they said
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 11, 2018
They are always talking about the employees behinds there backs. If you don’t agree with what’s going on in the company, then you are not part of the team. It’s family alright. They only look out for themselves. Going home at the end of the day.
Pros
Two faced people .
Cons
30 minutes
Poorly managed
Regional Estimator (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAFebruary 15, 2018
I gained a lot of good working experience. Unfortunately in my one year here we have gone through three branch managers and its is almost an entirely new staff.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Poorly managed
Installed Blinds. Restored inventory to great standing
Installer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2017
Installed Blinds for top rated home building D.K. Horton. Cut, adjusted, inventory, and order filed in warehouse. Trained employees and advised supervisors.
Pros
Pay rate and benefits
Cons
Trained employees while being trained
Horrible Place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2017
They will treat you like a slave. They do not hold up the employment contracts they enter into. The regional manager and the office manager are way to close. The office manager treats people like dirt.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else
Fast pace intense work area
Insulation Installer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 2, 2017
Installed Building Products is a great way to get your foot in the door of the insulation Industry. If your interested in the science of keeping a house warm this is the place to be.
Racist agenda.
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2017
It is a really good place to work if you are Caucasian. Specially if you are a spray foam applicator. All of the too jobs, hours and room for error are only applied or given to the friends of the manager, who seems to have a problem with Hispanics. You are forced to produce a lot in almost a ridicule line time. The pay is cheap, and you will get paid the worst piece rate.
They will make you share your profit AT EQUAL PARTS with unexperienced workers that are friends with management.
Benefits
Cons
Discrimination/favoritism/over load work/cheap pay.
Great Job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLMay 27, 2016
This would have been an amazing job. The pay and the hours were awesome. The only problem I had was with one lady in the office that was probably the most negative, nasty, utterly re pul sive person I have ever had the disadvantage of meeting. From day one this lady was mouthy and cus sing at just about everybody. She slammed stuff around and talked down to every single person in that place that crossed her path. She absolutely did not want to do her job. I couldn't believe the amount of things she got away with. Anywhere else and she would have been let go on the spot. I gave it four days and each day got worse and worse and at that point she decided to lay into me. I can take a lot of stuff but she doesn't write my checks and she was not my boss. I complained but there were only excuses for her because her job was "stressful". I don't care how stressful your job is you just don't act like that. I have a feeling the only reason she is still there is because there wasn't but one or two other people that could do her job with the scheduling and they were already in a pinch with being super behind. It would have been the perfect job and I would still be there now if B didn't throw her temper tantrums like a child. I am still in complete awe of how she treated the main boss and got away with it. I have never seen anything like it.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Hours.
Cons
Negative atmosphere.
Exciting place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 4, 2015
This was the ideal office environment. I would recommend this place of business to anyone who is looking for a family atmosphere to accompany their career.
Good experience
Installer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 9, 2014
Great place. Never the same thing. Everyday was a different assignment at a different location.
Pros
independant work
Cons
Company Closed
Just a mess.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2012
Management was horrible. Very dreary and cold place to work.
Pros
no pros- at all.
Cons
poor management.
Worst Ever
sales (Former Employee) –  houstonJune 12, 2012
I worked for this company for about two months in Houston. There was a female salesperson who had just started that I was familiar with and had a well known reputation in the industry as a knucklehead. I was assured that she was just there as a salesman and I accepted employment. Well, that guarantee lasted about a month and they promoted this loser to branch manager - which resulted in my immediate resignation. Everyone in the industry knew this individual couldn't sell her way out of a wet paper bag much less manage a branch - so what can you say about IBPs decision making process? She hung around for about a year and ran the branch into the ground. Nice job IBP.
Cons
amateurs
Travel around the US
Application Implementer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 19, 2012
Co-workers were awesome, helpful, intelligent. There was a lot of travel, but this affordable the opportunity to see different places.
Loved this place!
Sr. Microsoft HelpDesk Admin (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2012
There is little to complain about.. Department lunches, Department Bar trips after work.. It was an AWESOME place to work.. I was let go after the economy went south.. I miss my job here daily and would go back, even for a lower salary TODAY!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Installed Building Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9