INSTALLS inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I guess
Resolution Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2018
It's ok I guess. If you have no work experience and are ok with minimum wage.

They don't care about you or your life but they don't care if you show up for your shift either so it's easy to make it work. Schedules are trash so don't think you'll get a day shift. They give good shifts to their friends.

Management is garbage.
Pros
Easy, super linient
Cons
Gossip, harrassment ok
I really enjoyed my short time there
Geek Squad Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2018
I worked at Installs Inc. for a relatively short time because I needed a job with more money and benefits. I enjoyed the training for the call center and felt the final assessment for the floor position was fair.
I honestly would've continued there.
Pros
Fast paced, fair compensation, fair boss
Cons
N/a
Installs inc
Remote Services PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 28, 2017
overall Installs is a good place to work. They have decent benefite for full time employees. The department I work in does pay less than comparable jobs in the area but there is room for advancement
Pros
decent benefits, friendly environment
Cons
lower pay than comparable jobs in area
working at installs....
Resolution care agent (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 23, 2017
I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week so thats 40 hours a week, Taking about 30-40 calls a day sometimes more. I learned to de-escalate unhappy customers and and help sale installations as well as scheduling/booking appointments. At installs we work with teams so every supervisor has a team lead which helps lead the team and make sure that everyone on the team stats and quality is 100% on point. Besides the team installs is a family and we all work together to get our customers serviced and make sure they are satisfied. Sometimes work can be very stressful definitely around the holiday due to high call volume, it can sometimes get out of control which make very irate customers. Although installs can get a little crazy sometimes we still have a good time as a family inside and outside of work.
Good Company to work for
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 12, 2017
I have been with Installs for a while now and they are a continually changing company. I have learned a lot from this position and would definitely recommend it to another.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home!
Pros and Cons
Field Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 28, 2017
Installs is a great place to build more experience for a person who wants a customer service background. I just feel Certain positions deserve more than what you're being paid now.
Pros
Great break times, relaxed place, own personal desk etc
Cons
The temperature in the building, The elevators, BUGS (here and there)
Very Few Work Orders
COMPUTER REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 11, 2017
The main problem I had with them is that they require techs to have a certain vehicle, liability ins, workers comp, provide own tools and equipment; but do not have anywhere near the workflow to support this (in my area at least). They did pay fair and on time and had some good Field Relations Specialists.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 3, 2017
It is a fun place to work. Lots of overtime, people are nice and t
They offer bonuses every week and games too give you bonuses. Cowprkers are friendly and love to help and give advice
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long
Low pay, decent benefits, friendly people
Commercial Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 20, 2017
I spent years at this company, because I was able to reach a position off of the call center floor. However, most positions are call-center reps dealing with often irate customers all day long, which takes a toll on the soul. There's a lot of turnover in those jobs because of it. It's certainly possible to advance - the company likes to promote internally. Pay is on the low side for most, but there are benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k, automatic term life insurance, tuition assistance for work-related fields of study, etc.), and the HR team does make an effort to create some esprit de corps - ice cream socials, boat cruises, company outings, and the like. It's a medium-sized company, but small enough that you can get to know the CEO on a first-name basis.

If you don't like being monitored, the main office will not be a good fit for you. Phone calls are recorded, your login, logout, break, and hold times are tracked, your onscreen computer activity can be recorded, and there are several surveillance cameras inside as well as outside the office.
Pros
Management has a face; decent benefits; fairly casual dress code
Cons
Low pay; sudden organizational and procedural changes sometimes happen, without warning or input from first-line employees
Installs has a great work culture
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2017
Installs Inc provides a place that anyone who is willing to work and want to be able to grown within a company that is based on providing opportunities for the workers. They are more than just a company, you feel like family. Great place to work with the right attitude.
Pros
very handsome on with maintining a great work environment
Cons
paying for parking can be a nuissance.
Productive fun place to work.
Resolution Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 14, 2017
This job is overall a great place to work. The agents and supervisors are laid back and already available to help with an questions or concerns. The calls continuously come in with ample amount of time to notate and move forward.
Meh
Resolution Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 12, 2017
No matter how good your quality is, there would always be someone who doesnt deserve to be moved up, will be promoted. It seems that your call metrics dont matter.
Good
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 19, 2016
good working experience , fast working pace. It is a good working experience. I learned how to deal with people an esculate bad situations.
benefits
not a fun workplace
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 7, 2016
I did not enjoy my time spent there as it was not long with far too many high expectations. They also fire people in high volumes after the NFL season as the business slows down before it picks up again in the fall.
Good company to work for
Central Dispatch Agent (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 14, 2016
A typical day was answering phone calls from customers, technicians and field supervisors to schedule appointments for installation of home entertainment systems and home computers. I learned how to commutate with several different people and life styles. Working with management and co-workers was good. We learned different technique's from each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customer was completely happy and satisfied with our service and products.
very good work enviorment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 17, 2015
Installs,The working Enviorment At Installs is great. I have made so many new Friends also the opportunity at Installs gave me a chance to meet Alot of Important people. I Am very Grateful for the Oppurtunity of Working there.
Pros
holiday pay, medical benefits
Great work enviornment
Team Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great work environment, team atmosphere. I learned a lot about problem solving, active listening and becoming self-motivated.
Great company concept poor execution
Territory Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 28, 2015
No training or support provided upon hire.
10-12 hour days
6 days per week
Company leadership is not willing to listen to or implement ideas presented by the staff.
No advancement opportunities
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Leadership provides no support
Not a hard job just stressful.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2015
Stressful trying to meet the handle time. The job itself is not difficult and they train you it the requests with different calls you have to handle. Not all calls are difficult but majority of them are stressful.
The Agents we speak to from all over the world are amazing. But some of the client are not. But you can't blame them when they are getting the customer service they were promised. You have to do technicians dirty work with rescheduling clients that has already waited weeks for their appointment then the next available isn't for another week or two.
Pros
The environment is buisness casual, people are friendly.
Cons
Pay for parking. Have to meet a handle time in order to qualify for a raise and bonus.
Growing pains with new department
Lead Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 11, 2015
Typical day would detail from taking customer service calls and scheduling appointments. It was original supposed to be technical support but they changed job roles and definitions on a fly. The company is more or less a call center environment that handles scheduling and dispatching of business appointments to their clients and any assistance to those appointments that include escalation, support, appointment scheduling (rescheduling).
Cons
Lack of adherence to job description (and evaluation of these other roles never addressed), lack of structure and accountability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at INSTALLS inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight