Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis Employee Reviews

Supervisors
Job coach (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 10, 2018
Supervisors are unprofessional. Several of them hang out and talk unprofessionally in the office setting. I enjoy working with the clients and being out in the community but when it is due for going to the office it’s horrible.
Pros
Being in the community
Cons
Unprofessional management and supervisors
Opportunities and fun!
Clinical Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
One of the best parts of working at IABA is the advancement and leadership opportunities- management is always looking for new ways to train and develop staff! The work-life balance is fantastic with 6 paid holidays and 3 weeks of PTO a year (for full time employee). I loved working with families and bringing joy to their lives every day!
Help kids and families
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 5, 2018
It is very rewarding to work with kids and see all of their progress at school or at home. Working with the families to help make their daily lives better and make their child a more active part of family activities is challenging and fun. It is very intense you have to learn a lot but it is worth it to see the difference you can make
Pros
Lots of training and learning
Cons
Driving to client sites
Poor management
Early Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2018
The management was horrible and unprofessional. There philosophy does not work and is unrealistic. They believe a child shouldn’t be punished/timeout which is setting the child for failure in life. This is unrealistic in the real world.
Pros
Okay Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Horrible Company
Behavior Intervention Therapist, Team leader (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 11, 2018
Manager yelled at my face (so unprofessional)

Scheduling deleted my hours from timesheet (UNFAIR)

HR did not have my back

They paid a MALE double than me even though he had no experience and no degree.

Lied to me about where clients were serviced an sent me 2-4 hours away from my zip code to work, despite there being clients in my zip code.

Never supported me in sessions.
love it
Commuunity support Companion (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2017
I love working with special needs clients this company was amazaing to work for and rewarding . great management and staff lots of company perks and discounts

management really appreciates all the hard work from field staff

the only set back is very little pay
Cons
low pay
Challenging and rewarding place to work.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CANovember 24, 2017
My supervisor & lead are awesome people. The company has given me the opportunity to see life through the eyes of people who go through life challenges.
The clients were the best
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 16, 2017
You provide a better quality to life to those we took care of. Once chores,medication were done we can plan or do any safe activity. Only difficulty was an agreement between management and the clients family.
Tough job but good
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 9, 2017
Good job for people who do not like to be stuck in an office all day, spend the day with great people, and lots of paperwork. Sometimes it does not feel like you are getting paid enough when you have to work with the more severe cases though.
A good place to work with a good home and work balance
Behavioral Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 18, 2017
A typical day at work is companion to and supervising clients that have developmental disabilities and other special needs. My job has given me a new appreciation of what I am capable of, and has given me a new outlook on life. Management is very understanding and pushes for home and work balance so that workers do not get burnt out. The hardest part of this job is trying to find a way to communicate to clients that are nonverbal, and making sure that clients take their medication when needed (some clients refuse medication). The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the clients smile because they are having a great time and seeing that, as a staff, you have the ability to change these clients' views on life.
Vision Lost
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 15, 2017
IABA used to be at the top of private agencies that provided services to children and adults with developmental disabilities. The founders of IABA have stepped down and the new powers that be, are driving their philosophy and vision into the ground. They play favorites, they are dishonest, and they don't own their own behavior.
Pros
Exposure to IABA's philosophy
Cons
Current leadership
Training and Development
Behavioral Respite Provider (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 15, 2017
The training at IABA is complete and accurate to ABA standards. This is a great job for the student who is needing flexible hours, continued training and development in the field of Behavioral Science.
Not worth it
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 28, 2016
Poor management. Less than deserved pay. Treated like a slave. More often than not scheduling mistakes are made and you have to deal with it. Just don't.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management/ No chance of moving up/ Pay isn't worth the work
Great Job but time consuming
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 18, 2016
This is a great job just need to be aware of the amount of paper work that is required to be done during your free unpaid time. In addition, the benefits are not very good.
Management seeks well-being for participants
MSW Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 8, 2016
Caring and amazing management team, they truly seek what is best for participants. Management goes above and beyond to meet participant's needs. Management advocate for clients on a regular basis.
Great client expirience, unorganized management
Therapist/Respite (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAApril 26, 2016
My typical day at work was help and support my clients with independence and social skills. I've learned that every client is different in certain aspects but all of them are very smart despite their disabilities, so different approaches and plans were needed. Management was unorganized. I enjoyed knowing and working with my co workers which we helped each other a lot. The hardest part of the job sometime was dealing with a certain parents. The most enjoyable part of my job was witnessing my clients improvements and progress.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Underpayed
You're probably never going to move up.
Community Support Companion (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 13, 2015
A typical day is basically show up, play molly maid for the clients and then go home. Very boring.

I have learned about individuals with disabilities and how they work.

Co-workers are mostly gossip queens.

hardest part of the job is client behaviors naturally.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks, no pay raises
Highest standards and excellence in staff training.
assisting developmentally disabled people (Former Employee) –  LA, OC, SFVFebruary 14, 2015
IABA specializes in working with developmentally disabled and behaviorally challenged individuals with every aspect of their lives. It is an excellent company and it was always easy to take pride in my work. IABA is committed to holding the people served in high esteem. I saw many lives changed and improved, including my own.
Pros
I learned so much, I have some very specialized skills, years of training and opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Working with challenging people can lead to burn-out, low pay, often short staffed, high turnover rates .
Good job for student
Behavior Support Companion (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2014
IABA is willing to work with your scheduling needs. However, there is no room for advancement.
Age range of staff varies.
Behavior Analysis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2014
Age range of staff varies. Each day staff members need to adjust and continue to perform thier work assignments and tasks. Staff members hit a plateau after a certain time period or burnt out due to no raises and so forth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis. Our community is ready to answer.