Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis Management reviews

Supervisors
Job coach (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 10, 2018
Supervisors are unprofessional. Several of them hang out and talk unprofessionally in the office setting. I enjoy working with the clients and being out in the community but when it is due for going to the office it’s horrible.
Pros
Being in the community
Cons
Unprofessional management and supervisors
Opportunities and fun!
Clinical Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
One of the best parts of working at IABA is the advancement and leadership opportunities- management is always looking for new ways to train and develop staff! The work-life balance is fantastic with 6 paid holidays and 3 weeks of PTO a year (for full time employee). I loved working with families and bringing joy to their lives every day!
Poor management
Early Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2018
The management was horrible and unprofessional. There philosophy does not work and is unrealistic. They believe a child shouldn’t be punished/timeout which is setting the child for failure in life. This is unrealistic in the real world.
Pros
Okay Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Horrible Company
Behavior Intervention Therapist, Team leader (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 11, 2018
Manager yelled at my face (so unprofessional)

Scheduling deleted my hours from timesheet (UNFAIR)

HR did not have my back

They paid a MALE double than me even though he had no experience and no degree.

Lied to me about where clients were serviced an sent me 2-4 hours away from my zip code to work, despite there being clients in my zip code.

Never supported me in sessions.
love it
Commuunity support Companion (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2017
I love working with special needs clients this company was amazaing to work for and rewarding . great management and staff lots of company perks and discounts

management really appreciates all the hard work from field staff

the only set back is very little pay
Cons
low pay
A good place to work with a good home and work balance
Behavioral Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 18, 2017
A typical day at work is companion to and supervising clients that have developmental disabilities and other special needs. My job has given me a new appreciation of what I am capable of, and has given me a new outlook on life. Management is very understanding and pushes for home and work balance so that workers do not get burnt out. The hardest part of this job is trying to find a way to communicate to clients that are nonverbal, and making sure that clients take their medication when needed (some clients refuse medication). The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the clients smile because they are having a great time and seeing that, as a staff, you have the ability to change these clients' views on life.
Vision Lost
Behavior Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 15, 2017
IABA used to be at the top of private agencies that provided services to children and adults with developmental disabilities. The founders of IABA have stepped down and the new powers that be, are driving their philosophy and vision into the ground. They play favorites, they are dishonest, and they don't own their own behavior.
Pros
Exposure to IABA's philosophy
Cons
Current leadership
Not worth it
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 28, 2016
Poor management. Less than deserved pay. Treated like a slave. More often than not scheduling mistakes are made and you have to deal with it. Just don't.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management/ No chance of moving up/ Pay isn't worth the work
Management seeks well-being for participants
MSW Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 8, 2016
Caring and amazing management team, they truly seek what is best for participants. Management goes above and beyond to meet participant's needs. Management advocate for clients on a regular basis.
Great client expirience, unorganized management
Therapist/Respite (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAApril 26, 2016
My typical day at work was help and support my clients with independence and social skills. I've learned that every client is different in certain aspects but all of them are very smart despite their disabilities, so different approaches and plans were needed. Management was unorganized. I enjoyed knowing and working with my co workers which we helped each other a lot. The hardest part of the job sometime was dealing with a certain parents. The most enjoyable part of my job was witnessing my clients improvements and progress.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Underpayed
Only good for upper or admin Not for workers
Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakland caJanuary 10, 2014
If your in admin it's ok but workers work long hours for low pay

Management is abusive and rude or indifferent

Management treats staff like clients

Supervisors are a dome a dozen they way they are treated

Regular staff will turn down promotion and they make little

They say the have benefits but find reasons not to give them

If you get hired know ahead of time they except you to quit

You might end up with a 19 hour shift

If you have an issue they tell you to quit

They expect you to work when your sick

Clients live in dirty and damaged furniture
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No breaks bad pay and no future
Gathering data and analysis
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 3, 2013
>1:1 with a consumer
>Community base intervention
>Report to management for updates
>Collaborate with management and co-workers
>Own vehicle transport for consumer
>Collaborate outside entity/agency for consumer advancement, such like; Employment, Volunteer, Recreation
>Involve in behavioral and physical disabilities
>Employment rate, not relevant
Pros
Experience in mental behavior population
Cons
Own vehicle transport
Awesome organization
Receptionist / Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2013
Most of my days were enjoyable and busy. I learned that life should be appreciated and to always try to do the best, that you possibly can. The Management was good, for most of my time there. I met some of the greatest co-workers and friends. It was a big adjustment to a lot of the changes that were made. But, I would have to say, that the most enjoyable part of my job, was the feeling of being able to be a part of an organization, that made a big impact, on a lot of people lives. And a very big difference.
Pros
loved interacting with the clients and staff.
Cons
the changes that were made.
Provide a wonderful service to consumers and in turn building great relationships with co-workers as well.
Behavior Respite Companion - YS (Youth Services) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 2, 2012
As a senior employment specialist, I start out my day out in the field working with a consumer for 6 hours. These 6 hours are spent in the community doing productive activities such as job development, reviewing emergency skills, volunteer work, or assisting consumers that have obtained paid employment. While providing services to a consumer, I also implement behavioral intervention adhering to IABA's philosophy of positive reinforcement and non aversive techniques. Presently, I work with the company's most challenging consumer as he displays extremely aggressive behavior towards staff. It is also challenging as he has limited communication and it is difficult to find the function of his behaviors. I've learned a lot by working with this specific client as I've learned to be much more patient, learned to pick up on little details when watching for things that might trigger a behavior, and also learned how to control certain environmental factors and being able to redirect or remove the consumer from the present situation to keep him and others out of harm. Working at IABA has been a blessing as my management provide wonderful support and feedback. My co-workers as well are amazing people. I've come to realize that others that have been in the field as long as I have and even longer, have a great heart to be in the field and love to serve the people that they do. The hardest part of this job would be when the consumer is having a rough day and is displaying challenging behaviors while out in the community. It makes it worse when police are involved and the situation creates a  more... major disruption in the community. On the contrary, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you have a great day with the consumer you serve, and you can see that all the hard work you put in is paying off.  less
DO Not Work for this place I promise you now you WILL regret it
senior csc (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 20, 2012
continual threats of firing you if you dont do what they want, your never relieved off work on time, very racist towards arican americans,
Pros
non
Cons
pay, hours, meetings, trainings yet no certificate
Place to work
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 7, 2012
Great possibility for ABA Therapists.
15 Months as a Behavioral Technician(In-home DTT) and one-on-one Aide; integrating the in-home ABA program into a mainstream classroom for 9 of the 15 Months. Tasks included --but were not limited to-- : DTT, Functional Analyses, Behavior Assessments, the establishment of Stimulus Reinforcement Hierarchies and Schedules, as well as Task Analyses, and general supervision. During this time I became proficient in the Picture Exchange Communication System(PECS). Employed by Easter Seals; working under the supervision of a Behavior Analyst from CARD.
Pros
work
Cons
management