Institute for Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Lack of training, low pay and hours
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 27, 2018
I worked for this company for 7 months with minimal training and hours. The clients were constantly cancelling sessions, last minute and the therapist are not trained properly. Some of the homes were deplorable with roaches, dirty and filthy, and hoarding. The supervisors and management were not present or helpful
Pros
Choose work hours and cases
Cons
Low pay, part time work, no perks or benefits, minimal training, frequently cancelled sessions
Hours are not guaranteed/ doable job
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 4, 2018
I had higher expectations from this job. Coming in I had no experience with ABA and the training given was not adequate. That’s my biggest complaint, they literally throw you in with your first case alone.

My supervisors were helpful however. They helped when I had questions but I felt like I needed more one on one with them.

A lot of driving and you make your own schedule. Thus your hours are never guaranteed. It’s hard to fill your day with cases because families usually want the same time (like after school time) which you can only do 2 cases since each session is 2 hours. So you could have 3-5 and then 5-7 pm session times which isn’t always okay with the families who have the evening time because they think it’s too late.

I learned a lot on my own and the kids I worked with were great to watch as they progressed over time.

I would consider this an okay place to start but I feel other ABA companies will train you better and offer better compensation
Pros
Flexible, self-satisfying to watch the kids learn and progress over time
Cons
Pay, hours, lack of training, lack of feedback, you’re alone a lot
False promises
Behavioral Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 25, 2017
Interviewed and was told that if I had full time hour availability I would get full time hours alone with benefits.

And someone who has currently lost benefits. This was highly importantly I was available 8-10hrs a day.

Once in training it was told to is that it depends on location and need for therapists in that location. So you might only get 2-3 cases.

They say mileage and drive time is paid for, but they don’t specify until training week that it is only reimbursed if you are driving between session within an hour of each.

Shadowing, at least for me consisted of a 30-40min drive there and back. And only one session my whole training week. Once a day 1-3pm, I spent more on gas and mileage than they paid me.
Pros
Good families. Really good purpose.
Cons
No benefits. No career advancement.
Reactive and Judgemental
HR/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 17, 2017
Management was very reactive to situations, usually without full information. When information was presented in order to be proactive and get ahead of a situation, it was usually set aside and not considered until too late.
Other companies pay more, look elsewhere.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 21, 2017
- do not reimburse for mileage and drive Time from your home to 1st client or last client to your home
- if a client cancels you do not get paid for any drive Time or mileage in between clients
- mileage rate 33 cents per mile
- drive Time and training at $10 per hour
- they do not offer pto only sick time
- sick time is capped off at 24 hours and if you don't use them they do not accumulate or roll over
- office staff never answers phone calls
- bonuses are almost unattainable with certain clients because of the cancellations
- low wages and slow advancement less than a $1 increase a year even when you get nearly a perfect evaluation from 4 different supervisors.
Pros
Working with kids and teaching them the skills they lack.
Cons
Everything else
creative
Applied Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 12, 2017
Everyday is different I learned that you have to be flexible working with clients and parents. Management sets the tone. Fun place to work. The hardest part of the job is if something goes wrong and you don't receive a signature you don't get paid and it is difficult to get the compensation. The most enjoyable thing about the work is working with the clients it can be rewarding.
Pros
great clients
Cons
Not enough work hours
Review
Behavioral therapist (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAAugust 6, 2017
This Job doesn't have the best promotion system, promoting people that have little to no knowledge of how to assess different cases. rather than treating each case as a different case, supervisors create the same strategies for each client.
Pros
Cons
hours are subject to change upon each client, clients cancel, terrible leadership
Get to work with some neat families
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 11, 2017
Families are great..Usually see 3-4 kiddos a day. Unfortunately there are a lot of cancelled appointments by the families and the agency does expect you to make up the appointments even when the families continue to cancel..It is hard to get your desired hours each week without having to do a lot of extra visits to cover all the cancellations during the week..no fun.
Pros
Fun familes
Cons
Management is not involved with the daily requirements to compete visits