Institute for Child and Family Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent
Family Coach (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 25, 2018
Prepare reports by collecting analyzing and summarizing treatment and results data and trends, compiling statistics,completing grant and subsidy applications.Determine clients requirements.
sometimes it's can be fun to work there
Schools Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 7, 2018
It was ok to work there . The place was culturely diverse. Most of the time you have go to meet the students at their house sometimes the family member had refused. When the family refused service i do not get pay for the hour.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no benefits
poor managment
Targeted Case Manager, Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2018
No respect from CM supervisors
The documentation time was old and time/life consuming!
I enjoyed learning about teenagers and school-legal system. I learned about juvenile court system.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
documentation time was life consuming
Icfh
Developmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2018
Though the work may be rewarding, the unpredictable schedule was exhausting. But that is the nature of case management in some organizations. Must be willing to work weeknights and weekends
Great work environment
Medical Records Clerk/ Secretary I (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 3, 2018
I loved working at The institute for Child and Family Health. I was very young when I began working there and was able to learn a lot and meet a lot of people.
Health Connect Home Visitation Program
Utilization Management / HMO Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FloridaMarch 11, 2018
The Institute for Child and Family Health provides behavioral health, educational and preventional services to the children, adolescents and families at Miami Dade County.
Great people
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at ICFH, I worked there for about 4 years. Fair pay and great training opportunities. Very professional work environment. I was able to gain a lot of experience. Only thing I had an issue with was all the driving but besides that, no complaints.
Great clinical experience
MST Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 17, 2018
If you are in the need for clinical experience and enjoy working with children and families this would be a great place to start. Work is competitive and rewarding.
really?
Grant Programs Clinician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 11, 2018
YouI'm required to write a review...Well, working at ICFH has been a great experience. I work the grant department, supervision is alway, open door policy and young crowd environment.
Professional Advancement
Lead Multisystemic Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2017
Many changes have occurred within 2 years and there is minimal to no advancement. Personally I will never return to this company if they continue to treat their employees in such a manner.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Learning Environment
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2017
Working at ICFH was fun and challenging. I was able to meet new families and work with their children helping them to get back on their feet in their social and school lives. It was a very rewarding position to know that you have impacted someone's life.
Pros
Mileage reimbursement, family connections
Productive and Supportive
Program Supervisor/ Prevention Program (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2017
My brief experience at ICFH has allowed me to develop professional relationships with staff and management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the cohesion between staff and management.
Pros
Supportive management
my personal impression
Registered Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2017
I started to work in this place 2008 and I was happy there even when the salary and benefit were not the best . In 2016 the administration the company changed and the labor characteristics changed dramatically. Many people decided to stop working there, including me. At the present time I don't know.
Great place to work ann a great place to continue growing in yoir careeer.
Registered Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2017
Had a very flexible schedule. Loved the supervisors I had. They always motivated me to be the best therapist I can be. Loved all of the trainings they constantly offered to their employees.
Cons
Should have a better salary for its therapists.
teamwork place
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2017
I like what I do but I believe there a time when you work so long for a company that you need to grow and experience different opportunities in different work environment.
Pay rate is not enough to pay essential living costs
Non license mental health therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 2, 2017
Review pay rate and travel distances and pay for travel
Discusss issues with supervisor and she didn't seem to care for it. She spoke to management on my behalf and made a commitment I couldn't comply with she didn't tell me she was making a commitment in my behalf
Pros
Create your own work schedule very flexible
Cons
Low caseload not enough pay
Functional Family Clinician
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLJuly 3, 2017
Currently, I work providing in-home family therapy for court-mandated juveniles. The referrals are through the State of Florida Department of Juvenile Justice.
Used to be better
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2017
When I first started at ICFH the Work life balance and level of stress was excellent. However, as new management has taken over it has become a place of feeling overworked, under payed and micromanagement...
Pros
Lunch is given, vacation and sick time are pretty good, free healthcare
Cons
stress, pay
I get to be part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of others.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Sunset, FLJune 27, 2017
The work is thorough and rewarding. Clients receive clinical services at the clinic, home or school. I have learned to be more flexible with change. Overall the work ethic is great. The workplace is multicultural, making every day a new experience. The most challenging part of the job is balancing work and life. The most enjoyable part of my job is the clients I serve and the team I am honored to work with.
great experience
Clinician/Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2017
At this job I was in charge of counseling teens who had trouble with the juvenile delinquency and mandatorily had to receive behavior change therapy for 8-12 weeks or more. It was a family action and as many family members had to be present. The most rewarding part of this job was seeing the families grow closer together and the teens getting on the right path to life. I learned so much from this experience !