Institute for Community Living Employee Reviews

Fast pace, stressful environment
House Keeping / Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn nySeptember 26, 2018
Management is fair depending upon position no real growth fast pasted hard work salary sucks starting average state entry level 28,000.00 no good for NYC million dollar business just don't like to share it.
Pros
Plenty of pto
Cons
Hard work little pay
Company Overview Explanation
Entitlements Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 3, 2018
The Company needs a real change. Not too many of the upper management have knowledge of their position, they just have fancy titles. Many of the company's VP's get by through the skin of their teeth. There is no real Work/Life balance. The work is overwhelming and the pay is very low. They do not appreciate their employees the way they should and its not as "corporate"/ professional as it should be. Many positions given are through favoritism not experience. I forsee a crash if things don't change.
Pros
Learing Opportunities if you are open
Cons
Very Low pay and not much room for advancement
raises, parties for holidays
Sr. Case Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working there it gave me great experience and I learned so very much from the company which i feel advanced me better for the next job. This company has a lot to offer the clients that live there that is happy about there life and get them ready to become self sufficent
Pros
raises
Cons
nothing negative
poor management
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2018
It was a good learning experience but the management is poor. They do not provide proper supervision and the workload is overwhelming and unrealistic without proper compensation.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
unrealistic workload
Fun place to work
Counselor/Assistant Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2018
It's a low stress environment. Nice coworkers, supportive staff and managementthe only downside os the low salary but besides it's a great place to work.
Pros
Can balance work and family life.
Cons
Low salary
"Where executives get better with us"
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New york cityAugust 9, 2018
5 people let go after a few months of work. Although several executives received promotions and bonuses. The regular Care Coordinators worked extremely hard with little to no appreciation. Great to work with the clients oh wait they called consumers always a pleasure. At first thought it was a great place to advance however after a few months they showed their true colors and let 5 dedicated passionate workers go. This multi million dollar company and growing stated that they could no longer pay us.
Pros
Helping clients coworkers
Cons
Executive B S
Not Too Good
Substance Abuse Case Manager/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 26, 2018
I still work for this company not happy at all. They pay all the minorities to do jobs that they won't do, and they pay all the people who are careless with the clients so much more. Their board members are all white and no one in the upper management can relate to their clients. So they hire minorities living in the areas to pay them little to nothing to work with these clients. They also request that the employee have a Bachelor's degree and they don't make over 37k. It's sad! Therefore I am on Indeed looking for a compensative job for my skills. I knew more than my director in this position than he did. I did two jobs as a case manager and an administrative assistant because they wouldn't fund our program to have an assistant. Although the government gave them enough funds to have all of the employees needed they kept the money.

Harsh company
learned a lot from working with veterans
Case manager/Housing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
I learned the issues veteran face on a daily basis not just with being homeless but have mental health issues, substance abuse and medical issues that get ignored because the government wanted housing first
Pros
great vaction time benefits
Cons
salary should have been better
give or take from day to day can be a bit more stressful, depanding on residences and staff.
HOUSE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 31, 2018
great opportunities for those who need a starting ground floor to begin a career in and move on or for someone who looking to get back into the workforce.
Pros
paid time off, discounts, beneifts
Cons
low salary, work schedule changes, no overnight - differentual
Unsanitary work conditions
Children's Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 21, 2018
Low salary, no raise or bonus. Terrible office buildings. Case workers work at a picnic table with a laptop. Holes in the ceilings at certain sites. No funding to assist clients. Wires throughout the floor, horrible office space.
great learning experience
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2018
I loved working for iclinc because of the great people and the supervisors are very understanding and flexible when it comes to their employees. ICLINC is great.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
overnight shifts
Great company with the opportunity for growth.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 6, 2018
ICL is a great agency to work for. There are opportunities for career growth and advancement. ICL cares about its staff members and the people we serve. ICL is an agency that is trauma informed, Recovery oriented, integrates mental and physical health and sees every client as an individual who deserves person centered treatment.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth
Little incentives for career advancement and achievements
Case Manager-Supportive Housing (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2018
Although stressful for the nature of this job, the real source of discomfort was management and little interest in employees well being. Moreover management looked to be more interested in filling apartments that in the quality of life of its residents.
no accommendations for the staff
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2018
the work is hard and not enough pay, we had no place to eat our food and there was no place within the facilities for us to purchase a meal. often times the staff was put in comprising position, where clients would threaten and wait on them to leave work.
Pros
its a good place to start at the beginning level
Cons
distance, no unity, poor management from the excective level
The company has a great concept for the care of Mental health population
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2018
I know there are a great amount of people that really care for the community, especially those dealing with mental health. My personal experience was there was lack of support with internal management and field workers are not acknowledged as part of the overall team. A new supervisor was enabled to be verbally, emotionally abusive under the guides of staff needing greater support for a newly implemented system.
Productive Work environment
electrician in a timely fashion (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 28, 2018
Family friendly environment and great team work. Management was encouraging and easy to talk to. Job was sometimes hard but it was easy to do with the environment worked in.
fufulling
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2018
This a great stepping stone to start your career as a person in the social worker field. working with mental illness and substance abuse field is truly a gratify and will help you in different ares.
Not a good place
Entitlement Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
Very unprofessional place to work at. Higher management cut throats, your job is not secured. No respect for employees. They are all about revenue. Poor leadership and poor morale.
Pros
There are handful of good people
Cons
Don't have employees back
It is an unhealthy environment, with very little care about the well being of their employees.
Overnight Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2018
I was thrilled to be working for such a particular company, Their hiring process is rigorous, and I liked that. I figured, if they are putting you through all this to work with them they must be a great company to work for. Having worked at Wallet House was a terrible experience for me. They tried to get you to work without paying overtime. they wanted me to clean the walls and the blinds with a budget, Brillo pads, and soap, and when I refused they wrote me up as being insubordinate. They tried to get me fired several times. Brought me under investigation by having a resident file false claims on me. I would never apply there again. I had plans to move up in the company, but after I saw how they functioned I could not be apart of that.
Pros
My experience with the residents was educational
Cons
my encounter with management was unbelievable
Volunteer
Clubhouse Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 13, 2018
Receptionist duties. I could be a asset even with a disability because of high maintenance.Working with peers was rewarding and challenging. Enjoyed relaxed atmosphere. The lack of resources was a drawback.However, it was my pleasure to serve the community.
Pros
No judgment
Cons
Judgment by outsiders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Institute for Community Living. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about