Institute for Community Living Employee Reviews

Terrible
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2018
This company is not a good one to work for. The pay is terrible and the residences are not at all safe for staff. Too many incidents to write here but I definitely wouldn't work for them again.
no accommendations for the staff
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2018
the work is hard and not enough pay, we had no place to eat our food and there was no place within the facilities for us to purchase a meal. often times the staff was put in comprising position, where clients would threaten and wait on them to leave work.
Pros
its a good place to start at the beginning level
Cons
distance, no unity, poor management from the excective level
Not a good place
Entitlement Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
Very unprofessional place to work at. Higher management cut throats, your job is not secured. No respect for employees. They are all about revenue. Poor leadership and poor morale.
Pros
There are handful of good people
Cons
Don't have employees back
Fast pace, stressful environment
House Keeping / Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn nySeptember 26, 2018
Management is fair depending upon position no real growth fast pasted hard work salary sucks starting average state entry level 28,000.00 no good for NYC million dollar business just don't like to share it.
Pros
Plenty of pto
Cons
Hard work little pay
Not Too Good
Substance Abuse Case Manager/ Administration (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 26, 2018
I still work for this company not happy at all. They pay all the minorities to do jobs that they won't do, and they pay all the people who are careless with the clients so much more. Their board members are all white and no one in the upper management can relate to their clients. So they hire minorities living in the areas to pay them little to nothing to work with these clients. They also request that the employee have a Bachelor's degree and they don't make over 37k. It's sad! Therefore I am on Indeed looking for a compensative job for my skills. I knew more than my director in this position than he did. I did two jobs as a case manager and an administrative assistant because they wouldn't fund our program to have an assistant. Although the government gave them enough funds to have all of the employees needed they kept the money.

Harsh company
Business and Personall
Case Manager Family Shelter Shatter Site (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Business and personal feeling do not mix in the work force. If there is no problem with an individuals work do not try to force your personal feelings into the situation.
A healthy place to work in.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoy working for them and I would love to work for them again. I enjoyed taking care of the mentally impair I love my co-workers that I work with I enjoy having fun with them. I also like take them to different places eating different kinds of food
Great company with the opportunity for growth.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 6, 2018
ICL is a great agency to work for. There are opportunities for career growth and advancement. ICL cares about its staff members and the people we serve. ICL is an agency that is trauma informed, Recovery oriented, integrates mental and physical health and sees every client as an individual who deserves person centered treatment.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth
"Where executives get better with us"
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New york cityAugust 9, 2018
5 people let go after a few months of work. Although several executives received promotions and bonuses. The regular Care Coordinators worked extremely hard with little to no appreciation. Great to work with the clients oh wait they called consumers always a pleasure. At first thought it was a great place to advance however after a few months they showed their true colors and let 5 dedicated passionate workers go. This multi million dollar company and growing stated that they could no longer pay us.
Pros
Helping clients coworkers
Cons
Executive B S
Company Overview Explanation
Entitlements Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 3, 2018
The Company needs a real change. Not too many of the upper management have knowledge of their position, they just have fancy titles. Many of the company's VP's get by through the skin of their teeth. There is no real Work/Life balance. The work is overwhelming and the pay is very low. They do not appreciate their employees the way they should and its not as "corporate"/ professional as it should be. Many positions given are through favoritism not experience. I forsee a crash if things don't change.
Pros
Learing Opportunities if you are open
Cons
Very Low pay and not much room for advancement
The facilities need more work
Case Manager (promotion to BTAPIV) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2018
I worked at SSR down town Brooklyn. Infested with bed bugs. Yes bed bugs & they hired me then to tell me the building is closing. I was so disappointed the workers are petty & the management only like you if you do things there way.
Pros
Loved the paid trainings
Cons
Horrible experience
The company has a great concept for the care of Mental health population
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2018
I know there are a great amount of people that really care for the community, especially those dealing with mental health. My personal experience was there was lack of support with internal management and field workers are not acknowledged as part of the overall team. A new supervisor was enabled to be verbally, emotionally abusive under the guides of staff needing greater support for a newly implemented system.
a place of growth and the ability for advancement
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 13, 2018
the employees I worked with made it a place to work. they were generous and very understanding. I really appreciated working for this company. they always pushed me to my limits.
poor management
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2018
It was a good learning experience but the management is poor. They do not provide proper supervision and the workload is overwhelming and unrealistic without proper compensation.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
unrealistic workload
n/a
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2018
My typical day at work started at 8:30 am to 5:00pm. When I walking in to the office, I will checked my schedule and my calendar. Check GSI system for any emergency alerts.
Pros
Some of the people that I work with are very nice
Cons
Supervisor is very nasty to employees
The most drama full and negative place I’ve worked
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
It’s a negative place.
The management team belittles the employees. Treating them as if they don’t know their job duties and if you don’t have a title it is look down on to approach them.
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
The environment
raises, parties for holidays
Sr. Case Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working there it gave me great experience and I learned so very much from the company which i feel advanced me better for the next job. This company has a lot to offer the clients that live there that is happy about there life and get them ready to become self sufficent
Pros
raises
Cons
nothing negative
Fun place to work
Counselor/Assistant Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2018
It's a low stress environment. Nice coworkers, supportive staff and managementthe only downside os the low salary but besides it's a great place to work.
Pros
Can balance work and family life.
Cons
Low salary
Institute of Community Living
Employment Specialist/ Vocational Counselor (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 28, 2018
Interesting organization the employment staff is great to work for. Being able to serve the clients in providing employment needs and resources is quite rewarding. Demonstrating my role as an employment specialist has expanding my employment counseling skills job development for the better good of the client.
Pros
Program Events and job fairs
Cons
Different views in organizational policies
Great
Case Manager Supportive Housing (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
Great place to start and advance. The support was good, however the pay was not sufficient enough for the amount of work asked to do. It was a great starting point to gain experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Institute for Community Living. Our community is ready to answer.