Institute for Community Living Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
"Where executives get better with us"
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New york cityAugust 9, 2018
5 people let go after a few months of work. Although several executives received promotions and bonuses. The regular Care Coordinators worked extremely hard with little to no appreciation. Great to work with the clients oh wait they called consumers always a pleasure. At first thought it was a great place to advance however after a few months they showed their true colors and let 5 dedicated passionate workers go. This multi million dollar company and growing stated that they could no longer pay us.
Pros
Helping clients coworkers
Cons
Executive B S
a place of growth and the ability for advancement
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 13, 2018
the employees I worked with made it a place to work. they were generous and very understanding. I really appreciated working for this company. they always pushed me to my limits.
poor management
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2018
It was a good learning experience but the management is poor. They do not provide proper supervision and the workload is overwhelming and unrealistic without proper compensation.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
unrealistic workload
n/a
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2018
My typical day at work started at 8:30 am to 5:00pm. When I walking in to the office, I will checked my schedule and my calendar. Check GSI system for any emergency alerts.
Pros
Some of the people that I work with are very nice
Cons
Supervisor is very nasty to employees
The most drama full and negative place I’ve worked
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
It’s a negative place.
The management team belittles the employees. Treating them as if they don’t know their job duties and if you don’t have a title it is look down on to approach them.
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
The environment
raises, parties for holidays
Sr. Case Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working there it gave me great experience and I learned so very much from the company which i feel advanced me better for the next job. This company has a lot to offer the clients that live there that is happy about there life and get them ready to become self sufficent
Pros
raises
Cons
nothing negative
Fun place to work
Counselor/Assistant Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2018
It's a low stress environment. Nice coworkers, supportive staff and managementthe only downside os the low salary but besides it's a great place to work.
Pros
Can balance work and family life.
Cons
Low salary
Institute of Community Living
Employment Specialist/ Vocational Counselor (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 28, 2018
Interesting organization the employment staff is great to work for. Being able to serve the clients in providing employment needs and resources is quite rewarding. Demonstrating my role as an employment specialist has expanding my employment counseling skills job development for the better good of the client.
Pros
Program Events and job fairs
Cons
Different views in organizational policies
Great
Case Manager Supportive Housing (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
Great place to start and advance. The support was good, however the pay was not sufficient enough for the amount of work asked to do. It was a great starting point to gain experience.
Great Place
Case Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
great place to grow in the field and learn, depending on where you are you can learn a great deal and be taught a whole lot, clients are lovable as well
good place to work, lots of training
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2018
not too much to say, people always want more, promotion is not certain after years on the job.Its neither a win win nor a lose win, You do what you have to do, decide to stay there for a while and move on if you want career advancement
Pros
lots of training
Cons
slow career advancement
learned a lot from working with veterans
Case manager/Housing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
I learned the issues veteran face on a daily basis not just with being homeless but have mental health issues, substance abuse and medical issues that get ignored because the government wanted housing first
Pros
great vaction time benefits
Cons
salary should have been better
Fast paced and stressful
Client Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2018
I'm sure not all the programs are run the same. Its a great opportunity to really help and give of yourself, with the hopes of changing people's lives. Unfortunately its such a street mentally in operations, that operations and the social service team barely get along.
Pros
Great place to gain working experience
Cons
Not trained well for the population in which they serve
great learning experience
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2018
I loved working for iclinc because of the great people and the supervisors are very understanding and flexible when it comes to their employees. ICLINC is great.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
overnight shifts
Getting worse
CM (Current Employee) –  New York StateApril 1, 2018
ICL tries, I think, to manage all it's offshoots, but as a result there is almost no communication between executives and the people who do the work. Pays less than it takes to live near work. Their motto is "We help people get better" but that does not apply to their staff.
Pros
clients
Cons
everything but the clients
Fast paced busy work environment.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2018
The agency doesn't appreciate their workers as they should. Promotions are very hard to come by. The agency is somewhat clique-ish. A lot of micromanaging. If you are not in the inside crowd its very difficult for you to grow. Each division is different. The clients are truly the best part of the job.
Review
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2018
Was hired after temping with them for about a week. I made more money as temp employee verus as a fulltime employee. They do care for there patients that's the only thing they care about
It is an unhealthy environment, with very little care about the well being of their employees.
Overnight Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 15, 2018
I was thrilled to be working for such a particular company, Their hiring process is rigorous, and I liked that. I figured, if they are putting you through all this to work with them they must be a great company to work for. Having worked at Wallet House was a terrible experience for me. They tried to get you to work without paying overtime. they wanted me to clean the walls and the blinds with a budget, Brillo pads, and soap, and when I refused they wrote me up as being insubordinate. They tried to get me fired several times. Brought me under investigation by having a resident file false claims on me. I would never apply there again. I had plans to move up in the company, but after I saw how they functioned I could not be apart of that.
Pros
My experience with the residents was educational
Cons
my encounter with management was unbelievable
Walking on Eggshells
Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Management has Huge & fragile egos here. So we have to be very careful not to rub them the wrong way or they will find a way to make your life miserable. The staff turnover is so high. No one stays here because of toxic work culture. Btw, they treat Interview candidates poorly.
Pros
Commute
Cons
Toxic bosses
I enjoy working with the consumers
Assist individuals (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2018
Overall this agency is good I work the overnight shift so I only see the consumers in the morning before they go to their day programs. They trained me on how to give medication so I am know AMAP certified.