Instron Employee Reviews

Fairness in work distribution
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJune 21, 2018
It is essential that a Supervisor or Manager be fair in the distribution of work hours for hourly workers. All too often, due to some unknown intrinsic motivation, those in the position of authority abuse their authority. It is my view that it is akin to "economic castration" when a leader denies work hours to hourly employees they do not like, while diverting the " lions share" of work hours to those hourly employees they do like. Perhaps due to cultural conditioning, a culture of intrinsic bias exists without anyone asking the hard question of "Why?".
Pros
More productive employees
Cons
employee turn-over
Unsupportive management style
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 23, 2018
Self directed working environment however available work was extremely sporadic. The management were not supportive of subordinates needs and development. There really isn't "leadership" at Instron. The managers are focused soley on revenue generation and are often unethical in there business practices.
Pros
Self directed work scheduling
Cons
Management does not support there team
Productive work enviroment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 7, 2018
A fast paced work environment that keeps you moving and makes the work day fly by. Plenty of room for advancement and opportunity for growth. Supportive management which welcomes employee impute and suggestions.
Pros
Benefits, job security, and advancement.
Cons
Pay dose not match responsibilities.
Very Busy
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 3, 2018
The culture at Instron is very friendly and supportive. There is a lot of work to be done and coworkers are phenomenal. There is little opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
No advancement
Wonderful company to work for
Automobile mechanic/Garage manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 2, 2017
Excellent work environment , good pay, family parties, summer activities, company owned producing farm benefits for employee use.
Full service auto facility at 10% above cost.
Pros
Full cafeteria/baseball field/horse shoe rink and more
No communication
Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 21, 2017
I can only speak on the AR side. Very stressful due to a lack of communication within department in order to solve complex issues with customers. Immediate supervisor has no credit skills and does not have the maturity for the position
Pros
Attempts to give employee satisfaction
Cons
No team effort
Work you more than what you are paid
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 6, 2017
Management and HR are a joke. No one cares about you or your situation. HR only wants to fire people for nothing. The more turnover, the better bonuses they get.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Great place to work. Casual environment.
Manager Compliance & Logistics (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 2, 2017
The company has really matured over the last decade or so. The ITW Board of Directors has done a lot to improve the company's performance over the last few years. This has trickled down to the business unit level. I find the environment to be casual and one where everyone is treated equally. Some efficiency improvements are needed. I'm confident they will happen over the next couple of years. Company's operating system just upgraded a couple of years ago. In need of more IT support to take full advantage of the new ERP.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, team building events, summer soccer and volleyball
Cons
Not too many
good place to work
Production Manager - Machine Shop (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PADecember 29, 2016
a lot of flexibility and support from management. Some training and investments in new capital equipment. Up to date tooling and fixturing. Shipping some orders in a reduced timeline is challenging
Very friendly environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wycombe, PADecember 15, 2016
Enjoy to work.
People are helpful.
All facilities like restaurant, coffee machines are inside.
Appreciate people who has good performer.
Pros
Restaurant inside, Parties
Cons
Nothing found

Want to know more about Instron?

Ask a question
Has been an excellent place to work for the past 11+ years.
Quality Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PANovember 24, 2016
Instron has been an excellent place to work. I learned much about the testing industry as it relates to hydraulic and electro-mechanical testing equipment and machines. I've gained a tremendous amount of experience with the operation, troubleshooting, and corrective action of this equipment.
I would not be leaving Instron, except the company has decided to re-locate the plant in Massachusetts.
Pros
Excellent 401K, and vacation plans. Flex time work schedule.
Cons
Plant is re-locating
Good Place to work.
Sr. Web Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MANovember 13, 2016
No complaints. Have been here for a while. Most employees stay with the company long term. There have been many opportunities to learn and to grow. I highly recommend this organization.
Division no longer in business
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 16, 2016
Main business has survived well, no idea what it is like to work there today, it is a very different company than when I worked there.
Interesting and Fun Place to Work
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 17, 2016
My daily duties are to place Purchase Orders to different suppliers. Once the Purchase Orders have been placed, I am to follow up to make sure that these Purchase Orders have been received by the Supplier & that they are able to meet my delivery requirements.

It is a fun place work. I get along with everyone that I work with, including the Suppliers that I deal with on a day to day basis.
Great opportunity if you like to travel
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2016
I enjoyed working for Instron as a Field Service Engineer. You are able to work from home, you are given the use of a company vehicle, you are able to go somewhere different everyday, and you are trained all the latest material testing technology. The office staff at the main office are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Good training, medical and dental insurance
Cons
A lot of travel
Home of many nonproductive meetings
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJanuary 16, 2016
I do not recomend working here. Many long timers go thru thier day pushing thier imaginary F it button. Then joke about it being a button pressing day with the other long timers they chat with.This attitude comes from how they get treated by managment. Very top heavy with many layers of managers.
nice management
Senior Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAOctober 6, 2015
Good work place. Good company values. Employees have good work ethic and work well as team members. Work load is fair and management is very nice to their employees.
Pros
Is a good work place
Cons
Lots of traffic geeting to ths location
Enjoy the equipment.
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 10, 2015
I like working on the equipment and visiting the customers in their lab and there is a lot to learn about the industry. I enjoy working with my co-workers when they come out to my territory and work with me. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time in the day to complete the work required on the equipment and traveling to and from the customer and having to do all the admin work.
Great group of co-workers
Professional Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 18, 2015
Very busy, fast paced environment.
I've learned how to complete field service quotes and phone system.
Management is always there to support and encourage.
Co-workers are great team players.
Answering phones while completed a field service quote.
Helping service engineers.
Pros
Flex time during summer
Cons
Insurance PPO
great place to work.would recommend to anyone looking for a job there.
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grove City,Pa.May 11, 2015
Instron is a great place to work and I certainly enjoyed my time there.I was a temp for as long as they needed me and I would recommend to anyone looking to get hired there.I only wish they had a full time opening so I could have stayed.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere and very nice people
Cons
human resources personnel is needed at this company and not just at the mother corp.