Instrumentation Laboratory Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Regional Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 12, 2018
The best company I ever worked for! Positive energy, amazing managers! I would definitely go back and work for IL if i had the opportunity. The company itself is just amazing.
a blood gas instrument company
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 16, 2018
I worked at Instrumentation Laboratory when it was a part of Allied, Inc, a healthcare company, and I was involved in basic research and development of products
Pros
innovative
Cons
poor strategic plannng
do not recomment
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 2, 2018
I would not recommend this organization to a friend. The organization is extremely siloed with few advancement opportunities.
The culture is old fashioned to a serious fault.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
numerous
look for a better place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  USFebruary 6, 2018
inexperience upper management made it difficult to do job. If your not in their click, its a miserable place to work. You have to fight to do the right thing there.
Pros
good product
Cons
inexperienced upper management
I fufilled a required role liasion between Management and hourly workers. I was not recognised for my positive performance.
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYDecember 5, 2017
Managers are out of touch with hourly workforce. The business culture maintains a structure of definitive hierarchy; Managers speak in derogatory manner and dismissive of functional input.
Stressful environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MANovember 13, 2017
Workdays are packed with meetings and not enough time to complete assigned tasks. Typical work day is ~10 hrs. Very focused on project schedules and timelines but not enough resources to accomplish the work required. Micromanagement is very common.
Great company to work at
Clinical Applications Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 27, 2017
Excellent corporate culture, fantastic benefits. Long hours and lots of travel for field based employees. Management and field based employees are going through a lot of changes right now due to recent acquisitions. Nevertheless, with change comes opportunity for growth. Longevity of employees is unparalleled in the industry.
Pros
Corporate culture and benefits
Cons
Long hours, lots of travel for field based employees
Great exercise room
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - COAG Division (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 21, 2017
the pace is fast. Good people and i reported to a stern but fair supervisor. I do miss the place and friends that I made.
Thew work is very very interesting
Pros
subsidized caeteria
Cons
as in all places just a few bad apples
Intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 17, 2017
Repetitive but informative. Lots of meetings, attendance expectations were not always clear. Good intern meet & greet activities. Large company, pretty impossible to know everyone but people were overall friendly. Decent cafeteria, clean failities, lots of parking (uncovered), available gym and recreational team sports.
Good corporate environment
Hemostasis Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Instrumentation Laboratory. I spent many hours training on multiple instrument platforms and learned alot about hemostasis. I felt my time there was productive but I missed bench work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Questionable....
formulation technician, level-2 (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYAugust 14, 2017
Lazy workers. Management didn't have a clue. Very toxic people which created stressful work environment. Back stabbers all over the plant. Highly dysfunctional....
Interesting work and innovative company
Project Assistant and R&D Admin (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 20, 2017
A typical day required flexibility to switch quickly between administrative and project assistant tasks.

I primarily learned to prepare documentation for FDA audits and laboratory management

Management was appreciative of innovation and strong work ethic

Audit preparation was demanding but interesting work

A sense of participation in R & D achievements was very enjoyable
Pros
Varied tasks and friendly atmosphere
Cons
administrator compensation
Great group of people in the Finance department - low turn over.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 28, 2017
Company is consistently growing - 2 US acquisitions in the last 6 months. Workload has increased but no additional headcount in Finance department.. Low turnover in Finance. The majority who left , did so to retire.
Pros
Always busy. Can just speak for the Finance Department.
Cons
At the moment, just the overload of work.
Production, jokes, laughter
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
A work day work mainly consist on production equipment running. We would joke around to make the day pass. Culture is good for the most part but there are some individuals that change the atmosphere in the room. Those individual are two faced, lazy, rather sit back and let others do the job. Supervisors do not show appreciation for workers. There is zero compensation for job being done. I thought the goal was to strive to do better. The more i want to learn the more I'm told later. There is no one to go to. HR goes with management before anything.
benefits
Cons
management, hr, no room to grow
Horrid Company
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMay 17, 2017
I thankfully only worked here as a temporary employee. It was a blessing. There was rampant racism, agism, and incompetence that permeated the company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Many
Positive work experiene
Purchasing Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 16, 2017
Positive customer satisfaction environment
Focus on customer objectives
Dedicated employees work ethics
Feeling of ' making a difference' in people's lives
Pros
Great co-workers
Brief Overview of Work Functions at Instrumentation Laboratory.
Safety/Environmental/Calibration Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMay 12, 2017
Handled all safety and environmental functions for the company which was similar to Kearfott and Spectro/EDAX. Company had 200 employees with heavy manufacturing and safety PPE requirements.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere.
Cons
No cons to report. Company relocated most of its manufacturing to Massachusetts.
very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Blauvelt, NYMay 12, 2017
great place to work. but so much issues between leaders of the department and regular employees which if your just a temp they put you in the middle of all it
Pros
great pay
Cons
Lot of drama beetween management and employers
Productive, fast learner and adapt quick to my environment
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYOctober 18, 2016
Everyday is pretty much the same thing, there's no growth in this job really, the managers are pretty decent but can come down on you when a project is past due. The most challenging part of the job is to work with certain people sometimes due to their pace and lack of drive. However the best time is always lunch and after the day goes by fast and there's a boost in energy and production.
Interesting mix of science and business
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYApril 24, 2016
Great location. Close to New York City.Close to Westchester. It is an interesting mix of science and business. Plant is closed between Christmas and New Years.
Pros
awesome 8% 401(k) match after five years.
Cons
no cafeteria at the site