Instrumentation Laboratory Culture reviews

Most Staff members do not enjoy their jobs
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 7, 2019
There is a high turn over in most areas of the company. There appears to be very few employees that actually enjoy working there. The culture appears to be just a bunch of unhappy people that enjoy gossiping about one another. Overall the pay in most area in below the industry averages.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Pressure and Challenge
Team Lead of Software Test Engineering (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJuly 8, 2018
A typical day involves making sure what you are responsible for is aligned properly.
I learned that keeping ahead of the game is extremely important.
When something is in question, find the answer immediately instead of finding it when you "think you have time" because you may put it off and then forget to come back to it.
The workplace culture is high energy. Everyone is busy doing what is their responsibility.
The hardest part of the job is business knowledge. You really need to understand the product from the inside out and it takes a long time. I find myself always learning something new every day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that everyone is a team and not one person is accountable. The team is accountable.
Pros
Subsidized breakfast, food. More holidays than normal.
Cons
2 weeks of vacation to start, no questions.
do not recomment
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 2, 2018
I would not recommend this organization to a friend. The organization is extremely siloed with few advancement opportunities.
The culture is old fashioned to a serious fault.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
numerous
I fufilled a required role liasion between Management and hourly workers. I was not recognised for my positive performance.
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYDecember 5, 2017
Managers are out of touch with hourly workforce. The business culture maintains a structure of definitive hierarchy; Managers speak in derogatory manner and dismissive of functional input.
Great company to work at
Clinical Applications Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 27, 2017
Excellent corporate culture, fantastic benefits. Long hours and lots of travel for field based employees. Management and field based employees are going through a lot of changes right now due to recent acquisitions. Nevertheless, with change comes opportunity for growth. Longevity of employees is unparalleled in the industry.
Pros
Corporate culture and benefits
Cons
Long hours, lots of travel for field based employees
Production, jokes, laughter
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
A work day work mainly consist on production equipment running. We would joke around to make the day pass. Culture is good for the most part but there are some individuals that change the atmosphere in the room. Those individual are two faced, lazy, rather sit back and let others do the job. Supervisors do not show appreciation for workers. There is zero compensation for job being done. I thought the goal was to strive to do better. The more i want to learn the more I'm told later. There is no one to go to. HR goes with management before anything.
benefits
Cons
management, hr, no room to grow
friendly work environment with great cafeteria
Sr QA Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bedford MASeptember 10, 2015
I had a great relationship with my manager. management provide lots of mentor and leadership.
Interaction with other department mat be difficult at times.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
do not offer part time jobs
A Broken System
Principal Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 19, 2014
The hardest part of this job is keeping up with rapidly changing priorities. Management plays favorites to the detriment of the rest of the organization. Recent run ins with the FDA have caused a massive shift in culture, which will improve some things once the dust settles.
Pros
Subsidized Cafeteria & Gym
Cons
Mismanagement
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAAugust 5, 2013
Enjoyed working with other writers, engineers, and assembly line people.
Pros
Great Cafe
Cons
Too far to commute
Senior Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 14, 2012
Plenty of work to be done. Great opportunities for progression. Continuously striving for excellence to be the best in the business. Takes great care of employees. Benefits are fantastic.
Pros
great employees