Instrumentation Laboratory Pay & Benefits reviews

Stressful sweat shop
Formulation Tech (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NY 10962January 22, 2019
The environment is depressing it's a Non-Stop standing 8 hours in one position. Brakes have to be given by relieving other operators. management does not exist
Pros
Got paid
Cons
Stable job, very little growth.
QC Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYAugust 1, 2018
Very difficult to make a career here. Some very good benefits are available. Work often times is underappreciated by the management who has a lot of power in the company.
do not recomment
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 2, 2018
I would not recommend this organization to a friend. The organization is extremely siloed with few advancement opportunities.
The culture is old fashioned to a serious fault.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
numerous
Great company to work at
Clinical Applications Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAOctober 27, 2017
Excellent corporate culture, fantastic benefits. Long hours and lots of travel for field based employees. Management and field based employees are going through a lot of changes right now due to recent acquisitions. Nevertheless, with change comes opportunity for growth. Longevity of employees is unparalleled in the industry.
Pros
Corporate culture and benefits
Cons
Long hours, lots of travel for field based employees
Good corporate environment
Hemostasis Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Instrumentation Laboratory. I spent many hours training on multiple instrument platforms and learned alot about hemostasis. I felt my time there was productive but I missed bench work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Interesting work and innovative company
Project Assistant and R&D Admin (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 20, 2017
A typical day required flexibility to switch quickly between administrative and project assistant tasks.

I primarily learned to prepare documentation for FDA audits and laboratory management

Management was appreciative of innovation and strong work ethic

Audit preparation was demanding but interesting work

A sense of participation in R & D achievements was very enjoyable
Pros
Varied tasks and friendly atmosphere
Cons
administrator compensation
Production, jokes, laughter
Production Operator II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
A work day work mainly consist on production equipment running. We would joke around to make the day pass. Culture is good for the most part but there are some individuals that change the atmosphere in the room. Those individual are two faced, lazy, rather sit back and let others do the job. Supervisors do not show appreciation for workers. There is zero compensation for job being done. I thought the goal was to strive to do better. The more i want to learn the more I'm told later. There is no one to go to. HR goes with management before anything.
benefits
Cons
management, hr, no room to grow
Benefits are excellent. Workout gym
Mechanical Designer, Change order coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAFebruary 4, 2016
Excellent benefits, Nice place to work. Friendly atmosphere. Work hours are adjustable. Good advancement, Co-workers professional.Plenty of parking. Nice gym to work out in. Work area updated when you need. Computer equipment updated when needed.
Pros
Subsidized lunches from good cafeteria.
Cons
Long distance driving for me.
Pros and Cons
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Subsidized food and drinks, 8% match on 401K, 90% paid health/dental/vision, large company with money to burn, job security

Cons: Employees are spread thin with multiple job titles, unorganized structure for each department and affiliate branches, poor interdepartmental communication, no career advancement.
Nothing but chaos
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  OrangeburgMarch 26, 2015
No real management at all. Supervisors have no idea what is going on, only plan for the here and now no vision for tomorrow. Equipment is old and has not been taken care of in years. No teamwork or training, every man for himself. Money was great but not worth it. Health benefits were expensive 401K match is good.
Pros
401K, good hourly pay.
Cons
Everything else.
Great benefit good salary
Incoming Inspection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAFebruary 27, 2015
This company has great benefits and good salary. Doing good in the market. In Operation department people are really nice and friendly. The other side of the building out of operation is a completed other company. There is some lack in communication.
Pros
Good benefit, great Cafeteria
Cons
No communication in between department
Good Company to work for.
Senior Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAFebruary 13, 2015
They provided interesting work in an environment where my supervisors appreciated what I did. I was able to continue developing my skills with in house training, outsourced retreats for training, and they compensated for online courses I completed.

They had nice company events and the 401K was great with 8% matching. If I did not leave for more education I would still be there.
Great Place to Work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMay 22, 2014
I have been at Instrumentation Laboratory for 5.5 years and I really enjoy my job. Management really cares about employee's well being. I love the benefits. (Tuition Reimbursement, Health Care, etc.)
Pros
Salaries, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation
Past employee
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 28, 2012
Fantastic company. Worked as Field Service Engineer. Management great,coworkers would do anything to help you out. Tech. support very helpful when in need.
Pros
good salary, benefits and great coworkers.
Cons
eliminated field service, lost my job
Senior Assembler (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAMarch 14, 2012
Plenty of work to be done. Great opportunities for progression. Continuously striving for excellence to be the best in the business. Takes great care of employees. Benefits are fantastic.
Pros
great employees