Integral Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not Positive
IDD Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2018
My experience was absolutely horrible. The management style was very much sink or swim. Most supervisors were very young, inexperienced, and less than helpful. Production percentage was all that mattered at Integral Care. The lack of knowledge amongst staff regarding Developmental Disabilities was alarming.
Everything I know in this field, I learned through Integral Care
RN - Clinical Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2018
Ensuring adequate medical services for the people

Management believed and provided an open-door policy.

The company's concept prepared me for my job
Pros
Very well structured organization.
Cons
Unit closures
Great Place for Case Managers and Accomplished Admin
Quality Management Report Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 25, 2018
Case managers and clinicians are paid well compared to market value. For Administration, it is a good place to develop professional skills and develop one's career.
If you have a degree then you will be fine here
Administrative Tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2018
Treats support staff like they are unimportant. I am just not happy working for this company. They promote people of ethnicity before any one else causing me to have been passed up for 3 promotions.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
to many supervisors who all want you to do things their way
Great work envirnoment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2018
Everyday is a different day, to learn something new so I would say its your typical work day in a office. Management is great haven't experience anything bad.
poor management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
CFS
poor management, lack of education and training. Wont let you expand to better your position. Poor judgment no understanding lack of communication
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Horrible culture and horrible management
Intake (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2018
To HR down to the lowest management level, Integral Care proved to be a white driven organization. There was a lot of competition, favoritism, harrasment, gossiping, and lack of support. Services are some what helpful but clients are rushed through services, which is very sad. Leadership training is much needed within the organization.
Pros
Benefits, experience
Cons
Short breaks, overworked, poor management
Always expanding- room for advancement
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The agency is always expanding which is great since they are very supportive of internal transfers and promotions. This has provided a ton of opportunities to expand my experiences and learn about new programs and processes. Since I've been here I've received 4 pay raises (2 from internal promotions and 2 from across the board agency salary increases). It's true that the pay at the state is usually higher, but those who work hard and take on new projects can climb the ladder here pretty easily, especially on the administrative side of things (I can't speak as much to the direct care). They also have a strong focus on professional development and supervision, so I do feel like I'm more than just a productivity number. Most importantly, people work their tail off for their clients and it shows everyday how much they value the individuals they serve.
Fast-Paced Team Enviornment
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
Not for the faint at heart, days can be long and stressful, but the work is rewarding! Starts slow, but moves fast one your caseload ramps up. Depending on your particular program you can offer a lot services in-house, or you may need to outsource within the community.

Great sense of community among other staff, who are very supportive of one another. Excellent training and presentation opportunity for staff who take advantage. Management is supportive of staff moving on and up within the agency and often refer to other management.

Hours can be long as you schedule your own meetings with clients, and sometimes if you're collaborating with outside agencies schedules can be a tight juggle. There is a pretty dense medical records data base you have to learn, but once you get familiar with what's necessary for your particular job/unit it becomes second nature.
Pros
Flexible schedules, supportive management, great training opportunities
Cons
Long hours, stressful deadlines, a lot of paperwork
Great for Individuals Entering Social Work
WRAPAROUND FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2017
I have been working at Integral Care for a year and a half now, and I am pretty satisfied with my experience thus far. My program manager and team lead are incredibly supportive of me and of the unit (Child & Family Department) as a whole. I feel supported and heard and encouraged by managers but coworkers alike. This position has also given me invaluable experience - it's a program I'm proud to be a part of.

The job itself can be quite stressful, but if you love to help people then this is a great position to leap into the world of social work. That aside, having to adapt to the constantly changing procedures and standards in the department can be a lot to manage. However, the positive is that the department has seen many improvements over the time I've been here, which is quite fortunate for new-comers.
Great Place
Mental/Behavioral Health Crisis Hotline (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2017
It has it challenges, but it is an amazing place to work. The managers are good, and staff really work hard. I do not have any other in put, accept give this place a try.
Pros
everything
Cons
people navigation
Caseload Distribution
Bilingual Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2017
The number of consumers to a caseload is not correctively analyzed nor focused on the caseworker's overall balance between their personal life & work. There was not enough employee's to fit the demands of consumers in the GR population. Over 90 clients to one person is hard to manage alone.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Heavy caseload.