Integrated Life Choices Employee Reviews

Good job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 30, 2019
Ilc is a good place to work. I love the house I'm at. My supervisor is great. Most of the staff is like family. Scheduling is pretty fair. The pay could be better as my house is an asleep overnight but otherwise the pay is ok. Overtime is good.
Amazing company!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NESeptember 13, 2018
Its a great place to work! Everyone is helpful and almost always smiling! I love being able to have all of the opportunities I am given to volunteer throughout the day.
My thoughts...
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEAugust 30, 2018
I love what I do now, so much. However, there is little room to move up in the company, unless you're in with the right people. I have been asking for almost 2 months now about a schedule change, and things are only getting worse, not better.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEAugust 16, 2018
You help adults with developmental disabilities learn new skills. It can be a tough but rewarding job all at once. The management is great at supporting their employees and are always looking for new ideas to help the individuals. You learn to be a team player and a tremendous amount of patience and creativity.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
can get physical sometimes - may leave the day with some bruises and scratches
A job that takes passion
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 20, 2018
You do alot of work for a little amount of pay. The job can be very hard at times. The people that are supported there are amazing people. I enjoyed the job.
Teamwork and good communication is a must.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJuly 14, 2018
Its a great job, but it requires lots of patience and perseverance. Some individuals may be violent, they may be non verbal some may require help with personal hygiene. There's also lots of documentation and program tracking.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Long shifts sometimes
worst
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 26, 2018
This company is one of the most poorly run companies I have ever worked for. Not only is the management poor but this follows on down the line to supervisors and employees.
Enjoyable place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Integrated Life Choices. It was definitely stressful at times, but there was a lot of collaboration and support from management and coworkers.
Fun place to work but underpaid
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 2, 2018
I really do enjoy working at Integrated Life Choices. I feel like the company really does care about the individuals and go above and beyond for the people they support. The only bad thing I have to say is they underpay their employees and they don't have a lot of advancements.
Flexible hours and great work culture
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 4, 2018
Integrated Life Choices is a great option if you are looking for flexible hours or more traditional hours. They are always willing to work with staff to ensure both your needs are met and the client's needs are met.
Pros
Management team, flexible hours
Cons
Losing hours due to weather/holidays/school cancelations.
Hard work. But has its rewards
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 28, 2018
The owner of the company gave me a chance when others refused. The pay is a lot better than most DSP jobs around.. The work is hard, it isnt for everyone. But the rewards are great!
Pros
Life balance
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 15, 2018
I loved working there. Loved the people I worked with and for. Laid back environment easy going great atmosphere. The staff is great, the clients are wonderful.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 6, 2018
This is not an easy field to work in and has never compensated people who do this line of work fairly. You can tell the employees/DSP’s who truly put the individuals first and work to support them. Most of the others are very negative about their job and bring everyone down around them(obvious it’s their problem and not a company problem.) ILC’s Support of the individual is the main focus as it should be! ILC has great 401k and competitive benefits. There are a ton of good things happening here!
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Wage
N/a
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 4, 2018
I felt I was wrongfully informed on the level of disabled adults I would be working with I was not properly informed on necessary background information on some clients regarding their violent/sexually violent history
A great place to work!
Vocational Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 9, 2017
As with any company providing services in the Human Services field, the pay is not stellar. However, the managment team is supportive and the culture of the company is warm and almost family like. ILC regularly rewards great staff, offers at least one big company party each year, and prefers to promote from within. This is the best company in this field I have worked for!
Pros
Team mentality, training, advancment
Cons
Pay
Hardest workers are poorly paid and undervalued, often to the point of physical harm
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 5, 2017
Upper level management/executives earn highly competitive salaries while their employees are physically, mentally, and emotionally harmed by individuals the company sees as dollar signs rather than real human beings who need invested care and service. I was attacked and severely injured while on the job and told I was responsible for finishing my shift if I couldn’t find anyone to come in for me. Do NOT work here if you value your life and mental health - because the people who make thousands of dollars from your hard work do not care about your well-being.
Poorly run place of employment.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEOctober 13, 2017
ILC does not pay their employees what they deserve to be paid. Managers do not promote and reward employees with solid work ethics. Managers protect less ethical employees. I would not recommend ILC unless you have no work ethic.
Pros
Working with the Developmentally Disabled Individuals.
Cons
Management.
Terrible place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEOctober 3, 2017
Working there was misery. The individuals were the only reason I stayed as long as I did, to try and make their lives a little better. The management for ILC sweeps Important issues under the rug and does not know how to control their budget. They allow people who do drugs to work as DSP's and when their Individuals are being abused ignore the situations.
Pros
Helping the Individuals become more independent
Cons
management, pay, coworkers
Daily
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEOctober 3, 2017
It is a good place to work just lack of communication and lack of care for employees. Great manager at the Hastings location. Upper management seems unappreciative of hard works and only point out the bad.
Cons
No breaks
na
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 21, 2017
I didn't like the wage. The jobs provided for me were less than desirable. I did like the culture, everyone was friendly for the most part. Definitely better than DSN.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integrated Life Choices. Our community is ready to answer.