Integrated Power Services Employee Reviews

Chaos, and confusion, most of the time...
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2018
When I left this company, they were a month behind on service work. Mechanics were leaving for better pay, and they had already lost 5 technicians. They had an immense amount of service work, but simply couldn't keep up with it. While the Service Manager was a nice guy, the piles of paperwork, and chaos were incredible. It was a never ending battle for the technicians to stay on top of the work...impossible! Long, very fast paced hours, and some Saturdays. The stress was never ending!
Pros
Good benefits package.
Cons
Super fast paced, unorganized chaos, too much work for a few technicians.
productive and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time there for the most part.

I wish there had been a bit more direction when asking questions, staff is friendly and supportive. always something new and fun happening within the office - my time there was well spent
Good place to work, Management issues at the time I was there, however, they have change now
Assistant to Controller, Accounting (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 30, 2018
During my time at IPS I work several different positions with the account department. They are several management changes which caused some conflict internally.
Fun work culture
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 15, 2017
Great company and treated employees well.
Management was good
Worked hard to keep accounts balance and reconciled
Managed inventory
Monthly close
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
It was technical and had to be precise with every thing.....
Motor Winder (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 14, 2017
It was a great place to work, every project required full detail. It was important to be precise on how the wires were placed into the rotors and motors. Precise wire placement was the only way to get proper movement of the motor.
Pros
Using my mind to complete every task
Cons
One slip up and you had to start over, this could be a project that has taken several days.
A job with plenty of opportunities to learn
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WY 82901November 24, 2017
A job that went through some changes with different styles of management depending on who was in charge. I was challenged to perform several different positions depending on where I was needed.
Harrased about every day from a group .
Mechenic (Current Employee) –  Indiana paNovember 21, 2017
They have there buddies that get away with all and don't inforced equal opportunity employment . In certain department by supervisor and boss they played football together .Human relations don't step in when make complaints . Blamed for others mistakes. Waste full on Inventory. Get threatened a lot.By other workers .They have group effort on harrasement .
Cons
Short term people .
Quick pace and very competitive industry per the territory
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornton, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Anyone in the industrial industry will and can relate. Price versus quality is what I can always sell against but have had a challenge due to the high demand in price. We are a union shop which keep us in the higher tier with regards to being competitive
Good Company
Coil Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Glassport, PAMarch 13, 2017
IPS is a good company to work for. They are a very "hungry" organization with an eagerness to grow. Great leadership with a clear vision on what they are setting out to achieve.

Difficult to give an accurate review and recommendation due to the size and different roles withing the organization. There are a lot of 20+ year employees who speak very highly of IPS.
Pros
Vision, Culture
Cons
Lack of Training, Accountability
Management is completely lacking any working knowledge of electric motors and anything electrical
Field Service Technician/shop mechanic (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 8, 2017
Be very careful when looking at this company for employment. The management is totally clueless as to what the workers are doing and why. The lack of managerial skills pushes everything back to the individual worker and pits workers against each other for the resources available to complete the job.
The complete lack of oversight for quality is horrific as is the safety culture.
Also there is union issues that may prohibit your continued employment there. Depending on what union management decides to put you in(no, you dont have a choice) your initiation fees may be as high a $1000 to join a union that has no clue as to what you will be doing. Boilermakers union overseeing an electrical shop just doesn't make sense. They cannot represent you in any fashion, and wont.
If you dont care about your reputation, then work for I.P.S.
But, if you do care, look elsewhere.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Management that doesnt know anything about electric motor repair. Horrible safety. Bad attitudes.
Horrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJanuary 14, 2017
Horrible management, unethical behavior, very dirty facility which during my time there generated multiple customer complaints and a vow to not do business there, rely on contracts that have been in place for years and unable to expand business due to poor reputation and general management, much of the upper management doesn't have experience in the field of the people they are managing creating a harsh work environment and unreasonable expectations, fraudulent procedures as I was not reimbursed for expenses incurred as promised after detailed expense reporting
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else but compensation
Ips glassport now defunct
Spreader (Former Employee) –  Glassport, PADecember 30, 2016
I liked my job but they wouldn't let me do it they kept transferring me to other jobs. No salesmen, no management. Business was in service for 99 years thanks to them the plant has closed.
Pros
Good safety training but should have worried about customers instead of safety
Cons
Too numerous to mention
Safe working, good people to work for Washington pa. service center.
2nd Class Electrical Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 16, 2016
Management gives you your job and lets you work.
How work on electric motors and gear boxes.
They work with you on every thing, they have your back.
Easy to work with, no one is going to cut throat, every looks out for each other.
Some times you have to work 24 Hrs. a day, but that's the job.
The people you work with like family. Pay day every week.
Pros
Free safty lunches once a mouth.
My time at IPS
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 14, 2016
This place blóws to work for the management is a shìt show and everybody that works there knows it nobody gets along with each other which makes it almost impossible to get anything done then management doesn't know how to do their jobs that their employees have to do so they like to bitćh at you but they don't know how because they don't know what you're really doing but there's lots of hours available for the most part but don't ever expect a pay raise because that won't happen
Pros
20 minute paid lunch good hours for the most part
Cons
Everything listed above
Fun, Family atmosphere, great place to work
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2015
A typical day includes working up quotes for existing or new customers, keeping track of jobs being worked on in house or keeping up on jobs that have been outsourced. Answering calls based on customer needs.
Pros
Fun, hard working co-workers, the ability to laugh and enjoy the work day.
Cons
non
A great job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVJanuary 16, 2015
I liked the job but did not like the way management tried to run things.
Pros
Freedom to run my territory.
Cons
A new manager that had no idea what he was doing. Several of us resigned.
Well intentioned, poorly managed company. Good resume experience, if frustratingly inefficient way to get it.
Industrial Motor Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 23, 2014
The work is interesting and includes working on motors from 5 to 5000 horse power. These are large industrial units that weigh up to 40,000 pounds. When I first got hired, I used to describe it as kind of like working on battleships. IPS has a lot of potential. The individual shops, 21 in all, are still too loosely coordinated and often compete with or don't work well with each other. The entrenched management at IPS Denver is remarkably inept, hence my current job search. The infighting among supervisors resembles 1st graders trying to negotiate a hostage release on empty stomachs. Pay and benefits are decent but not enough to tolerate the toxic culture, and the commute.
Pros
Good work/resume experience
Cons
Nincompoops for coworkers
Good Place
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington PaMay 28, 2014
Good place nice people wish I could go back. Miss the people good pay good benefits.
Clean professional environment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Thornton, ILDecember 17, 2013
I was "let go" the day after complaining about workplace harassment.
lots of breaks and safety education
Machinist (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 30, 2012
Air conditioning, quality work with good equipment. If I needed something, I could usualy get it. As much as I enjoy repairing electric motors, I should never had left
Pros
safety rewards something different every day
Cons
tattle tails