Integrated Project Management Employee Reviews

Astounding
Project Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILFebruary 27, 2019
IPM is a rare breed in today's corporate world. The focus on non-compromising culture and producing quality results by employing quality people are mainstays that are unseen in most companies today. I would recommend this company to anyone considering consulting or with project management and leadership skills.

The recruiting, interview and on-boarding processes truly weed out the people that are not going to be able to produce in the fast paced world of consulting. All the while the company is evaluating every person for their leadership and intrinsic values.

If you are looking for a meaningful place to work that cares about results, quality, employees and community; this is the place.
Pros
Benefits, Work Environment, Challenging, Culture
Cons
Travel
Outstanding Recruiting and Orientation Process
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2019
To begin with, IPM establishes themselves as a company of high integrity and a personal touch during the recruiting process. Follow ups are fast, the schedule of the interview is set at a nice cadence to keep you moving. The feedback is excellent at every step, and everyone involved in bringing you through the process is well-informed, and thoughtful. The recruiting and interview process was what sold IPM for me.

Then, the 3-week (your mileage may vary) orientation and training process is quite simply the best I have ever experienced. From an orientation standpoint, this is a high-touch process that brings you through all the facets of IPM, and by the end of it, you feel fully integrated in to the company. From a training standpoint, even if you bring years of experience to the role, there is always something to learn, and this process--guided by an internal trainer--teaches you "the IPM way," making you more effective as a member of THIS team.

Overall, new employees could not ask for a better experience from first contact through getting your first assignment. Highly recommended.
Pros
Culture, attention to detail, thoughtful and deliberate, welcoming
Cons
Can't think of any
Excellent On-boarding, Family Feel
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 4, 2019
IPM's on-boarding orientation and training program lives up to the company's philosophy. In my >20 year career, it was the first place that was really prepared to launch your start, everything was right there and ready to go! The training portion is comprehensive in its preparation for your role expectations. Makes sense, they are a project management company and orientation is a process They showed how thorough yet welcoming orientation should be. The company has a family feel, where the CEO knows your name and people are pulling for your success.
Exceptional company
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 4, 2018
This is an absolutely exceptional company that is values based, develops its work force, and truly cares about its people. The CEO is a visionary who consistently plans for the future growth and success of the organization and its most important resource...its people.
Pros
values, care for its people
Cons
none at this time
Project Management Associate
Project Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2018
The training is clearly defined but also rigorous which feels like a part time class for 3 weeks, called PREP. You are "Integrated" into the client's office most of the time and support their project as if you were part of that company.

Leadership at IPM is beyond willing to support and listen to your experiences and help when possible. There is never a wrong questions.

the company's SharePoint site is incredibly open and clear and it is easy to find all the resources you need.

The flexibility as a consultant is important but they try and reduce or reward those situations by also being generous with reimbursement, bonuses, and recently profit-sharing.

Dealing with teams and sponsors of various types can be difficult and also going into a new project could potentially be daunting but leaning on your manager (Director) is effective.
Pros
Flexibility, team building, activities, quarterly staff meetings, reimbursement, tons of different opportunities
Cons
Little abiguity about where you are assigned next
Extremely supportive and exciting place to work
Project Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
IPM is great for so many reasons, with the best reason being the culture. Everyone at IPM wants to help each other and truly treats employees like family. The hardest part of the job is always being expected to put out your best work and continuous improvement, but they also give you the tools to do so. IPM truly focuses on the concept that their product is their people and in order to have the best product, they treat their people amazingly.
A well-run, highly-ethical company
Senior Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2017
In my 30 years in the workforce, my time at IPM has been the best in terms of quality of coworkers and overall work environment. It is a collaborative, team environment that people feel good about working in. The job can be stressful and grueling at times, but the company makes a concerted effort to take care of its people in the tough times.
Pros
Quality of coworkers
Cons
Exceptional people; professional environment; company with a soul.
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 31, 2017
The people at IPM are wonderful. My peers are bright and talented and push me every day to be better. Management is great. Never in my career have I felt that my manager cared more about my own growth, development and career goals than I have felt here. And this has been true with multiple managers in the organization. The executive team is smart and leads by example ethically, professionally and culturally.
Projects are challenging and matter significantly to the clients we work for. I feel that I have a green light to focus on areas of passion for me in a pursuit to grow IPM and make the organization better. The hardest part of my job is finding time to work on those internal initiatives that benefit IPM with a full-time consulting workload.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with a number of great organizations. The people you meet, relationships you forge and things you learn from this exposure are invaluable.
People should keep in mind that this is a business consulting firm. So as a consultant, the majority of your time will be spent at client sites and not at the IPM office. Additionally, commutes can be long as with any consulting job. If you understand the demands of business consulting and are ok with them, I can't imagine a better organization to do it with.
Pros
Great people, challenging work, genuine management, impressive clients
Cons
Travel
Work is Essentially Your Life
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILApril 28, 2016
The culture is wonderful and overall is a wonderful place to work at due to the events that take place as well as the co-workers that are there to make working fun. The CEO in particular is a wonderful person to work with and even talk to. The benefits offered are top-notch but that is where the good stops. The expectations that the company has for you is unrealistic and the weekly one-on-one meetings and evaluations will tire you out. Basically put, if the job given to you is a lot and can't be finished within a day, you better work from home to complete it even if you're an hourly employee. I'm sure it depends on who your manager is but there isn't a real standard to the evaluation so it feels imbalanced and more unfair for an honest working employee. There isn't a real standard for things there which in turn makes working hard as there isn't any clearly defined expectation of how things are done or what is expected of you.

I'm sure with improvement, the company could greatly expand but as it is currently, I can't see it growing rapidly with minor things that set it back.
Pros
Occasional lunches and parties, extravagant events, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Tough Place for Entry Level Accountants
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 16, 2014
Most of the people there are great to work with and they treat you like family. They have a great and established reputation that will guarantee success in the future. The only fault I found at Integrated Project Management was management in expecting 100% from you right from Day 1. You are trained for a day and you are expected to know the material after a few hours of training.
There are better places to work
. (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILApril 16, 2014
IPM has very demanding and unrealistic expectations. No casual days, not even Friday. They boast about being voted a great place to work, but that only happened because of the benefits, not the work environment! PMs travel A LOT and are a pain to work with! I recommend working elsewhere!
benefits
Cons
everything
Demanding and driven company with high standards of quality.
Project Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Provided Project Management Consulting services at client sites throughout the United States. I learned to trust and rely on Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the execution projects. The most challenging part of the job was relationship building with the SMEs in a very compressed timeframe.
Pros
Privately owned
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integrated Project Management. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2