Intel Employee Reviews

Found 2,964 reviews matching the search See all 3,900 reviews
Black balled after 35 years of employment
Product Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 6, 2018
Despite 10+ years of successful reviews, I was blind sided and fired and told I could never work at Intel again. I had spent my entire technical career there and was extremely qualified for other jobs at Intel but not allowed to seek out any of them. About 70% of the employees feared losing their jobs every focal process. We knew that 5 - 10 percent of the people we worked with would get demoted or fired every year regardless of performance. Somebody had to get nailed leaving managers forced to pick employees that did a great job and in no way deserved it. This forced the culture to be cut throat and caused peers to rat out each others to increase the odds that they would not get fired or demoted the next focal cycle.
Pros
Great benefits and pay. most projects were cutting edge and exciting to work on.
Cons
Cut throat, stressful, culture increased performance in fear of losing your job.
Really fast paced and cut throat
Engineering/Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 10, 2018
I lived the job that i did here but the management and training staff was very poor . i had so many different managers in such a short time it was hard to bond with them. there was favortism and retaliation anytime you would question actions that you knew were wrong.They weaponize your issues and use them against you.

If you can get the right supervisor then the sky is the limit with the company. i have had several friends lose their job here just because there boss changed and they did not bond with them for one reason or another. I was hard to see peoples careers decided based on how much butt you kissed.
Pros
I loved the culture and the work and all the things that the company does for it employees.
Cons
back stabbing, dishonest, quick paced
October 15, 2018

Hello – In your post you raise some concerns about your time working at Intel. We take concerns of this nature seriously and we would like an opportunity to look into them. Please send any details that you are able to share to ethics.reporting@intel.com so that we can look into the issues you mention.

Good place to work, bad place to stay.
Install Qual tool owner (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 18, 2018
Intel is good place to work...if you aren't several tens of thousands of dollars in debt for degree you may or may not be using. The education requirements for a technician job is absurd, a high school grad could do the job just fine AND benefit from the education program. The benefits are great and management is decent.

Workers should take care to not stay in one area for too long. A 'specialist' is a nice way to say pigeon holed and when you land there getting out become difficult.

Layoff occur at fairly regular intervals and who gets laid off is generally random. One time it was 'if you've been here for less than five years', another time was actually based on performance(rare), and still another time was 'if you've been here for 15+ years'.
Pros
Work/life balance, education reimbursement, good pay
Cons
Workers are pigeon holed, layoffs target good and bad performers
Fun, productive, challenging, and friendly place to work
Skylake Server PLL Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2018
Intel is a performance driven company that puts work life balance above work politics.

A typical day would start with a review of the current project at hand and the data analysis from the team. From there, actions would be created to continue improvement upon the current system. Any issues encountered would be met with individual as well as team efforts.

Management was super supportive and technically savvy. One didn't have to move away from management to get an idea on how to solve a problem.

With that, the culture of the company was outstanding. The people initiated friendships and camaraderie amongst each other.

The hardest part of the job was an outstanding issue that needed resolve beyond the capacity of the team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was solving any and all outstanding issues.
Pros
team building outings
Cons
work hours often included weekends.
Salaried Sweat Shop
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 17, 2018
Moved to Shift-X (Monday-Friday) Was more like Monday-Monday after last layoff.
With all the time at work and on-call activity, worked an average of 70 hours a week. Had to leave for personal issue (wife ready to leave me due to lack of time spent at home).
Spoke with GL (group leader) after working these hours for several months. Told to keep working, or leave. So, left...

Management shift since Samsung was catching up with Intel. Went from collaborative to confrontational environment. Everyone kept knowledge to themselves to look better at review (focal) time.
Pros
Free fruit, stock, benefits.
Cons
Work/Life balance not worth it.
Excellent, just not for me.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 13, 2018
Great company with competitive benefits. People are nice, however career advancement is a non starter without at least a masters degree to even move into low level management. That said a typical day is spent behind a computer for 12 hours. The hardest part of the job is the time away from family, especially on night shift, with no option to move shifts without doctors direction. Management is also hit and miss. The best part of the job is the people who work at Intel. For the most part they are a great community of folks from around the world with very few bad apples.
All in all: good money, long hours, great people
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 8, 2018
The management system is a different than what I had been exposed to prior to Intel. It was at times confusing but overall it always seemed like an invisible force guiding along. My peers were more flexible and open to conversation. There were a lot of former military service members employed there. The job culture rewards honesty and commitment. There is something to be said about the "work-life balance" as the long work hours allow for corporate work weeks to be split evenly between shifts so half the week is to working and the other half is to relaxing.
Pros
money, security, people
Cons
rigid mgmt, ex-military jobworks
Great environment to professionally challenge yourself and work with a diverse group of people
LAN, WLAN, RADIUS Product Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 24, 2018
Intel is an excellent place to challenge yourself and grow. The hardest thing about working at Intel is 100% owning your own career. If done right, you will have the opportunity to be innovative and have your career grow.

It is also an excellent place to work with some of the brightest people from around the globe producing products that everyone uses, even if they aren't aware of it.

The downside of Intel is that it will work you as much as you will allow. Rarely does management tell you, you've done enough, take time off. More often the case is people burning out and suffering in their health by not drawing the line on how much is enough.
Pros
Willing to innovate and take informed risks, 8 weeks paid time off for every 7 years of service in addition to regular vacation, On-site health services and fitness centers.
Cons
Tight travel & training policies make it hard on relationships and staying current on skills, Poor execution of work life balance values
Overall a good place to work
Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Intel has been a great company for me to work for overall. I enjoyed the work/life balance, the compensation and benefits are competitive, and the job culture is adequate. For the most part, I have had good experiences with management, with a few hiccups.
Pros
Free Fruit and Drinks, Free Gym, Bonuses 5 times a year, Stock Purchase Program, onsite services
Cons
slow to change big business culture
Team above everything!
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 4, 2018
There is so much cliches about team work and group mentality, but Intel is the only place where the team around you makes or breaks your career. Everything is approached as a team. Work well in a team, and this is the place for you. Even managers approach problems in a collective manner. Its fascinating at first and maybe even strange, but its refreshing and rewarding in the end.
Pros
The overall culture, benefits
Cons
campus or fabs not being accessible to the visitors.
Bad management culture and unbalanced review process
Sr. BIOS Engineer / Manager / Tech lead (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 16, 2018
In my 20 year career I got to experience many facets of the company. I was a low level programmer, SW and test architect, test infrastructure, Lab management, CPU validation enabling, and Server Chipset/CPU enabling.
As I climbed the ladder it became evident that the review process is not balanced and you can easily get on the wrong side of things. Constant re-organizations and shuffling people around can derail your career in a hurry with a single negative review. Tricky to navigate.
Diversity culture is taken to an extreme and if you are not diverse accepting you will face considerable pressure and probably be forced out.
Incompetence is promoted regularly and this is clearly seen in many of the VP's and upper management. Including mandatory attendance to useless meetings and bad money management. Budgets can be tight while millions are spend on useless consulting or contract agreements with external vendors.
Internal IT support is good, but also disproportionately awarded bonuses for things like 'rolling out new SW' vs. component design 'rolling out a new CPU'. The two things are not equal in any way.
Pay was great, but there was no work-life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 27, 2018
Intel is a successful company with a lot to offer in terms of benefits and perks, but the work-life balance is poor. Meetings take up most of the day and I often had to stay late in order to get tasks completed.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No work-life balance, cutthroat company culture, limited opportunities for advancement
Endemic corruption and politics
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 17, 2018
Intel fabs used to print money hand over fist. When the money flow slowed, the politics turned nasty. Previously, you'd find nepotism here and there, now you can find entire teams compromised of friends and wives of managers. Technical expertise has disappeared with multiple rounds of politicized layoffs, where senior technical staff was replaced by new grads and low cost geo.

You will hardly find a technical manager at Intel. The people with all the attention and visibility are always political operators and backstabbers. If you want to develop a technical career, stay far away from this corrupt dinosaur of a company whose relevant days are long past.
Pros
Cons
Corruption, nepotism, absurdly political focal process, continuous track record of failure at everything other than a rapidly disappearing cash cow
November 26, 2018

Productive with satisfying results
Systems Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 22, 2018
Typical day involves coding, validation, working with different teams to produce a test tape for HVM.
There are a lot of learning tools to broaden your knowledge.
Management is pushes for a trade off between quantity and quality.
Workplace culture is friendly, but with a paranoia for job security.
The most enjoyable part of the job is producing a quality test tape for manufacturing that produces high yielding results
Great Place to Work
First Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 13, 2018
Intel provides a competitive work environment while continuously placing ownership on each employee to self develop and advance. They offer a top of the line Management training program and constantly are looking for creative ways to help each employee balance work and life.
Pros
Great Benefits and Career advancement
Great team environment, low stress, highly recommended
Facilities Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 22, 2018
Everyone at Intel is very professional. I work there as an intern and nobody treats me like "just an intern", I felt my integration to the team was seamless. Benefits from day 1, work quality over work quantity is the focus, safety is paramount, and work/life balance is also prioritized. The advancement opportunities are endless. My manager is very professional but not a robot, he has a good personality and encourages everyone to have fun while they are at work. Easily the best work culture I have been a part of. Intel is flexible with school schedule also and encourage continuing education. I can't find one negative to say about the company.
Intel has gone down hill.
Technician / Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 7, 2018
Due to a competitive market, Intel has suffered in recent years. Huge growth in the past and slow going more recently let to people being let go for often silly reasons. A friend of mine with 25 years at Intel was let go due to a safety cert lapsing. A safety cert that he didn't use in his current job. He was a great employee too.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Shakey job security
December 10, 2018

Intel
Fab technician (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 22, 2018
Working at Intel as a technician will never make you rich. After working 18 years as a technician it's time for me to look for outside of Intel. Intel will certainly give you the needs to raise a family and live a comfortable life but not make you rich. You can get rich by investing and stuff but with the training you get from intel, you can use that experience and skill to find a more high paying job.
Pros
Organized
Cons
To much management do not know who the real workers are.
Intel is a lifestyle
Manufacturing/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR 97124November 21, 2018
Intel is a wonderful place to work. It is a culture, a way of life. You don't work at Intel, you live and breathe Intel. Like Google, or Microsoft. Intel has an incredible benefits package, and genuinely cares about all of its employees to the best of its ability as a worldwide corporation.
Pros
Wonderful culture, great place to work
Cons
Very demanding, work-life balance is hard, traffic sucks
Intel is a good Company but has a very punitive demenior.for their Technicians
Intel - Technical Project Manager, (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ & New MexicoNovember 15, 2018
Part of my early work was on shift, 6 PM to 6 AM. Later I was on a regular work week, if there such a thing. I mentioned their punitive work culture. I found the people/technicians I worked with and around were always afraid of making a mistake and being "walked out". This in my opinion greatly reduced their performance and job performance. It was disheartening to see.

If I gain an interview, I have examples if desirable.
Pros
Good benefits, good educational opportunities and charitable opps
Cons
As mentioned above and mgmt was callus and largely uninvolved
November 26, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.4K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

48%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

81%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss