Intel Employee Reviews

Found 2,965 reviews matching the search See all 3,902 reviews
Product Marketing Engineer
Product Marketing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 17, 2018
Great opportunity to work on substantial projects with real impact. Be prepared to encounter employees who are lifelong barnacles that know how to play the internal political game, even though they add no real value. Competition for advancement is fierce and the selection process can be hyper-political. It helps tremendously to know what your division is up to, what the products are, and what is happening with the industry overall. It's a great experience to work here, but don't expect it to last until retirement.
Pros
Substantive work, Company still has some prestige
Cons
Company being overrun by sociopaths, hyper-political environment
Great Place to Work if you are on the right team
System Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2018
I learned a lot about hardware and was forced to learn independently and at a fast rate. Management is mostly tech leads and can be a little rough around the edges for some team members. Howeever, a great opportunity to work on large scale global projects.
Mixed Bag
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 11, 2018
PROS:

Compressed work week = long vacations
Stock Purchase Program for employees
Lots of employee perks/benefits

CONS

The employee perks/benefits are the only reason many employees continue working here.
good company
Product Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, Oregon, USDecember 9, 2018
it was a great company. I enjoyed every second of it. I liked people team building activities where staff got to meet each other and build a relationship
Challenging work, decent opportunities to advance, rigid corporate structure
System Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Multnomah County, ORDecember 9, 2018
Intel had great benefits overall, and consistently provided opportunities to advance - both within the team and by moving to another group. The advantage of a huge company is that there are always interesting jobs, and internal applicants have a huge leg up
Intel is a great place to work!
SAP XI/PI Team Lead - Technical Team (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MADecember 8, 2018
Intel is a very pay for performance culture with emphasis on developing and promoting their internal people to assume and be successful in future/current positions. They are an incentive rewards company based merit and accomplishments. A proven strategy that is followed successfully.
Intel has gone down hill.
Technician / Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 7, 2018
Due to a competitive market, Intel has suffered in recent years. Huge growth in the past and slow going more recently let to people being let go for often silly reasons. A friend of mine with 25 years at Intel was let go due to a safety cert lapsing. A safety cert that he didn't use in his current job. He was a great employee too.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Shakey job security
Official response from Intel
December 10, 2018

Hello – In your post you raise some concerns about your time working at Intel. We take concerns of this nature seriously and we would like an opportunity to look into them. Please send any details that you are able to share to ethics.reporting@intel.com so that we can look into the issues you mention.

Team above everything!
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 4, 2018
There is so much cliches about team work and group mentality, but Intel is the only place where the team around you makes or breaks your career. Everything is approached as a team. Work well in a team, and this is the place for you. Even managers approach problems in a collective manner. Its fascinating at first and maybe even strange, but its refreshing and rewarding in the end.
Pros
The overall culture, benefits
Cons
campus or fabs not being accessible to the visitors.
Engineering Tech level 3 (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 3, 2018
Great place to work, opportunity for everybody who work hard. Great benefits and profit sharing, but lack of career advancement opportunity, lack of training opportunity
Pros
free fruits and drinks
Cons
little profit sharing and small raise
My Review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 1, 2018
Great job or career to have, great team, managers were nice and is a company that recognizes efforts of its employees. The best benefits and I would work at Intel again if the opportunity presents itself.
Good place to develop technical skills
Protocol & RF Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 30, 2018
- Hands on training
- Knowledgeable people
- Always encouraged to perform beyond your potential
- Room for growth
- There is possibility to navigate and relocate to other teams
Pros
Free drinks and fruits
Cons
Unrealistic expectations for workplace
Its a great place to both start your career and retire from.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 30, 2018
I was there for two years - the learning curve is about a year to get up to speed with all processes and functions - but its expected. They pretty much expect for you to make mistakes and learn from them - that is how you learn at Intel.
Pros
Fruit/drinks available all day (free), work remotely, quarterly bonuses, stocks
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming at times.
Great place to work with great people and a nice atmosphere
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 30, 2018
My work interactions were mostly contained to a small group and email correspondence with remote offices and customers. Large meetings were infrequent; meetings were usually a small group and mostly on an as-needed basis.
Management was "hands-off" with respect to getting the job done.
Workplace culture was warm and had a family feeling.
The commute was brutal and very taxing.
Working with my co-workers to resolve customer issues was the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cons
Commute
IQ Install Thin Films Electroplating.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 28, 2018
IQ Install Thin Films Electroplating. Installed the Novellus Saber Electroplating tool set. Prepared factory for the arrival of the Main Frame and prefac package. Docked the tool when it came to the factory. Guided the Main Frame to the datum along with the other accessories. I also installed the BTM tool set that changes the chemicals to the tool, depending on layer of wafer. I assisted in Equipment Upgrade for EPN Saber. The task consists of installing anodes and membrane, to the fingerprint of each functional component, to the Qualifying of the tool.
I was assigned to assist in the installation of the CSB (Copper Seed Barrier) tool set. After my training the team focused on installing CSB in F32. We reviewed the package from routing to IFC (Issued for Construction). After F12 was finished we concentrated on building F32 and installed CSB/SPU tool sets.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
n/a
Competitive and Challenging
Sr. Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WANovember 28, 2018
Great place to work that challenges your creativity and problem solving skills. Opportunity for advancement for those who demonstrate leadership and integrity.
Cool place
Database Developer/DBA/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 27, 2018
Fun place, lively people. Great project and enjoyed the flexibility. Overall great experience even though it was for a short time. Great manager and people I worked with.
Pay was great, but there was no work-life balance
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 27, 2018
Intel is a successful company with a lot to offer in terms of benefits and perks, but the work-life balance is poor. Meetings take up most of the day and I often had to stay late in order to get tasks completed.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No work-life balance, cutthroat company culture, limited opportunities for advancement
Great benefits
Strategic Planner (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 27, 2018
Intel has great wages and benefits. Working experience varies greatly depending on which business unit you work in. The company re-organizes every year or two, which creates chaos. Layoffs happen routinely every several years.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Bureaucracy
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMNovember 27, 2018
I had an amazing 18 years at Intel. I survived through the 4th lay off and it was then that they paid for me to go back to school to get my second degree in health care administration. I'm truly appreciative for that opportunity.
ATTD is the place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 26, 2018
I like the people and the work!
The days off are nice.
The café food is great.
My Manager is cool.
Intel hires intelligent blue badges.
To many green badges that have no people skills.
Pros
Days Off
Cons
To many green badges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.4K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Intel.

Powered by Comparably