Play YouTube video button

Intel Employee Reviews

United States3,819 reviews
Found 3,819 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Intel selected this as a representative review
Those who successfully land a job with Intel would agree. This isn't just a job, it's a career. They take pride in how they care for their employees. Their driving culture: Everyone goes home the same way they came to work. It's a manufacturing company but innovation is a compelling force for them to move forward. Management encourages employees at the technician level to continue their education so they can one day become engineers. Even the engineers will give on job training to technicians to increase the scope of work they can perform. On top of that, coworkers can recognize one another, even the engineers and managers can recognize technicians at any given moment. with the recognition comes monetary bonuses. A benefit seldom heard of. Hands down, this is an incredible place to work.
I was only applying online. Stop asking.It doesn't help to keep asking. You constantly asking makes me not want to work there. I need you to stop asking me.
Intel is more concerned about the feelings of their female coworkers than following procedures and verifying the validity of the claims. Management is told to just discipline and they do not do conflict resolution. Otherwise, it was a rewarding opportunity and I felt great joy and sense of belonging until I encountered a female coworker that betrayed me and retaliated against me for reporting her violations. I was also told by my manager to do more work when I was already only getting .5-1h of break for a 12.5h shift.
Leadership was always encouraging and making efforts to develop individuals.
Provided lots of opportunity and different areas. Spent Significant amounts of time And money training their employees.
Great opportunity to learn from an industry-leading employer. Especially in regards to DevOps and Business Operations Management. Very smart co-workers, great place to work because everyday was different, every interaction is purposeful.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Hardest part of the job is to keep a remote organization motivated and executing with efficiency, velocity, agility and deliver to customer with high quality.
Intel was a fun place to work, but they didnt pay well, and it was much to hard to get a decent raise too. Other than that the amount of stock given to hourly SNE employees was a joke. You couldnt retire off of the stock unless you were salary and started with 2k shares, we got 300 over 5 years. Not right in my book.
Most of talented engineers have long left the company. No more innovation or investing in the future. Tough competition with Microsoft who provide free comprehensive anti-malware protection that exceeds by far protection offered by McAfee.
Competitive work culture with cutting edge new technology. Daily work is more of a competition with one-self of yesterday. Work life balance was moderate.
Need to understand that you continue to keep with your job. You are rank between your peers. Try not to stay at the bottom tier or you will not survive in this company.
This was rented pace in disconnected building 1 mile away from the 2 main Intel buildings. It had a separate set of its own management and processes.
There were a lot of safety problems and management issues, both because of selecting wrong priorities and because of choosing self interest over employee or company interests:

- on the very first day one a manager of another team brings me a free sandwich [left over from another company's meeting]. The next 3 weeks she keeps glorifying this room she has for rent and trying to rent it to me for double the price. She also pretends she has good connection to all the big guys, she can introduce me to important guys, and such. I had to clarify my disinterest much clearer than a simple No to communicate it is final!

- There was 6 hours safety instructions including video, reading materials, tests. They included instructions such as do not lean back hard on the chairs, they might flip! and still they were grossly mismanaging the safety! Right after instructions ended they sent me to get my laptop from the other building and insisted instead of walking I ride one of their visibly missing break googly bikes, riding through a tiny 3 feet path with up and downs, majority of it next to a river on one side and 15ft 70 degree free fall to the bottom of the river. I had to carry the laptop and the bike both.

- They gave me a non-standard table 36" high. I never had any problems before or after this job, but at this job I felt uncomfortable with the desk the very first day. They did actually ask me if my desk was ok with me, and I said
 - more...
I saw the end coming. I took what they said about inclusion seriously, I just did not see that I was not included until it was too late. I wish I would have been more vocal of the hazardous/dangerous safety infractions instead of trying to protect coworkers. In the end, it cost me.
I felt as though they truly cared about their employees. However, we were often short staffed which would put strain on the workload. But, managers usually heard our concerns and did what they could to help.
Always working under tight schedule with a lot of pressure of delivering results. A great place to learn and advance, assuming you can survive the competition among peers. Compensation is average compares to other high tech companies. However, you can always find another job with the Intel experience you gained.
Love the work experience for the Community services

Amazing peoples

Great benefits

Awesome Facility

Always balance work and family

Great management

Great cultured work place
Pros
Feels great to work there
Cons
This is a great company to work, as long as your job position matches your interests and experiences. I highly recommend working here for those who have a chemistry, material, and other relevant backgrounds.
1. Used to start off my productive day with a cup of hot Starbucks.
2. Learned about time management skills.

3. Fun filled workplace.

4. Got a chance to work directly with principal engineers.

5. Got a chance to attend socio-cultural events every month.
You will grow personally as well as professionally. Learning is a constant, change is unquestionable, 'never' is not a concept. You will be challenged.
huge redundant workforce, no promotion, no customer. hire too many people and people mostly work half days. layoffs too frequent, no resources to learn
One of the greatest technology companies in the world and a full closet of political challenges. Competitive to the extreme with fierce intra-team rivalry at the worst and subtle danger for the unaware at the best. However, if you keep on your toes and love to win, this is a great place for you. Work with the best engineers in the business world and expect to be challenged. But, don't expect to make it on your patent submissions and Division Recognition Awards alone.
Intel is historically a great company, however, it favors heavily white and Asian males. There are a handful of women executives and under represented minorities are almost non-existent in the executive ranks. Most women who want to rise in this company leave out of frustration.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2K
1.9K
Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

82%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.