Intel

Intel insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things

Productive, uplifting, encouraging, excellent place to work.

Featured review

Intel selected this as a representative review
Intel in my opinion is the best place to work. They have outstanding benefits. Everyone is very positive. Management I've heard is hit or miss but better nowadays. I lucked out and have the best manager ever. The culture in a social environment recently changed due to social distancing. But in a training/1on1 scenario people will train the person how they learn. 10/10.

Pros

3-4 days off per week, Friendly community, Career growth opportunities, Health care, cafes, gyms, game rooms.

Cons

Long days

Those that work for Intel have Job Security

Over the past couple of years Intel has taken on a few changes. My job went from working in a cleanroom to working at a desk. I've been up for promotion for 2 years and have yet to receive one even though I have great marks.

Intel was my favorite place to work

Most managers were absolutely amazing! They cared about your well being and tried to work out issues asap. Loved going to the company meetings to find out where the company stood, they didn't hide much.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

12 hour shifts

All good!

Truly a great place to work. That all folks!People feel they can get support and encouragement from colleagues at workpeople feel happy at work most of the time

Great place to work!

I always felt happy working at Intel. The environment is highly employee centric. Fun positive environment depending on which team you work for. Very little room for advancement due to highly technical nature of jobs.

Pros

Cafeteria

Cons

Advancement

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Most advanced technology

I have 30+ years of experience in aerospace and semiconductor industry. I worked at Intel for 6 years and worked on the most advanced technology. I learned so many valuable and intricate Failure Analysis techniques not known in the industry within the first 6 months of my employment. My team was the best in communication and working together. If I would of known a fraction of the techniques 15 years ago, I would of been able to run circles around any Failure Analysis laboratory personnel at any of my previous employers. I am very grateful for having this knowledge and skills set. It truly opens doors once others know you have worked here. It also benefits me greatly in my current position.

Pros

Great benefits, work with some of the smartest individuals in the industry, Valuable skills not obtained in Universities

Cons

A bit stressful, long hours

If youre good at politics, play the game. If not, work hard and try not to stand out for the wrong reasons.

Overall I've been with the Company for over 17 years. I never played politics and always come to work eager to learn, have a voice in order to stand out. Take classes and don't hesitant to volunteer doing projects.

Pros

Always room to grow in the field

Cons

Dont play politics, if youre not a pro at doing so.

Exceptional company - invested in its workflrce

I have worked as a fulltime employee for 4 yrs now and worked for 2 as a contingent worker. The entire time I have worked her, I have enjoyed and benefited from being surrounded by some of the most brilliant engineers and managers I have ever met. It astounds me to watch how a group will pull closer in the face of a large task. Currently, during Covid, a lot of things are on pause and will return at a later time - Intel has placed safety at the core of everything so there is always an err on the side of conservative safety and this includes virus mitigation. I am VERY proud to work here, even moreso after seeing how they responded to this virus.

Pros

Higher pay in my field, job security, benefits, growing company in high-demand industry. Fortune 50

Cons

Fair number of EXTREMELY entitled people who think they are irreplaceable

Excellent work place, good co workers.

I am ready to work at Intel for hole life, but they closed Hudson facility and moved to Arizona. Everyone was ready always to help any coworkers. Company was always taking care for safety.

Pros

Free lunch every quarter.

Was a great company, now its future is uncertain.

Great work-life balance. Management is good in some groups, poor in others. Lots of different types of jobs but a lot depends on who you know or how well you're liked by management. They're trying hard to reclaim technology leadership but it will be a difficult and uncertain next few years. Compensation is good but since stock price has gone nowhere in 20 years, any stock-based compensation lags vs. other high-tech companies.

Pros

Work-life balance, ability to WFH during pandemic.

Cons

Stock compensation, uncertain future

Jobs at Intel

See more jobs

Never ever work here...The worst

If you like working 60 hour weeks and being stressed out all the time. It was horrible, the worst managers and leaders ever. Pretty traumatizing. I absolutely hated this place.

Pros

I left

Cons

Being hired here

Amazing benefits, very stressful, physically and mentally draining

-A typical day at work: Work in a busy cleanroom repairing robots, ensuring product moves through the factory-What you learned: troubleshooting skills-Management: Direct management can be great, but upper leadership has their own directives that do not account for the technicians-Workplace culture: Diversity is great. Morale is low.-The hardest part of the job: The job burns from both ends. It's both mentally and physically exhausting. Each day leaves you with nothing left in the tank, and it takes the whole weekend just to recover from the stress.-The most enjoyable part of the job: The benefits/compensation are hard to walk away from

Pros

free snacks, free drinks, safety is key

Cons

Stressful, company direction is fickle

Lots of work but lots of learning

Good place to learn a lot, but also need to work hard. Fast paced, great coworkers, and friendly environment. Work life balance can be tough when dealing with teams across the world.

Very underwhelmed.

Intels company culture is stuck in the past. Poor org structure leaving employees overworked and burnt out. Technical support is an absolute nightmare they must pay those people $2/day. The work seems more concerned movement rather than progression. Things can stay the same for years on years with employees doing manual processes instead of optimizing.

Pros

Okay inclusion, decent pay, opportunity to rotate

Cons

Poor work life balance culture

Fine place to work, pay is below industry

Intel is a fine place to work, they have good benefits and reasonable expectations, as long as your not in TD, avoid TD jobs like the plague. Pay is well be low industry average in almost every role.

Pros

Good benefits, work life balance

Cons

compensation

Decent company

Good top management. Challenging projects. Learnings are new between projects. Understaffed on lot of projects. Workplace is inclusive, welcoming and plenty of tracks to learn from. Most enjoyable part of the job is having an impact on the product development with interesting learnings.

Pros

Gptw, Wlb, healthcare, career advancement

Cons

average pay

Company that really put Safety and Quality first.

The company has a strong engineering team along with a good upper management support system. Their moto is to not over process. On your days off they do not want you do anything company related to promote work life balance.

Pros

All drinks are free while at work

Cons

No site in Texas

A good career

Stressful and demanding, but the great pay and benefits, including sabbatical every seven years, made it seem worth it. Great people and mostly great managers.

You leave worse off than you arrived

Intel is a high pay company with 2 major flaws. 1) They overwork employees in a toxic culture leading to high stress and burnout 2) You become unemployable after 10+ years. They use legacy and proprietary tech + old-school marketing techniques. So good luck getting another job and your CRM, CMS, digital marketing and other systems are irrelevant.

Pros

Bonus structure and RSUs

Cons

Mental health, people who come for money not technology or to change the world for the better

Highly intensive and new opportunities to learn new things. Management is always looking to advance their employees. Intel takes care of their employees as well.

Great work life balance

Good benefits.Great work life balance. Stocks.ESPP.RSU.work from home.Management sucks.AMD will takeover Intel.Nvidia is passing Intel so confidence in company is low.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

pay is not the highest

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K
2K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Intel with

• Intel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?