Intel Employee Reviews

Found 3,084 reviews matching the search See all 4,105 reviews
Productive and fun too
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 18, 2019
* Productive, 8 hours a day.
* Efficient
* Good Teamwork
Learned some of new technologies
* Healthy life style with gymn, classes etc.
* Perks at work too.
Intel
Sr. Workday Integration Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 18, 2019
Worked on Intel Workday implementation project through Deoitte Consulting LLC US. During implementation, I have got a lot of opportunities to learn .
27 Year Career
Thunderbolt(TM) Events Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 18, 2019
Intel was a great place to work. I was involved in many different types of job roles as well as working for many different business units. I worked on many very interesting teams/projects.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Issues with mid-level management
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 15, 2019
Intel was a great company. By being so BIG you can lose the finer things along the way. Intel forgot their tech's was the heartbeat of their company. Which is now they are looking to ramp up again and I was contacted but not interested. looking for something different.

I don't have any bad things to say about Intel, I fed my family and put my girls through school. It was good, but time to go explore new opportunities.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Management were goal oriented.
This will depend on the group
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 15, 2019
This will depend on the group can be great or bad, it can be an engaging work place but a there is also many re-organizations of groups at times, sometimes management don't make the best decisions
Intel is a brilliant company where you learn a lot and network constantly
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2019
-Hours are set but flex with not overtime.
-Continued education is through coworkers on-site, a fun gamified website called Retail Edge, and constant reports, conference calls, and email/ video communications.
-Management is wonderful, human, great communicator and a lot of support for my role.
-Workplace culture is business casual, black and white colors, cleanly groomed, enjoyable, educational and interactive.
-Hardest parts are constant information updates on the industry and hardware, but we are prepared very well. I would add that even though this is not a full-time position, it is a career job, a great role to be invested in if you love hardware and talking about anything to do with computers.
-Most enjoyable part of this job is staying up-to-date with the industry and working with a company that everyone should be proud to work for. And the people are sharp and outgoing.
Pros
short hours, awesome coworkers, continued education, wonderful managers, . great communication
Cons
short hours, minimum benefits, stagnant pay
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 14, 2019
When you work for a company, you should know that your employer is investing in you and that it is doing work you can be proud of. That's why Intel want to help you grow and make a positive impact on the world. Discover how you could be making a difference at Intel.
A good place to work for people who like solve problems
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 14, 2019
Cutting edge technology development always accompanies with challenges and unknowns, but this place provides a great opportunity for people to learn new knowledge every single day. I enjoy working with a group of people who are committed to solve problems in order to finish the tasks. I also enjoy learning ne
A Meh place to work as a contrator
Network Software Evaluation Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 13, 2019
As a contractor, you get pretty much what you came in for, nothing more, nothing less...a lot less room for career advancement these days than there used to be
Pros
You get to work with cool people
Cons
Not much opportunity for career advancement if you're contracting
Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 12, 2019
Regulations and meetings could be a bit burdensome but a great corporate culture, management staff and friendly people. I would work there again in a heartbeat. Sadly I had to relocate unexpectedly.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
Meetings and things a bit burdensome
Great Company to work for!
Executive Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 11, 2019
I loved my career at Intel Corporation. I made several job transitions over the years and loved all of them.

This company expects you to perform your job duties and holds you accountable. They also reward their employees generously! I felt completely balanced with hard work and hard play!
Pros
everything!
Cons
nothing!
Great Benefits
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 11, 2019
Great healthcare, sabbatical, onsite gym and wellness team.
Collaborative workspaces.
Enjoyed working with cross-functional teams.
Fun events/parties.
Pros
Monetary reward/recognition by peers and management
working at intel
Maintenance Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Santa clara, CAMarch 11, 2019
It is one of the best jobs I came to loved, sad part I got layoff, due to the company in Santa Clara was shutting their doors, reason being it was not to profitable compare to the companies else where.
Productinve and fun place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAMarch 11, 2019
worked 12 hours day. 3 days on, 3 days off. The following week, 4 days on, 4 days off. Great benefits, and staff. Worked as a contractor. Would still be there if they didn't close
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Long work days
Great
Manufacturing Technician, Defect Metrology (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAMarch 10, 2019
Loved working at Intel if they didnt close their Hudson Fab would still be there. Great creative culture awesome people, Management was always willing to help
Long hours, a lot of manual work and the systems are not robust.
Software Systems Developer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 9, 2019
A typical work week is minimally 80 hours. What I have learned that is valuable in the market place was done solely and independently by myself. The work place culture is poor, workers typically divide up by country of origin. Workers from the same country typically help each other and support each other a lot, but when it comes to workers from another country they are reluctant to help and support, this is the hardest part of the job. Most PhDed workers and managers are not from the United States.The most enjoyable part of the job is developing new solutions yourself.
Pros
There is a lot to figure out and solve yourself
Cons
Long work hours and very poor work-life balance
Worked on most cutting edge technologies
CAPABILITY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 8, 2019
Always worked around the demanding technologies
Learned lot of architecture details
Management is slow and not aggressive
Work culture is good and bad, some people share some beat around the bush
Help issues without practicing development
Having fun eating free fruits and lot of knowledge sharing sessions
Pros
free fruits, free gym classes
Cons
little salary hikes, no give aways
Not much work life balance
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2019
Not much work life balance. 12+ hours typical work day.
Quarterly events are fun but most of the time engineers will be working and won't be able to enjoy them.
Intel pays well, and it makes sure it gets its money's worth.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 6, 2019
Working in the fab is a fairly unique experience, even aside from the obvious differences (i.e. wearing a bunny suit at work). Intel pays well, and the benefits are second-to-none. That said, they require employees who can:

1. Handle priorities that change constantly.
2. Juggle multiple issues simultaneously
3. Operate safely in a workplace with many potential dangers if handled inappropriately, and
4. Pay constant attention to detail.

If this sounds like something you are able to handle, and are OK with a compressed work week (12.5 hour days, 3-4 days a week), then working in the fab might be right for you.
Pros
benefits, pay, 3 or 4 day weekends every week
Cons
high stress, 12.5 hour days, constantly changing expectations
great place to work
Equipment Technician/Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 6, 2019
Intel's motto is "great place to work". and I agree. it can be a little stressful but there are many benefits to working at intel. many small extras save money so it is like having mini bonuses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.5K

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight