IntelliChoice Home Care Employee Reviews

Intellichoice
LPN (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NC 28590May 4, 2018
This job is great for the person looking to supplement employment. However, if it is your only means of finance, don't think about taking a vacation or getting sick because its No Work, No Pay. This job doesn't offer vacation time nor sick time as other home care agencies do.
Pros
Weekly salary
Good cases with sufficient hours. Overall a good place to work.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 30, 2018
Good cases with sufficient hours. Pediatric and adult cases. Overall a good place to work from this standpoint. However, compensation is low for experienced nurses. Benifits are lacking and no up front mileage compensation, even when it is an hour or more one way to case. From what I've seen, upper management are dedicated to providing good care to patient's and families and are interested in satisfaction of staff, growth and improvement.
Pros
Opportunity for working independently. One on one care in the private home setting.
Cons
Compensation is below average for experienced nurses.
Great co-workers, plenty of clients, too much change
RN (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMarch 14, 2018
I enjoy working for this company in the beginning. Their was a lot of cases to choose from and close to home. I worked with several patients and enjoyed the experience of providing professional care to them. I left because management changed. No longer were they giving the field staff the support they did in the beginning and question went days before they got returned, if they got returned. Last couple month I was there I didn’t feel valued as an employee. That’s not what nursing is supposed to be about. There are no incentive, no recognition for going over & beyond, nothing. Also, no pay raise unless you can justify why you deserve it. It’s disheartening when loyalty means nothing & you are easily replaced with a new nurse out of school cause they can pay them less. Management has changed. They are the same people but their overall demeanor is not what it was the day you interview. Promises are made but not followed through. My personal observation Intellichoice is trying to expand too quickly & don’t habe the nursing coverage leaving families frustrated with gaps & holes in schedules. But, Intellichoice is a FOR-Profit company whereas some other nursing agencies are not & it shows in how employees are treated, benefits, & the drama & politics that occur within.
Pros
A lot of cases to choose from
Cons
management
Great home health organization
LPN - PRN (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 19, 2018
Amazing staff that will work with you. Very dedicated team. Lack of good benefits, but great pay. Would recommend this company if you are interested in home health.
Flexible with top pay
LPN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 6, 2018
Office staff changes frequently, but most have been a pleasure to work with. Health benefits are minimal, expensive, and not offered to family. Great pay, but there is no paid time off or vacation accrued.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No paid time off, limited health insurance
LPN (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 23, 2017
The office staff is caring and will answer any questions asked. If they don't know,they will find it. It's great to have staff Respiratory Therapists available and on call for questions. It helps with all the ventilator and trach patient. You don't have to depend on the equipment companies. Overall it's a great place to work.
Cons
Long drive between clients
Flexible with competitive wages
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCAugust 20, 2017
Flexible with competitive wages. Full time clients offer stability of work hours but if that fails through or your client is hospitalized then you are in trouble and asked to drive long distances.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Stability of hours
Great staff
LPN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 7, 2017
Love working for intellichoice. Staff is awesome!! Management actually care about staff as well as clients. One of the best agencies I work for as a nurse!!
Pros
One on one care, great support from managment
Cons
Employee-friendly workplace with EVERYONE's best interest at heart
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 31, 2016
If you've never worked with a loyal, rewarding company, you've never worked with Intellichoice. It's a culture all in its own; the staff and patients hold equal ground. The concept is very simple. If you take care of the nurses, they will take care of the patients. If we take care of the patients, everybody wins! Every employee here looks forward to coming to work every day. We have the resources and autonomy to do whatever the patients need. This in turn provides the nursing staff to provide out-of-this-world care not only for the patients, but for themselves and their families also. I will retire with Intellichoice!
Pros
Loyal employer, very flexible, awesome client feedback
Cons
I'm not sure there are any.
Great company to work for
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 27, 2016
A great place to work! The office personnel is always very accommodating. The hours are flexible and they will try their best to find the right case for you, even though you will have to keep up with them (or keep reminding them). It's the best he health agency I've worked for
Pros
Will accommodate your schedule. Pay slightly better than most agencies.
Cons
As with most agencies, there are never any raises.
Flexibility
LPN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 26, 2016
Great company to work for & with great feedback. The flexibility is awesome. Wouldn't have it any other way. Professional one on one nursing
Pros
flexibility
It's not work if you love what you do...
Nurse (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 25, 2016
This is an awesome place to work (NOT an exaggeration). The rate of pay, the flexibility of the schedule, amazing referral bonuses, online as well as on-site training, the availability of shifts... best in the business. I've worked for other agencies so I DO have something to compare them to. And the staff are all super friendly, too. Definitely a must if you're looking for work and love being a nurse.
Best job ever!!
LPN Private Duty (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 25, 2016
I have worked a lot of places but this is the best job I have had as a nurse! Pay is awesome office staff so supportive and understanding! I love my job!!
Pros
Competitive pay! Great teamwork
Cons
Dealing with difficult personalities of the people of the home
Work Place
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2016
I really enjoy coming to work everyday and knowing that we make a difference in our communities. The company really cares about it's employees and the patients that we provide service for. I feel like this company is going above and beyond to prove they can do things a little better than our competition.
Pros
Flexibility, advancement, salary
Benefits
Great place to work!
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  WintervilleOctober 25, 2016
Small company doing good things and growing fast. Everything we do is about helping people live fuller, happier lives. Fun, fast paced environment. Supportive management. Professional team, always ready to help.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Company Designed to Help Others
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2016
Being a part of this company has shown me a lot from where it started to where it's currently at. Many goals have been put in to place and the company will strive to reach them in the future.

Staff always willing to help lend a hand and easily accessible if an issue arises.
Pros
Caring, Passionate, Trustworthy
Cons
No guaranteed shifts due to hospitalizations/family preference
Great place! Great people! Great clients!
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 25, 2016
Work well with life schedule! Understanding and helpful schedulers! Wonderful people to work with and for! Great office staff!
Pros
Set your own days/nights!
Cons
None!
Creates Win / Win for Everyone
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 25, 2016
IntelliChoice works to create win / win situations for everyone, from patients to nurses to management. Teamwork is key for everyone involved. Everyone works together to reach a common goal and realizes how important each member is in the process.
Fantastic Company to work for
Nurse Recruiter (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 25, 2016
Intellichoice Home Care is a fantastic company to work for! There is an extremely positive culture with hard working individuals who are striving to make a difference in the nurses, patients, and internal employees lives. As soon as I started working for intellichoice I felt like a valued member of the team!
Pros
The opportunity to grow is limitless.
Cons
Smaller company, therefore, still building structure and organization in certain parts of the office.
Best career decision ever!
Clinical Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 25, 2016
Intellichoice is an amazing company to work for! The owner truly has the patient's best interests at heart! I brag to all of my family and friends about how awesome of a boss that I have now!!
Pros
Down to earth boss
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IntelliChoice Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight