Intelligent Waves Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Work Place
Senior Role Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAApril 5, 2018
Intelligent Waves as a good company to work for. It had a good mission statement and each position was filled with experienced professionals with various backgrounds.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Pay did not equal with cost of living in the DC Metro area
Interisting but limited
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 13, 2018
The position gives you opportunities, but the leadership tries to buils service that are not requested or desired. The belief that the customer will come.
Great company with outstanding goals.
Senior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2017
This is a great company to work for that gives all employees an excellent benefits package. Love the goals of making sure the mission comes first. I would love to work for this company again if the chance ever presents itself in the future.
Senior Role Player
Senior Role Player,MRX Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 9, 2016
I provide subject matter expertise (SME) to rotational training units creating exercise realism in training and "real world" environments. I develop scripted meetings and working groups to facilitate realistic training in support of the validation of deploying Information Operations Field Support Teams. In order to develop the realistic training I conduct extensive research on tactics, techniques and procedures of the unit they'll be deploying to. I continue to learn about implementing Information Operations into the Operational Environment. The company I work for is great and I've been blessed with great co-workers. I enjoy what I do but the challenge is getting the information required to build the scenario. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you've helped prepare Soldiers for a deployment. This is a great company.
Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business - says it all
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 14, 2015
Intelligent Waves is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. Our Mission statement speaks volumes. "Since 2006, Intelligent Waves LLC has been providing information technology (IT) and communications support to a wide variety of U.S. government customers. Our boots on the ground experience—along with our technical expertise—enables us to identify, document, and develop mission-critical IT and communications solutions."

Today, the corporate world has so many challenges to meet and only the best of dedication and sincerity in all the team members can help it to achieve its goals.

Intelligent Waves Leadership team has blended the Military Ethos into the corporate world to achieve the overall success of their dedication, mission and total commitment to the employees and the future growth of the company.

Pros
Team environment, Driven, dedicated, family oriented
avoid- this is not 5 stars , not even 4
former employee (Former Employee) –  Reston,VAOctober 1, 2015
Oppressive and avoid it. Management thinks they are still in he military and try to run it like that. High turnover. High stress. Abusive....
Pros
nice snacks, nice office
Cons
militaristic mentality
Great Place to Work
Controller (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 17, 2015
IW is a small, high quality government contractor, with a great culture/work environment. Everyone seems to enjoy it here. It's easy to get involved and contribute to building something great. The benefits are solid - especially the health care plan.
Awesome Place to Work
System Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 17, 2015
I have been working for Intelligent Waves for 6 years now. I have worked for other IT firms in the healthcare and intelligence community and I can honestly say that Intelligent Waves is the best hands down! I have never worked for a company that makes you feel like family! I've met and learned from the most talented co-workers in the industry. I have been on complicated, and challenging projects and received unlimited support from management. Intelligent Waves should be the standard for how companies treat their employees. Period!
Pros
Awesome Management
An enjoyable and mutually rewarding company that values employees at all levels
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 7, 2015
It is rare that your work is an enjoyable part of your life. That is what the environment is like at Intelligent Waves.
Whilst you are constantly challenged to become the best you can be in your chosen career field , you enjoy the journey, the assignments because everyone is there to work with you.
Innovation in my line of work is important as well as a need to maintain employee morale and employee engagement. The management team is extremely supportive in these areas. Opportunities of learning and growth are available for all employees.
Pros
Healthcare, Salary, Work environment
Great Place to work
Storage and Virtualization Architect (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 16, 2012
You can be whatever you set your mind to be. It's a family oriented small business with great values. I am very disappointed I had to leave.
benefits