Intelliloan Employee Reviews

Poor Lead Quality - 100% Commission
MortgageSpecialist II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I'm employed as a Mortgage Specialist II in the newly launched Irving, TX office of IntelliLoan. I was excited to work for the new branch until I learned that there is no paid time off, extremely low-quality lead sources provided, very little sick time accrued and that Sales is required to work 362 days a year. That's right, they're open on most national holidays and only pay straight time on holidays worked. And they will require you to work 7 days in a row whenever they see fit to change the schedule. Lead Quality is extremely poor. The last straw for me may be the fact that the hourly pay is a draw against commissions earned, so basically the job is 100% commission. The rub is that they don't disclose any of this upfront in the offer letter. Crooked and disorganized Sr. Management - from Owner to Sr. VPs. HR is Guilty of Omission.
Pros
Plenty of loud music, energetic sales management
Cons
Extremely poor lead quality, terrible healthcare benefits
Awesome environment with friendly co-workers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2018
Workload is not difficult and everyone is so fun to work with! Management works very hard to keep things flowing and are willing to help out CSRs any way they can. There are extra ways to earn cash daily through friendly competitions! There are lots of opportunities to work overtime. It's nice that we have casual wear days, so you don't have to dress business professionally all the time. The only downside is speaking with rude customers every once in awhile (as with any other customer service job).
Pros
Casual Fridays, Cash Incentives
Cons
Speaking with rude customers
Work hard and get rewarded
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2018
I've been with the company for a few years now and I feel as though everything (management, culture, expectations) have been consistent, honest, and most of all enjoyable. I like the fact that because it is a smaller company, we all have a family atmosphere. You really get what you put into your role here in terms of reward, monetarily and personally. I come to work excited every day and I feel like that is the true meaning of work satisfaction, the money is just a bonus. Working hard with this company has definitely been extremely rewarding and I would definitely refer the company to family and friends.
Pros
Snacks, Fun culture, Work events, Compensation, Great management
young management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 6, 2018
learned a lot here. was let go for the most ridiculous reason. i was a top performer but had issues with my length of breaks. pay was decent and atmosphere was fake as could be
Good place to start
Junior Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 10, 2018
Started as a Junior Mortgage Banker entry level and was given full training on how to pass the NMLS Test, Daily sales training/feedback requires thick skin but prepares for over the phone sales. Very competitive pay rate for what the position entails, a lot of room for growth, great place to start and learn the business.
Pros
Tons of Overtime!
Cons
Music throughout the day remains the same station
Great opportunity if you're willing to put the work in
Junior Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 8, 2018
A lot of room for growth. As long as you have the worth ethic, they will give you all the tools to succeed. The training is great for entry level people. A real family atmosphere, which makes it easy to get up and come to work in the morning. Management always go the extra mile and do their utmost to accommodate all employees. Fantastic rewards and fun bonus incentives.
Pros
Great pay for entry level, cash incentives, casual Fridays, company events
Cons
In an office all day
Small amount of employees
Sr. Processor/Closing Processor II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 4, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work at this company, but i would beware of promises that were made, they are most likely going to be lost in the process.
Pros
lunch catered occasionally
Cons
management, drama, jealousness, unkept promises
Relaxed, yet productive
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 14, 2017
A typical day at work included calling out and inbound leads, taking full apps, structuing the loan and submitting the app to manager for review.

I mainly learned systems (Encompass and Velocify)

Management works hard, and as a result does not make enough time for employees at times.

Culture is very relaxed for the mortgage industry.

Hardest part of the job is getting fast and efficient with systems to streamline the amount calls and apps you can take.

Most enjoyable part is helping people save money and their homes.
Pros
Free meals weekends. Random Picnics and BBQs on Fridays
Cons
Relatively small company.. not much room for movement or growth
Fun place to work at where you can make a lot of money
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 20, 2017
I've been working here for almost 2 years now. The managers are great and don't micro manage. They really are there to help! There's good leads coming in and a great culture. Everyone here is super nice and friendly. In this profession, work/life balance is sometimes difficult but here it's not! They offer benefits that even include a 401K plan where they match your percentage.
Pros
Casual Fridays, good culture
Cons
Wish we could dress casually all the time
Operations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2016
I have been working at Intelliloan for under a year. This is the best place to work. Everyone here is friendly, the management is always open to new ideas.
Pros
Free snacks, friendly envoronment
not up to the times
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2013
Great place for novices to work! The opposite for seasoned staff
Pros
management is cool
Cons
poor business model & overall inexperienced slow loan processing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelliloan. Our community is ready to answer.

Intelliloan Reviews by Location