Intelliloan Employee Reviews

Home Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Great place to learn and thrive. The managers are always there for you and help you understand the industry. Passing the NMLS exam is an easy process when you are surrounded with peers who have the same goals. Definitely recommend to start here!
Great place to learn the business and advance in your career
Home Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Intelliloan provides a fast pace work environment that has allowed me to advance in my career and learn the ins and outs of the business. It is a smaller company and everyone is friendly and knows each other. Expectations are clear and consistent and the managers and CEO genuinely want you to succeed. I feel my manager has my best interest in mind which is a huge plus for me. A lot of time and effort is put into the training program and allows you to learn and engage with all different departments to understand the business as a whole. If you work hard and stay focused you are given all the tools and training needed to succeed.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, snack wall, overtime, casual fridays
Cons
no music in office
Best opportunity to earn a good income, and feel accomplished
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Over 25 years in business speaks volumes. I have been in the industry for over 15 years and even the largest companies I worked for shut down on a random day. I have peace of mind here knowing we are helping people that need the most help. It is simple as how many people I can help.

Working hard can only get you so far in many other companies. It is hard to overcome being the new loan officer competing with loan with seniority at most of places especially in Irvine. You can truly succeed from day one with a strong work ethic. Many customer service representatives have been employee of the month after their first month.

You can only be as successful as your TEAM from your manager, processing and underwriting. We find a way to help as many people in an ever changing market place with constant change to guidelines etc. YOU CAN CLOSE almost anyone here...
Pros
Plenty of leads to call and underwriting flexiblty to close loans.
Cons
I hate wearing a tie.
Great Program to Start a Career!
Home Loan Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Intelliloan has a great training program for entry level home loan specialists! You don't need to know anything about mortgages because the managers will teach you everything you need to know and their training program will guide you to becoming a licensed mortgage specialist. They really want you to succeed and set you up for a successful career. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and if you're looking for some extra ways to make money, they offer opportunities for overtime.

Everyone here is so friendly and the environment is so great! Everyone seems to genuinely want to help each other succeed in this business. If you put in the effort and have the drive to be successful, you'll have a long and rewarding career at this company!
Pros
Casual Fridays, Cash Incentives, Snack Bar, Company Events
Home Loan Specialist
Home Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 4, 2019
A lot of room for growth as long as you're willing to put in the work. The tools to succeed are here... I've personally seen a lot of entry level people come in and succeed which is extremely motivating. A real "family atmosphere". Management always willing to help and point you in the right direction if you ask. A lot of fun incentives.
Pros
Company sponsored events, cash contests, employee of the week/month recognition
Cons
office can get kind of warm and you have to park in a parking garage
Avoid if possible
Home Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 10, 2018
A waste of time, you are better off working in a career that is rewarding. Management lacks clear communication, resulting in bad business practices. Don't be disappointed if you're lured in this trap.
Poor Lead Quality - 100% Commission
MortgageSpecialist II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I'm employed as a Mortgage Specialist II in the newly launched Irving, TX office of IntelliLoan. I was excited to work for the new branch until I learned that there is no paid time off, extremely low-quality lead sources provided, very little sick time accrued and that Sales is required to work 362 days a year. That's right, they're open on most national holidays and only pay straight time on holidays worked. And they will require you to work 7 days in a row whenever they see fit to change the schedule. Lead Quality is extremely poor. The last straw for me may be the fact that the hourly pay is a draw against commissions earned, so basically the job is 100% commission. The rub is that they don't disclose any of this upfront in the offer letter. Crooked and disorganized Sr. Management - from Owner to Sr. VPs. HR is Guilty of Omission.
Pros
Plenty of loud music, energetic sales management
Cons
Extremely poor lead quality, terrible healthcare benefits
Work hard and get rewarded
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 7, 2018
I've been with the company for a few years now and I feel as though everything (management, culture, expectations) have been consistent, honest, and most of all enjoyable. I like the fact that because it is a smaller company, we all have a family atmosphere. You really get what you put into your role here in terms of reward, monetarily and personally. I come to work excited every day and I feel like that is the true meaning of work satisfaction, the money is just a bonus. Working hard with this company has definitely been extremely rewarding and I would definitely refer the company to family and friends.
Pros
Snacks, Fun culture, Work events, Compensation, Great management
young management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 6, 2018
learned a lot here. was let go for the most ridiculous reason. i was a top performer but had issues with my length of breaks. pay was decent and atmosphere was fake as could be
Good place to start
Junior Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 10, 2018
Started as a Junior Mortgage Banker entry level and was given full training on how to pass the NMLS Test, Daily sales training/feedback requires thick skin but prepares for over the phone sales. Very competitive pay rate for what the position entails, a lot of room for growth, great place to start and learn the business.
Pros
Tons of Overtime!
Cons
Music throughout the day remains the same station
Small amount of employees
Sr. Processor/Closing Processor II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 4, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work at this company, but i would beware of promises that were made, they are most likely going to be lost in the process.
Pros
lunch catered occasionally
Cons
management, drama, jealousness, unkept promises
Relaxed, yet productive
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 14, 2017
A typical day at work included calling out and inbound leads, taking full apps, structuing the loan and submitting the app to manager for review.

I mainly learned systems (Encompass and Velocify)

Management works hard, and as a result does not make enough time for employees at times.

Culture is very relaxed for the mortgage industry.

Hardest part of the job is getting fast and efficient with systems to streamline the amount calls and apps you can take.

Most enjoyable part is helping people save money and their homes.
Pros
Free meals weekends. Random Picnics and BBQs on Fridays
Cons
Relatively small company.. not much room for movement or growth
Fun place to work at where you can make a lot of money
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 20, 2017
I've been working here for almost 2 years now. The managers are great and don't micro manage. They really are there to help! There's good leads coming in and a great culture. Everyone here is super nice and friendly. In this profession, work/life balance is sometimes difficult but here it's not! They offer benefits that even include a 401K plan where they match your percentage.
Pros
Casual Fridays, good culture
Cons
Wish we could dress casually all the time
Operations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 8, 2016
I have been working at Intelliloan for under a year. This is the best place to work. Everyone here is friendly, the management is always open to new ideas.
Pros
Free snacks, friendly envoronment
not up to the times
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2013
Great place for novices to work! The opposite for seasoned staff
Pros
management is cool
Cons
poor business model & overall inexperienced slow loan processing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelliloan. Our community is ready to answer.

Intelliloan Reviews by Location