Intelsat

Intelsat Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA22 reviews
Advancement is limited but it is a great place to begin ones' career. The work is challenging and tough but everyone has a great deal of knowledge and experience.
Pros
Location and people
Cons
Work load and strict deadlines
Nice people but there are lot of negative changes with the recent change in management. There is no value of people who has stayed with the company for so long. The new management does not care about staffs.
Intelsat is an incredible company, excellent engineers, amazing benefits, beautiful building, and nice employees. At times it can be very busy, depending from the time of the month. There are so many benefits that the company offers that I highly recommend as a great place to work.
benefits
Cons
very fast paced
Great company with high debt load. Hope they make it. Everyone is very helpful and willing to share. They need for the sale of their C band spectrum to happen to survive.
Great heritage communications company. Employees are smart, driven and passionate about what they are trying to achieve, and are very innovative in the fact of tremendous financial pressure.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
You get to do a lot of things at Intelsat. Though the pace at times might be slow, you tend to work on a lot of things, all the time. It can be challenging. However there are very good people there and you will be part of great team.
Working at Intelsat has been interesting in that the all the OTHER moving parts seem to be doing some innovations and being able to say you work at the largest satellite company sounds cool. Then once you've been hear you keep hearing on the wind about money troubles, the way that ticketing is done is archaic at best and there is no sort of work culture. This is a workplace that has stuck by the if its not broke don't fix it mentality.
Stay away from the FP&A team, known for firing and putting employees under Performance Improvement Program for the purpose of firing them (eventually). terrible director who gossip and curse at other colleagues in their absence terrible culture within her department brought me so much anxiety. I resigned after supplying HR with all evidences varying from emails, recordings, and a blog of extremely unprofessional conversation between me and director. After I resigned HR offered me a package - unheard of. companies only offer you when you are still working with them and haven't been fired or resigned YET. however Intelsat knew they are facing a serious lawsuit.
Reorganizations are far too frequent. Hard to get anything done because always reorganizing. Very diverse and international environment. Great culture.
Pros
events to view launches, etc.
Cons
constant reorganizations
Good management with fair direct managers. However, the company should compensate more competitively relative to the local job market. High turnover in recent years.
Good company with a long history in the space industry. Many perks and benefits. Fun place to work for with beautiful office in Tysons, Virginia. Recommend.
In past years Intelsat has been a great place at which to work. Recent changes amongst upper management have led to a change in culture with which I disagree.
Overall a good work environment, but there are some issues with downward communications. Very common problem I had, across multiple managers, was information not being disseminated until directly asked about.
I was very happy with my job with the people I worked with at Intelsat. It was the happiest I had ever been in my working life. Unfortunately, I was included in a companywide layoff in late 2017.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Laid off
Working at Intelsat was exciting and fun. There was never a dull moment. You get to work with very intelligent people and learn a lot. People are very nice and make you feel at home.
Pros
Hi-tech environment and leading edge technology
Cons
A lot of work and few people to get work done.
i had a good experience working with the company. my boss was great and would recommend anyone to work under him. my potential to grow is more of the reason i'm looking at this time.
Intelsat was a great place to work, you are expected to work hard and are rewarded for it financially and with your benefits. You can advance as much or as far as you want based on your abilities and desires. While working there I saw one employee move from basically an entry-level position to vice president where he was over hundreds of employees.
Pros
Good benefits and pay and a great working environment
Cons
Hours can be tough depending on what job you hold
Great place with amazing work life balance while still offering a challenging environment. Management is great and listens to what you have to say. I would have never left if I didn't want to relocate.
The company and management gives no time for training and/or effective on-boarding for the specific job. Each company has their own process and policy that are non-standard. This company does not allow time for a new employee to learn all process needed to effective do you job.
Pros
Great Pay/Benefits
Cons
Training
Overall a good company, good environment, fun workplace with pool table and stand-up desks. The only downside is that upper management (Director and VP level) does not trust the staff with making decisions and you have to constantly prove that you are capable. Even if you go the extra mile, it's sometimes overlooked by upper management. However, a great company to begin your career.
Pros
Fun environment and location, great learning experience
Cons
Upper management lacks trust in staff
Fantastic place to work; really gives you a different vibe than most companies in the metropolitan area would. One problem with the company is the fact that the age gap is extremely big.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelsat. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Intelsat.