Intelsat Employee Reviews

Great Company, Beautiful HQ building
Senior Maritime Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 31, 2019
Reorganizations are far too frequent. Hard to get anything done because always reorganizing. Very diverse and international environment. Great culture.
Pros
events to view launches, etc.
Cons
constant reorganizations
Good Company
Senior Engineer - Service & Project Support (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2019
Like the Company & culture of the company. Learned additional skills and explored new professional opportunity. Nice benefit and good people. Would recommend this company to work.
Good work environment in a nice location
Principal Engineer, Asset Allocation Strategy (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 24, 2019
Good management with fair direct managers. However, the company should compensate more competitively relative to the local job market. High turnover in recent years.
Summary
Flight Dynamics Intern (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 12, 2019
Good company with a long history in the space industry. Many perks and benefits. Fun place to work for with beautiful office in Tysons, Virginia. Recommend.
multi international company
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, Ca (headquarters Washington, DC)February 11, 2019
Worked in a remote location away from headquarters so I worked very independently with little supervision. I was the contract manager for a satellite program valued in excess of 800 million dollars.

The difficult part of the position was that you were somewhat in the dark as to future planning.

Management was not hands on and only contacted me if there was a problem

There was no real future with this company because as the programs came to an end there was no place to land.
Pros
allowed me to be independent and manage my job requirements independently
Cons
not part of the mainstream
so much fun
Principal Revenue Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2019
I really enjoyed working at intelsat due to various benefits such as a fitness center. this allowed me to be part of a wonderful culture and meet many different people
Needs to Change
Partner Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJanuary 31, 2019
Company is a capacity provider in a limited growth industry. Unless they are able to become a service provider they will be over taken by other technologies.
Pros
free flu shots
Cons
poor direction
It's been too long
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2018
I really can't comment on the culture of Intelsat today. I left 10+ years ago. They have gone though a lot of changes, including a physical more out of WDC to VA.
Disappointing
Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GASeptember 19, 2018
After having worked at PanAmSat, Intelsat was to say the least a disappointment. The Intelsat management only cared about themselves with no regard towards their employees.
Great team work environment
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GASeptember 18, 2018
Management allowed employees to do their jobs and displayed the skills you learned while performing daily tasks. Coworkers helped each other to succeed as a team to support the companies overall mission to ensure objectives were met in a timely manner, There was never a dull moment during my 10 years of employment and I really enjoyed the support and appreciation management always showed.
Pros
Management cared about alll employees
Cons
annual bonus was minimal
Change is in the air...
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 10, 2018
In past years Intelsat has been a great place at which to work. Recent changes amongst upper management have led to a change in culture with which I disagree.
Major satellite operator with a good working space
Principal Solutions Engineer / Product Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 12, 2018
Overall a good work environment, but there are some issues with downward communications. Very common problem I had, across multiple managers, was information not being disseminated until directly asked about.
Intergrated corporate culture
Senior International Trade Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 2, 2018
I was very happy with my job with the people I worked with at Intelsat. It was the happiest I had ever been in my working life. Unfortunately, I was included in a companywide layoff in late 2017.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Laid off
It is a fun place to work with the latest and greatest technologies.
Senior Manager, Contracts and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 31, 2018
Working at Intelsat was exciting and fun. There was never a dull moment. You get to work with very intelligent people and learn a lot. People are very nice and make you feel at home.
Pros
Hi-tech environment and leading edge technology
Cons
A lot of work and few people to get work done.
Avoid
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMay 27, 2018
The culture at Intelsat has been in a steady decline since the company went public. Intelsat used to be an industry leader in working environment and compensation/benefits. Today both the working environment and compensation are sub standard. There is almost no room for advancement as the company mainly hires from the outside. Your starting position and pay will be relatively the same for your entire tenure.
Cons
Burnout is high, departments are severely understaffed, employees expected to just work harder to make up for lack of personnel.
N/a
Innovations and Strategy (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2018
Not Applicable
Not much to say
No comment
Really don't want to comment
Allow this question not to be answered
Do not force responses from surveyed individuals
positive
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 5, 2018
i had a good experience working with the company. my boss was great and would recommend anyone to work under him. my potential to grow is more of the reason i'm looking at this time.
Good place to work but busy
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GA 30294March 14, 2018
Loved working there but it is busy ! Intelsat is over worked and under paid not enough people to do the job. If you don't mind the work load its the place for you .
Stay Far Away
Network Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMarch 6, 2018
You'll be asked to do your job and then every other department's job without any training in it, and when you do all the other jobs you'll be rated poorly for not being an expert in it all ready. Promotions and advancements are hard to come by and are then only determined by who management likes. Bad managers and directors are never fired and just shuffled around in the constant company reorganizations that don't actually solve any of the underlying issues. Pay is below industry average and only decent thing is the benefits but those are slowly being rolled back year by year.
Pros
Benefits are good and plenty of OT available
Cons
Terrible leadership, no advancement
Great benefits
Operations Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAFebruary 13, 2018
Management is something that this company needs a lot of improvement. There are a few managers that are amazing but as you go higher in the chain they get harder to find. Overall this is a good company to start off in but it is slowly evolving to a company that I do not want to work for.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelsat. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Intelsat.

Powered by Comparably