Inter-Con Security Systems Employee Reviews

good job experiance
Site Guard Supervisory (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 15, 2018
Inter Con Security was my second security job and i learned and experianced alot from inter Con.I've worked as a regular guard than got promoted to be an supervisor. I've worked with a good team with Inter Con.
Pros
ok
Cons
the pay
excellent security agency
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
Very professional company. Excellent training, salary, and benefits during my time of employment. Good career for me after leaving the military. Room for advancement and a secure contract which is not always the case in this field.
Pros
good company
Cons
limited salary
Decent
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 27, 2018
Employer does not look out for their employees. Posted site locations are ok. Fast pace environments. The hardest part of this job is communication with corporate. It is all about business and do not look out for the well being of their employees.
Not Good on Flexiibility
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2018
Unable to be flexible. Suffers from internal communication. Unable to let guards transfer from sites that they have issues with. They are slow in investigations of incidents and try to get you to quit so they do not have to pay for unemployment.
Pros
Cons
Unable to let guards transfer from sites that they have issues with
good money, ts clearance, thats all
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAMarch 17, 2018
great pay, bad management, bad benefits, bad uniforms, bad command staff, no advancement. The pay is good for the area ($30 hr) but there is no screening or interviews to become a supervisor which leads to terrible supervision. Uniforms are uncomfortable (Corfram dress shoes and shirt stays) and they are a very well versed in the "that's just how it is" system even though their rules and procedures says otherwise.
Pros
good pay, lots of overtime
Cons
management, training, leave, no 401, expensive insurance
This job will make you hate your life
Diplomatic Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2018
This is not a good place to work. They can force you to work overtime whenever they please. They switch you from working nights to mornings, or evenings to nights and vice verse and you’re not allowed to refuse. This place is 100% favoritism if your not on the supervisors favorite list be prepared to work every single weekend. Management is very poor I don’t know why they would promote some of the people they have in supervisor positions. I have ever worked somewhere as awful as this before. When you use your sick days they unofficially punish you by putting you in the worst post that they have for an extended amount of time. On the bright side your co-workers are usually pretty cool and easy to get along with. The pay is good but not good enough for you to hate your life. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Cons
Not a good place of employment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Not a good place of employment. Won’t even give you time off for a funeral service with out proving your related to the deceased. You get written up every time you get sick and have to call into work. When you get sick at work and have to go home.
Pros
401K health benefits
Cons
Favoritism and nepotism
Very productive
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Inter-con in a great company to work for. Like most companies, if you do the job your expected to do, you'll be just fine. I've worked for them in various capacities and would like to find work at the airport, ports of entry, Railroads etc.
bad managemment ruined working experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 28, 2018
not enough man-power, employees forced to stay over. Aqueduct Patrol consisted of 120-135 miles on rough terrain and any weather. enjoyed working outdoors and patrolling lakes and dams.
Slow work environment, nothing to do, poor management, incompetent post commanders
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Edison, CAJanuary 19, 2018
I have been working at inter-con for close to 2 years. In that time I have seen my colleagues leave for various reasons, such as, the management was not willing to keep them on a temporary basis when that is the way they were hired and they have volunteered on their days off and given everything they had for a company that does not care about it's employees.

Recently they have placed a new manager in my area that is making changes, which would normally be fine, however, he is imposing changes with no more notice than a day. If you have a family you cannot make changes in a day and expect your employees to drop everything and do what you need them to do. These are major changes, like a schedule that has been set for months and everything my family has done is based around my schedule.

My post commander in beyond incompetent. If you cannot spell the word suspicious in this day and age, then you definitely do not have a bachelor's degree as he says he does. Also, when you use "are," instead of "our,' to describe OUR new manager, you are not educated as you claim to be.

The management does not care about it's employees in the slightest. They claim that you can come to them with anything you need, which is true, but they do not care unless it has to do with helping them out.

The first month I worked at Inter-con security they asked me if I would help them out and go to Devers Station (Palm Springs) which is more than 50 miles from my home, for a three day period. I agreed and filed a form for mileage in order to get paid for the amount of miles I drove to and from. However,
  more... they claim was "lost" or there was some other excuse for me not to get my mileage.

If you are someone transitioning from the military and need a quick job while you wait for a police job or some other career that is long term then go to another security firm.

There is a lot more that I can put down, but this review is running long enough. In closing, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay, no room for growth, incompetent leader ship.
Good Company but no benefits
Security Specialist - Command Post (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. Overall it was a good company to work for. Leadership was present and lead by example. The reason for leaving this company was that at the time benefits were not being offered.
Dont work for this company
officer (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 17, 2018
Job is not meant for you to succeed. The uniforms are horrible in cold weathers. rules and policy are were made for you to be miserable at work. Managers don't care about their officers. They don't come to introduce themselves but they expect you to know them, but you never will. Don't get me wrong the pay is good and you will get your hours, but this job is only for people to stay for a short time. Once you get your credentials, leave as soon as possible
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
everything I said
Stringent workplace
Diplomatic Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VADecember 26, 2017
Very stringent and detail oriented. Heavy emphasis on the knowledge of rules. Do not get to pick the shift you are on. Great chance for advancement in career.
Under paid/Over Worked
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 25, 2017
Your working crazy hours. Dispatching guards while answer calls from sick guard and Clients that have not had guards show up. Also doing schedules. Its a lot for only 11.00 a hour. The management at the office its at least 3 different office staff you do their work for them because there to busy running around playing like immature kids. Such a very unorganized work place.
Steady work
Security Supervisor/ Post Commander (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 15, 2017
Work for a good client always helps. Client is willing to help out with whatever our needs are. We are treated fairly. I cant express how grateful I am for the working environment that i'm in.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Need to promote more women
Dont bother applying
Special Deputy Marshal (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 29, 2017
The Special Deputy Marshal vacancies in the upstate and WNY locations are all filled by referral. No exceptions. All new hires are retired law enforcement and are either friends or family of the area supervisor, or someone above him. Its unfortunate that the old boy network runs such a lucrative federal contract, but what'd you expect?
Pros
$30/hr. for an armed guard job standing at a door.
Cons
Nepotism
N/a
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 2, 2017
I will do hourly foot patrols, scan qr codes and make out daily reports of job duties. The hardest part of the job the long foot patrol and the most i enjoyed about the job they paid well.
Pros
easy job, breaks, lunch breaks
Cons
management
They don't train you much just hand you papers to sign and the rest you're on your own.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 27, 2017
They send you to a place that's already been secured and then don't answer at all or reply back to any messages until you already left the post. The pay was ok for starting at 13/hr but if you were to want to get hours you have to travel and sometimes it'll be milage approved and sometimes not so you'll be on your own. They honest didn't train me for my first day and I was so nervous already and then I quit that day because I was so overwhelmed by the paperwork I've never been explained to about, where to go, who to contact, and what I should have. Always read the stuff you sign though it'll have some help but not much. I messed up there but oh well.
Pays well, thats all
Armed Diplomatic Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2017
The health insurance is terrible and intercon is ALL about money in their pockets. The employees are disposable and the average lifetime of an offers at the Department of State building is 5 months.
Pros
pay
Cons
benifits, hours, managers
Rewarding job experience
Site Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Excellent treatment and compensation. Good benefits. Some travel involved for conferences. Company used top hotels with great amenities. Company was very loyal to me.