Inter-Con Security Systems Employee Reviews

They are cut throat
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 10, 2018
They don't care about there employees are they care about is there self there were times when I didn't have any ice for the cooler we had water but it was hot and I am sorry how hard can it be to make sure your employees had cold water
Great work life balance
ARMED DETENTION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 27, 2018
I've worked within the company for eight years and will never leave this employment. Currently work under a contract obligation conducting correctional duties.
Just a job
Safety Management / Patrol Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, CANovember 26, 2018
Inter Con is a great job for someone who needs time to study while in school.So all students should go get their guard cards and work for Intercon if you class load is just too much.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Scheduling and communication
Ok Place to work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 21, 2018
Typical security company that there was nothing special about. I enjoyed some of the time i worked there but alot of lazy employees just looking for a paycheck
Great Offiers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 17, 2018
There many good working sites, The Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial and the Jefferson Memorials. Met hundreds of people from all around the world. I worked Park and Capital Police. Great experience.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working outside
Quite possibly the worst company I have ever worked for
Uniformed Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  National Capital RegionNovember 11, 2018
This company is among the most mismanaged companies I have ever worked for. The supervisors are incompetent, and the corporate structure is more of a dictatorship than a professional office.
Worst company to work for
DSS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
This place is cut throat. they want you to get fired or quit. The reason why is they get paid to train you by the federal gov. The more they train the more $$. I wouldnt work for them. There is better opportunities with other companies for the same pay.
Slow paced routine job
Global Security Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 1, 2018
You are rotated through different posts throughout your shift, sometimes you will be placed at a post for a couple hours at a time. Learning the different rotations is the hardest part of the job. There is always room for OT, usually there are a lot of call offs and always need spots filled.
good money and thats it
Uniformed Protection Officer (Gov (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 1, 2018
this job is not for the weak at heart....if you're willing to be abused by an overbearing managerial staff aided by a discipline policy geared to end your employment, this could be the job for you. Get the job, get your clearance, and get out!
Pros
money and clearance
Cons
everything else
Interesting work, flexible scheduling
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 29, 2018
Worked mostly from my car, traveling unspecified distances. Usually easy and quiet work, the hardest part can sometimes be picking up hours. Having an open schedule and a reliable mode of transportation is a must.
G reat job
Uniformed Protection Officer/Diplomatic Security (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Very good all-around . Great people to work for. Management and co-workers come from a similar background. Benefits are great and 401k is great. I will continue to work here.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
Time off if no seniority
Great company
Armed Security Guard/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAOctober 28, 2018
Great company to work with. Great supervisors. Very collaborative . Post was great and the staff were excellent to work with. Worked at MTA facility.
Nice place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the company. Unfortunately I has to move on to better support my family I would reccomend this company to others I appreciate being given the opportunity to work for this company
great people
Human Resources Coordinator - Benefits (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 16, 2018
Great people work in the HR department at Inter-con. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time. The office has a great environment. You can learn a lot here.
Pros
Interesting work great people
Cons
cost of healthcare/benefits offered
Does not appreciate employee effort
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 15, 2018
Management focused mainly on executive needs and does not place value in employees. Manager had manager and no respect for front line managers. No company policies or guidelines. Company did not promote team building activities. Employees operated within clicks.
Pros
You got a paycheck.
Cons
High cost medical plan, no casual Friday's, no incentives for hard work.
Good company
Protective Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 13, 2018
The Company is decent to work for. Just like every company, they do good things and bad things. Keep track of your Paid-Time Off, they do not put it on the paystubs so it is up to the officer to maintain accountability. Vacation starts after working the first year, depending on your hours will dictate number of hours vacation.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Dealing with the public on occasion
Challenging and rewarding company.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAOctober 7, 2018
Challenging and rewarding. Various assignments. Officers are responsible and professional. Posts are long term in most cases. Supervisory staff members are understanding, but firm.
Pros
Locations
It Pays The Bills
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90007September 30, 2018
its a okay job that pays the bills but nothing more. There is no way to advance in the company. They dont have many post and when you get stationed somewhere the training for the post is terrible.
Pros
okay hours
Cons
no way to advance in management
great starter job
Diplomatic Security Uniform Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Rosslyn, VASeptember 29, 2018
The job will begin your TS clearance investigation and the pay is very well. The hours you are scheduled for can changed up to 12 hours a day. There is a lot of standing depending on where you are located.
Pros
Pay is good, and TS Clearance investigation provided
Cons
Lots of standing and lots of hours, and short breaks
i have nothing to say it is a job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 28, 2018
Its a job. No advancements. Minimal pay. It your typical blue collar job. No extra training.

I have nothing more to say but this page won't let me move on until I write more.