Inter-Con Security Systems Employee Reviews

Constantly Busy
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 19, 2019
Fast pace company. Very busy. No time to take a breath at times. Clean environment. So busy that you had to work a lot of overtime even on weekends.
Not the right fit for me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2019
I did enjoy working for Inter-Con at first. I soon became restless because there was a lot of down time and standing around doing nothing. The employees' who I worked with were very lazy and are content with doing nothing and getting paid. I on the other hand want to be constantly busy and learning new things. This was not a good fit for me. I don't want to work a Security job anymore.
Pros
Great break room
Cons
Was a warm body walking around or sitting in one spot
Unprofessional
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 18, 2019
You get hired as “full time” but you won’t work 40 hours a week if they don’t have a post for you. They will try to send you to some post to cover for someone calling off or no show which is always far from where you live. A normal shift is 8hrs but you’ll pull another shift almost everyday cause someone doesn’t show up to replace you so you have to stay. Management is horrible with this and will double book post sometimes. You normally sit in your car and watch cables or equipment. Boring job and hours aren’t guaranteed if you are not willing to drive far. Also they hire whoever.
Pros
14 an Hour compared to other security.
Cons
Mangement sucks, boring, long hours
Long day hours but only allows 36/week, unprofessional company
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2019
This company pay a bit higher than others for unarmed however, there is no growth. It is disorganized from top to bottom. The employees are very unprofessional and management does not want to speak go anyone. Everything must go through your operational supervisors and 9 times out of 10, it's not communicated correctly. They are overstaffed and no one gets 40 hours. 32-36 hours a week.
Pros
Pay is ok, good breaks, good benefits
Cons
Unprofessional staff, terrible management, no growth
Team Play environment, good benefits opportunity
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  La Brea Museum, Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2019
-Analyzing,Interpreting and recording the financial operation of the company.
-Preparing Bank Reconciliation
-Financial Statements is prepared
-Developing budget
Pros
Coffee and snacks
Cons
Health care and insurance
Edison sub are every where and Intercon send it their security guards so far to cover these post job , Some of the post job that Intercon .
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 4, 2019
Company are ok but sometimes they do not have enough jobs , Some weeks I work overtime but then they don't have any post job to work, And when security guard missing to work They call me to work with out give me 4 hrs , Intercon offer every singlo day different post jobs to their workers and most of the post are so far! Sometimes it take me like 2- 3 hr because they have an account with Edison and Edison have a subastationes close to Arizona border.
N/a
Uniformed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2019
N/A.

Take out of the job what you need and want and start trying to find a career type of job! Get your TS clearance, get experience building resume, pay off debt or save money! Then start applying other places.
Pros
Clearance, Salary, Resume Builder, Co workers
Cons
Inconsistent Schedule, Poor Management, Uncomfortable Uniform
Boring standing around monitoring potential flames. Hard to stay alert and active.
Firewatch (Former Employee) –  San Onofre, CAMarch 3, 2019
Inter-con Security May be a great company to work for, but based on my experience and where I worked for them over 30 years ago, I would not recommend
Pros
Decent money made during that era.
Cons
Hazardous to your health
Required to work every weekend, Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAMarch 2, 2019
Inter-Con only allowed you to work 32hrs or less. I was required to to every single weekend. If I wanted a day off, I was required to fill out a request form for no-pay day off. I recieved a day off only if the supervisor could work it out with other employees.
Pros
Training with firearms were outstanding.
Cons
Could not do anything with family on weekends.
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2019
Just do your job they give a lot of overtime they q lot of different sites some good they do hospitals and also state building not to bad of a company
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Politics, Lazy co-workers and horrible management
Nuclear Plant Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 28, 2019
I could write a book here but just know this. If you complain about employees. You will get removed.

That's what happened to me while working at San Onfre plant. Management didn't care and removed me.
Then offered me another job paying a lot less and a 45 minutes drive away from home. Awful people.
Pros
Cons
Laziness, mismanagement, Location
If you enjoy sitting around, this job is for you
Diplomatic Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 27, 2019
The work environment was too slow for me! The expectations were high with low reward. I definitely did not enjoy not being able to control my food, bathroom and mental breaks!
Pros
uniforms provided
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Productive, Great co-workers
Uniformed Diplomatic Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2019
As long as you came to work and did your job, Inter-Con was a great place to work Overtime was always offered. The pay was great. Management was easy to work for. The hardest part of the job for ne was balancing the hours with becoming a single mom. The enjoyable part of the job was the pay and working well with my co-workers. Meeting and seeing the Secretary of State on a daily basis. I learned to be very diligent and aware of my surroundings. Inter-Con also enhanced my customer service skills because I had to work with State Department employees daily ensuring they felt secure.
Pros
Pay, co-workers, providing safety for the employees of the State Department
Suck Company
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2019
Lack of communication, unorganized, supervisor and employyes make the job harder than it has to be. No benefits as a health care officer. Backstabbers
Pros
Cons
Management, Less sites, less hours
Ideal for part time and seasonal work
Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Not a stable work environment. Company doesn’t pay for show pay. Scheduling is always messed up with Inter-Con, sometimes scheduling multiple employees when only one should be present.
Pros
Work is minimum
Cons
No advances in work
Human Resources
Uniformed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2019
I went through the entire hiring process with a fantastic recruiter and was looking forward to being a uniformed security officer in DC and changed my mind once I had to deal with a rude, condescending, and indifferent female over the phone (in human resources/etc I was forwarded to and I will not mention) that was supposed to process my paperwork and get me to training. She wasted the recruiter, medical, and my money and time. This individual didn't understand the concept that I was driving on the highway and eagerly answered her call and was trying to speak through my vehicle speaker and didn't like the tone or volume of my voice and reported me to a supervisor instead of asking me the problem. She also refused to provide a contact number and didn't even realize I was driving a full 20 minutes later after she already had her episode. It was all downhill from there. Total waste of time.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Immediate red flags with human resources
competitive workplace
Private Security Officer/state of California (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I worked at a stressful place in the state department. but for me , im use to it. working as a security officer in the Dmv is always a challenge for me.
Pros
paid lunch and breaks
Cons
n/a
enjoyed working for them
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 29, 2019
I loved working at the hospital. Intercon gave me skills in my youth that I still use today, as far as being on time. Team work was the way we ran the job. It was a family, All the adults did what was needed to run our shift correctly.
Worst job ever I wouldn’t add on any future applications
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
pay less than state ca min wage which is 12 but only pay you 11.58 per hour very poor communication from supervisor and management definitely wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone it’s just simply the worst company I wouldn’t even put them on my resume or any future applications
Pros
Cool clients
Cons
Underpaid not even state min wage
Do not work for Inter-Con
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 9, 2019
They offer a bonus to refer a friend to the company and it is not even worth going for because no one would even refer their worst enemy to this job. . They will find ways to write you up if you are not a "favorite". If you are working at outer regions or different annexes the work environment is a little bit laid back so you are lucky if you get position there. If you are positioned at the main location for this contract then good luck, all eyes are on you. Your first year on contract you do not get vacation time and they can basically treat you badly with your schedule by being the first ones chosen to hold over (thats a write up if you refuse) and you are not guaranteed hours if they are have to many people on contract. The only good thing about working for the company is the clearance. But even then, the company will try to hide your clearance from you by not telling you for months that you have it so they don't have to pay you the bonuses for it.
Pros
Probably will get a clearance and move on
Cons
management, schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inter-Con Security Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight