InterCare Community Health Network Employee Reviews

Great place to get experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 3, 2018
A very busy workplace with sometimes little to no help. They pay great and gives you more skills to grow while being in their company. Management needs improvement but everything else is not bad at all.
Pros
Pay great, more skills and certification. One day off in the week.
Cons
Fast pace, little help and poor management.
Overall job summary
FRONT OFFICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 20, 2018
Seeing 300 patients a day, I learned patience, as far as Management there’s always room for change. Intercare is very diverse. Turning patients away. The most enjoyable is meeting all sorts of people.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Short lunches
A diverse organization
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, MIMay 7, 2018
I grew up being a patient at InterCare Community Health Network as a migrant child.InterCare has grown from being a seasonal health clinic to ensuring that underinsured or non- insured individuals receive a quality health care.
Most employees are there to work for their communities and ensure that everyone gets seen and have a great experience.
Pros
Work with a diverse population from Migrant farm worker to Substance Use Disorder.
Cons
In some case the lack of training or motivation from supervisors.
Work flow, and environment
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 22, 2018
Intercare is a place that has a number of caring staff that tries their best to help and assist patients to the fullest. Greeters try to make all patients feel at ease once they enter our building, even through stressful moments. You must be computer saavy while working their, because of the upgrades that happens once or twice a year. Some of the staff can be a little challenging, but teamwork is the motto that many of the employees try to implement in their work day. They welcome all culture types, and they have very helpful security staff, that goes above and beyond their duty.
You have to be able to keep up with the frequent pace of patient flow, and be thorough when completing tasks.
Pros
All Weekends, and all Holidays are off
Cons
Not guaranteed breaks, and some favoritism.
great place to be
Assistant/ Medical interpreter (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MI 49090September 17, 2018
miss this job everyday i loved it there and helping those who are under insured or un insured including migrants the help for them they offer is unique
Horrible place to work.
Former Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton harbor, MichiganMarch 8, 2018
Very competitive, full of drama and bs. Very unfair workplace. The pay is pathetic. Health insurance sucks. Better off to have Medicaid. Takes advantage of you, don't go the extra mile. You will not be recognized for it, only the bad. Management sucks, supervisor sucks. No raises. VERY stressful place. Just don't work here, you will regret it!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything I stated in my review.
place to start a career and advance your skills
CEA/CHW (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 25, 2018
overall i loved inter-care. It was the most accommodating work place i have worked for. Its flexibility is so wonderful . Staff is great. And the friendships are worth the bonds.
CEO hostile towards all employees
Internal medicine as Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pullman, MIDecember 27, 2017
I have never seen such abuse of employees en masse as occurred at this location. The culture was very much we were all discardable and all replaceable.

Poor compensation across the board for all, yet this clinic was a subsidized poverty clinic that received higher than market rates on compensation.

Roughly translated, funds benefitted the owner CEO
Cons
Kept trying to schedule patients that were beyond limitations of practitioners license
ok place to work
RMA (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 5, 2018
Were I worked at, there was a lot of competition between MA's. Other than that it was a good place to be. Providers are very helpful and work great with everyone.
Great coworkers, great customers to work with.
Maternal Infant Health Program Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 13, 2017
Interact Community Health Network provides many services to many different people. The staff is made up of very dedicated, professional people who care very much about the agency and the clientele served.
Great
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MISeptember 27, 2017
a typical day at work is great. good environment and great staff. I've learned so much just from working here management is awesome and the job is not hard at all
Very busy place, learning experience was great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIMarch 16, 2015
Typical day was always busy, providers werent that nice. One in particular would throw her laptop and never get disciplined about it at all. They expected you to know everything like other co workers or nurses. Hardest part about the job was when some mothers had miscarraiges or couldn't get pregnant. When the mother came back after six weeks, that's the best part.
Pros
joy of working with mother and baby
Cons
Horrible attitudes from the providers and the company knowing about it
Not team players, poor management
Certifed Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MINovember 15, 2012
It was very hard to maintain employement with the company. It was constant changes on a day to day basis because none of the Benton Harbor providers communicated well with each other nor with the staff. I felt I was not giving enough training, and when asking the other staff members for help they would juts do the work instead of training me. All of the Benton Harbor prenatal staff had bad atitiudes and they were not team players! Management didn't support/ stand up for the staff when it came to poor decision making. The turn over rate was very high and once you decided to leave the company your benifits were forfeited!
Power Tripping Management
Specialist (Former Employee) –  BangorFebruary 5, 2013
If you have been in senior management and with the company for many years, you are probably secure in your job. Unfortunately that is not the case for everyone else. And to make matters worse, many members of the above mentioned group feel the need to throw their power around to everyone else. If you are not in the above group or in a clique with members of management, watch out. It will only take time until you are discontent, feeling unappreciated and finally let go or ready to leave. Management says they care about their employees but actions suggest otherwise.
Pros
flexible schedule; benefits but costly; mid-range pay
Cons
power hungry management; cliques (if your not part of the group, you're out)
Poor lidership.
Clinical staff (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, MIOctober 10, 2013
Is a company with a great mision but disable those who try to follow it due to their superior's lack of vision and power hunger. Learned a lot and treasure the good time with coworkes as well as patients.
Management does not value the opinion of others, to many women making desitions, often lack of recognition of your effords. Need a financial officer soon before is too late.
Was a great place to work many years ago but currently; should no longer be within the top 100 best companies to work for.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Management underestimate your job due to lack of knoledge of your tipical day and duties
Call Center incomings calls
Bilingual Patient Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Pullman, MIMarch 6, 2015
I start at 645am-330pm start taking calls english and spanish for all 5 different sites, we do all the Scheduling, medications refills, transfering calls to the proper site, triage nurse, medical assistants, the most important is CUSTOMER SERVICE PROVIDED. we have in total 13 employees at the call center english and spanish. we lear a lot every day different policies through out Doctors and nurses and managers sitting 8 hours. no breaks in between only our 30 minute lunch. monday - friday
Pros
close to my home.
Cons
call center not face to face customer service
Fun and productive Company, enjoyed the work I performed on a day to day basis.
Account Specialist & Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, MIApril 16, 2012
A typical day at work for me was solving billing issues and correcting insurances that were entered incorrectly. The management team was awesome very easy to talk to and get resluts. My coworkers were the best I've worked in all of my work history life. The hardest part of my job was not receiving the adequate training needed to perform my job at a more efficient rate. I enjoyed solving the issues of correcting patients insurance and verifying the insurances of these patients in order that they wouldn't receive a bill from our company.
Pros
the awesome communication of the office manager.
Cons
not enough/adequate training in that department.
Great opportunity to help those in the community
Front Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 3, 2017
InterCare is a non-profit organization that provides medical and dental services to patients with or without insurance. It helps the underserved population and it is great being a part of an organization that truly makes a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Help people in need, closed Saturday and Sunday
Great environment, Lacking room to advance
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MINovember 7, 2016
I believe in company values and goals. The company is vastly growing and needs more doctors and management. Given the lack of management staff goes unheard by the administration leaders.
Pros
Great Environment, Great Company values
Cons
lack of management, little room for advancement
Wonderful place to work!
Clinical Position (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MIJuly 8, 2016
Love my manager, my team and my schedule. Clinical positions do not work late nights, weekend or holidays unlike other clinics/hospitals. Benefits are good and the pay is competitive for the market.

I would highly recommend this as a place of employment.
Pros
Geat work/life balance.
Cons
Medical plan options could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterCare Community Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight