Intercare Therapy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great work
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2018
Working with kids with autism and other like disorders is very rewarding, but requires patience. I loved this job because you had the variety of working in homes and in schools.
Behavioral Interventionist
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2018
A typical day can be stressful if you have both a school case and work case. Supervision is kept at a minimal. Great experience working with kids on the spectrum. They give you the option to not have a permanent case and simply sub for other people. When subbing you can make about $21/ per hour.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
summer is bad simply because kids are not in school and summer classes are only 4 hours long.
Denver Office Unfriendly to African-American Staff
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Denver County, COMay 11, 2018
The two-week training began with about 10 trainees. By the second week there were 4 and then 3 which required hours of modules and other requirements.
Pros
I liked the three cohorts who were left with me in the two-week training.
Cons
The leaders in the Denver office were PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE.
Productive and fun
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 24, 2018
It's a great company to work, friendly and easy going managers. I just had a bad experience with my last manager which she seemed to have something against me. I never had any problems with any other managers except for her, at the end, after I left the company, she left the company too.
They're an amazing company and do great work...
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2018
It was a fun place to work... Great team and even better families... Management was easily accessible, understanding, helpful and easy to talk to... I love how they wanted you to grow not just within the company but in the field as well...
Rewarding!
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Working for Intercare was great! Loved my clients and my management and human resources all so efficient. I would love to go back and work for Intercare if more hours would be provided.
Awful company culture
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 18, 2018
The supervisors were overworked and unable to provide adequate support to their clients and staff (by no fault of their own). Upper management was only concerned about making money and did not seem to care if their clients received quality services. This leaves supervisors and staff burnt out. Pay was low and it didn't seem that there was room for advancement.
Good company to start your ABA career
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 27, 2017
I worked here as a behavioral interventionist a while back. So far the best company in terms of training in ABA. Very extensive training and it's very detailed which prepares you for what ABA is all about. The downside is they pay way below market rate. I left for a smaller company that offered more per hour. Management was very good the supervisor and BCBA were great.
Pros
great training in ABA
Cons
pay is low, benefits are bad, sessions are held until 8:30 pm which is pretty late for most kids
love this job
Floor Time Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2017
I was given the opportunity to be sent to Virginia for five consecutive years every summer to get trained by Green Span to work with children with disabilities, specially children that are diagnosed with Autism. I provided behavior therapy at school settings and provided social skills at the clinic and floor time therapy at the houses of their students.
Pros
fun loving
Good Experience
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2017
During my time here, I felt very challenged. I realized early on that the job was not meant for me. Although I am a patient person, it was difficult for me. This position really takes a lot of strength and energy on a daily basis. My clients were progressing with their therapy sessions, so I knew I was successful. That was my favorite part! Overall, I learned so much and am glad I had the opportunity.
Great place to work and gain experience.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
Great work environment, the supervisors are always willing to help and support. Gained so much experience with aba therapy. The families were wonderful to work with, it was a very rewarding experience.
CS support
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 25, 2017
Worked independently. Working with the kiddo's in the home was very rewording and fun. CS's were supportive. Monthly meetings were educational. Scheduling department supportive as well. Christmas bonuses!
Home based
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2017
Working at intercare was a great learning experience. Worked providing one on one services for children with special needs in a home based program. Worked a long side supervisors and students family to come up with the best plan to achieve the most out of the student.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mainly home based
Had a blast working with children and families.
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 13, 2017
If you like working with kids and like to implement behavior modification through positive reinforcement, then this job is your goal. Pay is not significant, no benefits from employer during my time working there. Management did not seem to be focused during my stint with company. Fun working environment with individuals with ASD and developmental disabilities.
Great place to work with management that seems to care about you
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Great place to work with management that seems to care about you. Good training program and great people who support you. Took some time to get cases, about 1-2 months before was able to work close to full time.
Beware, they do not live up to their promises from the interview
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2016
Hired three people for the same full time position, was unable to give any of us even part time hours or the promised benefits. Highly not recommended!
Great Support From Supervisors
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2016
There is great support from program managers and clinical supervisors. The clinical directors are also very supportive and easy to talk to. Your opinion on administrative matters or clinical decisions are always taken into account. If you or someone on your team has an issue, supervisors work efficiently to get the issue solved. Considering the demands of the job and the overall field, this is a great place to work and learn. The work itself is very rewarding and everyday there is opportunity to learn something new.
Pros
Flexible hours, great support team, great families, issues solved ASAP
Cons
Compensation, benefits
Flexible work enviornment
In-home Adaptive Skills Case Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2015
ICT provides flexible work schedules and friendly work environment with consistent trainings to improve skills however, compensation is minimal as is room to advance in the company.
Supportive management and rewarding work
BCBA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bay area, CAJune 9, 2015
Intercare therapy is a great place to work! Clinical directors and mangagement are supportive and open to feedback from staff. The company is continually looking for ways to improve evidence based treatment for clients and provide opportunities and training for staff.
Such a rewarding place to work...
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 21, 2015
The best part of this job is the clients and families you get to work with. You help them along through a difficult journey, but it's the best feeling when you reach those milestones and get to celebrate the small victories.

The company itself is awesome. Amazing and extremely helpful and supportive staff, and immediate supervisors are the best I've ever had the privilege of working with.
Pros
Experience, Flexibility
Cons
Long drives, break/lunches are in between clients, compensation