Play YouTube video button

Intercare Therapy Employee Reviews

Featured review
Intercare Therapy selected this as a representative review
Behavior Interventionist
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 1, 2018
I have worked with Intercare Therapy for over 2 years. The staff and team are extremely passionate about their jobs and making sure that myself and all my coworkers are achieving our professional and personal goals. The team meetings each month have been beneficial to increasing my professional knowledge, and the social parties are so fun with lots of prizes. It took me a year to become full-time due to the job style of inconsistency of client hours, but I have gained so much experience working with children of all ages.
Pros
prizes, gas mileage reimbursement, team meetings
Cons
driving
I love working at Intercare Therapy
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2018
I began working at Intercare Therapy in August of 2018. In my time at Intercare, I have found that Intercare emphasizes having a work-life balance and collaboration with colleagues. I also feel that Intercare prioritizes professional and personal growth and they truly want to see you succeed. I would recommend Intercare Therapy to anyone looking for a collaborative, balanced, fun and challenging place to work!
Pros
Collaboration, Supportive Environment, Competitive Pay
Perfect entry level job for psych majors!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 19, 2018
Extremely rewarding. I have been working for Intercare Therapy for 6 months now and I don’t plan to leave anytime soon. This is definitely a perfect job for me. I like the independence, the flexibility, and the communication between us and scheduling. I also like that supervisors are always there if you have a question or concern.
But the best part are the kids! To see that you’re able to partake in their change and see the difference is like nothing else! I’ve never been so comfortable and happy at a job in my life. And this is just entry level! :)
Pros
Paid phone meetings, some paid mileage, able to wear comfortable clothing, different kid age groups
Cons
Better paid mileage, More office meetings.
Fun workplace
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2018
A typical day at work was fun and pleasant
I learned the need for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) and how it impacts our children lives for the future to come.
Management was resourceful
The hardest part of my job was turning down a case due to finances and healthcare coverage carve outs.
The most enjoyable part of my job was consulting with families to establish healthcare coverage and secondary and 3rd party financial assistance
Good for temporary experience
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2018
It's extremely hard to get hours, even if you are hired as full time. Management was alright, it depends on the supervisor for your area. Support and feedback are huge here, but you have to speak up or you won't get anything back. You only get full time benefits if you work consistently 30+ hours a week which is extremely precarious. Pay was not enough. This job is only good if you have other ways to support yourself and like working with kids.
Cons
no benefits, no incentives, low wages
relaxed environment.
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2018
the caseload can range from 2-4 clients if you are a BI. If you are a PM (a masters degree required in a related social service area) you will have a caseload from 8-20 clients.

As a BI (my only experience with the company) I had a school case then I would drive to my 2 home cases. When my kiddo was absent from school, the agency provided coverage opportunities (this way you won't lose hours, the kiddos get their hours in). Mileage and time spent driving is paid from case to case but not home to case or case to home.

I love it so far. Only reason I would leave is better offer.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
limited flexibility for in person school
Great place to work and amazing team!
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2018
I have been at ICT for 1.5 years and have loved it so far! I truly appreciate the team dynamic and feel like I am a part of something big! The families that we serve are very grateful and that make the job well worth it. I would definitely recommend ICT to friends who are looking to make a difference and ones interested in working with an amazing team!
Supportive Environment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
As a supervisor of the company, I have worked in many companies and Intercare has been the most supportive and a great place to work. Supervising both school and home cases can be stressful, but Management is very supportive and are always willing to help, but also make sure to push you enough so that you don't become co-dependent on their assistance :)
Pros
health care benefits, supportive collaborative environment, free lunches at meetings
Cons
salary
Great ABA agency with a collaborative feel.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 15, 2018
Intercare provides a somewhat flexible work environment. For supervisors schedules are more flexible but also require staff to be willing to modify on the go when new priorities or concerns arise. Intercare provides lots of support and encouragement for staff to further their education and professional skills related to ABA. The culture of the company is very friendly and collaborative. The most challenging part of the job would have to be the hours (anywhere from 9 AM to 8:30 pm) and balancing work and personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the amazing work that Intercare staff does to provide client's and their families with quality and meaningful services.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff
Cons
Late/long work hours
Amazing teams and lots of support!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2018
Learning never stops. I love that the supervisors are always a call away and provide continuous support no matter which position level you are in. Parents can be challenging but the kiddos we work with are always worth it!
Quality Employees Recruited, Owners Should Learn more ABA
BCBA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 17, 2018
Intercare recruits quality clinicians and continues to improve. They have an effective and well-organized system. The owner does not necessarily understand behavior analysis at the level that the BCBAs employed expect. Overall, the company has potential.
Pros
Well organized, good system
Cons
Late work hours, low work life balance.

Want to know more about Intercare Therapy?

Ask a question
Excellent Company to work for with tons of room for Advancements!
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2018
This company is passionate about what they do and are passionate about their employees! The work space is so collaborative and you are always encouraged to reach out if you need help.
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
Not enough hours
Behavioral Interventionist
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2018
A typical day can be stressful if you have both a school case and work case. Supervision is kept at a minimal. Great experience working with kids on the spectrum. They give you the option to not have a permanent case and simply sub for other people. When subbing you can make about $21/ per hour.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
summer is bad simply because kids are not in school and summer classes are only 4 hours long.
Outstanding ABA Company; Great Culture; Excellent Experience Overall!
Chief Operating Officer (COO) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2018
I have been working at Intercare for over three years. After being in the field of ABA therapy and working with children with autism for over 9 years total, and working with and being exposed to several ABA companies, I can confidently say that Intercare Therapy is one of the best! I am proud of the great clinical work we do and have found a company I love working for.

The clients are wonderful and our team (clinical and admin) is truly amazing! Intercare does a great job of making all employees feel valued and connected and engaged. The company strives to provide high quality services to their clients and management constantly reaches out, is approachable, and works to constantly improve the company, benefits and employee enjoyment. I love how frequent our team socials are and how much fun we have being together. I am thrilled to be working for a company that does so much good!
Pros
Great culture; frequent reviews; opportunity to grow
Cons
Working with children with autism can sometimes be challenging, work can be stressful, and at times difficult to provide BIs with full time hours.
Behavior Interventionist
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2018
Intensive and informative training. It was hard to get assigned to clients of your own, but they provided sub opportunities in school. Learn a lot from this company.
Great work
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2018
Working with kids with autism and other like disorders is very rewarding, but requires patience. I loved this job because you had the variety of working in homes and in schools.
Productive and fun
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 24, 2018
It's a great company to work, friendly and easy going managers. I just had a bad experience with my last manager which she seemed to have something against me. I never had any problems with any other managers except for her, at the end, after I left the company, she left the company too.
They're an amazing company and do great work...
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2018
It was a fun place to work... Great team and even better families... Management was easily accessible, understanding, helpful and easy to talk to... I love how they wanted you to grow not just within the company but in the field as well...
Awful company culture
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 18, 2018
The supervisors were overworked and unable to provide adequate support to their clients and staff (by no fault of their own). Upper management was only concerned about making money and did not seem to care if their clients received quality services. This leaves supervisors and staff burnt out. Pay was low and it didn't seem that there was room for advancement.
An awesome ABA agency to work for!
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2018
Intercare is a great place to start if you want to enter the field of ABA. The agency provides a good amount of time for training (paid) and encourages hands-on experience right from the start by incorporating shadow sessions. The supervisors and program managers are always there for support and can be easily reached whether by phone, text, or email. To me, great communication and constant support are very important and at Intercare, this is a guarantee. Even the CEO and COO are both easily accessible to all employees. No need to jump through hoops and go up a chain of command as both CEO and COO are only a call/email away. Management is very proactive in making sure voices are heard and is regularly looking for ways to make the company better, not only for its employees, but for the kids and their families as well. Management is also keen on making sure all your hard work doesn't go unnoticed. It shows that the agency truly cares about and values its employees.

Since the time I've been here, I have met such wonderful kids and such wonderful families. Working with children can be tiring, but also very rewarding. The experience is that much better when you've got an awesome ABA agency to work for!
Pros
paid mileage, phone reimbursement, social events, healthcare
Cons
unsteady hours, large time gaps between clients, long hours
Good company to start your ABA career
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 27, 2017
I worked here as a behavioral interventionist a while back. So far the best company in terms of training in ABA. Very extensive training and it's very detailed which prepares you for what ABA is all about. The downside is they pay way below market rate. I left for a smaller company that offered more per hour. Management was very good the supervisor and BCBA were great.
Pros
great training in ABA
Cons
pay is low, benefits are bad, sessions are held until 8:30 pm which is pretty late for most kids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intercare Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.