Play YouTube video button
66Average

Intercare Therapy Employee Reviews

United States74 reviews
Featured review
Intercare Therapy selected this as a representative review
Behavior Interventionist
I have worked with Intercare Therapy for over 2 years. The staff and team are extremely passionate about their jobs and making sure that myself and all my coworkers are achieving our professional and personal goals. The team meetings each month have been beneficial to increasing my professional knowledge, and the social parties are so fun with lots of prizes. It took me a year to become full-time due to the job style of inconsistency of client hours, but I have gained so much experience working with children of all ages.
Pros
prizes, gas mileage reimbursement, team meetings
Cons
driving
Awesome workplace
It was great to work among such great people! They were very flexible and understanding for a student's schedule. They were very professional throughout the whole experience.
Best job I have ever had - wonderful people, culture and rewarding work
Fantastic company culture! Incredibly supportive environment. I feel such great energy the moment I step into the office - the team is very happy, engaged, and motivated, which really motivates me! It's a really exciting time to be at Intercare as they grow and accomplish new milestones!

What sets Intercare apart is that every employee is made to feel important and play a critical role in the company - management makes that mission very clear through their actions. No matter how busy they are, they will always make time to check in with me to see how I'm doing, something I sincerely really appreciate. I can confidently say the best, and most talented, group of individuals I have ever worked with is here at Intercare. Gary Weinhouse (President) and Noni Heller (CEO) are true, passionate leaders who inspire me to be the best I can be.
Great to work with a diverse community
Some days it does get tiring when it comes to traveling between clients, but overall working with them has been really rewarding as it helped me engage with diverse communities. The downside would be the session cancellations which can have an effect on your pay.
Pros
Paid mileage, flexible schedule
Cons
Not getting emails regarding session cancellation in a timely manner
Company makes you feel valued!
Intercare Therapy is my first job in my field that I got straight out of college. All of the staff is very friendly and helpful! Depending on the client, your day can be relaxed to chaotic at times. But you are always supported.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, multiple locations.
Cons
Long drives.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great company to work for!
The company has supportive and flexible managment. I enjoy the variety of cases and the families i get to work with. They also have wonderful company culture.
Pros
Management, work-life balance, company culture
Cons
Family cancellations
Job
Low pay!! It can get stressful at times and mentally draining. Staff is nice and supportive. Great place to get your feet wet in ABA. Then you’ll be able to move on and further your ABA career.
It worth giving it a try
Overall, this company has great support. I’ve learned how to handle difficult situations, but it’s mentally draining. Depending on your kid, it can go either well or bad. If you happen to have a difficult kid, the supervisors are there for you. They really care about you and they are understanding. However, you don’t get paid when your school client is on vacation. That’s the only bad part. But it’s very rewarding seeing your clients improving, because you made the difference in their lives. Program managers and clinical supervisors create the whole program, but it’s YOU who makes the impact. It’s really an awesome feeling! There’s a lot of training, but that’s expected for any other behavioral company. Definitely sign up for this job and give it a try!
Other company’s in the industry pay more
Honestly a good company and good people. Only problem is the pay is way to low in my opinion. The stress you go through and lack of hours during school breaks (LAUSD system). If your client isn’t in school you don’t get paid. If your client’s caregivers cancel session you don’t get paid. They have opportunities for coverage when other interventionist can’t make it to their clients. But honestly it’s not enough.
Amazing support from management, flexible hours, and decent pay
I absolutely have loved working with Intercare. I have had experience with other ABA companies, and this has honestly been the best one. Intercare is organized and includes upper management that is very supportive and understanding.
Pros
Flexible hours, good upper management support
Cons
Summer and holidays cut your hours, can sometimes feel lonely
Great management, not so great hours
Ultimately with any company providing ABA services, your hours as a BI can be wonky because you’re working with the family’s schedules. That sometimes means you’re working an early session, then having a 1-7 hour gap between the next client, which really prevents you from being able to do anything else with your day. Aside from the scheduling issues, ICT is a great company to work for! Management is very involved in making sure both you and your client(s) are succeeding.
Worst company by far
This company doesn’t care about lower level employees Their scheduling department is the worst and makes many errors while blaming their errors on you
Great company and the BCBA your superiors are very willing to help and support you.
Steady work and they help with furthering your education. You work with children on ASD with behavioral problems. The supervise are there to help you with problems that may arise.
Be flexible
Time management and flexibilty must he kept in mind by corporate. Time changes, traffic changes, balance in employee mental health state needed daily. Healthy employee will help things run. Model employees excel in different ways and for different reasons. Education is not always on paper but lived and learned and understood. Certified.
fun working environment
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the growth within yourself and the client. a typical day with the company includes you working at a designated school assisting one kiddo with their daily functions and a later shift aprox 3 hours in a home setting working on skills designed after being assessed by clinical team.
Best company to work for
I’ve been with Intercare for a few months and I love it here. Management gives and receives feedback constantly and training is incredibly comprehensive. The only negative thing is frequent client cancellations so the pay isn’t great, but the work is incredibly rewarding!
Fun and meaningful work
I loved working with the kids at Intercare Therapy. Further, my supervisors and support staff were great. The only downside was having to work afternoons/weekends and drive a lot.
Great Company
Great place to work, diverse staff and potential for growth. I started as a Behavioral Therapist and was promoted within 10 months to clinical superviso.
Learned a lot
This was a great experience for me, I learned a lot and it led me into a masters program! Great starting position for me, I would recommend this for anyone getting started in the field.
many training opportunites, high energy, dedicated staff
They provided great training for those beginning their career in behavior intervention. The staff I worked with were very knowledgeable and willing to help me when I needed extra training or ideas on how to work with a client. The hours were not sufficient for me to make a living wage, but I know there was room for advancement. You have to be dedicated and have energy to work with clients. I learned so much and this company cares about ensuring the clients are getting their services met. You get to know your client(s) as the months pass by and as a beginner in BI I became more familiar with how to work with my client. I disliked the driving back and forth and the low hours at first.
Good place to start your career
Overall it was a good company to get experience and exposure. Some management staff sucked and we're not supportive and others were excellent! Hours were pretty good when you had a full caseload and most of the families were great to work with. It could be challenging based on the severity of the client but it was a good way to learn how to modify behaviors and work through challenges. My initial manager, who left the company for a better position, was excellent and did not interfere much with my session but the manager that replaced her was difficult and even the families I worked with did not like her. The pay was pretty decent and middle school cases were the best because of the short days and the students were fun.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intercare Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.