Play YouTube video button

Intercare Therapy Employee Reviews

Featured review
Intercare Therapy selected this as a representative review
Behavior Interventionist
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 1, 2018
I have worked with Intercare Therapy for over 2 years. The staff and team are extremely passionate about their jobs and making sure that myself and all my coworkers are achieving our professional and personal goals. The team meetings each month have been beneficial to increasing my professional knowledge, and the social parties are so fun with lots of prizes. It took me a year to become full-time due to the job style of inconsistency of client hours, but I have gained so much experience working with children of all ages.
Pros
prizes, gas mileage reimbursement, team meetings
Cons
driving
relaxed environment.
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2018
the caseload can range from 2-4 clients if you are a BI. If you are a PM (a masters degree required in a related social service area) you will have a caseload from 8-20 clients.

As a BI (my only experience with the company) I had a school case then I would drive to my 2 home cases. When my kiddo was absent from school, the agency provided coverage opportunities (this way you won't lose hours, the kiddos get their hours in). Mileage and time spent driving is paid from case to case but not home to case or case to home.

I love it so far. Only reason I would leave is better offer.
Pros
work on your own
Cons
limited flexibility for in person school
Great ABA agency with a collaborative feel.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 15, 2018
Intercare provides a somewhat flexible work environment. For supervisors schedules are more flexible but also require staff to be willing to modify on the go when new priorities or concerns arise. Intercare provides lots of support and encouragement for staff to further their education and professional skills related to ABA. The culture of the company is very friendly and collaborative. The most challenging part of the job would have to be the hours (anywhere from 9 AM to 8:30 pm) and balancing work and personal life. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the amazing work that Intercare staff does to provide client's and their families with quality and meaningful services.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff
Cons
Late/long work hours
Supportive Environment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
As a supervisor of the company, I have worked in many companies and Intercare has been the most supportive and a great place to work. Supervising both school and home cases can be stressful, but Management is very supportive and are always willing to help, but also make sure to push you enough so that you don't become co-dependent on their assistance :)
Pros
health care benefits, supportive collaborative environment, free lunches at meetings
Cons
salary
Amazing teams and lots of support!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2018
Learning never stops. I love that the supervisors are always a call away and provide continuous support no matter which position level you are in. Parents can be challenging but the kiddos we work with are always worth it!
Outstanding ABA Company; Great Culture; Excellent Experience Overall!
Chief Operating Officer (COO) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2018
I have been working at Intercare for over three years. After being in the field of ABA therapy and working with children with autism for over 9 years total, and working with and being exposed to several ABA companies, I can confidently say that Intercare Therapy is one of the best! I am proud of the great clinical work we do and have found a company I love working for.

The clients are wonderful and our team (clinical and admin) is truly amazing! Intercare does a great job of making all employees feel valued and connected and engaged. The company strives to provide high quality services to their clients and management constantly reaches out, is approachable, and works to constantly improve the company, benefits and employee enjoyment. I love how frequent our team socials are and how much fun we have being together. I am thrilled to be working for a company that does so much good!
Pros
Great culture; frequent reviews; opportunity to grow
Cons
Working with children with autism can sometimes be challenging, work can be stressful, and at times difficult to provide BIs with full time hours.
Excellent Company to work for with tons of room for Advancements!
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2018
This company is passionate about what they do and are passionate about their employees! The work space is so collaborative and you are always encouraged to reach out if you need help.
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
Not enough hours
Behavior Interventionist
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2018
Intensive and informative training. It was hard to get assigned to clients of your own, but they provided sub opportunities in school. Learn a lot from this company.
Quality Employees Recruited, Owners Should Learn more ABA
BCBA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 17, 2018
Intercare recruits quality clinicians and continues to improve. They have an effective and well-organized system. The owner does not necessarily understand behavior analysis at the level that the BCBAs employed expect. Overall, the company has potential.
Pros
Well organized, good system
Cons
Late work hours, low work life balance.
Great work
Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 5, 2018
Working with kids with autism and other like disorders is very rewarding, but requires patience. I loved this job because you had the variety of working in homes and in schools.
Behavioral Interventionist
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2018
A typical day can be stressful if you have both a school case and work case. Supervision is kept at a minimal. Great experience working with kids on the spectrum. They give you the option to not have a permanent case and simply sub for other people. When subbing you can make about $21/ per hour.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
summer is bad simply because kids are not in school and summer classes are only 4 hours long.
Productive and fun
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 24, 2018
It's a great company to work, friendly and easy going managers. I just had a bad experience with my last manager which she seemed to have something against me. I never had any problems with any other managers except for her, at the end, after I left the company, she left the company too.
They're an amazing company and do great work...
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2018
It was a fun place to work... Great team and even better families... Management was easily accessible, understanding, helpful and easy to talk to... I love how they wanted you to grow not just within the company but in the field as well...
Rewarding!
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Working for Intercare was great! Loved my clients and my management and human resources all so efficient. I would love to go back and work for Intercare if more hours would be provided.
Awful company culture
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 18, 2018
The supervisors were overworked and unable to provide adequate support to their clients and staff (by no fault of their own). Upper management was only concerned about making money and did not seem to care if their clients received quality services. This leaves supervisors and staff burnt out. Pay was low and it didn't seem that there was room for advancement.
Good company to start your ABA career
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 27, 2017
I worked here as a behavioral interventionist a while back. So far the best company in terms of training in ABA. Very extensive training and it's very detailed which prepares you for what ABA is all about. The downside is they pay way below market rate. I left for a smaller company that offered more per hour. Management was very good the supervisor and BCBA were great.
Pros
great training in ABA
Cons
pay is low, benefits are bad, sessions are held until 8:30 pm which is pretty late for most kids
love this job
Floor Time Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2017
I was given the opportunity to be sent to Virginia for five consecutive years every summer to get trained by Green Span to work with children with disabilities, specially children that are diagnosed with Autism. I provided behavior therapy at school settings and provided social skills at the clinic and floor time therapy at the houses of their students.
Pros
fun loving
Good Experience
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2017
During my time here, I felt very challenged. I realized early on that the job was not meant for me. Although I am a patient person, it was difficult for me. This position really takes a lot of strength and energy on a daily basis. My clients were progressing with their therapy sessions, so I knew I was successful. That was my favorite part! Overall, I learned so much and am glad I had the opportunity.
Great place to work and gain experience.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
Great work environment, the supervisors are always willing to help and support. Gained so much experience with aba therapy. The families were wonderful to work with, it was a very rewarding experience.
CS support
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 25, 2017
Worked independently. Working with the kiddo's in the home was very rewording and fun. CS's were supportive. Monthly meetings were educational. Scheduling department supportive as well. Christmas bonuses!
Home based
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2017
Working at intercare was a great learning experience. Worked providing one on one services for children with special needs in a home based program. Worked a long side supervisors and students family to come up with the best plan to achieve the most out of the student.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mainly home based

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intercare Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about