Intercontinental Capital Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Excellent pay! Flexible hours!

Featured review

Intercontinental Capital Group selected this as a representative review
ICG has a lot of strengths for a mortgage company. Remote work and flexibility. They provide all the leads. There is room to improve the systems and workflow. We’re a growing company and our VP has our best interest in the forefront of his mind. The Troy Michigan Branch is awesome!!

Pros

Flexible hours and ability to work weekends.

Cons

Benefits are a little expensive and 401K doesn’t get company match which is disappointing.

Please read all reviews before accepting a position with this company. We are telling the truth. We are very talented and educated people.

We are all aware that great job start with good leadership right? The management was horrendous at this company. No willingness to address questions or help assist customer. Would constantly be ignored and expected to close loans. I often sought help from my peers to get the help I needed. I received a bunch of compliments from customers and won various awards but in the end it wasnt enough for them.There was numerous questions about the payout of loans and overtime constantly. Our job ended with a 5 minute zoom call muted. Very gangsta very unprofessional.

Pros

The customers.

Cons

Management k, b, a are horrible. No interdepartmental help, Underwriters blow up loans and put customers through uneccesary hurdles to close their loan, and You taking a huge life risk if you accept a job with this company.!

my supervisor's support, little to no micromanaging compensation/bonus (when there were files flowing) bad - the way loans were assigned

I was lucky enough to have a Supervisor that actually cared about the success of his team and growth development. Company making change for the better

Pros

Compensation/bonus opportunities

Cons

Organization within the company/processes/roles and leadership.

Disorganized Mess w/ Constant Layoffs

*NO positive feedback - only motivation is to keep your job*In 3 months over 100 layoffs *Lack of clear leadership*Unrealistic expectations*Inexperienced management*Micromanaging to the point of being counterproductive *Lack of direction, organization, policies and procedures

Pros

Flexibility/Home Life Balance Pay

Cons

See my review

Terrible communication

Management is the real problem with this company. Little training is provided to newcomers and team leads and managers are never available OR willing to help- they delegate all problems to another person who usually doesn’t know what to do.

Pros

Remote, flexible hours

Cons

little real involvement from management, You either find a way to get answers or your drowning because managers aren’t going to help

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Work somewhere else. You will be wasting your time working here.

I was hired over a year ago with a large group of other processors because the company was “rapidly growing”. The training was a joke & they expected you to learn everything on your own. It was highly frowned upon to ask our supervisors multiple questions. We we’re expected to know how to do our job and go to other coworkers who also did not get proper training for the answers. Since I have been employed there, there were 4 major layoffs, due to “dropping loan volume”. They give you a monthly goal every month and I met every goal that was given. This apparently wasn’t enough. This is the greediest company that I have ever worked for. When I first started despite the terrible training, I was excited to be apart of IGC because of the said family like culture and what they said they stood for. I soon found out this was all a lie. You never knew when you would be the next to go. I have seen amazing people be let go. (Not just processors) for no reason. No matter how well you did. Please do yourself a favor and pick ANY other mortgage company to work for. ICG should be ashamed.

Reconsider!

I worked for this company for a little over a year before I was placed in a zoom meeting and let go along with 56 other people right before Thanksgiving Holiday. The company started off rocky with lack of proper training but I had a lead that was extremely helpful. I was then placed on a “special team” and things went down hill. The lack of training was horrible, management was too busy in meeting to resolve issues which made me rely on coworkers for assistance on loans. The process was inconsistent and forever changing. The company implemented a monthly goal but they couldn’t explain how the goal was set and it was given in the middle of the month (normally around 10th or 15th) with an expected completion date in time for funding (normally a week or so later). The benefits are horrible as they don’t pay into your 401K or insurance. The health insurance for a family is high ($800 a pay period) and that’s with a high deductible and copay. Your hard work is not valued and customers are normally upset off due to LO saying anything to get the sale, UW adding new conditions every time you submit and your manager refusing to take the calls. They also had a data breach with a title company and refused to tell the truth to customers and we waited over a month for FAQ to tell customers what was the delay in their loan. This company is the true definition of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Pros

Remote without connecting to hard internet line do you can work anywhere with WiFi.

Cons

Horrible benefits Lack of training

Remote position is great. Company hired a lot of employees and now is laying everyone off. No support, no training.

No support from leads or management. Too many people working on each loan which slows the process down. No room for advancement, you are lucky to work there for over a year as they layoff large groups of people every month. They bring in new employees for less pay and lay off tenured, well producing employees. No 401k match, health benefits are terrible and very expensive. No training beyond initial hiring. Loan processors are treated very badly by management.

Work hard

They care more about the numbers. Hold weekly and sometimes daily meetings to solely go over production. Rules and guidelines constantly changing. A lot of "learn it on your own" mentality there. Pays well though

They pay for your license

If you want to get a company to pay for your licenses and then leave it’s a good idea, otherwise don’t do it. They say they’ll do trainings but they almost never happen.

Pros

Free licenses

Cons

Everything else

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere

This was by far the worst work experience in my 30 yr sales career. I was hired in last fall and got my licenses issued in January. Once licensed I was all but on my own to learnt the systems and how to sell loans. To the point that my direct supervisor didn’t have any contact with me for the first 3 weeks of employment. The training is less than supportive for sure. Then in the spring of this year they loaded off 109 loan officers in one group meeting. They then reduced marketing to the point they gave us a week off paid ( I never got paid) try I got to get that Dept in order. They announced we were going to start locking loans for 45 days instead of 75 yes 75 days to lock and still couldn’t get processing Dept working loans. Some loans would set for a month or more without any work on it at all. Average closing time was 6 mths. So yes most of the loans written never made it to close. I highly recommend not considering this company.

Decent pay but an unpleasant place to work

Base pay + commission was good when the business was thriving. However, that is not the case anymore. Company grew too fast and did not have a training program in place. It's sink or swim. Sales are never enough and the constant conference calls pushing, pushing for more left everyone feeling like they were garbage. Loans typically took 90+ days to close. Turn times have improved recently but still average 45-60 days. They stopped purchasing leads and then management complained sales were down. They are firing large groups of people on a 3 minute conference calls due to workforce reduction yet they are still hiring. I've always been appreciated at other jobs I worked for and have a high customer satisfaction rating. My experience here has been stressful and unfortunately, an unpleasant one.

Pros

Base pay + Commission

Cons

Stressful work environment

Don’t bother

They can’t close loans. 3-5 months in and loans still just sit there. They have no idea what they’re doing. Upper management is the entire problem. This is a revolving door company.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Incompetent upper management

Run.

They only car about the money they will make. They have no support system, do not pay you what they say they will for work you do, will cut your pay with an email. Set goals you can’t make because they will not give you the amount of loans needed to make it. I loved this company and quickly realized they were not what they said. I left asap and a month later they let 60+ people go in a team’s meeting with microphones and video disabled. Horrible company. Do not work here

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything else

This company does not care.

They do not care about employees.The benefits are so expensive, no 401k match at all.They let go over 100 random employees without notice or severance. Run away your job will not be secure.. they made excuses and even told us our jobs were safer and a week later they scheduled a meeting 10 mins before letting us go.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Healthcare, no 401k match, stressful with not enough resources, terrible training. The list goes on…

Train wreck

Worked here for a year and they just laid off employees because we were over staffed. They never gave a warning and sent us an invite to the meeting 30mins before it started. The woman who gave the news muted everyone so no one could say anything. HR refused to come into the meeting and WE had to email them for next steps. They deactivated everything as soon as the call ended. But then also said we could keep working till the 12. I, like everyone else who got laid off, gave more than a year of our lives working for this company talking up how nice it was and they completely disregarded if you were a good employee or not. Our production was low and instead of looking for alternatives they just decided to let go of so many hard working people with families, children without notice. Once the two new ladies got added to our department it all went down hill FAST. These people don’t care about you and you are just a number to them. These people will expect you to meet a minimum requirement of 10 loans a month but our department has 2 for each processor for weeks. They never tried to help us and they never had a plan to fix the production issue. We waited months to hear from them on how things would change to help our production and they kept telling us “next week” for months and then let go of great employees. Now they’re pressuring current employees to hurry up cause they can’t Keep up with low amount of people. Completely unprofessional.

Pros

Wfh

Terrible company

This company could care less about its employees. They told us for months that they were going to change some things around but no one was going to be let go. Today a large group of us were let go with 2 days notice.

Pros

Remote work

Run away

If I could give -0 I would, this company promises you things that never came through (ex. Training). Loan officer barely did anything it all came down to a loan processor to do it all and if you didn’t you would get criticized for it. Company kept hiring even after the business was slowing down and let go most the people that got hired a year ago. There benefits are super expensive that are not worth it at all.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Benefits, no training, no raise

Absolutely No Structure

All the way to the top management is horrible. They make it clear that you are just a number. Does not care to celebrate your wins as a team. Do not recommend

Pros

Wfh

Easy Place to Work

ICG has been an easy place to work. They provide support to help you structure and price loans. They also provide coaching on how to close a deal. I enjoy the flexibility in my schedule if I ever have an unexpected circumstance pop up. Leads are provided, but after a while you're just following up on stale leads.

Pros

Schedule Flexibility

Cons

Limited Leads

Do not work here

This company was great to work for in the beginning but they lead you on. They do not know how to keep staff. In the end let go many people all at once. Steer clear.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intercontinental Capital Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6