Intercontinental Exchange Employee Reviews

Exceptional company to work and grow with
Sr QA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2019
The technology sector of the company is so robust. It has many different facets where you can experience every form of software development. The CTO expects the highest standards of software delivered to it's customers. Every aspect of the company understands that it's software and the teams that support it is their core business.
System Operations
System Operations Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2019
Great management and team, good work culture, and ability to advance. I have been an employee at Intercontinental Exchange for over two years and have had an overall good experience.
Productive work place.
Data Center technician (Current Employee) –  Boxborough, MAApril 24, 2019
Daily interaction to external and internal customers. Customers include;
Network Team.
Windows team.
Data Center Operations Team.
Facilities Team.
To review the ticketing system and resolve any incidents or work requests.
Learned to rack IT equipment, to run cables, to configure servers, to repair and upgrade servers.
Management was always available for questions and to provide positive reinforcement for any questions.
Hardest part of the job was to accept that we not always were going to correct issues without assistance from other teams.
To interact with personnel who had knowledge to transfer to our team and make us better.
Pros
First class benefits and compensation.
Dream job if you desire no work/life balance, flexibility, progression, career development..
Operations Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 14, 2019
You are simply a cog in a complex machine. If you go to work with the expectation that you are just a machine required to do the job at hand, you will love it there.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Weekend work
Great Company
Market Surveillance Assistant - ICE Futures U.S (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2019
I worked at ICE for over 20 years full time. Great environment to work., People are very collaborative and managers work closely to make sure work is recognized.

Great Benefits
-Very Fast Paced
-Great Management Teams
-Lots of Growth and Opportunities
Unpleasant 3 year's
Senior Supervisor - Tape Management & Shipping (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MA 01730April 9, 2019
I do not have any pleasant things to say about ICE! I ended up working for them because they purchased my previous company.
At that point in time, we realized we were a redundant part of the company that would not be around long!
When we were let go, it was without an exit interview and nothing was explained to us regarding COBRA coverage and how we would go about signing up for it.
Sadly, my feeling is they don't concern themselves with employees once they're gone, regardless of the length of their tenure with the company.
Okay place to work; not much employee empowerment
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2019
ICE is a successful powerful company but is severely lacking in its empowerment of its employees. It needs to pay more attention to how it treats and values its employees to retain valuable talent.
CFTC and SEC investigation shall continue
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 26, 2019
The fraternity atmosphere of the organization was completely toxic. Get some experience, don't bend over for anyone, collect your bonus, then search for a company that truly invest in the health of the employee/company.
Pros
There are no positive experiences to recall
Cons
There are no positive experiences to recall
Great compay/wrong fit
Reports Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2019
Company is an excellent place....for the right person. Personally, I did not feel this was a good fit. I found the personal connections lacking at the company. Not to say they were non-existent, I just didn't experience it.Overall, a very solid, financially rewarding and nice place to work....other than building friendships.
Pros
Compensation package, facilities
Cons
Personal connection with colleagues
Typical office/payroll setting
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30328February 7, 2019
A typical day at work was processing payroll into the Workday system as well as administrative tasks involving standard office equipment. The office setting was quiet and respectful.
Pros
Work/life balance was ok
Cons
Working from home was not permitted
Pleasant work place environment
Engineer - Storage Engineering (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2019
IT Environment is pleasant and friendly place to work. Sometimes the hours can get long, but usually slows back down after a while. No Remote work allowed.
Ok place to work for
Systems Engineering (Current Employee) –  GADecember 13, 2018
Busy, sometime dysfunctional due to all the acquisitions. Too many groups doing the same type of work; should probably be rolled up into smaller silos.
interesting place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2018
Numbers driven with little room for process improvement. They tend to promote from within which is a good thing. Seems that the contractors are held more accountable for the work than the full-time employees.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
no process improvement
They Do Not Promote From Within
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
They hire employees for a specific purpose and most stay in that role for the length of their career at ICE. When management positions become available, they hire from the outside.
If you do not like team environment. this is the place
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
No work-life environment.
No open mind management
Do not foster innovation
Toxic environment created by middle managers
Management do not foster team building
Fast Pace and Challenging Environment
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2018
A typical day at work included monitoring the ServiceNow queue and ensured tickets are claimed and completed in a timely manner.
Working at ICE I learned a myriad network of security practices implemented in this organization. The culture is friendly and professional. The hardest part of the job was to deal with micromanagement. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with the most recent technology in the IT industry.
Pros
Free snacks and the opportunity to work with the latest technology.
Cons
Micromanagement
Review - My Experience at Intercontinental Exchange.
Research Analyst - CEP Reporting, Spreadsheets VBA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Overall a nice place to get up and come to work everyday. Good management with staff meetings and feedback allowing freedom to express creative ideas and problem solving issues. Nice atmosphere, friendly people. I enjoyed the fact that I was able work with minimal supervision and creative input.
Pros
Cons
Not much chance of mobility upward
Payroll Department has a high turned over As well as Accounts Payable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
This company does not treat people well. I know an employee who worked there six years and they overnighted her personal items to her house.

Blatant bias in the HR department . Upper management has no shame with the FAVORITISM.
Pros
Cons
Backstabbing, Cliquish and TOXIC ENVIRONMENT
Payroll Department. HIGH TURNOVER
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
This is what I observed. Most of the Sr managers and directors exhibit blatant favoritism and discrimination , so if you're not in the favored group, you will be fired.

I worked in the payroll group, enjoyed the time working with someone from NY, the other person in payroll is a Heavy smoker and was not to friendly. The payroll manager was nice but sometimes she can be short.

The workload was not enough for the payroll team. Overall the company was okay. I did learned a lot from the person from NY and the manager. I now have my payroll certification.
Pros
Office supplies
Cons
BLatant favoritism and discrimination- No telecommuting
Productive Work Environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2018
I have been at Intercontinental Exchange for a long time and have seen numerous changes. A typical day at work is very busy and stressful.Lots of complex applications and interesting work
Great benefits and stock plan
Fast paced work environment and lots of learning opportunities.
Pros
Learned alot working at the company
Cons
It was had to find many a negatives except for communications, and maybe disseminating of data, ideas when interacting with other groups in a different time zones, however one is always able to resolve and miscommunications.