InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,020 reviews matching the search See all 2,361 reviews
IHG Negative Culture
Guest Relations-Rewards Club Case Manager (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCNovember 15, 2018
At first the job was one I'd planned on retiring from, however, the
culture of some employees and Team Managers made the environment one of watch-your-back. The environment became
toxic to one's self-worth, especially asking the employees to give their all after announcing that our jobs were being terminated to go over seas half way through the year. I learned several computer systems in my position, which enabled me to assist our Members & guests
with any issues they had with hotels, reservations, reservation agents
on a a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was trying to assist
people who were extremely rude, used profanity, and those who
felt privileged. Or working with associates company-wide who acted as if we were fighting against them. I'd say 80% of the job I enjoyed was helping our customers who appreciated me being able to help
them, and even when I couldn't but appreciated my efforts anyway.
Pros
Interacting with people all over the world, decent pay.
Cons
Feeling under/unappreciated for the job
Good place to work overall
Senior Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
Friendly and supportive workplace culture
Company shows appreciation of employees throughout the year with special events.
Great office space updated completely in 2018
Pros
Work - Life Balance, Great Benefits, Discounted Hotel Rates
Cons
Minimal vacation days offered during 1st 5 years, lack of career growth opportunities
Learning New Aspects of Business
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJNovember 12, 2018
A day at InterContinental was a great challenge at times whether dealing with deadlines with group sales or revenue management reports needing to be sent to the corporate office it was learning new things that made the day exciting.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of professionalism with some managerial staff.
Consistant hours
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TennesseeNovember 11, 2018
If you are looking for a steady paycheck this would be beneficial for someone interested. Hours are always available for front desk agents. Peak season can be stressful.
Pros
Full time hours available
Cons
No benefits
Nice place to work
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 7, 2018
Not much to say. I feel like I have answered most things about IHG with the questions that were asked. The job was okay and my team members were great.
InterContinental Hotels Group is fantastic place to work.
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 7, 2018
This is the only jobs I stay and become comfortable. I will work here forever if the company stays in Utah. I have been working here going 11 years. They announce the lay odd last June and they are so good to give us time
to look for a job. Other company just lay you off and give you a week . Severance package is given for those employee that will stay until Nov 30.
Pros
Hotel Benefits is great
Cons
A little bit relax so you tend not to work hard.
Good Company, Bad Location
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXNovember 7, 2018
Personally I can't speak for other hotels but the management under this specific hotel is disrespectful and relies too much on favoritism and doesn't let hard working people advance but hold them back
Pros
Free Breakfast
Very Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 7, 2018
I loved working at IHG, it was fun and the training you rec'v daily helps provide you with the tools you need to have a very prosperous day. The company spared no expense when it came to spoiling their employees. We had lunches, breakfasts, DJ's, barbecues, games, talent shows etc.
Pros
They fed us all the time
Cons
There are none.
Good place to be at
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
A great company to work for. I cannot think of any cons, especially in the property I was in. I had to quit due to relocation purposes as I had an opportunity to join another property within a great market.
Workplace Bullying
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
Left the company because I could not support a leadership that was offensive and abusive. This employer supports workplace bullying by its leaders. There is a persistent pattern of mistreatment by the leadership within the HR Department. A typical day at work is filled hostility, that includes psychological abuse and humiliation.
It was good and bad
Customer Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  West Valley City SLCRONovember 3, 2018
The pay, especially for a high school student was nice. However, call centers are brutal and for the training part, it is very strict. The hours are set and you couldn't really choose when you'd be trained.
Pros
Great coworkers and environment
Cons
job was hard if you aren't used to call centers
Would've been a great place to work
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 2, 2018
But they decided to go overboard on all the raises and instead of doing right by everyone they let the Sup's determine what everyone was going to get instead of basing off of performance - basically if your Sup liked you - your raises were NICE! But if your Sup didn't like you - you got nothing.
Most Fun Job I Ever Had
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 29, 2018
Loved this job and the management and the guests! I worked with an amazing team of people. The guests were happy and I actually met some life long friends!
A good place to gain experience
Guest Relation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2018
It is a good company to gain some experience but its lack of training and develop opportunities. The environment is very nice and direct managers are very accessible.
Pros
free food
Cons
work-life balance
good place to work
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2018
I really liked working for this company. I started at the bottom and ended up winning supervisor of the quarter and supervisor of the year! I had areally good manager who was supportive of me.
Break room
sales specialist and assist agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 23, 2018
It was good Job just sad they out sourced our jobs. I learned leaderships skills and I am is certified. I also learned about hotels and reservations, and helped others with the polices for the hotels.
Very productive yet fun environment
Team Manager Reservations (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 22, 2018
The people here at IHG are very helpful, knowledgeable and caring. The atmosphere is conducive to success. There are so many opportunities for growth and development.
great people and good company
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  IntercontenintalOctober 21, 2018
Took inbound calls from regular guests who stayed in our hotels all over the world. Fast paced business. Learned many new sales strategies, operating systems that we used to do our jobs. Many types of people of races, religion and sexual preference (same sex relationships) and we worked well together. Hardest part of the job was meeting the target with our partners with Ambassador enrollments and transfers to HVC. Most enjoyable was working with all the great people in our company.
Pros
good company benefits, chance to travel
Cons
company chose to outsorce
Stressful workplace with inexperienced managers.
Server / Bartender (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2018
Great benefits, work life balance. Management isn’t always held accountable for their actions and questionable judgment with situations dealing with servers, bartenders etc.
Pros
Great Benefits and Work/ Life balance
Cons
Inexperienced Management
Had fun working there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2018
It was a good job I was still working there but I have to move on and I going to find me a good job another housekeeper job I am going to do good there
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.1K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

89%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss