InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,065 reviews matching the search See all 2,453 reviews
Typical Call Center
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 20, 2019
The environment was typical of a call center but better than most. The corporate leadership made decisions that made success difficult for lower-level employees. Moving the contact centers offshore and laying off hundreds of people was a nice touch.
Good place to gain experience and exposure
IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2019
Overall, IHG is a good place to work, with plenty of opportunity to gain exposure to a broad range of technologies and initiatives. The company also does a great job in respecting work/life balance. However, for the ambitious, opportunities to advance are few and far between.
Overall average place to work
Business Travel Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2019
There is nothing special about working with IHG. Your experience will solely depend on the hotel you work at, some are better than other. Benefits are average and they don't change with the work force strategies.
Pros
Free Lunch, great advancement
Cons
Are not flexible with the new styles of work, to much of corporate involved and they are not in the area. Micro managers
Spa
Front Desk Concierge (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2019
The spa is where I worked. I did not like the management because although it is located inside the hotel, it is owned by a private owner. The owners lease the space, so the owner at the time had our checks bounced.
Productive, Fun environment with gym, gameroom convience store in breakroom
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2019
▪ Handle all facets of establishing hotel reservations at any of the IHG hotels globally by utilizing strong interpersonal and customer service skills, excellent verbal and communication skills, and the ability to quickly navigate web pages
Key Accomplishments: New Hire Training Assistant, Voice Reservations Sales Agent, PAL Reservation Sales Agent, HCV Ambassador, Attended Leading U Leadership Program, Team Change Champion, Team Trainer & Mentor, Marathon Charleston Champion Elite
Pros
Hotel Discounts, Several Employee Events Yearly
Cons
selling other products after reservations made
IHG is a good company to work for
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 16, 2019
I spent my day on the phone and working on cases I had in my box. I handled escalated calls. I learned a lot while working with IHG. The Workplace culture was to help everyone grow and succeed. They offered many perks like bringing in food often to thank us for our work and dedication. They also gave out many rewards when we would achieve the required metrics. I enjoyed working at IHG.
IHG Lagos is a good place to work, the building, the environment are fascinating. Being the tallest hotel in West Africa with over 300 rooms.
Hotel Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  LagosFebruary 13, 2019
It's a good place, with good and competent team around you. As a Duty Manager, making decision on certain customer complain was interest and a good following up spirit.
Learn with fun
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  三亚市February 9, 2019
Its was a great fun working in the hotel. Management are too good towards there staffs . They are very helpful towards there staffs and the good part of the hotel provide good learning techniques to the new staffs.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Health care, shorts break
Poor place to work
Banquet Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2019
The hotel as a hotel is nice,the problem there is the poor management,the put a lot of pressure to all the workers ,on general I do not recommend this place at all
Pros
Nothing is free on that place
stress work
Chef (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2019
stressful job. I have no time to take care of my study. No time for your hobby. I am leaving this job because I want to complete my degree while working for living.
No life/work balance
Associate (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 30, 2019
management only cares about reaching goals and get their bonuses. They do not care about their employees, they just want them to work long hours. we are always short staffed and we are expected to cover for others without any incentive.
Truly enjoyed
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJanuary 29, 2019
I truly enjoyed the time I had with the Company. Majority of the people who work and stayed with the hotel where Nice, Welcoming, Kind-hearted overall good people. I guess it's the interviews they keep the family Growning.
Pros
Family oriented, Management cares
Cons
Very big company nice hotel
Housekeeping/laundry (Former Employee) –  11TH KELLOG SAINT PAUL MNJanuary 28, 2019
A lot the house keepers were complaning about them being treated un fairly. The job was ok could have been a little better with communication I just dont like being on call due to bills etc.
Pros
Free food, Nice hotel
Cons
Some people feel they wasnt treated fairly
a very enjoyable ten years with the company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  all urban hotelsJanuary 28, 2019
in ten years with the company i did one re-branding and three new hotel opening .
I learn a lot of opening hotels ,so i became an expert in new openings.
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
a very systematic company
awesome workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 25, 2019
I learn many things as being a supervisor I learn my duties and tasks what my manager look for me to completely with my shift the management was awesome the hardest part of my job is to satisfy the guest and try my best to solve the problems they are having.
Pros
meals
Cons
breaks
Evolving Environment
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2019
There's a lot of new leadership, so the environment is evolving. There is a strong ambition to be a leading company in the hospitality industry. There is still a lot of change going on.
very warming place to work with others
waitress assistance (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2019
working at intercontinental hotel was fun and cooperative with others. serving the customer and make them happy was my first priority. I was very flexible when the company need me.
I enjoyed my job
Maintenance House Person (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473January 15, 2019
The hardest part of my job was running up and own three flights of stairs with carrying over a 100 pounds every day, I enjoy my job and I love my team.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Running up and down stairs all day
The opportunity presented here was great and offered exactly what I needed at the moment. Similar to McDonald's, employees will experience repitition
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2019
The benefits here truly varies from location to location. While some offered a focus on the business with little to no attention to the employees, others offer the opposite.
Pros
There are no pros to speak of
Cons
The cons found in here are tremendous. Essentially, while everyone is hanging out, you are working.
Excellent
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 11, 2019
This company created an exciting environment to work in, you worked but had fun at the same time. They gave us plenty of activities to do while getting work done.
Pros
Had Employee activities every month
Cons
Some leaders made it difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.2K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

89%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss