InterContinental Hotels Group Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for, sad the call center is closing.
Reservation Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 19, 2018
Great Company to work for, sad the call center is closing. Good benefits and flexible work hours. Management staff is supportive and cares about the employees.
Stressful Work Environment, Poor Culture , Favortism
Events Staff (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
Stressful work environment with favoritism of employees if you buy coffee for upper management and do favors . The culture is lacking empathy and upper management only praises certain employees constantly
Cons
45 Hour Work Week Plus Mandatory Break
Wonderful Company to work for, room for advancement, travel
Communication & Services Coordinator, HHI (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
I loved my time working for InterContinental Hotels. I worked primarily in hotel, food and beverage operations. I had the opportunity to extend a welcoming customer experience. I enjoyed helping guests feel comfortable in the hotel and informing them of points of interest in the city of Atlanta. I loved meeting and forming relationships with people from all over the world, many of whom were repeat guests. The time I spent in the North American Headquarters for IHG, I enjoyed providing support to hotel owners and operators. I operated a multi-line telephone support system in which I was able to determine the needs of the caller and decide best how to handle their support requests. I was quickly promoted to a coordinator position supporting the hotel operators in the Holiday Inn family of hotels. I maintained the budget for this department as well as provided administrative support to the Director of Training and Management. I left this position following the birth of my first child to focus on raising my child and supporting my husband in his work endeavors.
Pros
Wonderful benefits, exciting work environment
Cons
No onsite child care
Reason for release
Guest Relations Case Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2018
This was the best job I had ever had. I had a discrepancy with a new manager over a policy issue. I was terminated because the manager stated I did not follow the guest's wishes. I was following policy.
Good comany
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
IHG as the biggest hotel management company in the world provide its employee a lot of opportunities to build their skills and careers. Managements are kind and people oriented.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I come in get my stuff from the lady's go to the floor I will be walking on and fix up my cart . start going into rooms to clean and freshen up the place.
It was a great place to work.
DIRECTOR OF FRONT OFFICE OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working and growing at IHG. They invest in their people. They provide many classes and training to build the IHG culture. They also provide good benefits.
Pros
many
Cons
Work life balance
Good Comrades
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77027September 10, 2018
Providing necessary guest services to ensure that guests have a positive and enjoyable experience not only in the property but in the local region as well. Responsible for the planning, performance and management of different duties as assigned by management.
Performing functions such as selling rooms; taking, modifying and canceling reservations; processing guest arrivals and departures; switchboard operator, and on occasions concierge. In addition, required to manage financial transactions, use technology, communicate well, and oversee areas of guest security and safety.
Working three shifts. In occasions Guest Relations for VIP's. Assists in the training of new or existing team members as needed.
Fun and Fast paced environment
Project Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2018
IHG is an all-inclusive culture that allows their employees to grow within the organization. I worked at IHG for 16 years and would have continued if there was a position available.
Pros
Free Lunches, hotel discounts
Great place to spend work time
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 9, 2018
Great company. Appreciates all employees greatly. Lovely atmosphere. Awesome incentives. Amazing staff. Provides great training . They provide a wonderful working environment.
productive place
Banquet server, server restaurant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2018
the intercontinental hotel is a place where i had have a lot opportunity
to get experiences professional about the server
i worked in diferent areas
Nice full service hotel
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Needs all new department heads.
Needs culture change.
Executive Leadership is not strong.
Inconsistent practices and governing methods from management
Great Benefits
Call Center Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 4, 2018
Live a life of travel vicariously with the position of a reservations specialist! The benefits are pretty great. Awesome training and the opportunity to "bonus" is available.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 29, 2018
Are we have morning meetings they are fun there talk about what we are day is going to be in we exercise daily before starting we have fun meetings games and exciting things to do in the meetings and good food I mean it's just a nice place to work bad days good days you know the hockey kids come in the tear it up so we know that that day March Madness will be one of the hard days of work but we get it done and on time love it.
Dawns summary
Case Manager Intercontinental Hotel Group (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2018
IHG call center in Charleston South Carolina is closing Nov 2, 2018 and all jobs were sent over seas.
Best Call Center ever. Clean, break room clean and offered a variety of lunchs, desserts, and drinks. Company respected its' employees and vice versa. Fun yet professional environment. Disappointing that the company decided to close operations in the USA so as to save money.
Pros
Fun professional decent pay
Cons
Company chose to close the call center in the USA 11/02/2018.
Enjoyable work place
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 27, 2018
I have loved working for IHG. I have been here for 1 year and would retire here if they were not closing. They make this a comfortable work environment and I have enjoyed working for them.
Pros
Flexable schedule, caring management
Cons
closing call center
Wonderful Enviornment, Great Leaders
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2018
Outstanding work place. The leaders here, across the board from top to bottom, are all amazing, supportive, encouraging, and so very knowledgeable. Highly recommended.
productive place to work
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2018
I was able to work with a variety of tools and instruments, I learned Pipe fitting and plenty of hands on hvac ,electrical and kitchen equipment experience
Pros
Medical Benefits, paid time off and a non stressful environment
Cons
Most times advancement depended on if you were in their circle or not
The current Housekeeping manager is Great!
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Ft Leavnworth, KSAugust 23, 2018
The overall management cares nothing about the employees! I feel that they work you way too hard with no compassion. I feel that they expect you to do what they can't if given the task. They work you like slaves. When contacting headquarters no one there cares about what's going on either.
Professional Team hotel
Front Desk/Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 22, 2018
The staff is amazing to work with, there are kind, hard working and we all stick together. The only thing I would change is the hours and the management is not that great.
Pros
discounts, and pay
Cons
Management, and hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InterContinental Hotels Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.1K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.8Fairygodboss Score

89%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.