InterDent Employee Reviews

Interdent
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 20, 2017
Its ok for starter Dental Assistants but its hard to advance and getting a raise is nearly impossible. Good luck out there, you can do anything you put your mind to.
Very stressfull in credentialing dept.
Doctor Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 30, 2017
A typical day was credentialing dental physicians for a region you were assigned. I learned to credential on a large scale. The hardest part was not being able to speak most of the the day. Management frowned upon it. Very unusual. The enjoyable part was the nice employees in the other departments.
Horrible Company To Work For
Pcc (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 21, 2017
Horrible work environment. Very heavy work load with unrealistic expectations. They work you to death and no support from management. Lacks communication.
Work with no breaks many times . Cheat out of PTO and hours .
Avoid this place at all costs..
Very low pay and no raises . They make you think you can go up the chain and advance , that is not trye.
Instances of using dirty instruments on a patients.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, demanding and unrealistic expectations for work load, with no support from management
Stay away if you value morals and ethics, very clicky, extremely stressful, low cost materials, poor lab results, and lots of childish fingerpointing
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 12, 2017
Lots of preventable mistakes that affected the patient poorly. Employees who dont want to do things, so they don't. Lots of game playing and manipulation of situations. Fighting. Extremely uncomfortable environment. Misdiagnosing the need for SRP's. Stay away.
Pros
Things can always get better
Horrible experience
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 7, 2017
As an RDH I saw a patient every half hour. You were expected to take and develop xrays..probe ..do exam with doctor..do the prophy or perio maintenance...make the patient's next cleaning appointment...then clean your room and see the next patient and all without an assistant. You got a half hour to do 2 quads of srp.This was a nightmare and caused a lot of stress . Had my pay decreased by 27 % since i was not producing 1200 dollars a day which is impossible to meet so was making 30 dollars an hour. INTERDENT has agreements with the insurance companies so instead of getting credited with $110 prophy you get credit for maybe 48 dollars toward your production goal. Had 2 quads of srp recently where I was credited with $10 for the entire procedure. Doctors do not stay long...the office where I worked had a new DDS every 6 months.
The only benefit is you get benefits but the cost of the medical coverage is high per month....but its better than nothing. Would RUN from this company !!!!!
Pros
Get your lunch breaks, get benefits
Cons
Production goals impossible to meet, patients scheduled every half hour with no assistant
Stay away
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 23, 2017
This office is full of unprofessional disrespectful ladies who have alienated patient after patient and employee after employee. I used to love coming to work but it became a place I dreaded going and felt morally and ethically that I couldn't continue to be a part of this office. IF you love hygiene and what you do and care for your patients then seek employment elsewhere!!!
Productive and friendly staff
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CA 90301April 4, 2017
This is a good place to work. As a traveling dental assistant you don't get many days, but the mileage checks make up for the days. Majority of the assistants are pleasant to work with. Fast paced, great for a strong and fast assistant. They have great doctors that are easy to work with for the most part.
Pros
4+ days, Mileage checks, friendly staff
Cons
some offices are very far
Good experience within office, Chaotic corporate structure
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 2, 2017
Most of the issues that I ran into working for this company came from the lack of communication within and from the corporate structure. It became a really dysfunctional "Us vs Them" mentality from the offices (the people actually that know and do dentistry for a living) and the corporate office (people trying to micro-manage those that work in an industry that leadership doesn't know/understand.) I would recommend this company get people with real dental industry experience into leadership roles. And fix their atrocious billing department.
Pros
Great employees within the offices
Cons
Dysfunction at corporate level
Beginners
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 28, 2017
Very productive and high in demand office. Company Micro manages everyone and some what flexible when it comes to doctor appointments. When specifying you bilingual make sure you are.
Avoid
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 10, 2017
I started losing my passion for dentistry working for this company. I loved the people I worked with, but the higher ups were awful. Nothing was good enough! Goal was unattainable. The best thing I did was leave, my health has improved and my happiness!
Benefits
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, unappreciated
corporate dentistry with some bright spots
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CA and Albany, ORNovember 4, 2016
Working in OR was a good experience with less pressure and a good working environment. Working in the CA braches tended to be that opposite. Needless to say it all depends who runs the office that you are at.
Pros
decent pay and chances for CE
Cons
large work volumes
Overworked and underpaid
Back Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 20, 2016
Very high turnover. Management expects unreasonable work from back office. No breaks. Lack of supplies. Management team turns over every couple of years. Third CEO this year. Look at all the positions constantly on Indeed.
Pros
Keeps you very busy
Cons
no breaks, no supplies, no consistency, low pay
Avoid!
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 17, 2016
Although, I have learned a lot from this company I also realized that the best thing I did was leaving the company. There was no more room for growth or even a review! Management was too busy trying to impress everyone that they neglect their whole department. The list of CONS are endless!!!!! or and FAVORITISM IS VERY HIGH with this company!

Also I feel like management(s) are going through midlife crisis!!!! If you never believe in a super being...this is the time you should start! This company needs prayers and if you even think to apply for any position for this company...you need to get BLESSED!

Good luck and please take this review into consideration because there is no sugar coating just pure brutal honesty.
Pros
lenient and flexible
Cons
managment are imcompetent, reviews are only for favorite people, may give you advice but never follow their own, don't take responsibility, doens't allow staff to grow
Avoid At all costs
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 2, 2015
Beware of management having hidden agendas. This company does not high quality senior management. They are more interested in hiring friends and "yes" people. Patients are not first priority for the dental company. This company has filed for bankruptcy several times over the years because of poor management of expenses. Beware of the doctors hired as well. Interdent has an internal incident reporting board that tries to hide the below standard of care treatment given to patients. There are several patients who have been reimbursed for treatment with the hopes of avoiding complaints being submitted to the dental board. Overall, this company is bad news.
Pros
Adequate pay and benefits
Cons
poor work environment
High expectations...low compensation
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2015
A company that wants more, more, more but rewards only high management. Most of the "workhorses" have not had raises or even cost of living consideration for 5+ years
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Micro managment, frustrating at all levels. The more you work the more they want
Great company. Allowed employees the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis.
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 12, 2014
I had to opportunity to obtain most of my experience working for this company. They allow employees to learn as we worked in a friendly environment.
Small corporate office
Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 17, 2014
This office was closed. It was a small corporate office.
Good work atmosphere, since it was a small office.
Corporate Dentistry
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 10, 2012
I really enjoyed the people that I worked with as well a the patients. The facility was modern and up to date .
Pros
reimbursed employees professional fees/expenses.
Interdent was a good a compnay to work for until the company was downsizing
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2012
Typically I would ready my patient area rooms, sterilize intruments, take radiographs of patients and perform prophylaxis for patients as well as Oral Health Instruction and help set up future appointments for patients. I would assist the dentist in treatment and am adept at 4 handed dentistry and could assist in whatever department I was needed; however I was assigned to one dentist but also worked with the hygienist.