Interface Security Systems LLC

Interface Security Systems LLC insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Love my managers and love the job

Job is not difficult, however training is taught amongst the masses. Don’t expect a formal trainer (yet). They do have amazing management in the NOC however other departments make things difficult for you to do your job. The NOC is first rate and do hire less experienced people in the hopes they will be better and get the experience. You will however have trouble with revolving door project managers, understaffed scheduling departments, and budgetary cuts from the C-Suite sent down that interrupt the ability for the “little people” to succeed. Overall day to day operations are enjoyable, you aren’t too stressed, and your middle management actually cares about you. Upper management even does to a certain extent, but aside from the people who know you on an individual level or reporting level, the SVP’s and above make decisions that will have you scratching your head.

Pros

Not stressful, good managers, great experience farm.

Cons

Poor C-Level management, understaffed other departments, budget restrictions cause headaches.

High Stress

Short staffed in a faced paced environment. Quality of new hires result in escalation and hostile work environment. Poor leadership, long hours and guidlines that only apply to some

Pros

pay, hire within

Cons

high stress, long hours

Sucky job

This job is the worst possible job you can get in this industry the management is horrible the work load is too much to bare you can really do anything because you get written up for everything you do. Just please do not look into this job

Detail oriented NOT customer service

I love the atmosphere at work. This is not customer service per say.. it’s all about handling alarms & signals from alarm systems. You need to be very detail oriented and able to multitask. The shift options can be a bit daunting but it’s honestly not bad. It’s what you make it. The pay is great and so are the benefits. It’s not your typical call center. Attendance policy is strict because of the line of work. You will be calling the police and fire departments. You will be calling residents about small things like low batteries.

Pros

Pay/benefits, atmosphere, helpful management

Cons

Short breaks, not work from home eligible

Great place to work.

The work environment can be challenging at times due to the type of work. Management and the team leads are there to help you when needed. Very friendly work environment. Everyone works well as a group to get through the shift.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Get that bread then leave

Use this job as a stepping stone to get where you need to. Otherwise, do not get comfortable. HR should focus on management, specifically the managers instead of assuming the employees are the issue.

Pros

Room for advancement

Growing Company and Interesting Work

The company has had upward movement into new areas of business ever since I have started here. There is potential for advancement among those that dedicate themselves to learning the business and work hard. The work in the monitoring department can be fast paced and rewarding when a thief is caught. I enjoy that in monitoring we are not selling anything, we are the product the customer has asked for. This is a refreshing change from most call center type environments that are more sales based, or script based. Critical thinking can be used in my day, and I like that challenge. There are a good variety of schedules available as well.

Pros

Team environments, constant growth into new products and markets. Feedback on performance given often. Jeans allowed, good breakroom with food options.

December 21, 2020
Thank you for this review! I hope you have many more rewarding years at Interface!Donna KulageSVP, Human Resources

Great company with service culture of relentless support!

Motivated employees and colleagues. Company has great technology and tremendous growth potential. Marquee customer logos and growing customer base. Open culture with consistent communications and positivity even through COVID-19. Employee safety and health was paramount concern of CEO and management team.

Pros

Great technology, Smart People, Transparent Culture

Cons

None I can think of

Overall a great place to work.

I have worked many years for Interface and watched the company adapt to new technologies over the years. Management is consistent and puts employees first. Overall a great place to work.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Covid restricting inter-office travel

Growing Company with Great Potential

I have been working at Interface for less than a year and am excited about the opportunities. The team culture is great and the company has great potential to differentiate itself with its technologies, fully managed services and superior customer experience. Great brand named customers with a large list of new logos!

Terrible Management

Dead end job! Nepotism prevails here. Knowledge and education are worthless to This company. Managers mange with do as I say not as I do style. Manager do not know the actual job the company does and have hard times helping subordinates. Upper managers do not care about Technicians or Engineers they Let lower managers steal their work ideas and claim it as theirs. Bottom line if you just want to work and get a paycheck and don’t care how your respected or treated this company is for you.

Pros

Never hear from managers unless you did something wrong.

Cons

Never hear from managers unless you did something wrong.

December 8, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Interface. We value all feedback from current and former employees. The situations you describe are certainly not acceptable behavior by a manager or any employee of Interface. I would like the opportunity to have a discussion with you regarding your experiences. It is the company's goal to provide a workplace where employees learn and grow. Further insight from you may help to prevent others from a negative work experience. Thanks again and I hope you are able to contact me.Donna KulageSVP, Human ResourcesInterface Security Systems

No real interview, and outsourced

The culture was secretive, and untrusting. More security cameras than the casino. Management lies, and eventually outsourced. Which was lied about. They claimed we were not being outsourced, then looked for ways to get rid of us so the job could be moved to India. To be fair, the manager that let me go, couldn't look me in the eye when they did it. I did learn a bit more about networking, and how to use OneNote. I had to so I could make searchable notes. Their KBA's were a joke, and VERY outdated.

Good

This company is a great place to work. Well paid with benefits, fast paste, it's demanding but if your use to it then this is the perfect place to work for you.

A great place to work!

This company has been extremely helpful with work-life balance, encouraging education and providing support. You definitely become part of a family and they are always looking out for you. They also truly care about their customers and the relationships they build. They are always learning from their customers and from each other. It's a great place to work, learn and grow.

March 2, 2020
Thank you for your 5-star review! As a company, we strive for employee satisfaction. Employees are our greatest investment and happy employees are our greatest achievement! - Donna Kulage, SVP Human Resources

Fun place To work but challenging

Interface is easy once you know what you are doing. The night shift manager is great to work with. hes very understanding. Very easy to talk and he is very helpful. loved working with him. By far he was the best manager that i have had. The training is a bit challenging but once you learn everything you will love it.

March 2, 2020
Thank you for your review! You are correct that the position of Intervention Specialist can be challenging during the training period which is the reason we provide extensive training so trainees are comfortable with the processes and confident in their abilities before they are moved to a shift role. The Grave Shift Manager will surely appreciate your kind words and I am happy that you loved your position!-Donna Kulage, SVP Human Resources

Exciting and a huge amount of room for growth.

The amount of time invested into properly training and updating me on current trends has been very thorough. Day by day we are taking in little bites of information to be well prepared in fair time.

March 2, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! This is a new and exciting position at our Plano office and I am so glad you are finding the position so rewarding!-Donna Kulage, SVP Human Resources

Strong leadership and good health benefits

* Strong leadership and good health benefits * Diverse culture * Tech focused * Forward thinking * Job advancement I enjoy showing up to work each day and feel like I'm part of an organization that is going places.

Thank you for this positive feedback! -Donna Kulage, SVP Human Resources

Great Atmosphere

Growing company. Opportunity advancements within! There are a lot of jobs available in the various departments and they are willing to work with employees, they offer training and great benefits!

Pros

Sales Incentives

March 2, 2020
Your positive feedback is much appreciated! The Opportunity Development Department is new to the company and I hope you find much success in your new role! -Donna Kulage, SVP Human Resources

Good Journey

Through the evolution of 10 years with Interface, the company has evolved several times. Although there were hiccups, the kinks got worked out. The work life balance is really good but you have to be prepared to do your job. Quota matters and you need to realize that. If you produce, you will succeed!

March 2, 2020
Thank you for your feedback! 10 years is a long time to commit to one employer! If the work / life balance fits your needs, that's a great reason to stay. Hopefully, your positive attitude motivates your coworkers!-Donna Kulage, SVP Human Resources

Fast paced and Exciting

There is a lot to learn. This job is like none other. Everyday there is something different going on. It can be high stressed. There is a lot of teamwork required and you will learn something new everyday!

March 2, 2020
Your comments are right on the mark. The Central Command Center Specialists are dedicated to life safety and property protection. This position can get stressful at times, as you mentioned in your review, however, the supervisory team is always available to assist during these times. Teamwork is essential to this position as well as the desire to learn. Thanks for your feedback!-Donna Kulage, SVP Human Resources

Ns

Great place to work ! Good environment! Friendly staff and trainers ! Nice customers! Good compensation clean environment l. Answered phones . Processed paperwork . Filed files .

October 28, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and to describe your work experience with Interface! I'm glad you had a positive experience!Donna KulageSVP, Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interface Security Systems LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Interface Security Systems LLC with

• Interface Security Systems LLC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?