Interface Security Systems Employee Reviews

Great manager to work for.
System Installer/Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, and the Midwest regionMay 8, 2018
I really did not have any complaints.I really enjoyed my role and I liked working for the people that were my supervisors. I liked the travel and the benefits were good.
Great place to work!
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2018
Great place to work. Interface Security Systems has a high-tech NOC filled full of wonderful people to work with; if you have a question, you are encouraged to ask. Inter-department cooperation inside the NOC is great and so are the supervisors.
Pros
unlimited OT
Cons
Can be long hours
Inter/Temp
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 10, 2018
If you are looking for a part time or intern position Interface is good for you. The workforce is great though. Management was not the most transparent.
poor management training and support
Invoicing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Most dept managers were promoted because they were good at the entry level not because they would make a good manager. There was no training, classes or mentoring for advancing people. Seniority was never taken into account for promotions. The health coverage is sell funded by the company and takes a long time to pay doctors and dentist. Many people were turned into collections before the company would pay.
Great Job, Great Coworkers, Poor management
Developer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 23, 2018
People in local office are great. Upper management or lack thereof is not all that great which caused a lot of people to resign and company acts as two separate entities.
Busy
Data Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63141January 1, 2018
I was just a short term contracted employee, it was good for the moment. Had no benefits since I was only a temporary employee. Pretty good job, did not have a lot of complaints while I was there.
Good working environment with some company perks
Tech support (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75093December 28, 2017
Everything was good. The insurance was not quite as great as my previous employer, but the pay was better. There was a group layoff, outsourcing to India. The layoff was not good for American workers in my opinion.
Great Company with Great Higher Management Support
Account Manager - Family Dollar (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCDecember 14, 2017
Always had great support from Senior VP's and up. Enjoyed working there. They were not consistant across the board with management types below SR VPs
Cons
Bilingual Field Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 11, 2017
Long hours, but the pay was good. Good managers who care about you.Lots of job advancement if you are willing to go thru the training and certifications. Big company with awesome benefits
Pros
Uncapped overtime
Cons
Stressful enviroment due the nature of the job
Fast paced
Sales Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 20, 2017
This office was not organized. It had no system for training of employees. The people for the most part were nice. They seemed to be always operating off the hip. This may be due to the fact that this office was a previously privately owned security company. The switch over very unorganized.
Pros
Hours were M-F, 9-5
Cons
Unorganized
Fast paced learning environment
Level I Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Very unique job. It is a call center for technical support of commercial businesses. Most support if offered over the phone. Also onsite technicians are dispatched when needed.
Unfair
Security Monitor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOSeptember 14, 2017
Working for this company would have been OK, but it's not fair that management base its conclusions on favoritism or without speaking with the employees about any concerns they may have. This company terminated employees without any explanation while being off on the day of termination, and its unfair to any one that depends on there job for living support.
Overall review, the company is a good place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 28, 2017
I really loved working at this company. I was not being paid for my skills. I gave them my knowledge and did not get paid for it. It was my fault, I did not have my degree. Attending school to complete my degree this fall.
Pros
Gave us free Holiday Inn rooms and dinner, during extreme ice storms, to safely get to and from the job on hotel shuttle bus.
Cons
Changing management often. I recently heard it has since, stabilized.
Monitor cameras
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2017
Monitor certain locations in the U.S. through surveillance cameras. Talk to customers and help them if they need assistance like if there is loiterer on property.
It was a good place to work before sending all the jobs to India
WAN Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 27, 2017
This was a great place to work in the engineering team before they sent all the jobs to India. There was a strong commitment by the engineering team to troubleshoot problems and help the customers in any way possible.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
laid off hundreds of people to send jobs to India
It was a good place to learn
System Technician and Installer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 5, 2017
I learned alot about being a Technician.
Many systems and companies to work for and meet plenty of folks along the way.
Once your good at what you do Customers share that with superiors. Like many years in this industry it goes only by word of mouth. I found out towards my end that a new hire was making what i made and had no experience over my 5 years and barely knew how to use a drill. This was it for me. Money is not everything at all.. But geez that was a slap in the face.. aka good bye
Pros
Learning aspect
Cons
wages, and managment issues
abusive relationship
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 5, 2017
This is a sinking ship. Just do yourself a favor and stay away, unless you like being a scapegoat on why this company has gone to down the $***ter

India? what a major mess up that was.
Pros
Cons
everything
too many let downs
Helpdesk Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 20, 2017
Too much favoritism and they prefer. not organized
A lot of unfair decisions made and a lot of people are there for the check. No room to grow.
Making employees feel some for of security only to move their jobs to india
Long hours, stressful work.
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TxApril 13, 2017
Typical day at work was spent answering phones, being at the whim of assistant managers for dumpy retail places and getting yelled at by everyone. Management had a lot of issues, didn't really care about us but tried to make it seem like it for sure. There were lots of little things that the employees asked for to try and make our own job easier that none of the management did but they instead would do stuff like ask us to donate for a slushie machine(which we would never get to use) Hardest part of the job was dealing with the people. Most enjoyable part was going home.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, good overtime.
Cons
Hours sucked, short breaks, .
Okay place to work if you do not mind being micro-managed.
Data Entry/Tech Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Interface provided a great deal of training and most of my co-workers were very helpful during this very stressful period. I do appreciate all they taught me here and am glad they gave me the opportunity to learn.
Pros
Good training.
Cons
Working in a windosless environment, poor work/life balance and no wiggle room when it comes to dress code or having to call in sick.