Interface Solutions Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Work inviroment
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 13, 2018
Very easy work but could have more training for new employee. We worked ten hour days plus some weekends. I learned how to operator machines and also how to change machine set ups for other products. management was very friendly and willing to work with there employees.
good place to work and good group
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 26, 2017
it was a god place to work and enjoined my time there and really like the team i worked with and i miss that. I enjoyed being the plant manager there and was treated well, i really hated to leave and i do regret
Pros
a good group to work with
Cons
manager being on the same page
Transitional Employment Position
Head Department Finisher (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, NYApril 18, 2016
This place served its purpose as a transitional production facility. Overall, if your family worked here, it was decent, if not, you were cast to the side. As far as promotions, I was lucky enough to bid off the production floor and into the printing and converting department. Here, these people were the same way. To tell you the truth, I never worked at a facility where a persons entire family and extended family worked there.
Not a real productive work environment
Head Paper Finisher (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, NYJune 2, 2015
This is definitely not a place for any person new and/ or fresh out of high-school with any kind of high hopes, dreams and/or great ambitions. Other than that, it is perfect for everybody else.
Unstable workplace from years past, looking for a change
Maintenance Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fulton, NYOctober 16, 2012
I started working at Armstrong now known as Interface Solutions Inc. 36 years ago when I was 19 years old. The skills that I have developed were all hands on and on the job training, On an average day at work I run the storeroom,control the Inventory and purchase non stores items that are requested for the maintenance dept. to complete there work orders.I also manage the ISO PM'S (mechanical & electrical) for the Maint. Dept. The hardest part of the job is getting support from management when I need approval or the tools to perform my job. The main reason for this is that there has been a big turnover in management and fewer people to assist the workforce.The most enjoyable part of the job is when we all work together and complete the tasks in a timely manner.When finished we have a steak bake or pizza & wings, and talk about the good old days at work, and share stories from the past.
Pros
good wages
Cons
no more retirement or health ins.in future