Interim HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 1,055 reviews matching the search See all 1,056 reviews
Very Rewarding Position
Director of Healthcare Services/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 19, 2018
This company is pretty amazing. It offers in-home care for individuals that need assistance in their everyday routine. Rather it be walking the dog, taking you to the doctor appointment, light housework and so much more.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Getting laid off
Great for working with patients
Assistant to the Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 16, 2018
I mostly enjoyed working with the Chaplains to work with the Bereavement support groups. I enjoyed helping the Volunteer Coordinator enter the necessary data (since I can type quickly) and perform the extra tasks, like sending the hospice patients birthday cards, veterans' day cards, etcl
Pros
Sense of accomplishment
Cons
Somewhat stressful
Very disappointed.
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 16, 2018
I have been with Interim for 5 years. I had a regular client for the first two years. After that I have been put here and there. I kept asking for a new client and they kept saying none was available. They kept hiring new people as well and they would get hours. I used to work 15 hour shifts and over 60 hours a week. I was employee of the year...and a good worker. Always early, and very dependable and clients and their families liked me. So why hire new people when you have good people to work? I get paid 12.00 an hour. I have years of experience. So sickening how this company has gone down hill over the last few years. I would NEVER say anything good about this company. So many good caregivers that work for them have been passed up just to hire new ones who are lacking in almost every aspect.
Pros
Cons
Everything ..pay, hours, management chaos.
Hospice Team is fantastic
Hospice Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 15, 2018
The hospice team is some of the best people I have ever worked with. Upper management could be better with improving work life balance and recognizing employees burnout levels. Being on call can be very stressful as well. There were definite difficulties, but the team you work with is amazing which helps you get through the difficulties.
Flexible work environment. Can make own scheduled days for work,
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company as I had the option of days to work, as well as, the choice of places I chose to work at. It allowed me the opportunity to work in a metro hospitals as opposed to small rural hospital. Also, worked in a variety of settings. Having to commute over 1-hr., and adapt to new work area was the most difficult part of my employment experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Commuting distance
Office staff and supervisors are amazing and very energetic.
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Duncansville, PANovember 13, 2018
I love working there because you get to meet new people. Also staff is amazing with employees. Have fun with staff at staff meetings. Offer extra rewards for perfect attendance and people who pick up extra hours.
Pros
They have the Ava program can earn gift cards for the hours you work.
Cons
No benefits or 401k
flexible
Certified Health Aide/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2018
i enjoy working with the company, they need to get more clients so we can have work. Best part of the job is making my patients happy, I love taking care of my patients.To do this job you must have a genuine and kind heart.
I wish the company was well staffed with clients because sometimes we have no work
very high paced
Client Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYNovember 13, 2018
Worked alone in the GF office. If I had to use the restroom, I could not leave the phones unmanned. I would have to transfer 3 incoming lines to the Albany office and announce to the staff there, that I was using the restroom. Very micro-managed

Office personnel responsible for in home cases, had to take holiday on call so that if a new client, or an existing one had a need, we would be responsible for for securing staff for that home care case.
No reimbursement for this time was offered.
Pros
helping people
Cons
very demanding, micro-managed, management not pleasant
Other (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 7, 2018
Dysfunctional leadership - If your opinion differs with the owners you are punished. No open or honest discussion about issues. Diverse opinions are not wanted. Independence is not accepted
Getting to know peple help those out who just need the exgra hand
Interim Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 5, 2018
Enjoying a client while enjoy the time and getting the help in even thought some aren't capable of doing somethings that why there interim to be your helping hand and your friend
I loved my co workers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67207November 4, 2018
Good place to work love my job !!!!!!! Staffing was amazing and kept me very busy I was thankful to be a part of the company kept me Busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Place was better over 10 years ago.
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 3, 2018
The health care area focuses more on money and NOT the patient. I enjoy being able to have a repore with a few office personnel. What I disagree with is the low ball pay per hour especially for long term employees and no benefits unless you full time and provide care to a large amount of patients. Hopefully they will change for the better in the near future.
Good people, horrible wages
home health aide (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 31, 2018
I drove from one place to the next and had to pay for gas all by myself. It wasn’t worth it. When I was first hired they claimed I could make up to $14 an hour depending on how hard my cases were, that never happened. The company takes all the profit. I was also told that I would get paid for mileage after working for 30 hour for 3 weeks consecutively. This never happened. They worked me for over 30 hours one week and the next two would be 28 or 29. Just below the 30 so they didn’t have to pay me for gas. In one week I cleared 235 dollars, and 120 went to gas. Was it worth it? No! I had people who lived in absolutely horrible conditions. I had one home that had a hole in the floor of her trailer bathroom. The company never reported it. The people inside can be great, but they are just looking for newly liscensed people to take advantage of.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
No breaks, no mileage pay
I enjoyed working for Interim, I really enjoyed having all my patients
Case Manager/ Wound Team (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 30, 2018
I enjoyed my job. I loved my patients, the different cases, learning new things. The only thing I didn't like about the job was all the traveling, but I knew that when I took the job.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
a lot of traveling
Great company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 29, 2018
Very respectful and able to work with your set schedule. Helps with your personal needs in scheduling. Works to make staff and clients comfortable with the schedule and care provided.
Rewarding
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 28, 2018
If you like helping elderly or disabled people it is a good place for you. The main disadvantages are the pay and no health benefits. You don't get the chance for full time hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, no health benefits
Fun workplace
Personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 27, 2018
The paitents were very kind. You have to make sure that you listen to every word they say in the presentation that they do before you start work.
It is very important
Pros
Free food
Cons
Shorts breaks
Great for part time work
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 24, 2018
Good job if you need to break up an 8 hr shift into many smaller segments or if you are only looking for part time work. Pay is reasonable. Be prepared to drive a lot and visit a lot of different clients and houses.
good place to work
RN Private Duty (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 24, 2018
Management was always very supportive and helpful. Always willing to work with a schedule that worked for me. Assignments were explained and offered rather than assumed. Only worked in one department but they were always great.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
work depended on availability of financing (medicaid/medicare)
over worked under paid
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 23, 2018
i worked so much i didn't have time to even go home i use to rent a hotel room sleep two hours and go back to work no coverage and had to really pay attention to ur checks cause they would try to rip u off the company how ever was never like this till they got new schedulers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interim HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Interim HealthCare.

Powered by Comparably