INTERIOR CONCEPTS Employee Reviews

Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJuly 29, 2018
Good place to work.

Owner was pleasant

This was a small office, clocked in, worked on invoices, entered take-offs for trim on upcoming jobs, ran errands, etc..
Pros
Flexible job
Cons
productive workplace, opportunity for over-time, relaxed and friendly environmet
Assembler/Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIJuly 11, 2018
I think it is a very good place to work, they are very lenient on time missed and being made up, appointments, for your children, etc. easy going staff, sort of a throw you to the wolves training experience though.
Pros
can listen to headphones, flexible scheduling as far as over-time goes. and its first shift only
Cons
short breaks, low pay, poor benefits
Fun work place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJune 7, 2018
Grew alot here. Physically and mentally. When I came I was making $12.00 a hour and now I’m at 18.50. They definitely recognize good work and potential
Pros
Opportunity to earn good raises.
Cons
Everything is good
Family Oriented
General administrative and Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39206February 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Interior Concepts. I was not trained properly and had to ask for help often due to this. I was hired in May and business was good and laid off in October when business was slow. Hardest part of the job for me was trying to learn how to measure carpet, tile, square foot, etc.
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDDecember 20, 2017
Some of the warehouse people are a little lack of. But other then that good place to work. Day starts fairly simple checking in receiving goods. I learned a few receiving software systems.Hardest part was working with unacknowledged staff.
Productive and fun place to work, the employees there are all great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 18, 2017
I learned how to type quotes, and a lot about interior designing, everyone I worked with there were very nice and sweet. I was able to run any errands I had to
Productive days at work
Lead experienced worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2017
Typical day at work was to get to the shop, pick up the job materials. Get to job site, prep and install flooring.

My uncle was my foreman. Made my schedule very flexible.

Great working environment, friendly coworkers.

It's time to move on for better opportunities and growth.
Pros
Free lunches every other fridays
Cons
Unstable jobs
Great designs and professional
Owner (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 16, 2015
Interior Concepts is proud to work on both large and small projects. We can work on an hourly-rate basis and will help you with any design or decor needs you may have. Interior Concepts' main objective is to provide you with a space that reflects your own style and personality.
Interior Concepts
Regional Sales Manager Northeast Region (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIDecember 31, 2014
Lots of travel and work load. Keeps you busy. Great CRM system to keep all notes organized. Company has gone through a lot of changes since I left.
Running your own business is rewarding and a struggle at the same time
Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasSeptember 23, 2014
It is hard being a sole proprietor, always generating new business while managing existing projects. At the same time, seeing projects come to fruition is an incredibly rewarding experience.Knowing that the outcome reflects solely on you, I enjoy the challenge of generating a professional approach to each and every scope and sequence of a job.
Team oriented workplace
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIJune 23, 2014
IC is a wonderful place to work full of many talented and caring people.
Enjoyable working environement
Custom Cabinet Builder (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXFebruary 3, 2014
The position was a bit unstable with up and down work orders, sometimes busy and other times very slow. There was continual stress about company being able to hold on to its employees. The shop was fully equipped with any machine needed to perform any number of tasks. I learned how to determine different species of woods, how to properly and safely operate machinery and hand-tools, and how to read assembly sheets. There was a reasonable work schedule, though, sometimes included Saturdays. Great co-workers. Most enjoyable part about the job was the satisfaction and pride of great cabinetry work once completed.
Pros
Lots of great equipment, great co-workers
Cons
No heat or AC in shop, job unstability
Professional and polished workplace
Operations Executive (Former Employee) –  Hockessin, DESeptember 6, 2013
It was my own company and started it from nothing and built it into a respected Commercial and Residential Custom Interior Business, with 7 Designer/Decorators on staff as well as 2 full time installers, 12 employees in all.
Pros
good fringe benefits
Cons
Great company with focus on growth and family.
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIJanuary 20, 2013
One of the great things about this company and job is that it is every changing. I have learned to find work/life balance while growing as a manager. The team established is great and has an amazing focus on taking care of our customers.
Pros
great benefits for a small company
Cons
everyone wears many hats