Interior Specialists, Inc. Employee Reviews

Do Not Work Here
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 26, 2018
Most unprofessional company I ever worked for. They do not complete background or drug tests. If you apply for the Order Processing position that is the only position you will be able to work, it has high turn over and they will not let you change departments. Benefits are horrible, they're very expensive. I have worked here for 6ish months and my boss only talks to me when I have a question, poor leadership, they do not perform reviews.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Benefits, Poor leadership, No career growth, Unprofessional, Pay
Management bias
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 26, 2018
Manager was never available to answer supervisor questions. Management protected other departments for them not following their own job titles. Pushed new agendas on our team that did not benefit the already pressured timing for our projected orders to be completed. Very unstable environment of learning for new hires. There were several people appointed to "lead" or "Train" by management, with no collaboration to make sure everyone followed the same process.
Pros
learned how to accept failures, after following direct instructions
Cons
there were no growth opportunities, only overtime to consume your life for higher wages and more stress
I wish I like my job and company more
N/A (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 14, 2018
i wish the company cared more about their employees. We need to be paid more. I do not like having a smaller desk and it's too loud in an open area and makes it very distracting! We need to be in a bigger and nicer building. Some updating has been done, but to do more. Bad communication within the company and deeps are against one another.
Great place to work.
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 31, 2018
This is a good company to work for. There is a lot of support from management and the different departments work very well together. Overall a great company.
Quick Paced And Stressful Workplace
Oder coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 8, 2017
With little to no communication between the Managers and Employees you will feel a sense of not being supported. It is located in Aurora which can be a tough drive. Employees don't have structure and can get loud.
Pros
Good Benefits and Payed Time off
Cons
No Leadership
N/a
CONSTRUCTION LABORER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2017
This job was just temporary, everything was okay here. The pay was okay. Basically did grouting and throwing up tile for the Orleans casino. They were opening a bar.
Teamwork
Senior Lead Estimator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 12, 2017
- Great place to work with friendly people and pleasant environment.
- Knowledgeable and Respected Estimating Department.
- Everyone is a team player.
Productive place to work
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Typical day at Interior Specialists consisted of estimating upcoming projects for the flooring division for upfits of existing projects or new construction. Getting bids to the GC's in timely manner. Once earning the bid on the project, scheduling delivery of project and installation on the the GC's timeframe. Meeting with architects on negotiated deals to help them gather samples to show their clients to finalize selections. Handling complaints once the product was installed.
Pros
Work Hard but lots of flexibility
Cons
Job security due to some lay offs
work day
Customer Service Reprehensive (Former Employee) –  Montgomeryville, PA 18936December 19, 2016
Day starts at 8 am
responded to e-mail and solve problems observed by customers and field managers
Did not enjoy my experience with customer service managers
my co-works some were very nice and other very rude
the hardest part is the training. not very organized
the nice people that work their
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
training process
Didn't support their designers only took the work of the homeowners
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2016
Didn't let me explain situations. Only listened to what the homeowners said. Also, the commissions took WAY too long to get paid. Months after homeowners had moved into the house. There was no way to know what or when you would get paid your commission.
Pros
Nice showroom
Cons
No support. Sub par training.
N/a
Sr. Order Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 24, 2016
Typical Work day is fast paced. Must pay attention to detail and be able to execute tasks in a timely fashion. Most co-workers are team players and willing to help meet customer expectations.
A Good Company
Data Entry Clerk / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2016
This company was a good place to work. I liked the people, and was able to get along with the other employees. The job was fast paced and intense, but my team worked together and we were able to keep up with the work flow. I learned that having a good team on your side is a benefit and also how to manage that team.
Poor leadership
OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2016
This company is high on making salary and commission promised and bad about delivering. They continually make excuses why your paycheck isn't as promised and couldn't care less about your inquiries about pay.
Pros
The paychecks don't bounce
Cons
Don't even think about calling in sick, Paychecks always short
Good job experience
Tile Finisher/Installer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 5, 2015
Never worked constructions before but I enjoyed learning how to set tiles for the first time. Good co-workers and the supervisors was okay but no job security. Never know if there work or not.
Pros
Good job experience
Cons
No job security
Great Place to Work
Merchandising Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 10, 2014
The people you work with are great! You learn a lot and everyone is very nice and willing to help you.
Directly supervise new construction install of all types of flooring and custom surrounds.
Field Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, Nv.October 15, 2013
work directly with superintendents of tracks to insure a smooth install for homes.
Pros
Great company, Great Management, Great place to work!
I love traveling with this company, they flew me to a few states it was great!
South West Regional Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2013
I was in charge of 12 warehouses, in five states, I had to fly to all of them monthly some weekly it was great! I had a few employees that could not follow the rules, had to eliminate/terminate a few, but mostly got along great with the ones that did follow the rules, the president of the company was my boss, and we got along great!, hardest part of this job was to overcome my fear of flying and I did!, my enjoyable part of this job was seeing different states, new faces, trying new places for lunch, employees respecting me, I awarded a few employees with plaques for a well done job! It was great until it ended in 2009.
Pros
over come my fear of flying, and i did!
Cons
i lost time when flying to other states.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interior Specialists, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Interior Specialists, Inc. Reviews by Location