Interlachen Country Club Employee Reviews

INterlachen
Golf course staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
Fast paced . Wake up at 5am and drive to work. Work outside to landscaping, golf course work and tree work for 5 hours then break for lunch. Work until three then go home.
Great experience in leadership and organization skills.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 26, 2018
A typical day at work was teaching basics of tennis to beginners (age 5 to 14) which required: Organized daily activities, Supervised children.
I learned how to be organized in what was going to be taught each day. I also learned how to motivate children (age 5 to 14) to want to get better at playing tennis.
Management had my back. I enjoyed the workplace environment.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the kids were learning plus having a good time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was a child making progress at playing tennis or telling me thank you at the end of the day or giving me a hug throughout the day.
Pros
Great experience in leadership and organization skills.
work
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 16, 2018
The company was great to work for. some of the employee did not care about the job they were doing for the golf couses,, The hardest part are the workers.
Productive and fun place to work with putting green and driving range
Ground Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Prepare golf course for daily use. Learned basic maintenance of grounds and turf management. Very relaxed work culture. Lack of work at seasons end is the hardest part. Working in the early morning, watching the sun rise, is the most enjoyable part of this job.
Slow paced and Aggrivating
Food Runner/Expo, bartender, server (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 25, 2017
The workers are all UCF students who do not bother putting in work ethic and tend to slack. The restaurant is fairly slow, which leaves a lot of employees standing around aimlessly.
A relax work place
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 11, 2017
i learned a lot from ICC from stocking to golf events.Nice coworker.Good food for the staff. we help each other a lot during events.we also worked as a team.
Pros
free staff meal
Cons
breaks whenever
joke of an operation
Outside Services (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 12, 2017
The "boss" does not have any PGA certifications. They work you like a dog for only 9.75 an hour and the tips suck. The management is the biggest joke, they expect outside services to do everything while they pocket all the cash from tournaments and sit inside watching the golf channel. STAY AWAY
Pros
Cons
to many
Access to an atmosphere exuding success and elegance.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 10, 2017
Interlachen Country Club is in a breed of it's own. Waiting on members that create an idealistic atmosphere is a huge motivating factor. Having the pleasure to serve our members keeps me coming back.
Pros
Being surrounded by the elite
Cons
N/a
Great Golf Course
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 18, 2017
The management has had some serious turnover and it isn't clear on which direction the club is going and that is extremely frustrating to management. Great golf course...that is all
Good work environment - Professional
Swim Team Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 17, 2017
Interlachen is a prestigious club that expects the utmost professionalism from its employees. A strong work ethic is required to maintain and advance through their ranks. As a swim coach, the club leaves all responsibility to the coaching staff. It is on us to handle everything swim team. From parent communication, hiring of assistants, planning, space and time allocation, equipment and apparel ordering, and all that comes running a team.
The workplace culture of Interlachen is team orientated. At the pool, it is very friendly. It is a member first environment and we do our best to make sure they are well taken care of.
The hardest part of my job is the same as the most enjoyable. Running the swim team is a full time job and requires much work at and away from the pool.
Pros
Meals are provided. Great kids and parents to work with.
Cons
Inconstant employees
Great company
ala cart server/ purchasing director (Former Employee) –  winter park , flJune 20, 2017
Great environment, great management and leadership team. I enjoyed the hard working environment, but also made sure to have fun! There was always a variety of events going on that were really beneficial to learning how to do new things and engrain team work skills.
Almost Zero Training
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 19, 2017
Jump right in, almost zero training. Long, grueling hours with very high expectations. Golf course standards very high, perfection is a must, private course entitlement felt strongly.
Pros
Decent management
Cons
Grueling work, not worth pay, rude people
Superb
Outside Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2017
Absolutely loved my time at Interlachen Country Club. I was made to feel so welcome by employees and members. We would work six days a week but it wasn't a problem because it was great fun. I worked in the bag room as well as in the golf shop. I had to leave to return to university but would love to go back!
Pros
Free lunch and free golf
Management Issues
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 9, 2017
Working as a lifeguard at Interlachen Country Club for three full summers was extremely rewarding yet far too demanding at times. At the country club, it seemed as if the divisions of labor worked as individuals and not united. The lifeguards were at the bottom of the food chain and would not be treated as equally as the poolside wait staff. The poolside wait staff were not treated as equally as the inside clubhouse wait staff. So on and so forth to upper management. Each division of labor was operating on its own and not collaborating with one another which caused some serious gaps in communication, customer service, employee service, and much more. Entitlement was too much of a luxury for some workers, as they would use their power inappropriately to demonstrate their superiority.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short Breaks, Imbalance of power
Best Job Ever
Restaurant/Cafe Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 26, 2017
I started as a server at the pool back in 2006 and quickly moved up from there, being a banquet server then to banquet captain and eventually to pool manager. The new General Manager was terrible so i had to leave.
Pros
Awesome People, Great Job Security, Pleanty of Hours
Cons
Fun staff and competitve amoungest other clubhouses
Server (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 18, 2017
Fun yet challenging place to gain experience in a different kind of setting within the food industry. Met many cool people I will stay in contact with for years to come.
Interlachen Country Club server and Camp Counselor Summer 2013
Server and Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Served food to patrons at the pool.
Assisted the servers in the club house.
Oversaw children and accompanied them to various sports venues.
Met with parents for children’s pick up.
Very difficult place to work...
Banquets (Former Employee) –  Winter Park FloridaJuly 28, 2016
Senior Leadership Team, ( Club House Manager, Banquet Director and Chef) were always complaining about the members and lacked focus on the in house team..All 3 made it clear, that they did not care about anyone but themselves. If you enjoy working in a drama filled environment with a lot of self centered attitude from Senior Leadership you will fit right in.. I found myself to be better than that and got out, and could not be happier that I did so...

Regarding the in house staff all are very young and most are attending school, all were very pleasent and polite, however once there just a short time most got in and out quickly, as it did not take them long to realize that they were clearly being taken advantage of most did not stay longer than 6 months to a year...

If you decide to work here I wish you all the best, but do not say that you were not warned
Pros
Cons
Employee Meal, barely edible, no support from Senior Leadership, poor pay
Great work environment with great members
A level Caddie (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 12, 2016
It was a great experience to be able to make so many connections and to be around the great game of golf with them. The tournaments were a great thing to be apart of and the caddies treated each other like family.
Good benefits, good management, excellent working conditions.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 28, 2016
Working at Interlachen Country Club was a great experience. The work itself never seemed to be too difficult since there was a high morale and work ethic among the employees. I attribute the above average morale and work ethic to good training, above average job knowledge along with management that always treated the employees with respect and appreciation.
Pros
Free Daily Family Meal, good leaders/managers