Intermedia Employee Reviews

Awesome Place to Work
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for Intermedia, it was a good job but I left for better pay at another company doing the same type of job. I wish I could have stayed but they don't pay competitive wages in our area.
Pros
Free snacks in the break room
Cons
low wages
Wonderful place to learn and grow
Lead business growth through sales development (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 18, 2018
Intermedia offers a diverse population, interdepartmental communication, development of character, capacity, commitment, and passion for doing the right thing. The ability to provide critical feedback as well as provide clear understanding of processes allows others to grow in a positive environment.
Pros
Pto, Compensation, Work Life Balance, Edge of Technology
Cons
directors, not enough communication, and willingness to mentor others time commitment from leadership
ice machine
Health Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 21, 2018
good people, needs more pay, more bonus. some of the managers don't need to work there they have poor attitudes but its a good company to work for when you don't have major bills and your getting out of high school
completely neutral
Not going to discuss (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteJuly 18, 2018
Not going to say anything good or bad about my current employer. I think it's kind of ridiculous that I have to complete these fields before I can move forward.
Interesting Times @ Intermedia
CSM Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 3, 2018
Intermedia was an interesting place to work. For a West coast headquarters it had a very East coast mentality. Very hard to move up at this company, luckily I did but that took a very long time and you have to be "in" with the right crowd. All in all the beginning was a challenge but life at Intermedia got better as the days moved on.
Pros
Game room
Cons
Micro Managing on certain teams
Lack of Advancement and Poor Leadership
Did not provide (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 19, 2018
While some of the people are great to work with here, the negatives outweigh the positives by a long shot. Management seems to be clueless as to best employees suited for positions and office politics play a role in those who advance (albeit, typical for most companies) If you have a problem here, I advised against reaching out to HR as it will leave a mark on your "file" and throw you back a year on your current progress. IF you do have a problem, keep it to yourself (something they actively let us know). Company is years behind the technology of its competitors, and worse of all its in an identity crisis. Several employees have been caught stealing from their customers and nothing was done, and in addition, customer data is far from secure. Pay is underwhelming for the requirements of tasks they ask us to do. These are just a few things about the company, and they are going to be bought out by another company by mid next year, so perhaps things will change.
Pros
Commute is pretty quick being off I90, free snacks.
Cons
Management is poor, office politics
Great work at home job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 5, 2018
Work at home jobs for tech support reps will have a hard time finding a better paying option as well as plenty of opportunities to increase knowledge and earn certifications. Clients are great and easy to work with. Management suffers from the usual call center problems, but overall a great place to work.
Pretty much commision here there is a light salary if you dont perform
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 4, 2018
This job is not really worth working here unless your performing to their standards atleast on the basic of levels. If you can become a top performer its very lucrative i saw entry level personnel pull $1500 dollars a week
Stressful but rewarding
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2018
You make great commission plus hourly if u want to work for it. I love helping people fix there tv or internet,you make a person who is very upset very happy.There are teams who a super is responsible.I
did work on the superviser help desk for 6 months .I got a hourly raise but i lost more in commissions.The hardest part was dealing with elderly people if you could not fix there issue over phone. Most of the black women would transfer there racists to me because i hated too see them upset,I never let a customer affect my mood.
Pros
people, pay, benifits
Cons
comcast started only hiring part time.
No management loyalty or honesty
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 9, 2018
Volunteered to help in multiple departments. Was never informed that I would be considered "part-time" since I spent half my day in one department and half in another. When I asked to work from home (as most employees do with a few locally working in office), due to my first home purchase being too far to commute on a regular basis I was then informed of my "part time" status regardless of meeting all expectations and goals. This is when I realized why I had been the only employee in my department to not receive an annual raise (surprise for me!). While "temporarily" commuting hours each day for weeks to prove I could be "full time" in my already full time job of over a year I developed health problems and when trying to contact management to address my "temporary" commute was extended multiple times and several times my attempts to contact management was ignored entirely until I was forced to quit and address my (now identified and treated) health concerns. This job ended up as one of the biggest disappointments of my adult life.
Pros
Work from home for some
Cons
constant policy changes that are not communicated, no respect for employees
Very structured hierarchy and job functions
Revenue Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
At Intermedia, my job and team was very structured and organized. Everyone had his/her part to play. There was no autonomy and ability to wear different hats and grow further. The company was a bit too big and corporate for my liking. The people there were friendly and professional.
a bit chaotic
Contract Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna GaMarch 30, 2018
the company had recently gone through a merger and the new company was not well organized. Quite a bit of chaos. Lack of clearly defined responsibilities.
Pros
40 hour week
Cons
chaos.
It's OK, but not for long term
Onboarding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  home workerFebruary 16, 2018
When I started it was pretty decent and great learning new things. But after a couple years that part had gotten less and less. Being a home worker there isn't much advancement opportunity, or at least it's not obvious what options are available.They also pay home workers much lower than office workers that are at the same job level and title.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low ball salary with less than industry average increases
Not enough pay for the work being accomplished
Technical Support Engineer Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 8, 2018
The pay is nowhere near average going rate for the position or the areas that they are hiring in. Changes were recently made to lower our pay and it's getting harder and harder to stay here and survive.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low pay
no comment
Sales Iaas, Saas UCaaS (Former Employee) –  mtn viewFebruary 6, 2018
some great people and some not so great mgrs. great product solutions. excellent support and on boarding teams. Sales mgmt structure is not so good within most groups/
Not a dynamic place...slow to change
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Management was not very in touch with what was happening and errors were made not once but twice. I have heard that since I left many management changes have been made. That is positive.

Overall good service for customers and they had happy customers. Most employees tried hard. Systems for sales needed massive work and simply weren't getting it. So tough to be on that team.
Pros
The office space was nice and people are friendly
Cons
Systems are not up to speed. Turnover. Low Pay
Solid place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 16, 2017
Good people and good balance for the most part. Lots of turnover in management but if you do your job and do it well you are appreciated. Some departments are unhappier than others.
Overall a good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 14, 2017
Overall I like the company and I like the culture. A typical day at work is longer than 8 hours, but I like what I am doing and I like the people I work with.
Pros
Free bagels on Tuesdays and free fruits on Thursdays
Cons
401K match is very small
Met some great new collegues that I would consider friends
Payroll Specialist (Talent Wave Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 18, 2017
As a payroll specialist Intermedia has a large employee base which keeps me very busy.

I'm a short term contractor and don't have insight to the company.
Was great
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA, India Pune,August 29, 2017
Started my 1st serious IT work here and rose from an assistant PM to head the SWOT and QA divisions and became a senior PM within an year heading multiple projects. Had a great customer base and got a lot of repeated business for the Co. Later on got them Venture funding and was involved in the whole process of due diligence. once the funding was completed was part of the restructuring process and headed the off shore division till we finalized the Head there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermedia. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight