Intermedix Staffing Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with patient and other employees
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
typical work day was very busy. the hard part of the job was make sure client where happy with the out come of the call. the most enjoyable part about my job was helping the clients.
Pros
enjoyable to work
Cons
Management not on the same pages
Unsure at first but worth it!
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2018
I have been considering Intermedix for a while as I come from a heavy medical auditing background and got the opportunity to work here and I absolutely love it. I suffered a family loss within my probation period and they were so understanding. Coming from a former 10+ year state employee, this means a lot, I have NEVER, NEVER had an employer actually care. I mean really care about me as a person and an employee. Ok back to the work.... If you can handle deadlines, working on your own, and quotas then this place is for you. Nice amount of insurance options, great 401K options, nice work schedules, and paid leave accrual after your 90 probation period. I have waited a long time to say with honesty that I truly love a job. Highly recommend.
Pros
Free coffee!!!
Cons
I haven't found any yet... which is AWESOME
Started off promising, went down hill fast.
Medical Record Specialist - "Point-Person" (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2018
Left intermedix for a better opportunity, this company is entry level and no room for growth. Decent job, if you are just looking to barely make ends meet.
Pros
Easy money/work, Set schedule
Cons
ZERO (real) training, Benefits, PTO policy & Management, very fake and condacending!
Productive and work well with others
Support Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Is a well name company, intermedix is a nationwide ambulance billing service for private health insurance and patient insurance,the company work under the HIPPA Law
na
Payments Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2018
Bad Job
Claim Examiner Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 3, 2018
i would not ever work at a billing office again and i would never refer any one to work for this company. i had never i all my life worked for a company for less then 3-4 year but this one i work for maybe 6 months.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Bad Company
Poor management
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2018
No one there really cares about the work they do. No real training because the employees that have been there for years have no idea what their doing. Outdated equipment. Outdated policies. Will low ball you , beware
Pros
Cons
Pay
Informative
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2018
During my time I learned a wealth of information regarding EMS billing, claims, different insurance type and claim submission all around. I became a trainer and was able to teach other and in assist in quality improvement for other reps, I appreciate all of the information I gained at Intermedix and for the most part enjoyed my time. In my opinion I think a Intermedix need to foster a more positive environment, the employees have a low moral which I do not believe is properly addressed.
Pros
training
Cons
moral
Challenges Knocking
Call Center Supervisor, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2018
This was a great place to train someone looking to learn what not to do in a corporate setting. There was never a typical day, unless you expected daily challenges that would not meet standard working conditions. There are good leaders who can excel in such an environment if given the proper tools and authority to make changes. There is a great need for IT and customer focused considerations as well as better consideration for the staff. I would like to be an encouragement for the future of those interested in this job, however everything that could possibly hinder success at the role, was definitely occurring at this employer.
Pros
Paycheck and benefits
Cons
Over all structure and Call Center Director
Great company with an awesome product.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 27, 2018
I've learned a great deal while working here for close to 4 years. It was a great experience as well as the knowledge I have gained about emergency preparedness processes. My skills as a software developer started here and were built upon greatly.
Convenient
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2018
When my original job shut down this was a place to go. I used to love my job but the management here just isn't good. Unstructured, no appreciation for the overtime you're forced to do. If this is the career you want, then I hope you're ready to settle for the lowest.
Pros
good experience
Cons
everything
Ethical, professional and results driven.
Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 22, 2018
Ethical, professional and results driven. Baswed onthe nature of our services which includes PHI, we follow strict guidelines and security measures. Very customer focus.
Previous Employee
Medical Coding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IntermedixMarch 8, 2018
Growth potential, Nice Co-workers and other Staff, Fast Paced Environment, Advancement opportunities and Educations Provided with Paid Training. Would work there again
Too many silos, textbook sales friction example
Vice President Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 1, 2018
The growth of Intermedix (IMX) has largely been through M&A in the last 5-8 years. Yes, they've changed out the entire c-suite during this time and there are some sharp people involved, however it doesn't seem as if organic sales are desired. The impediments and time reducing processes are remarkable. Here are some examples:

If you want to change a venue in a legal document, don't email legal, fill out a ticket and wait for legal to respond. A change of venue should be an email versus a 5-10 day turnaround.

Want to order some literature to hand out during a meeting? Fill out a marketing request form in a different system, sort through entire company literature portfolio to find your items then wait for them to be printed and mailed. Turnaround time is measured in weeks, not days.

Want to order some pens? Fill out a ticket in yet another system.

Want to review your commissions? You have to wait until AFTER they're paid to receive your Excel spreadsheet, then schedule time with someone in Accounting to review your commission and remedy errors (this takes days/weeks).

Want to schedule PTO? Yep, another system. And don't forget there's mandatory, Intermedix Academy, the HR training process where you learn all about proper behavior in the workplace, how to prevent security threats, etc., and it's in yet ANOTHER system. But don't despair, once you get to a senior level manager none of this applies to you as there's an inherit two-class system--the "haves" don't play by these rules, but the "have nots" carry the load and have to perform by a different set of rules.
  more...

Each system has it's own user id and password, some of which must be changed every quarter and for which you're provided little to no training. In fact, the joke by many senior leaders of the company is that Intermedix doesn't actually have an "on boarding" process, they have an Non Boarding process.

If you want to speak with another division (silo) to arrange for an introduction from an existing customer to a prospect within the same hospital or city, it's frowned upon. No such introduction process exists. When one division rolls out an alleged industry changing workflow and you're giving permission to sell it, make certain it works as advertised.

Be prepared for CRM micromanagement, premature deal review conference calls (2x per week) and perpetual hiring freezes.

Once you actually sell and close some BPO services, like RCM for example, follow-up with the division to make certain claims for the customer are actually going out. You guessed it, this billing company has numerous examples of systems failing to send out claims.

There are some very, very sharp people within this company. However it would seem the company is positioning itself to move in a different direction. Many people are putting forth extraordinary efforts with little to no investment by the company. It appears the PE firm owning Intermedix wants out.

They also might be the only company at this revenue level without a sales/club trip.

Caveat emptor
Pros
Very liberal expense policy--virtually nothing's refused.
Cons
Shortsighted leadership, zero investment for growth, massive expense reduction to clear books
Excellent Benefits
EMS Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 27, 2018
The health and insurance benefits are really good, however the culture isn't that great. Executive Management only looks at the bottom line and not employee retention.
Sucks the life out of you
OBB (Current Employee) –  OKCFebruary 26, 2018
Management is terrible! Hateful & rude. They don’t care about the employees. Don’t listen to what you have to say when it concerns the work load. Overworked & underpaid! You can’t have a life. I’m a hard worker & don’t need to be micromanaged about everything.
Flexibility isn’t what it use to be. That use to be a pro. But, not anymore.
Pros
Don’t have to deal with customers
Cons
Low wages ; micromanaged; no appreciation
Great job
AR Speacialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2018
Second job of mine where you can learn so much and leave with a great knowledge of billing . It was my pleasure working for this company even though I did not want to leave and will return when ever . !!!!
Cons
A lot of immature young people in the Miami location
Not enough training. Too many non written procedures, management does not listen to employee feedback
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 22, 2018
Questionable training practices, not enough training. No advancement. Preferential treatment of employees. Too many non written procedures from management. Offices all doing different processes. Management does not listen to employee feedback or concerns, hostile.
My Review
Medical Biller & Coder (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKFebruary 11, 2018
It is a good place to work and I like what I do
The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers they always have something nice to say to me when I go into the office, but I do love working from home as well
Extremely poor management
AR Denial Specialists (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHFebruary 9, 2018
In General this is just not the place to work.......
poor training
poor management
poor computer systems
the way you have to clock in is ridiculous
Pros
Cons
too many to list