Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

stressful work environment
Senior Central Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 23, 2019
it is a very stressfull job. the management is good. you need to get certified as a central processing tech and need to maintain the certification. the insurance is not that great, high deductable.
Quick paced
Cache Valley Heart Clinic (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 14, 2019
If your looking for something non-stop quick paced then this place is best for that. I always have to be moving so it fit me great. As like every place out there, there are pros and cons to working here.
Collaborative Work Place
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 14, 2019
Wore many hats. Worked on a lot of cross functional teams.
HR is slow to make changes.
Job expanded quickly without getting appropriate compensation.
Best part of the job was the training, and growth opportunities.
Cons were benefits and pay was too low.
Pros
Training
Cons
low salaries.
Nice
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 13, 2019
Very Nice, Id work there again. Lots of benefits and we got a yearly raise. The uniforms were decent and you get a good amount of breaks. Lots of extra ways to earn money while there too.
Hard but rewarding work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTMarch 9, 2019
Nurses are held to a high standard. We are encouraged to be honest and transparent caregivers. Learning from our mistakes is an important tenant at Intermountain. With so many campuses to chose from, you can easily find an intermountain job that will work for you. It's the only nursing job in the valley that provides a pension. There is a glass ceiling. Promotions are always there if you hunt for them.
Pros
pension, decent health insurance
Cons
low pay compared to cost of living in intermountain region
Great for entry level positions
Enhanced ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 6, 2019
There are so many entry-level positions available and many locations to work at. This was a great place to work for many years as I was going to school. The environment can be stressful based on the type of departments that exist in the healthcare field. They are a reputable employer in the state.
Intermountain has changed in recent years
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 6, 2019
Intermountain used to be a great destination for a career. Now, it is a great short term educational opportunity before jumping to a more employee friendly job.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Management structure is not agile and flexible (old guard is in control)
Stable place to work - Heavy workload
POLYSOMNOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 5, 2019
Your experience will vary from department to department, office to office and hospital to hospital. Being the largest employer in the state, there is always an opportunity to grow. Finding out what mentorship or advancement programs are available can be challenging, but I feel this experience was more related to the department I worked in.
i've written my review below
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 5, 2019
I love what the company does, but the management does a poor job of communicating and on an individual basis, i don't feel the value their employees. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people are my coworkers and the work i do. and seeing what the doctors do. The least enjoyable thing i do is guessing what my supervisor wants me to so because she is poor at communicating. She says one thing and then does something else which catches you off guard. Plus, they don't pay well, they don't give great bonus' and they don't give pay raises.
hardest thing ever
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTFebruary 25, 2019
I was ready for a challenge, but was horrified when I was literally left to my own devices fresh out of school and on the Trauma Team. There is no TEAM... when I asked for help I was made to feel stupid.
Was a fun place to work. Gained experience
CNA/OB Technician/Nursery Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 24, 2019
I enjoyed working at IHC. Great opportunities.. very rewarding. I learned a lot of skills. Learned crisis skills. Excellent patient was is very important.
Another case of admin not caring.
RN (Current Employee) –  IhcFebruary 21, 2019
Administration doesn't actually care about employees or the community. They don't care if you are loyal, or if you have worked there for 20+ years, they will screw you over any way possible if it means more money in their pockets.
Growing Leaders
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 20, 2019
Intermountain Healthcare is a company that is invested in building leaders who are forward thinking. A typical day at work includes safety focused huddles and lean practices throughout all processes.
Overworked
OFFICE RECEPTIONIST/SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 20, 2019
Overworked, not enough staff, poor management. I do love my job but the environment is very negative, it's very hard to keep a positive attitude. Typical day at work would be, checking in/out patients, updating and entering patient information, answering phones, faxes, scanning, taking messages, placing referrals/orders for doctors signatures, making appointments with specialists etc.
Pros
Paid time off, pension, 401K
Cons
Only allowed 20 minute break daily even when working 9 1/2 hours, not enough staff to cover when sick
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTFebruary 18, 2019
Has it’s ups and downs like any company does, overall I love working at Intermountain, they have helped me get to we’re i am today in my career and have helped pay for most of it
Good secure job that doesn't pay enough
DISTRIBUTION SPECIALIST /LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTFebruary 13, 2019
Had benefits and security but doesn't pay for the cost of living. Advancing there was extremely competitive and was definitely about who you know rather than what your knew.
Benefits
Cons
Doesn't pay enough
Terrible to work for terrible management
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTFebruary 13, 2019
TERRIBLE to work for!!!!
VERY rude and disrespectful managers.
Dishonest coworkers. LOTS OF DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!
Dishonest employment. Your employment is not guaranteed day to day. Go home one day, and you can show up to work and be fired the next.
Poor salary. You do NOT get payed for the work you put in. Raises are yearly and only a few cents extra (5-35 cents) for everyone.
Can’t use benefits. There are a large amounts of unnecessary steps you have to go through to use your benefits. You can’t use PTO ever. It hardly gets approved by management. They place restrictions on when you can use it or request. Tuition reimbursement is hard to get into. There are a lot of requirements before you’re even approved for it.

Overall, my time working here was awful. I dreaded going to work everyday because of the way I was treated. This job is over glorified in the description, and is absolutely trash. They do not provide you with opportunities to move up AT ALL. You’re talent is better used elsewhere. DO NOT APPLY!
Pros
Nothing. Every “benefit” that is supposed to be there hasn’t been removed.
Absolutely Spectacular Place to Work
Lead Clinical Research Coordinator ll (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 11, 2019
This company has been an absolutely joy to work for. From the management to the job duties to the employees, I have thoroughly enjoyed working here. I am very impressed with the structure of the company and how every seems to enjoy coming to work. The employees are always happy which I believe speaks wonders about a Company. There is a tremendous amount of freedom that is given to the employees which suggests that they trust the work their employees are putting in, and minimize the micromanaging. The Providers I've worked with have been pleasant and professional which makes my job even more enjoyable. The company will work hard for you when you work hard for it. Company advancements are very achievable and employee recognition is a regular form of appreciation here. Many breakfasts, lunches and gatherings are organized to their hard working employees.

I could go on and on about Intermountain HealthCare but simply put, I am extremely lucky and happy to be contributing my efforts to such a genuine Corporation.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Flexible hours, Independence, Recognition
Fast paced/ independent driven
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2019
For the past two years I liked working for Intermountain healthcare- the money was fair for the task they expected and you meet new people all the time. Lots of room to move up, but wasn't what I had planned to do the rest of my life. Very flexible (especially if you work for staffing)
Pros
money, new people, flexible
Cons
management, short staffed
Great doctor, horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 9, 2019
I worked for Intermountain for 3 years. After a new MA joined our team, it became a horrible work environment. She was very rude and judgmental. Everything was based on religion with her. If you weren’t a “member”, you weren’t good enough. She would treat patients differently if she didn’t think they were a member of the church. After talking with my manager several times about this and the hostile work place, nothing was ever done. It was a joke! I have found a new job and I couldn’t be more excited to leave! Intermountain is a great company but management is horrible!
Pros
Great provider, great pay
Cons
Horrible manage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss