Intermountain Healthcare

Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

United States1,287 reviews

Found 1,287 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,299 reviews
ihchealthcareutahpatienthospitaloutsourcenursebenefit

A company that you can feel like you are a making a difference in the lives of others.

I was a Stat driver. That means when I was called the job had to be done NOW! Basically I would pick of specimens from hospitals and clinics to the Intermountain Lab. At times I would be called to obtain blood or plasma in emergency situations. I would feel a great deal of satisfaction knowing I was helping others in their time of need.

Pros

You can feel a great of satisfaction knowing you are helping others in their time of need.

Cons

Pay could be better...what's new?

November 10, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. At Intermountain Healthcare, we continuously adjust pay. We assess pay on an annual basis, to reflect geography, and as the market changes. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

From the time of Intermountain take over of Healthcare partners I believe the company has gone down since a hard work is not appropriated

Unless you're personal friends with management you have no chance of advancement even you been working there 8 yrs more. There is no loyalty.Certain managers no matter how long or how much you apply and give all your time to the company warrants no promotion

Pros

Work with good Doctor and great teammates

Cons

Management holds employees back from advancement unless your personal friends of Management

November 21, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We encourage our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. Programmatically, we build deliberate opportunities to be collaborative and share feedback. We take all feedback seriously and will share your review with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Intermountain Healthcare insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Do better

It was good until they gave 17% raise increases and increased insurance benefits 100%. Stressful environment, lack of leadership. Not worth it, go to the U of U

November 15, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We take all feedback seriously and will share your review with our teams as we continue to move forward.

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits, and able to work only 2 -3 days a week because of long shifts.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Horrible management, made unsubstantiated allegation based on hearsay, on days off. Would not pull time cards when accused of missing shifts. Would not pull vocera records as evidence always logged in on shifts when accused. Such a hostile work environment, very unhealthy.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Hostile Work EnvironmentWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Chaos, understaffed

November 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We encourage our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. Programmatically, we build deliberate opportunities to be collaborative and share feedback. Examples of this include the 30, 60, 90-day check-ins with your manager as part of the new employee onboarding program, re-occurring quarterly meetings, team huddles, and staff meetings. We take all feedback seriously and will share your review with our teams as we continue to move forward.

What is the best part of working at the company?Enjoy the people I work with and my manager seems to really care for me What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The workload at my department is stressfulWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment is great I love working with everyone at my department. They do take care of you as an individual and the pay makes up for everything else What is a typical day like for you at the company?Well my department is different than every other department in the company. I work long hours from 730 am until about 630 pm and am on my feet all day fast paced clinic and sometimes I do have to take my lunch at my desk because we are very busy.

November 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We are happy to hear about your time at Intermountain Healthcare and that you enjoy our team-focused work culture. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

It’s not as good as they say it is

You will be worked harder than everyone else in the hospital and you will be paid the least, the benefits are nice but you still have to pay for them and since you’re making the least money around you can often times get your paycheck cleaned out by your benefits, the management is absolutely horrible, there’s no support, they’ll accuse you of bringing a bomb to work before they will agree to pay unemployment

Pros

None, unless you like being taken for granted and treated like an untouchable

Cons

They reduced how much pto you get, how many days you can request off in a vacation

November 4, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We take all feedback seriously and will share your review with our teams as we continue to move forward.

I love being involved in helping people

Difficult to make things work because every 3 months the schedule would change. Felt penalizing because it was based on seniority and productivity. However, if your productivity was down you got shifts in the middle of the night which often made it difficult to improve since that is not an ideal time for myself mentally.

November 4, 2022

I would work for Intermountain again

The people I worked with were nice, so the teamwork was awesome. I liked the manager I had, as he was very helpful and wanted to make sure I felt like my needs are met.

October 28, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus it to continually improve our practices. We are happy to hear about your time at Intermountain Healthcare and will share your review with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Great company, it depends on the hospital.

Great culture and company, very kind people. However, many pockets are left neglected or unattended in certain hospitals. Riverton Hospital is an amazing place to work, however, St. George Regional Hospital sports a hands-off approach to its new hires.

October 20, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Worked labor and delivery here and honestly was the best job I’ve ever had. I worked there from the time I was 18 to 21, and the doesn’t decision I made was to quit. The grass is not always greener and I promise the work environment and the coworkers made coming to work ever day a complete joy.

October 20, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We are happy to hear about your time at Intermountain Healthcare and that you enjoyed our team-focused work culture. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Great Staff

While the Staff at the Hospital is amazing, the low pay in comparison to other states continues to be a huge factor, especially for RNs with long term experience.

October 19, 2022

The company as a whole is good, it is individual locations that aren't

The organization is good. If you get into a local department run by someone that values you as a person, this could be a great place to work. Just don't trust that it will last. High burn out and turn over rates make them see you less than a person and more as number.

Pros

a paycheck

Cons

Just a number, unappreciated, bullying and retaliation is a HUGE issue

October 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We encourage our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. Programmatically, we build deliberate opportunities to be collaborative and share feedback. (Examples of this include the 30, 60, 90-day check-ins with your manager as part of the new employee onboarding program, re-occurring quarterly meetings, team huddles, and staff meetings.) We take all feedback seriously and will share your review with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Organized place

Good Place to work. Pay is however low like any other hospital. well equipped and you learn a lot. Nurses however i think are under appreciated here.

Pros

Oranized

Cons

Low pay

October 18, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. Additionally, we continuously adjust pay. We assess pay on an annual basis, to reflect geography, and as the market changes. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Lack of leadership

Would not work there again. Lack of management and direction. Very understanding when it came to needing to take FMLA. Wish it had been a more professional environment

October 13, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We strive to provide opportunities that allow our caregivers and leaders to engage in open and accessible forms of communication. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Focused Mission/Vision/Values extends to all areas of work

Amazing company - forward looking while retaining focus on core values. Flexible work arrangements, although highly demanding and precise work. Not always the best mentoring or career development opportunities as everyone is too focused on task at hand to really see the larger picture, and individual talents can be overlooked and untapped.

October 12, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. Intermountain Healthcare is committed to life-long learning and providing professional development opportunities for all our caregivers. Upward mobility is a key focus for us. We implement educational resources that empower caregivers to gain new skills that drive personal and professional growth. Some of these resources include access to an online digital learning library and partial tuition coverage for a number of accredited programs. Through these avenues, we strive to support talent development that can align with the career goals of our caregivers. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Satisfaction of helping others, but mistreated

The things I got to see and do in my job were great, but the leadership and work culture is awful. You will get reprimanded for not knowing things you were never trained on, you will personally be held responsible for work that doesn't get done because of staff shortage, and anything in your personal life will become work gossip.

October 3, 2022

Great Place To Work

IHC was a good place to work and gain knowledge and experience. They do have somewhat of a monopoly on the healthcare industry in Utah and as a result their pay is lower compared to other companies outside of Utah.

September 28, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. At Intermountain Healthcare, we continuously adjust pay. We assess pay on an annual basis, to reflect geography, and as the market changes. We are happy to hear about your time at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

I liked working there until I didn't.

I liked working here until I got hurt on the job, and during the process of going through physical therapy and surgery, I was replaced, and now I have no job. I feel like I gave my all to my job, got hurt doing it to the best of my abilities and now have nothing to show except for mounting bills and stuck in limbo.

Pros

A sense of accomplishment when completing a task.

Cons

Overbearing managers

September 28, 2022

Good people, hard working environment

I worked with great people, but the environment was often difficult to work in. Many times we were short-staffed, making shifts extremely busy. Very supportive unit and direct manager.

September 27, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Good workplace

I like working here. There are really great benefits like PTO so I’m able to take a lot of time off to go on trips. There’s a lot of different personalities you run it to but you just have to get used to it.

September 27, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value all our current and former caregivers’ feedback, as our focus is to continually improve our practices. We are happy to hear about your time at Intermountain Healthcare. We appreciate your review and will share it with our teams as we continue to move forward.

Great team, great manager no room to grow.

This place has a great culture and great management team. The work is as expected and there is always support if you don’t know what to do or need help. Negative aspects of this job is there just isn’t any room to move up. That’s okay for a lot of people as they are happy just to have a job with decent pay. But for others looking to advance their careers they will feel stuck. Also this job lacks any creature comforts. A desk a lousy chair and a tiny break room is all there is. Overall a great place to work if the cons dont affect you.

Pros

Good people, good management.

Cons

Cubicles, lack of comfort

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Intermountain Healthcare with

Intermountain Healthcare reviews by popular job title

• Intermountain Healthcare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?