Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Use to be a GREAT place to work
Senior Application Systems Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2018
Recent changes in the leadership roles are bringing down employee morale. This use to be a great place to work. not so much anymore. There have been a lot of outsourcing of many jobs and good talent is heading forthe doors. This new "leadership" is recrutiing their friends from previous companies. It is almost like they are a pack of locusts trying to devour everything in their paths. It is too bad. If you want a well run healthcare system try the University of Utah or St Lukes in Idaho.
Stressful and fun environment
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  North Ogden, UTAugust 13, 2018
Working in the urgent care it's either really busy or slow. We rarely have a steady day. I learn new things every day, whether it's about the way something is done, how to do something in a different way, new protocols, etc. Management is less than helpful when we are short-handed or in need of coverage because of that short-handedness. The hardest and most frustrating part of the job is people coming here when they really should be going to the emergency room. The best thing about the job to me is being able to help people feel better.
The best place I have ever worked!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 12, 2018
IHC is by far the best working environment I have ever worked in. Everything about them is first class. Their doctors and great and their care is world class!
Cons
Wages in Utah are very low
Good place, great benefits
Medical Laboratory Scientist (MT) (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDAugust 10, 2018
I work graveyard so I am very close with the other night time employees, but I don't get to do much with the day time people. I work in all departments and assist as needed.
Committed to excellent care and keeping people well
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 10, 2018
A company that focuses on excellent clinical care to patients and keeping people well. Currently going through a difficult period and a change in culture.
Pros
Committed to clinical excellence
Cons
Workplace culture currently in period of change
nnn
Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  St. George, UTAugust 8, 2018
Flexible hours. Pleasant work atmosphere. Excellent supervision. Enjoyable work. Great incentives. Waited 5 years for full time position that was promised but never offered.
Pros
loved my boss
Cons
no time for breaks. Half of paycheck goes to insurance.
A great and steady company to work for
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 8, 2018
There is unlimited potential for growth and advancement. They have great benefits and one of the few companies that sill provide a pension type retirement as well as a 401K.
Medical field
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 7, 2018
Working for IHC was great the second time around compared to the first. Management was great all around but they started to require more work with meager pay.
Great people to work with!!!1
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 6, 2018
I love my job here at IHC, but I can't do call anymore and late nights!!! It's a friendly place and they give us great benefits... Also
I'm worried they are looking into taking away our 401k benefit in the future.I.start at 06:30 Monday- thru Friday and do about 15 patients a day give or take, help doctors with procedures and clean equipment. We turn over patient rooms and set up rooms.. I get off at 5:00 Monday thru Thursday and I stay late a lot and work and extra day every other Friday!!!!!
Pros
Friendly work place great benifits!!!!
Cons
Long hours and lots of call!!!!!
Too serious
Print Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 1, 2018
Working for the cause of saving lives was important, but the reality was it was mostly production work to assist the really important work done in hospitals.
Pros
gifts with the company logo
Cons
budget concerns
Intermountain Healthcare
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fillmore, UTAugust 1, 2018
Intermountain Healthcare is a great place to work. The people are knowledgeable and have terrific skills. My rural hospital has a family like atmosphere and I will continue to be here for many years.
Pros
Rural setting, not many dull moments.
Cons
Rural setting, need to be cross-trained in Med/surg, Er, OB and everything in between.
Sold Off
Hospital Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 31, 2018
Intermountain sold their employees off and PROMISED we would be taken care of. The new company is requiring employees to relocate and is not following through on anything that Intermountain told us they would. Shame on Intermountain for abandoning all their employees just to save a buck.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay, poor management, outsourced
Enjoyed the many challenges and opportunities
.NET Platform developer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 30, 2018
Great work place. Enjoyed working with an array of healthcare clinicians to design and develop software to make their clinical lives easier and make their patient care optimal. I would still be working there had new management not decided to get out of the software development business and focus on healthcare. By this I mean they decided to scrap their proprietary HIS that was developed by Intermountain over 30 years and instead purchase and use a vended product created by Cerner. Fifty five developers were laid off in 2016, myself included.
Pros
Great opportunity to work with very smart people
Cons
Company didn't acknowledge loyalty
People were great
SYSTEM LINEN UTILIZATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJuly 29, 2018
CEO and managers decisions caused many loss jobs during 2018. Many great people that were highly skilled got laid off this year. It will take many years to fix what they did this year.
Pros
Cons
CEO decisions caused many loss jobs
There is just a positive attitude and a feel good atmosphere for patients
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJuly 27, 2018
There is a lot of room for advancement, and everyone works well together. The drive for excellence is very motivated. Customer Service is exceptional, and trying to make all patients happy and comfortable.
Pros
They have exceptional care
Cons
Sometimes people don't get well
Intermountain Healthcare
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 27, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Intermountain Healthcare. They have great benefits and my management team was awesome. It was hard to get time off though.
productive and fun workplace
Account Rep / Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTJuly 27, 2018
Professional environment,great co workers, good benefits, fun activiites, challenging work, easy to learn environment, great leaders and manager,nice building.
Management is very good
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2018
My manager's are very intelligent, and knowledgeable. It's unfortunate that they put so much emphasis on their reports. This creates a lot of anonymosity between their accounting department and the purchasing department.
Laboratory
Registered Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 23, 2018
The current situation is stressful. We're expected to volume of work despite losing employees and a hiring freeze. The new workflow is making it difficult to take breaks, including lunch.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short or non-existent breaks in the lab, working every weekend
Hbs
Health Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJuly 23, 2018
the training i went through was a great foundation for first time call center experience. I worked with a great team, my Mgr (no longer in that dept) was awesome to work for. She focused on training's, supporting us to be our best version of our selves. I would work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

76out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Intermountain Healthcare.

Powered by Comparably