Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Used to be great
N/A (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 15, 2018
Intermountain was a great place until the new CEO took over. He doesn’t understand what Intermountain was all about. Not only are we as employees being cut on benifits and selling jobs to other companies, but our patients are suffering. We are charging them more and they are getting less at this point in time. Moral is low and the care for patients is disappearing. It’s sad, when able I take my family to not Intermountain care facilities for more accurate and faster health service.
Pros
Benifits are still competitive.
Cons
Low moral, low pay, poor management.
Would be an amazing place of work if management treated you better and the company paid you more.
Central Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 27, 2018
All in all it's a good company and good job. But I don't like the way I'm treated by my supervisor and manager. Also their training process and the organization of the central processing department is a joke. You are expected to just figure things out with little to know direction given. The department is also very poorly organized.
Pros
Decent hours and benefits
Cons
Poor management and supervision. The bosses are very clicky, if they like you your treated like gold. If you dont suck up to them they treat you like garbage!
It has been a rollercoaster
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 28, 2018
I work in a very small, very busy Endoscopy lab. I assisted physicians in procedures, cleaned instruments and helped the nursing staff. Over the last couple of years (I have been there for over 10) we have gone through multiple managers, had staffing cuts, and then hired too many and so forth. It has been rough. Rumors are that they are going to be taking away 401k matching and the yearly bonus, which has already been smaller and smaller every year. It is clear that they are not working to keep their staff happy. Floors are always working short, nurses worry that patients aren't getting the best care possible, but admin just wants to save money. I thought I would be a lifer, but I am getting out ASAP.
Pros
busy, great coworkers
Cons
low pay, always short staffed, not appreciated by admin
Productive place to work with great benefits.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 28, 2018
Intermountain Healthcare is a great place to work. They offer many benefits to their employees. The hardest part of my job is the commute. I was recently offered a job with Intermountain where I must commute two hours to work and then two hours back home. I enjoy working with the people and I enjoy my job. The culture at the office is one of caring and helping each other which constitutes a team.
Pros
Paid Holidays and time off, 401K, Pension, Medical/Dental Insurance, Eye Insurance
Great people to work with!!!1
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 6, 2018
I love my job here at IHC, but I can't do call anymore and late nights!!! It's a friendly place and they give us great benefits... Also
I'm worried they are looking into taking away our 401k benefit in the future.I.start at 06:30 Monday- thru Friday and do about 15 patients a day give or take, help doctors with procedures and clean equipment. We turn over patient rooms and set up rooms.. I get off at 5:00 Monday thru Thursday and I stay late a lot and work and extra day every other Friday!!!!!
Pros
Friendly work place great benifits!!!!
Cons
Long hours and lots of call!!!!!
Politics
Executive Assistant to the CNO and Nurse Directors (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 11, 2018
There was a lot of politics in the company. While an Executive Secretary I watched how they would set other employees up so they would leave, or get fired. They always got what they wanted. When they wanted to get rid of me so they could hire a a nurse managers daughter, they looked for things and watched me like a hawk. They eventually got what they wanted, but they know how to cross their T's and dot their I's. I fought them but they knew how to fight back to win.
Pros
I loved working in a healthcare facility and get some experience
Cons
You're never safe, even when you work hard to do your job.
Great clinic
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTAugust 17, 2018
Great doctors to work for and a wonderful manager. No advancement options for front desk staff, and no competitive pay. Part-time employees do not get fair benefits/holiday pay/ or PTO. I enjoy the patient care, helping people is very rewarding but since the new CEO the value of the company has changed dramatically.
Pros
Great management
Cons
benefits part time employees
The Intermountain I know doesn't value it's employees.
Clinical Quality Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2018
During the year I was at Intermountain, I watched as a new boss came in and eliminated eight new hires with no willingness to help people receive the time or training to do their jobs properly. I also was there for a large lay off of around 2000 administrative staff, and most of their IT staff. It is my impression that, unless you are a doctor, you are expendable at Intermountain Healthcare.
Pros
Benefits and pay.
Cons
Management replaces employees at the drop of a hat.
Busy Family Practice
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTNovember 11, 2018
Busy family practice with 10 providers. Not enough staff and there is a high turnover even though I really liked my manager. This position was not for me and no room for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits and great location
Cons
No room for advancement, needed more staff and high turnover.
Hostile Environment
Revenue Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Intermountain Healthcare. However, the last 2 years I've worked there I was under different management/leadership. They were extremely inadequate and unprofessional. They did not honor Intermountain's "Healing Commitments". Leadership were extremely catty and childish. Only talked to one another, and didn't make the employees on my team feel valued. There was a tremendous amount of hostility in my department. Then, my department was outsourced to R1. I understand changes, yet there are so many that have given their heart and souls to the Intermountain organization. You are no longer seen as a human being, but a number in the crowd. The warm feel is no more. They are all about money money money.
Pros
Pension, Good healthcare benefits, Friendships
Cons
Poor Management, Hostile Environment, Rarely able to take a scheduled day off
Great company to work for
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 10, 2018
I worked for IHC in a variety of positions and roles for several years, and enjoyed every position. It is a big company, so there's always internal postings and room to advance and grow.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Big corporate company, so not a lot of room for creativity
Good company
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Murray, UT 84157December 4, 2018
Overall a very competitive and patient oriented company. While patient care is a primary concern I often felt that employees were less important to them. They have good benefits and competitive salaries
Pros
patient oriented
Cons
less employee oriented
Very high quality and collaborative culture
Interpreter/translator (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 20, 2018
Although the pay has dropped in recent years, still the best place to work. Benefits are great, working environment is great, health care is top quality, and many opportunities for career advancement.
Pros
Working with very well trained professionals is great!
Cons
Pay is kind of low right now
Great workers, terrible management and plans
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMay 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for the year I was there. Loved my patients, Dermatology clinic, Wound clinic, Pulmonary clinic and Internal Med. After the switch of CEOs to Harrison the goals of patient care in AF, UT were not clear and questions not answered. Management was terrible with no forward goals, only check in the box agendas with dog and pony shows. Too much politics for simple jobs without sufficient supplies. Do with what you have in 36 hours or less is Managements moto.
Pros
Health and dental benefits and dicounts at certain places.
Cons
Marc Harrison, management agendas over patient care.
I like the work, but the pay and benefits are not worth it.
Blood Gas Tech (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTApril 27, 2018
The work itself is great. I love healthcare. There is nothing about my work that I can complain about. As for compensation for what I do I am extremely under paid. IHC does not compare us to the other blood gas jobs out there and the roles in the hospital that are similar to ours, we are not justly compensated. The longer you've been there, the less you get paid. Management in my department is awful. It's all about the budget and cutting back, not about patient care. The benefits IHC offers are expensive for a company that owns the insurance they are offering you. They also have awful coverage when you actually need to have something done.
Pros
I have a set schedule and work 36 hours a week
Cons
pay, benefits, management, Ceo
Good Job
Coordinator Billing Team (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 4, 2018
I worked hard at my job but also worked in an office that was relaxed and fun. My managers were knowledgeable and easy to access. My most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that doing a quality job was rewarded and recognized.
Pros
No micro management, friendly teams, great benefits
Cons
Recent changes
Good company. Largest employer in Utah.
Care Transformation service provider (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 26, 2018
IHC is a great company. Some of the employees have recently been outsourced to outside 3rd parties which have done things I do not agree with. Outside of that, it is a good company to work for.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes, Live well benefits.
Cons
3rd parties
Internal Audit Department
Staff Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2018
The Internal Audit department tends to offer contradictory messages and very little training. Turnover is extremely high and management has little concern about employee retention. If you ask questions you are penalized in your reviews once a. Audit is concluded. Audit tools are outdated and methodology is confusing and difficult to work with.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Once was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 15, 2018
management was great, new CEO transitioned 1500+ jobs to India. once was a great company now what remains people are not happy. once the largest employer in Utah.
benefits
Cons
job ended
Intermountain Healthcare
ELIGIBILITY COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 20, 2018
I worked here years ago and I loved the company. The benefits are amazing and the people are even better. I'm not sure how much this helps, since there has been vast administration changes since I left.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Intermountain Healthcare.

Powered by Comparably