Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Tenured employees do not make new employees feel welcome
Laboratory Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murray, UT 84107May 22, 2018
My department feels like high school; very clique'ish and not very welcoming to the new people. If you come with experience like I did, management does not utilize it, seek your input for new ideas or use you to your full potential.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Lots of huge organizational changes
Hostile Environment
Revenue Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Intermountain Healthcare. However, the last 2 years I've worked there I was under different management/leadership. They were extremely inadequate and unprofessional. They did not honor Intermountain's "Healing Commitments". Leadership were extremely catty and childish. Only talked to one another, and didn't make the employees on my team feel valued. There was a tremendous amount of hostility in my department. Then, my department was outsourced to R1. I understand changes, yet there are so many that have given their heart and souls to the Intermountain organization. You are no longer seen as a human being, but a number in the crowd. The warm feel is no more. They are all about money money money.
Pros
Pension, Good healthcare benefits, Friendships
Cons
Poor Management, Hostile Environment, Rarely able to take a scheduled day off
Amazing to place work!
McKay-Dee Hospital Administration Intern (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 9, 2018
Love the atmosphere and environment for employees and patients at Intermountain healthcare. Healthcare as a whole can be challenging, but Intermountain has found a great balance.
Used to be great
Withheld (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2018
Intermountain Healthcare used to be a beacon of excellence in the healthcare world. Recent changes have made it a horrible environment where majority of people are miserable. Amazing employees have seen their job eliminated and forced to take a job that that does not utilize their skills or talents or forced to resign without any compensation.
Typical Day at Work
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 8, 2018
I was an intern at this company in their Human Resources Department. It was a plain job; I would contact potential employees and offer positions or I would contact references for potential employees.
Going Downhill
Angry IT employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2018
The company is outsourcing much of it's overhead. If you work in IT don't apply. It has been a good company in the past, many IT workers stayed on because of the culture and stability. This is no longer the case.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Company Turmoil
Job review
Respiratory Equipment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2018
I love what i do there but the hours are hard to work, and the way that it is managed is very frustrating. They were great to work with on scheduling for school and helped me pay for some of it at the same time. Other than the hours i would recommend working there.
Employee appreciation
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTMay 6, 2018
Employee's were given gifts several times through the year. The gifts are quality made and useful.

They also bonus at the end of the year which is wonderful.
Pros
Employee appreciation
Cons
pay
Great workers, terrible management and plans
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTMay 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for the year I was there. Loved my patients, Dermatology clinic, Wound clinic, Pulmonary clinic and Internal Med. After the switch of CEOs to Harrison the goals of patient care in AF, UT were not clear and questions not answered. Management was terrible with no forward goals, only check in the box agendas with dog and pony shows. Too much politics for simple jobs without sufficient supplies. Do with what you have in 36 hours or less is Managements moto.
Pros
Health and dental benefits and dicounts at certain places.
Cons
Marc Harrison, management agendas over patient care.
It WAS a great place to work.
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMay 3, 2018
I loved my job at IHC until about a year ago. They started switching from a company that really did care about everyone to a company that only cares about the bottom line.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
expect you to work late... a lot
The office can make/break an experience
Research (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 3, 2018
If you aren't LDS, keep it to yourself. You don't know who is taking exception until things have gone south. Protect yourself. Some coworkers are amazing, good people. Some aren't.
I loved working for this company
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 1, 2018
I loved working for this company had a great learning experience. Great environment worked with wonderful people that made you feel like family everyone made you feel welcomed.
Seen better days
Office Manager/RCO Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 30, 2018
Don't think they put enough effort in deciding what company to send the RCO too. They moved everyone over then within a week the new company changed a lot of stuff.
Stressful
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2018
Very bad management not value employees
No raise income only 30 cent a year
People always call in and quiet the job too many favoritism to someone doesn’t care about employees
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Bad management
I like the work, but the pay and benefits are not worth it.
Blood Gas Tech (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTApril 27, 2018
The work itself is great. I love healthcare. There is nothing about my work that I can complain about. As for compensation for what I do I am extremely under paid. IHC does not compare us to the other blood gas jobs out there and the roles in the hospital that are similar to ours, we are not justly compensated. The longer you've been there, the less you get paid. Management in my department is awful. It's all about the budget and cutting back, not about patient care. The benefits IHC offers are expensive for a company that owns the insurance they are offering you. They also have awful coverage when you actually need to have something done.
Pros
I have a set schedule and work 36 hours a week
Cons
pay, benefits, management, Ceo
Great workplace
ED Administrator (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 26, 2018
Its a great company to work for, with great benefits. The hardest part is the hours, but the pay is worth it. The managers are great and its a great work environment.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad hours
Wonderful place a few years ago but it no longer is
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 25, 2018
I used to be proud to work for Intermountain, however, they have drastically changed the values and environment. I no longer feel like a vital part of the team, and I feel they no longer care about me or my safety.
Fun to work
Laundry/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2018
I love to work at the laundry and housekerping really fun to work like those kind of work and I would like to make some friends to work on thing I really want this jobs
Most colleagues in the same role are competent but a few are not.
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTApril 22, 2018
Direct management is excellent and shifts are flexible. Upper management seems to be lacking as well us upper management over my position. When putting in for mid management positions, the position already had someone picked for it. Several applicants, whom, were well qualified were passed over. Historically, according to most, supervisor positions go to someone that is pre-picked. This is an unfair business practice and reflects negatively on the company.
Pros
Shift flexibility, great immediate supervisor.
Cons
Some incompetent colleagues and little chance for advancement.
Ihc sucks
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UT 84604April 22, 2018
Theyre discriminatory, racist, hostile and passive aggressive. Worse place I ever worked. Managment were cruel controlling and micromanaging. Which created a bad work environment.
Pros
Left job
Cons
better management would make work environment so much better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.