Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Intermountain healthcare used to be a great place to work
Customer Service/Patient financial services (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 12, 2018
However they contracted and sold off Intermountain healthcare to a company called R1. I used to love going to work and enjoyed every second of it! I was excited to go back to school and they would help pay for school! But when they sold off the company they lost core values of caring for their employees and taking care of them.
Pros
Good day, no weekends
Cons
Bad company, don’t care about their employees anymore
Ihc
Administrative Assistant/Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 11, 2018
Its a good company with awful upper management. Marc Harrison has lost the vision of what the company stands for. I feel like he only cares about they money going into his pocket and not the care of the patients.
Very inconsistent schedule and hours
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 2, 2018
Intermountain Healthcare is a good company but it is kind of a stressful place to work. I am a full-time college student and I was promised a job with certain hours to work with my schedule but instead they have me working different shifts and crazy hours and it is starting to interfere with my schoolwork.
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 1, 2018
I loved working at IHC and would still be there today, but my job was moved to Salt Lake. The team environment was excellent and the my supervisors were amazing!
Productive place to work with great benefits.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 28, 2018
Intermountain Healthcare is a great place to work. They offer many benefits to their employees. The hardest part of my job is the commute. I was recently offered a job with Intermountain where I must commute two hours to work and then two hours back home. I enjoy working with the people and I enjoy my job. The culture at the office is one of caring and helping each other which constitutes a team.
Pros
Paid Holidays and time off, 401K, Pension, Medical/Dental Insurance, Eye Insurance
Intermountain healthcare is a great place to work, great learning opportunities.
OR DATA COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 25, 2018
Intermountain healthcare is a great place to work. The typical work day would be a fast-paced but controlled environment. I have learned many skills within the years of employment, that I will use for the rest of my career. Our management team is amazing.
Pros
Free Lunches
Intermountain
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 25, 2018
The management was terrible in the Lab. I wasn't able to get the shift I was promised and when I needed to adjust it to go back to school, they did not work with me at all and I had to quit.
I enjoyed my job
representative for commercial insurance (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 24, 2018
I had a challenging job but it was rewarding. I was able to get medical claims billed correctly which helped patients. I worked with a variety of insurances.
Pros
comfortable atmosphere
Cons
short lunches
Wonderful workplace environment
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was direct patient care. I loved working with the patients and providing extraordinary care. As a team lead, I provided leadership and teaching opportunities to the staff. Intermountain Healthcare is passionate about their mission and I stand with them in living up to this mission statement.
Pros
Flexible working hours when needed
Great company, great job, but not concerned for individual growth.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2018
The biggest reason I decided to leave Intermountain is because there was no clear career advancement opportunities. I was learning and growing on my own, but I didn't feel like I was working "at the top of my license". The 2018 company-wide reorganization made that even clearer when I realized I hadn't had an opportunity for promotion since I started, and there weren't really any signs that would change.
Overworked
Respiratory equipment assistant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 18, 2018
The people who you work with are nice but they always expect you to be doing 2-4 people’s worth of work with no extra compensation. I was expected to do 3 peoples jobs before I even knew how to do my single job.
Benefits
Cons
Always want you available
Great and dependable co-workers
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 18, 2018
I was very fortunate to work with some really great people. Each of us realizing working together allows the day to go smoothly which provided optimal patient relations/care. I believe friendship is the key to a happy workplace. The hardest part of the job is working with employees that don't have the same hard work ethics. I feel this brings a negative feeling into the work day or a wrench in a well oiled machine. Dealing with this is a challenge but you just have to come up with something to bring them up to speed. The most enjoyable part would be a thank you and knowing I did everything as quickly and effectively as possible
Pros
Great manager allowing us to put my family before work.
Cons
No breaks. Advancement offered to "certain" employees.
Used to be great
N/A (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 15, 2018
Intermountain was a great place until the new CEO took over. He doesn’t understand what Intermountain was all about. Not only are we as employees being cut on benifits and selling jobs to other companies, but our patients are suffering. We are charging them more and they are getting less at this point in time. Moral is low and the care for patients is disappearing. It’s sad, when able I take my family to not Intermountain care facilities for more accurate and faster health service.
Pros
Benifits are still competitive.
Cons
Low moral, low pay, poor management.
Once was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 15, 2018
management was great, new CEO transitioned 1500+ jobs to India. once was a great company now what remains people are not happy. once the largest employer in Utah.
benefits
Cons
job ended
Endoscopy was exciting and a fun culture to be a part of
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2018
I loved working as Endoscopy Tech! The job was very demanding and at times very difficult. Being on call for the ER and ICU was my favorite part of the job. The physicians are amazing to work with. Endoscopy is a close and tight knit family, I'm glad I was a part of it.
Fun, fast-paced job fit for anyone!
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 12, 2018
Working at Intermountain Healthcare was probably my favorite job I have ever had. My managers and coworkers were the best, and I just loved working there.
Pros
Incentives, amazing work environment
Cons
Nothing really!
staff
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 4, 2018
I am not a fan of Intermountain Health care, I don't see myself returning there for any reason, There really isn't any career advancement. You never feel valued as an employee.
Pros
not enough
Cons
Too many
Good Job
Coordinator Billing Team (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 4, 2018
I worked hard at my job but also worked in an office that was relaxed and fun. My managers were knowledgeable and easy to access. My most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that doing a quality job was rewarded and recognized.
Pros
No micro management, friendly teams, great benefits
Cons
Recent changes
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 3, 2018
Intermountain is a wonderful place to work but the pay is a little low for Utah. The atmosphere is great and wonderful team work. Great Doctors and co-workers.
Worked with some great and wonderful people. Everyone made me feel welcome
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTAugust 30, 2018
Altogether inter mountain is the best employer I’ve ever worked for. They take care of all their employees. Everyone were great to work with. I was able to work different shift they offered. Day and graveyard shift. The doctors and nurses were very pleasant to work with
Pros
Bonuses. Job security.
Cons
Kitchen not open during evening shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss