Intermountain Healthcare Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Director (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTApril 18, 2018
Intermountain Healthcare is part of the foundation of Utah. Their mission to provide affordable health care to the community is ingrained in all they do.
Pros
Dedicated people, benefits
Cons
Challenging times for healthcare
Last year was hard
Laboratory Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 18, 2018
I enjoyed my role working with medical staff at the clinics I was assigned to. The last year we started undergoing many changes that were contrary to how we operated during the first 10 + years. I felt that I was not able to adapt to the new model and chose to retire early.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
excessive travel
used to be a great place to work
Operations Coordinator-North Region (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTApril 18, 2018
After hiring the new CEO Intermountain healthcare has gone downhill. They outsourced my job to a company that is not equipped to handle something as big as Intermountain Healthcare.
Wonderful place to work
Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 18, 2018
Wonderful place to work! Being an interpreter you have the privilege to work in different departments with different individuals. Patients you helped feel so grateful after the services provided from the interpreter
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2018
Started 9-5
Worked with so many nice people
Supervisors were professional
Conservative people
Finishing up month end was the hardest part
Most enjoyable part of the job was the activities and coworkers
Medical coding and billing
Worked with so many different medical insurance and Medicaid
Made payments to patients account.
Great Place to work
Hospitial Patient Account (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTApril 16, 2018
Great place to work as long as you are not in a billing or IT dept. Company was a fun company to work for. Enjoyed my work and the people who I worked with. I felt appreciated most of the time. Managers were great and worked easily with you. There was not one manager that wouldn't step in and help if needed. Benefits were good along with a retirement and pension plan.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Outsourcing
decent temp job
IT Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 14, 2018
no career advancement and currently undergoing re-structuring across multiple departments, including outsourcing. facility itself is nice but the department I work in does not foster communication within the team nor do they want you to take lunch breaks, They encourage a working lunch.
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 13, 2018
I have loved working at intermountain healthcare. My job is fast paced and challenging. I am a fairly new nurse and I feel comfortable asking my coworkers for help which is very important to me. The doctors and techs are awesome and the whole department works well as a team. My manager is great and is always willing to help in anyway possible. I am able to get time off for vacations and am also able to work up to 20 hours of overtime a week when I want. Pay is competitive for Utah although Utah does pay less than the national average. Also I often work 12 hour shifts without a break. Overall I am extremely satisfied with my job.
Pros
great team approach, great benefits
Cons
No breaks
Extra Payer Activities
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2018
Quarterly we would provide a payer (insurance company representatives) with an opportunity to take a day to spend with us in an informative but fun interactive program. One large program would be held once a year at resorts and then more were held locally for those who could not attend the weekend involved events. They included education on updated processes and procedures at Intermountain Healthcare and by our providers. Dinners and entertainment to allow interaction between all Intermountain Healthcare and insurance representatives to build relationships and bond our alliance to provide the best health care services and establish a negotiation balance to provide the best reimbursement and cooperation between the provider and the payer.
Pros
cohesive group effort to assist each other with technique and process
Cons
resistant or abrasive outside representatives that had a difficult time working within the process.
good place to work
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTApril 9, 2018
overall good place to work, however extremely hard to advance in many areas. Advancement opportunities are hard to come by. Compensation is low , but they do offer decent benefits.
Great place to work until outsourcing
Team Lead/Provider Enroller (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 9, 2018
I loved working for Intermountain Healthcare and I planned to stay with the company until retirement. However, my job, along with 2500 other people's job, has been outsourced to R1 RCM.
Good work environment, low end pay
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2018
Intermountain Healthcare fosters a good work environment, where employees are encouraged to give their feedback on the daily processes of the company, and to think of the patient first. However, they lowball their employees on their pay, and someone just starting with the company makes only slightly less than what someone in the same position makes who has been with the company for several years.
Changing
System Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2018
I have worked at IHC for 10+ years. Everything is being outsourced to control costs. Employee morale is at an all time low. Incredible and talented leaders and staff are losing their jobs as the organization flattens its structure. Many employees don't feel safe or valued. Not a good environment to step into right now.
Pros
Historical financial stability. Pension & 401(k) with match.
Cons
Currently restructuring. Low morale. No voice in decision making.
Good Company, but it's changing.
Central Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 6, 2018
I've worked for Intermountain Healthcare for about 3 years. The pay is good and competitive. But Intermountain is starting to outsource its employees. I know of employees who have just been let go with little or no notice. The moral is low among employees and management. You know your company is shady when they tell the news media first of layoffs instead of telling their own employees first.
Pros
Good pay, Good people to work with.
Cons
Bad management, no communication between higher management and employees. Can be stressful.
Great Staff!!
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTApril 5, 2018
This Department I feel is one of the best. With the staff they have. It is like a family they all have each other back and you never worry about going into a procedure feeling like all the bases are not covered.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Low Pay
Great organization but the changes remain to be seen if positive
Not Disclosed (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2018
Intermountain has long been known as a very safe environement with great culture. Recent changes are changing the narrative. The future is uncertain
Pros
Culture, Collaboration, Safe Environment
Cons
If everything is "strategic", by definition, nothing ends up being strategic
Changing work environment
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTApril 4, 2018
This was a great job and will continue to be great for the positions hired in Salt Lake in new company R1.
There are many other departments which you can transfer to if you are unhappy or wanting a change.
Pros
Values and goals were important
Cons
New outsourcing
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 30, 2018
I really like the atmosphere. Everyone is so willing to help each other. Benefits way out weigh most companies out there. Plus they support education for their employees.
Pros
Great perks
Upheaval drives change
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 29, 2018
Administrative support position handling organization for Department Manager, collecting and maintaining files for all required contracts/documentation for regional tenants, associated accounting functions, direct customer service to tenants and local office computer support and managment.

IHC has been a company that supported good values, healthy lifestyle and work/life balance. Working for an organization that has supporting values that match your personal values is rewarding.

Working through the major corporate restructuring has been the biggest challenge.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Location change
It has been a good place to learn new things.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 28, 2018
There is too much back stabbing within the employees. The turnover is too high and the patient to staff ratio is awful. The thing I loved about CVU are the doctors are wonderful.
Pros
I learned a lot of things about the heart.
Cons
I didn't feel like I got enough support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intermountain Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.