Internal Medicine Associates Employee Reviews

Great people
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2018
Great people, family and community focused.
Free office visits to empolyees.
Hours and benefits are good.
Pay is decent but raises are not offered.
Limited ability to move up.
Pros
Good people, hours, benefits, snacks are always around
Cons
No room to advanced, no raises.
no comment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 21, 2018
No raises or advancement for my career. worked with 2 providers daily. Typical work day. worked lots of OT. Learned confidence in my position and alot of experience. Alot of negativity. Most enjoyable working with wonderful patients and employees
too many bosses
CQM coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
no one really has the authority to control, ceo never has anything to say to employees.. benefits are low standard and no incentives for their workers. nothing done when holidays come and no company lunches
Collaboration is not possible
Finance Director/Controller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 14, 2018
We cannot work in a vacuum and therefore Management Meetings are necessary to collaborate. In this facility there is no time for collaboration or planning. Each Manager operates independently without concerning themselves with the unintended consequences of their actions. Costs began to rise, efficiency began to fall, and employment became a revolving door.
While the Owners received a great deal of blame for failure to agree to many changes one has to wonder if they were presented in a clear coherent manner. Throughout the week there were knee-jerk reactions to all manner of events that were much greater in response than the event required.
Efforts would be undermined by other managers who would claim successes and blame failures.
Pros
Many very nice co-workers
Cons
Poor management without a plan to bring employees onboard their journey
Overall Subpar to work for
Clinical Laboratory Assistant/Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 2, 2018
Clinic was extremely busy and could not keep a full and competent support staff.
Management did not seem to have much authority to make clinic decisions.
For the most part the staff was fun and willing to help each other.
Working with the patients and having a rapport with them made the job extremely rewarding and made up for the poor management.
Pros
Providers are wonderful to work with
Cons
Support staff is not supported by upper management
Get your foot in the door
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 12, 2018
It’s a good place to start off in the medical field. A lot of room for advancement because the job is always looking to hire within the company first.
Pros
Money is good. Room for advancement
Cons
Poor management, unorganized
depressing and stressful in the work area
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 15, 2019
You basically is dealing with 50 or more patients per doctor making sure you have them checked in on time, demographics up-dated, verify insurance/ co-payment. Team Leader only informs us on what we've done wrong, but does'nt appreciate the things we did do correctly.
Pros
free lunches, and holidays off, and I absolutely enjoyed some of my patients
Cons
excessive turn-over rate, unstructured, lack of communiucation with clinical and clerical, over-worked and under-paid.
Find something else.
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER/REFFERAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 16, 2018
Poor Management, no room for advancement, severe micromanagement when unnecessary, poor leadership, you are constantly belittled. Dr is a great Dr, just not a great employer. Would be good for experience and to get you use to multitasking in a high pace environment, but not a long term career choice.
Horrible Management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 27, 2018
Management is very cut throat - and is very unprofessional. Very poor training by company - company management is very unstable - employee turnover is extremely high.
Pros
The Doctors are great
Cons
The Management is extremely unprofessional
job for starting out
Employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 13, 2018
not much advancement within unless you fit in with the upper management click. Too many people getting away with work related problems and still manage to keep their job all because of the management they hang with. Job openings are never posted for internal employees. Upper management doesnt have time to speak with employees Low pay for expected work
Great co-workers, bad management and pay
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 31, 2018
They under pay the employees and over work them, management needs better training to know how to properly manage the office and the employees, for a big company the insurance is too expensive for some to even afford, overall, I would never recommend anyone to work here. They feed you promises that they cant keep. What a disappointment and this is the worst job I ever had.
Pros
Free lunches, Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay, Over priced insurance, Bad management
Very fast paced
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 25, 2018
we see upwards of 300 plus patients a day. get half a day on Friday.very stressful. accrue vacation time. don't get paid enough for what we have to go through. don't get enough training.
My job is no longer
Medical Consultant (Former Employee) –  HomeNovember 27, 2018
Increasing regulation decreased our workload to the point where work is scarce. My boss and I were working from different locations, and increasing regulation limited out access to records and communication.
Pros
Flexible, worked from home, autonomy
Cons
Working for one other person is always risky
Front Desk Receptionist
Medical Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2018
This place was very fast paced. The first and foremost important reason I enjoyed working at this place is I loved when patients would come back for a follow up and tell me how much better they feel after having a procedure.
Pros
Free lunches
Learning to work for multiple Doctors
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 28, 2018
At this job I was taught how to do referals and pre-certifications for an office with 5 different Doctors. This job was very fast paced but fun to work at. Great office environment.
Pros
Great office environment
Cons
Work hours
Great company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 10, 2018
I worked at this office for two years and loved working with the Doctor. I learned a lot from him and the way he ran his office. I would still be working there if I didn't have to move.
Great working with patients
Patient Check In/Out (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with the patients on a daily basis. I worked hard at maintaining a wonderful work ethic. My coworkers are fantastic. The pay is super low. I have no choice but to seek employment just to sustain a normal lifestyle if not that I would stay.
Pros
great staff
Cons
pay
Decent workplace
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with my peers and interacting with patients, but was not fond of management and how things were run. Could have been improved and personal differences set aside.
Team player oriented place to work.
Payroll/Benefits Administrator/HR (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 26, 2018
IMA was a family oriented company and would assist in helping with giving time off for family emergencies.

I enjoyed my nine years with the company and was sad to have to leave.
Loved this job !!!!
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 16, 2017
Closed three small offices and relocated to a 32K square foot practice, fun fast paced.Very family friendly. opened a radiology unit and also a sleep study unit.
Pros
Great Benefits