Internal Medicine Associates Employee Reviews

Collaboration is not possible
Finance Director/Controller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 14, 2018
We cannot work in a vacuum and therefore Management Meetings are necessary to collaborate. In this facility there is no time for collaboration or planning. Each Manager operates independently without concerning themselves with the unintended consequences of their actions. Costs began to rise, efficiency began to fall, and employment became a revolving door.
While the Owners received a great deal of blame for failure to agree to many changes one has to wonder if they were presented in a clear coherent manner. Throughout the week there were knee-jerk reactions to all manner of events that were much greater in response than the event required.
Efforts would be undermined by other managers who would claim successes and blame failures.
Pros
Many very nice co-workers
Cons
Poor management without a plan to bring employees onboard their journey
Overall Subpar to work for
Clinical Laboratory Assistant/Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 2, 2018
Clinic was extremely busy and could not keep a full and competent support staff.
Management did not seem to have much authority to make clinic decisions.
For the most part the staff was fun and willing to help each other.
Working with the patients and having a rapport with them made the job extremely rewarding and made up for the poor management.
Pros
Providers are wonderful to work with
Cons
Support staff is not supported by upper management
Team player oriented place to work.
Payroll/Benefits Administrator/HR (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 26, 2018
IMA was a family oriented company and would assist in helping with giving time off for family emergencies.

I enjoyed my nine years with the company and was sad to have to leave.
Great working with patients
Patient Check In/Out (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working with the patients on a daily basis. I worked hard at maintaining a wonderful work ethic. My coworkers are fantastic. The pay is super low. I have no choice but to seek employment just to sustain a normal lifestyle if not that I would stay.
Pros
great staff
Cons
pay
Get your foot in the door
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 12, 2018
It’s a good place to start off in the medical field. A lot of room for advancement because the job is always looking to hire within the company first.
Pros
Money is good. Room for advancement
Cons
Poor management, unorganized
Decent workplace
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 8, 2018
Enjoyed working with my peers and interacting with patients, but was not fond of management and how things were run. Could have been improved and personal differences set aside.
Fun place to work
LPN Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 3, 2018
Loved IMA great environment great co workers great doctors great hours half day on Friday phone calls are heavy. Work load is manageable overall great experience
Find something else.
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER/REFFERAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 16, 2018
Poor Management, no room for advancement, severe micromanagement when unnecessary, poor leadership, you are constantly belittled. Dr is a great Dr, just not a great employer. Would be good for experience and to get you use to multitasking in a high pace environment, but not a long term career choice.
Nice place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 9, 2018
I worked here while going to school. They were great at working around my school schedule. I floated within the office and enjoyed working with all of the CMAs and doctors.
Great for experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 1, 2018
Great to work to gain experience and once you have some experience then you can continue working or just go out in the real world and find another specialty you would wanna work in.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Slow days
Exciting but stressful
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 16, 2018
Going in having to switch roles constantly and lack of training was annoying. I feel there was no room for movement and the pay wasn't worth all the stress of having to run and search for files on and off business grounds. Always lost files. Didn't really learn anything i didn't already know. Hardest part of my job was when files were lost they need a better system. Most enjoyable was the patients.
job for starting out
Employee (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 13, 2018
not much advancement within unless you fit in with the upper management click. Too many people getting away with work related problems and still manage to keep their job all because of the management they hang with. Job openings are never posted for internal employees. Upper management doesnt have time to speak with employees Low pay for expected work
Ok place to work at.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 10, 2018
Enjoyed working here, but the hours became long and knowing the Dr was getting ready to retire was hard. As one Dr retired while there and wanted job security.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No cons
Good Place
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 4, 2018
I have worked here for 11 years and I like working with the people in the office. Also we have a really good Doctors here in our clinic .Our office is making alot of updates to the clinic and just the overall of how we do things here. We are making it better for our patient care.
Great co-workers, bad management and pay
MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 31, 2018
They under pay the employees and over work them, management needs better training to know how to properly manage the office and the employees, for a big company the insurance is too expensive for some to even afford, overall, I would never recommend anyone to work here. They feed you promises that they cant keep. What a disappointment and this is the worst job I ever had.
Pros
Free lunches, Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay, Over priced insurance, Bad management
too many bosses
CQM coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
no one really has the authority to control, ceo never has anything to say to employees.. benefits are low standard and no incentives for their workers. nothing done when holidays come and no company lunches
no comment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 21, 2018
No raises or advancement for my career. worked with 2 providers daily. Typical work day. worked lots of OT. Learned confidence in my position and alot of experience. Alot of negativity. Most enjoyable working with wonderful patients and employees
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMay 17, 2018
These doctors have set up an excellent environment for work. The supervisors and department leaders help each area move forward daily with very few hiccups along the way. The office runs smoothly from patient check-in to patient check-out.
Fun to work
Medical record Coordinator/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLMay 7, 2018
Working at Internal Medicine Associate is awesome! People are very nice, friendly and Understanding. I love the place , but their is no career advantage.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
no career advancement
Freedom
ARNP (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 16, 2018
ARNPs are free to work independently without micromanaging, communication could be better as often those not in offices do not know what is going on until you hear it via the grapevine