Internal Revenue Service Employee Reviews

my first job
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  utahApril 14, 2018
I feel i was raised there. They taught me so much. I am now an accountant and prepare taxes, they taught me tax law and i formed so many relationships. Now my daughter works there so i handed the torch off. The IRS treats their people right.
Assist customers with polite customer services
CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2018
Answer all customers responds in timely manner and provide excellent customer services. help customers with any issue to be resolved with there account.
Pros
can be challenge at times
Cons
over come the challenge
Good, consistent work
Numbering Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAApril 10, 2018
In this position, the income tax forms were brought to us to number for the data entry people at the next step. We would be pull a tray of different types of income tax forms and number them.
Pros
Good pay, good working conditions.
Cons
Job closed down.
Good opportunity
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
Current seasonal employee. Hard in the beginning because you r thrown out there but can’t complain when I get my paycheck . Good work environment.....
Pros
Gov t job, stability
Cons
None unless you don’t try better yourself
Liberty Tax
Tax Preparer - Internship (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 9, 2018
Liberty Tax is a great place to work at. I really enjoyed working there, and I definitely gained a lot of experience in tax preparation. I worked there usually 3-6 hours daily. I started working in February, when it was busy, and I had a lot of clients. I learned how to work with the Liberty Tax software, and I also gain skills how to deal with unhappy clients. The workplace was great, my manager was really nice and helpful. I had a great time every day.
What you would expect
Data Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2018
Good for a part time job for extra income. Lots of rules and regulations and tons of wasted time waiting for the management to get organized. Training is inadequate but the job is not too difficult making it easy to learn.
I like the job very much I was laying off
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Nashville TennesseeApril 8, 2018
At times it was stressful you worked at your own desk most of the people were nice and , good benefits working in collections sometimes was very stressful trying to get payments from customers . Over all it was a good place to work.
The Internal Revenue Service it's a great place to work and have a walking trail outside the building which is almost a mile long we have a gym.
Team Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64110April 7, 2018
You get vacation days every pay period plus 401k they match up to 5% of your pay when you put in 5% so that is a plus nice people to work with and employees will help on another you can move up the corporate ladder if you want to the IRS is Diversified you have options to choose your time you start work Plus in certain areas you can choose to work 4 days 10 hours or 5/4/9 or just regular 5days 8hr I really like working at the Internal Revenue Service I've been there for 15 years and plan to retire I almost forgot they have a good retirement plan.
Pros
You get paid bi-weekly, and every pay period you get vacation time, and sick leave which is a great Plus.
Cons
This is just my opinion I wish the lunch breaks where longer.
Irs
Tax Examining Technician GS (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108April 6, 2018
IRS Six week trading was very helpful and it helped my when I worked at Liberty Tax . And I also do my own taxes I worked in Error and resolutions and would do it again if hired back
Pros
Great pay and Benifits
Cons
Seasonal
Initial Account Representative
Fall Church, VA. Initial Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 6, 2018
 Initial point of contact for over 30 customers per day, assessing customer needs and directing them to the appropriate resources.
 Responsible for inventory and display forms covering taxes for individuals, corporations, non-profits, partnerships and trusts.
 Provided Spanish-to-English translation services.
Irs
Senior taxpayer advocate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2018
Enjoyed working with taxpayer and resolving their tax issue with the departments within the service. The jobs was stressful at time and challenging but almost always fun.
Very responsible and rewarding position
Coordinated Industry Case Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 5, 2018
Was a Large Case Team Manager with IRS, leading 10 domestic team members and 15 specialized skill team members, reviewing fortune 500 type clients compliance aspects with the tax law.
Pros
Over time developed a broad knowledge of complex tax area's of the law
Cons
Was a tremendous responsibility in administering tax law provisions and regs, as to how they apply to a myriad of complex structured transactions, and entities
Excellent pay, is rather difficult to advance.
Tax Examining Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 4, 2018
Good pay, hard to advance. Benefits provided holidays off earn excellent leave. Comfortable work environment, Training is lacking. Old IT systems. Diversity in work is good.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Difficult to advance
It was good
Regional Office Coordinator/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
I learned a lot. Good work life environment. Management was not the best. Its a 24 hour situation so a lot of early mornings which began to be very tiring after.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Management was not that great.
did not work at the IRS
Tax Preparer, Freedom Tax (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 3, 2018
worked at a small, newly opened tax preparation office. I prepared taxes for many people who lived in the Bronx and other boroughs. People who were self-employed, working and disabled. Filing status made it necessary to contact the IRS for further proof of employment.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
no lunch breaks
Preparing Taxes
IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 2, 2018
Learning different tax forms and preparing taxes, the supervisor was very helpful when i was having troubles understanding the rules for certain tax forms
Pros
preparing taxes
Cons
no pay
Excellent place to start work out of college, or those with lots experience.
Senior Mainframe Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 2, 2018
Excellent job culture with lots of collaboration. The management is helpful and encouraging the employees to stretch themselves, and provide training.
REMITTANCE PERFECTION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2018
I worked on a seasonal bases and loved working there; it was many years ago. The salary was good and on the current job site USSA offers some great salaries now.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard to gain employment
I never worked for the Internal Revenue Service
Catastrophe Claims Team Lead Best (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2018
I was an employee of the Best IRS which stands for Insurance Recruiting Specialists. This is a great company I have had several successful deployments.
Pros
Did not work at Internal Revenue Service
Cons
Did not Work at the IRS
Very Flexible work hours
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2018
If you cannot make it to work during the day, then I would recommend applying for there night time shift as they also offer night differential pay to compensate for working until 2:30am.
Pros
Great pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Internal Revenue Service. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.