International Academy of Design & Technology Employee Reviews

Excelent Institution of Higher Learning
Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2018
International Academy of Design & Technology was a subsidiary of Career Education Corporation. The School was closed.

I am only including this because the system won't let me go any further unless I include extra words.
Pros
Great place work
Cons
School Closed
Productive Workplace
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2017
The International Academy of Design & Technology was an educational institution, which has since closed, for those students who were interested in pursuing associate and bachelor degrees. A typical day consisted of me meeting and greeting students to start instruction for that day. I learned that the learning concept has to be delivered in a non-traditional way for adult learners. Management was very professional. The culture was diversified. The hardest part of the job was facilitating to an adult crowd with real-life responsibilities to find a way to help them retain the information. The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with students, faculty, and staff.
It was a joy to working in International Academy of Design and Technology . I miss working there.
Fashion Design & Merchandising Lead Faculty (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2017
we had very friendly work place that working like a big team that helping each other as well as helping students. I am very sad about school closing, because I started fashion design and Merchandising program there.
Pros
every term we had lunch together
Needs Reorganized
Instructor (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
Odd hours, poor pay lack of materials and instructors. Actual education guidelines need improved. Students need better informed as to potential for employment even after graduating.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
make decisions on cases
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2016
review cases against GMotors
Discuss responsibility party to resolve
mail out VCR tapes to potential enrollees
management was virtually non exist
co-workers stayed in their office no social
trying to find students via cold calls at times
most enjoyable, having my OWN OFFICE
Pros
non
Working with students who are working to be successful in a creative career
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2015
Contacting potential students from all over the world was a great perk for this job experience. Being able to be involved in students working to achieve their creative career goals
Incredible to place to make a diference
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2015
Great company. Lots of things to learn. Very dynamic place to work. The most enjoyable part of my job was trying to make a difference in my student's life.
Very professional workplace
T/A, Web Development, Motion Graphics Workshop (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work was very casual but professional. Everyone was very knowledgable in their field. I learned the more practical side of the field, mores than simply attending class.
Enjoyed the students
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 9, 2014
Worked two days a week. Learned much about teaching. Management did the best they could.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
It was just starting up.
Fun and Creative place
Work Study Tutor (Current Employee) –  Seattle,WaMay 3, 2014
I truly enjoyed this place all of the staff are great and motivating people.
IADT-Seattle
Design Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 2, 2014
Wonderful students, and a corporate culture staggering under it's burden of debt and re-distribution of effort:

I loved working for this company because I love teaching and I love beginning design students: unfortunately, corporate directives from Headquarters stifles an adjunct instructor's opportunities to actually stay and create a good cadre of students and create personal advancement.

At my last interview with this company, the Dean of my former department personally despaired of ever reviving this college of design: I felt so bad for him, and I do believe this once formerly good school is going to go into bankruptcy in a few yers.

It's a crying shame, but all about the competition between vocational design schools staying in business: to a prospective design student, I would say: Don't go into debt here at IADT (it will cost you almost as much as my graduate degree): run to a city college, such as Shoreline Community College: you will get the same education, at half the price!
Pros
Great students, wonderful teachers, good equipment, and hopes!
Cons
Bad corporate decisions and money problems.
Great work environment
Chat Lead Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2014
It is a fast paced college admissions environment. Great people to work with. Great to work with potential students and help guide them to achieving their college goals.
Not much room for advancement but a good stepping stone
Admissions Representative - National Platform (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2013
As an admissions representative you'll work 40 hours per week. Some days are 9-6, others 11-8 (not a favorite). You'll work Monday through Thursday and alternate between having Friday and Saturday off.

Admissions, as with sales in general, can be quite rewarding. It's also challenging when the sales aren't coming in. You need to be a resilient person to keep your confidence up. Only then will you get back to enrolling students, i.e. getting your sales numbers up.
Pros
There is a base salary, so you get a reliable, steady paycheck
Cons
No commission, so you must be motivated to keep "selling"
Easy going Job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2013
Assist students with school work and printing problems, and catalog magazines and newspapers.
Improve my customer service skills.
Manager was great, respectable, understanding, and helpful.
Most co-workers where reliable and helpful, fun to interact with.
hardest part of the job was dealing the printer errors.
the most enjoyable part of the job was a lot free time when isn't any event.
Pros
Easy, simple, free time to do school work
Cons
Job is affected by your GPA, tedious and boring at times
Good Technology
Computer Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 2, 2013
Teaching in this school is very pleasant. {I personally use the Electronic boards with the materials for the class and the students love it.
Pros
technology
Fun and great environment
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2012
miss working at IADT Chicago. loved the atmosphere and location of the school. in the heart of downtown, great environment for students and workers. fun place to work.
Absolutely terrible company to work for - save yourself and don't work there-Run !
Everything (Former Employee) –  Tampa,FlMay 17, 2012
This company will lure you in and make you think you have landed your dream job.After a few short weeks or months,they will overwork you,try to make you do 7 jobs and get paid for 1 job and then even try to force you into managing whereever you are and they will laugh in your face about how they know you are being overworked and doing the work and they will refuse to pay you.They have no loyalty to you and no respect for people who have been with the company for years and will fire you,lay you off and then make think there is something wrong with you because you expected more and better treatment.They will overlook your faithfullness and all you've done to work for them for any new person who they hire..The president of the company laid me off by calling and leaving a message on my cell phone after years of working 7 different jobs and being a faithful employee in favor of some 1 else newly hired who abused the system,always left work early and was never at work and did not work when she was there but talked on the phone on personal phone calls all day long.I watch them fire and lay off hundreds of people who had been faithful and been with them so they could hire new younger people.Everyone that worked there was always sick or always stressed out.
Pros
you will get paid
Cons
extreme abuse, suffering, work games, extreme power struggles to keep you oppressed
Terrible job for an Admissions Rep
National Recruiter/Inside & Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2012
- Revolving door of managers; (I had 7 during my time there) including the firing of the campus president.
- Will be told to make 150 dials per day irregardless of if it is productive to dial that much. I saw an amazing Rep FIRED for not making dials, even though she was awesome at her job and did it with zero resources or support being the only national representative
-everyone is your boss and you will get no respect from other departments they all treat you like they are above you and you are nothing
-you will be micromanaged to within an inch of your life
-call scripts MUST be followed irregardless of who answers the phone
-you will have your calls monitored, but they will only sit there and listen to you, not the other caller.. irregardless of what the caller is saying you MUST follow the call script or they will write you up (I saw it happen several times)
-they do not care about work/life balance at all. your schedule is at their disposal and it will change frequently so do not try to have an outside life
-terrible pay for admissions reps, lowest in industry
-opportunities to advance DO NOT EXIST
-trust between team members does NOT exist. there is NO team dynamic, no one works together, everyone is too busy trying to backstab one another to get an enrollment to keep their jobs
-if you work here, work in any other department, stay away from admissions, it is awful
Pros
medical, students are really creative and cool
Cons
no sales support at all, you are treated like a bottom feeder
A great opportunity for real world experience.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2012
This position was a first response, help desk technician role. I worked closely with the head administrators, resolving first level technical issues. Some responsibilities included the building and maintenance of PC and Mac computer labs, resolving printer, scanner, and projector issues, while directly assisting students with technical issues such as username and password resets, Wi-Fi authentication, and general questions. I had the opportunity to learn about the anatomy of technical equipment and how to resolve more volatile problems with the equipment. I also learned how to properly secure a wireless network and keep it safe for a wide array of users.
Pros
great learning environment, adheres to schedule.
Cons
limited admininistrative access.
Pays well
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 16, 2012
Pays well, pleasant co-workers. Working with students was a pleasant experience.
Pros
pays well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Academy of Design & Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

International Academy of Design & Technology Reviews by Location