International Academy of Design and Technology Employee Reviews

Compnay no longer exists
Student Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 13, 2018
IADT no longer exists. The school has shut down and this is no longer a place to work. When IADT was open it provided a great work environment with lots of teamwork.
Fore Granted
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2017
Self oriented and Isolated.
Segregation.
Unfriendly management.
Concentrating on every day task under a hectic environment.
The Creativity, hard work of enlightened students.
IADT Review
IT Manager/Sr. Site Ops Technician (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 4, 2017
Everyday was a new challenge Students, different instructors and courses taught a multitude software needed and equipment. changes from day to day and week to week and term to term.
Sad the school closed
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2017
I truly loved working at this college. The team was unmatched with our compatibility and there was never a dull day. Unfortunately, nearing the end of its life span, management became poorly chosen and moral sank quickly.
Pros
Team
Cons
No longer open
Productive and great learning environment
Presidential Work Study (Former Employee) –  Orlando, Fla.January 26, 2017
I had great experience at the Academy of Design and Technology. The lessons and the teachers that taught hem were remarkable. The President of the academy made me feel as if I had a chance in the digital world. If I could, I would thank them for what I have learned.
Pros
They had the tools that you needed in order for you to be that person you were trying to be.
Cons
I never received a laptop to venture on my own.
Provided a great opportunity
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2016
Intense training coordinated by immediate supervisor. Although the campus was already provided a closing date, the entire organization worked as an incredible team, at an impeccable professional level for the entire remaining student base!
Friendly work environment
Senior Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2016
Overall good company to learn more about the financial aid industry with a friendly staff and generous management potential
Great environment
Customer service/Inside sales representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2016
Excellent environment to work. Management was top notch. Co workers very friendly. Truly enjoyed helping new students obtain their dreams of a college education. Consisted of incoming and outbound calling to potential students.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
hours fluctuated and school campus shut down
Helping students attain a degree
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2015
Everyone working towards the same goals of helping students better themselves through education. The fulfilling feeling of seeing your students achieve their goals.
Pros
Fun atmosphere and work hours
Cons
Corporate ruined the schools and ended up shutting down campuses
It wasn't stable work.
Adjunct College Instructor (Graphics) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2015
Being and Adjunct instructor. Work was never steady from semester to semester. Hard to sometimes plan anything past a few weeks down because you never knew when you will get your next set of classes.

Great staff... just unstable work.
Federal Work Study Program
Librarian: Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2015
This was overall a good place to work, and taught me better organizational skills. Working there also taught me to have more patience, having been assigened repetitive tasks frequently.
Pros
My boss was very nice to me.
Cons
Sometimes it was slow because we were in a teach-out after our campus closed.
Great coworkers and a great team environment
Records Coordinator-Registrar Department (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 1, 2015
I had great coworkers and my manager was a great manager! We all worked well together and it was a great experience! I was busy my entire 8 hour day!
Busy office enviornment
Records Management (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2014
Just a temp job for me. I was in records management and had some family problems to deal with, so because I had to leave early one day I was let go.
Engaging and Intensive Work Environment
Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 8, 2014
From tutoring every and all students on equipment and computer software to cleaning and maintaining all 130+ computers and printers, it was empowering to be responsible for the goings-on in such an intimate and progressive academy.
Fun, fast paced
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 7, 2014
Great teaching environment. Students are eager to learn.
Co-workers enjoy teaching here.
Pros
5 week courses
Cons
School closing
Creative environment
Academic Advisor/Special Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Good transitional job, no room for advancement. Flexible schedule, good pay.
IADT's workstudy program is completely arbitrary
Media Center Work Study Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2014
To begin, IADT has a good half of it's work staff in the workstudy program, so your paperwork is probably handled by the same students who are paying to go to college AND the money you earn is tied to your student loan. One of my roommates was forced to drop out after mishandled paperwork rendered him ineligible when he became sick for a period of time. That being said, my work day began with opening the college media center, and turning on all the workstations. The Media center itself is run by one or two supervisors and one to three workstudy employees. The remainder of the day is left to shelving and organizing books, assisting students with programs, answers the phone and maintaining the printers and computers. The best part of the day was largely the lack of need of my service to attend to my own studies.
Pros
Extra time to study
Cons
You need to be a student to apply to workstudy
great school, great teachers, expensive
Student (Former Employee) –  2495 Village View Dr. Henderson, NVJuly 1, 2014
This is a school, not a job,
but nevertheless the atmosphere was excellent
Pros
intimate atmosphere with small
Creative Environment
Student Advisor/SAP Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2014
My work day was always very productive and full of opportunity to help students advance to their educational goals. The groups of individuals’ on the academics team are all very creative, dedicated and excited to see students’ excel. The hardest part of my day was seeing a student who did not recognize his or her potential, however the most rewarding was to see students’ graduate. I loved the flexibility offered, and the consistent support of management.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No growth opportunity
Has been a great place to work
Fashion Faculty Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy MichiganMarch 25, 2014
Current culture is in ongoing changes. Troy facility is in close out status. At corporate level programs are going to 5 week terms with classes meeting twice a week for 5 hours each day.

Current culture is corporate minded, stressfull, but focus is still on student outcomes.