International City Mortgage, Inc.

International City Mortgage, Inc. Employee Reviews

International City Mortgage, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Inetrnational city mortg. Was a mid size company. . They have a terrific lending platform with a wide variety of loan products that is an asset for all borrower's.

Not very professional

Nice coworkers limited by the personalities of the executive management. If you were not best friends with the President you were not going to last long.

Pros

Paid well

Cons

Irrational

Opportunity at ICM

In my career working at various companies, ICM was by far my best experience. I was given growth opportunity to challenge me and complement my skill set. My voice was heard and my opinions mattered. It is a wonderful organization with an amazing leader.

Pros

Not just a number

great training programs

They had great training resources. I enjoyed working with the staff and management. They were very team oriented, which made for a very pleasant work environment.

Pros

training resources

Review Summary

A typical day was 8 hours with a 1 hour lunch. I was an FHA Underwriter. Management was easily accessible. Company was relaxed. The hardest part of the job was my commute of over 4 hours a day. I enjoyed underwriting for the company.

Pros

Nice working conditions

Cons

Commute

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Learned a lot

I was excited to start working for this company, and it seemed so promising. However, was trained informally, by someone whom was burnt out. Management was very unorganized, although they did hire a new management team. I was looking forward to all the new things they were going to do. I still think they have a lot of potential.

Pros

Has a lot of potential

Cons

Too much favortism

Convenient and productive environment

Mortgage loan origination. Did not feel it met the needs of what I was looking for at that time. Good people, lacking in leadership. Needs more stability

Pros

Convenien

Cons

Unorganized

Hire train and manager sales staff

Smaller privately held mortgage company. Very little market recognition made it difficult to recruit quality experienced loan officers. Product line competitive. Almost all time spent recruiting sales force.

Pros

liked direct manager

Cons

Small company with little market presence

Good people, friendly staff

It was a good place to work, and I liked being there. They are trying to grow the company, but are stumbling a little in the process. Still, I would expect that they will continue to grow, and be successful.

Excellent Company!

I have experianced many organzations and this company is willing to develop their employees and build a well rounded company.

Pros

Excellent Company

Cons

Do not have any negative about the company

Icm

On the phone with users and remoting into computers to solve computer issues. Contacting vendors for services and support.

Wonderful team

I enjoyed coming into work everyday because there was variety of things to accomplish. It was wonderful to work with Loan Officers who trusted you and your ability to work on files independently. I felt because we were a smaller group it was more of a Team environment.

Pros

File ownership, group trust and follow through

Cons

Small branch with only 1.5 loan officers

Great environment

• Broker Assistant – Clerical duties, Administrative Assistant and loan processing • Assist Loan Officers with loan origination documentation • Process loan files - Verify accuracy of documents received and are properly completed • Follow up on receipt of all pre and post closing documents to ensure all items are resolved in a timely manner and determine appropriate action to achieve resolution accordingly • Order credit reports, appraisals and other required documents to complete loan files • Contact and work with outside vendors accordingly • Communicate accordingly internally and externally via phone, fax, and/or e-mail • Work with borrower as required to finalize loan processing accordingly, which include information management, ensure all documentation is complete, provide loan status frequently, educate the borrow accordingly and schedule closing procedures • Able to work with internal and external stringent policies and procedures particularly FHA, VA and other government loans • Work with broker, escrow, title companies, underwriting and other required individuals to ensure expedited loan closures

Lacking Leadership

I enjoyed my immediate co-workers, but the company as a whole was too decentralized. The company was was cold, and was starving for leadership. There were some incredible people that worked within the company, but due to the lack of organization never communicated. This company needs a real CEO. Someone who will see the value of the company, and take the time to make the necessary changes, and unite/lead the company.

Pros

The company has potential to make money

Cons

There is not heart to the company

Work is work, otherwise they would call it vacation!

We have good personnel who do their best close loans as fast as possible.

Pros

Ability to create your own success.

Cons

In the process of updating technology so we are all learning new things. Not a con really, just a change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International City Mortgage, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• International City Mortgage, Inc.