International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE)

International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE) Employee Reviews

Mostly Helps the most favored and disregards everyone else
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2019
*WARNING* To anyone and everyone who may apply to work under this company.

Watch out for mistreatment of employees by the management staff especially by those who abuse their power and authority on you.

Watch out for management and supervisors not supporting agents on the floor but instead speak unprofessionally about how things should be handled during meetings or conferences - when it's obvious the agent(s) being spoken out against. Instead of not being properly assisted.

Watch for this: there are agents there who maliciously lie and deceive HR reps. Just so they can get certain people out of the office. Which reflects poorly on HR and anyone else there.

Watch out for their payroll system messing up your paycheck BECAUSE ITS BOUND TO HAPPEN, at least ONCE TO SEVERAL TIMES IN A ROW. THEN YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

Watch out for unreliable, shady, and misleading supervisors/upper authorities who say they have your back but don't really. TRUE COLORS ALWAYS SHOW IN THE END.

Strong possibility of being laid off or fired when struggling to make sales. Everyone has a struggling month at least once.

Too much favoritism, bias, not enough CONCRETE understanding, not enough FAIRNESS on the floor or through management - employee and employee - employee partnerships when utilizing sales techniques past training period. You will need help even after training - strong fact.

Strong possibility of being abandoned by management when you need THEM THE MOST ( AVOID YOU LIKE CRAZY).Selling product errors and payroll errors included.

Advice to you - ONLY people
  more... with skilled and Strong sales experience should work under this company. Unless you are very very confident. You have to know HOW TO SELL and KNOW HOW TO HANDLE PEOPLE WHO DONT WANT TO BE CONTACTED to buy. Even when managers and supervisors hand the best leads to certain agents. When they say no sales experience required....but it's not what they make it up to be (it's more so similar to them up-selling the job to you).

IF you see yourself struggling at all, leave this company. THEY WILL MESS YOU OVER IF YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Speaking from experience.

To add, I heard....a few employees got laid off/fired even after placing in their 2 week notice with this company? Something is wrong here!?!?!

Think and Choose carefully before joining this company. They (supervisors/ management) will choose to be unjust instead of abiding by the law cause it's easier for them to do. Even when it comes to what was mentioned before.

Even though a select handful of agents are good at selling, keep in mind they are good because manager's and supervisor's have certain agents backs! But not everyone's! Keep away if you can!
Pros
If they decide to continue to help you, commission is good
Cons
Only 1 break, mistreatment, mentioned most of it
Poor Management, Onboarding & Training
MANAGER OF RESORT ACCOUNT OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 6, 2019
Must have extensive knowledge in the industry prior to entering a management role. Poor communication is widespread within the company. Although there are back-to-back, all-day meetings, they are unproductive & unnecessary. Workplace culture is business casual. Although there are excellent benefits & perks within the company, there is no such thing as a healthy work/life balance in management roles.
Pros
Excellent benefits, onsite cafe, onsite medical clinic, onsite fitness center, onsite masseuse, onsite salon, local discounts.
Cons
Poor work/life balance, poor training & onboarding, poor communication, back-to-back all-day meetings.
February 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our many onsite benefits and amenities, but are sorry to hear that you feel negatively about your overall experience with us. We wish you the best.

CLEANER CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  HarrowJanuary 31, 2019
I use to work alone night time so for me was very good and quite. They are always happy with my cleaning service and they payed me resonable
Pros
No one
Cons
Good pay
February 4, 2019

Thanks so much for leaving us your review! We are glad you enjoy working with us.

Great work environment!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2019
I.C.E is a fantastic place to work! I have referred 5 team members within the past 2 months and will continue to do so in the future! The management treats the staff like family. Most importantly, I.C.E Truly cares about the giving the customer the ultimate vacation experience! I am glad to be apart of the I.C.E. family.
January 29, 2019

Wow, thank you for the incredible review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying working with us so much! Thanks for helping us to make ICE a great place to work.

Could be a great place
Assistant Supervisor/ Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 3, 2018
The company is privately owned, doesn't match 401k, and metrics change constantly. You can make great money but you do feel like you are scamming the clients.
Pros
Clinic onsite, gym and cafe onsite, travel benefits
Cons
Favoritism
December 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our onsite amenities and employee benefits. Please note that ICE does match 401K; the percentage is calculated on a per year basis.

do not trust this company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 1, 2018
After not making the sales quota in training I was of course let go. Trying to get my last paycheck was a nightmare. I am also still owed commission.The HR director has dodged my emails. They have actually blocked my emails
Pros
Cons
management
December 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We were experiencing technical difficulties with some of our systems during this time which caused some delays . We appreciate your patience.

You make what you earn
Sales Representative/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 11, 2018
I worked for this company and always exceeded to be a top producer. I was wrongfully terminated after being the top producer of the year. They do not care how good you are at sales -- if you are not a favorite or a suck up...good luck getting by. The only reason I stayed there for so long was because I was the top producer. When I was let go, I had accumulated more than 125 ours of PTO at 12/hr that was not paid out. They're commission structure is delayed 2 pay periods, but I wont get my commission until 8 weeks after being termed.
October 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way, and would like to encourage you to reach out to our Director of Employee Relations at (602) 635-5328. Additionally, please note our PTO policy is clearly communicated to all employees, as well as our compensation policy for sales employees who are no longer employed with us. If you would like clarification on either, our Director of Employee Relations is happy to assist with this as well.

this place was a great place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 28, 2018
I had some really great experiences working here and I learned a lot of work skills which I carry with me still the staff was great with communication and teamwork
October 3, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

Poor hiring process
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 25, 2018
I think it would have been nice for them not to hire and fire me after I quit a very stable and decent job to work here. I shouldn't have been hired if they were gonna trip about an old marijuana charge.
Pros
Employee lunchroom gym etc
Cons
Poor hiring process
October 3, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. We do inform all potential new employees during our hiring process that a background check will be conducted, and employment is contingent upon the results. We are sorry to hear about this experience and wish you the best.

Great Work Environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Great commission, workplace environment, benefits, and on-site amenities. I have worked here over seven years and there are a lot of opportunities to innovate and contribute to the growth of the company. Great place to work.
Pros
benefits, culture, commission and base pay
Cons
inconsistent, new ownership
Good work place with good incentives
Outbound Customer Service / Recovery Team lead (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 7, 2018
Ice is a good starting point to work in collections. It is a good work environment
I would recommend this company. They have great onsite venders. Also run alot of company events.
September 10, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your positive feedback!

ICE = It Changes Everyday
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 23, 2018
If you work at ICE, you'll know and understand the joke It Changes Everyday. Mostly when we are joking about this, it's because the company has decided to change the compensation plan again. I've never worked for a company that changes commission structure so frequently. Every single time any employee starts making too much money, they will change the commission to make it harder to achieve goals. So frustrating.
On the plus side, ICE allows people to work from home. But then they will constantly beg you to come in the office to work. Frustrating.
Daily technical issues and struggles with software updates and system crashes that are beyond employee control. Frustrating.
Overall ICE is a frustrating company to work for.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
so many
August 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way in your position as a team lead with us. Our compensation plans are designed to reward those who meet and exceed their goals, and we feel they are very competitive. We do understand the frustration associated with some of our systems and are diligently working to remedy this. We would like to encourage you to reach out to your management to discuss your concerns further.

Love It
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 12, 2018
Really great company to work for. Highly competitive and may not work for most. Great pay and amazing benefits as well. Really cool products, selling travel. Love It
August 17, 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you are loving your career with us!

Fast Paced
Data Imports & Reporting Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 1, 2018
They offer in house cafe and Barrista. They also have a gym on site as well as a Health clinic. They offer massages and nail salon. They are very competitive.
August 3, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities.

Happy to have worked there.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 1, 2018
Happy to have worked there. Very good opportunity. Only left due to relocation. Amazing staff. A strong and positive environment. Many forms of education related to vacation.
Pros
Fun
August 3, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us so much, and wish you the best.

Run!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2018
Management plays heavy favoritism combining nepotism to a nauseating level! Better leads for those that are already doing so well while those that struggle are simply and continually told their lack of sales are all their fault. In any other job situation when sales numbers aren't achieved, it's as a result of poor training by management. Be AWARE- SELL OR PERISH!
Pros
Lovely building.
Cons
Found it odd that the most pushed vacation destination is Mexico with the violence.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. Our system ensures our calls are distributed fairly and evenly. We wish you the best.

Confusing working environment
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 7, 2018
Will be good for several months then change the working order midstride. Then will flip back and forth between different things frequently before finally settling on a particular work ethic.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us, and wish we could have done more during your time here to assist.

Liked working there
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 27, 2018
ICE was a great place to work. Unfortunately my car was stolen and it made it very difficult to get to work every day so I was ultimatly fired because I was either late or had to call in and I acquired to many points. I would like to go back here to work if I lived in Scottsdale or if I could work from home.
July 5, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your review. We are sorry to hear about your car troubles, and hope you are able to join us again soon.

its sales
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2018
not hard if you are good at it but if you are not it may be stressful for you. I loved my job there I just wish I could have stayed in Orlando I wouldn't have left.
Pros
money and great vacations
Cons
only king for a day in sales lol
July 5, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us your 5 star review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us.

Poor Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 27, 2018
ICE is good for a person who is ultra resilient and has the ability to adapt to change and lack of appreciation. You can literally be working in 1 dept one day and the company changes their goal and you're starting at square one in another dept the next day. Unless you're tough and can roll with many changes, I would not recommend them as a place to work. This company lacks integrity.
Pros
income potential
Cons
management, onsite cafeteria, holiday engagement, diversity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight