International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE)

International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE) Employee Reviews

You make what you earn
Sales Representative/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 11, 2018
I worked for this company and always exceeded to be a top producer. I was wrongfully terminated after being the top producer of the year. They do not care how good you are at sales -- if you are not a favorite or a suck up...good luck getting by. The only reason I stayed there for so long was because I was the top producer. When I was let go, I had accumulated more than 125 ours of PTO at 12/hr that was not paid out. They're commission structure is delayed 2 pay periods, but I wont get my commission until 8 weeks after being termed.
October 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way, and would like to encourage you to reach out to our Director of Employee Relations at (602) 635-5328. Additionally, please note our PTO policy is clearly communicated to all employees, as well as our compensation policy for sales employees who are no longer employed with us. If you would like clarification on either, our Director of Employee Relations is happy to assist with this as well.

this place was a great place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 28, 2018
I had some really great experiences working here and I learned a lot of work skills which I carry with me still the staff was great with communication and teamwork
October 3, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

Poor hiring process
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 25, 2018
I think it would have been nice for them not to hire and fire me after I quit a very stable and decent job to work here. I shouldn't have been hired if they were gonna trip about an old marijuana charge.
Pros
Employee lunchroom gym etc
Cons
Poor hiring process
October 3, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. We do inform all potential new employees during our hiring process that a background check will be conducted, and employment is contingent upon the results. We are sorry to hear about this experience and wish you the best.

ICE = It Changes Everyday
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 23, 2018
If you work at ICE, you'll know and understand the joke It Changes Everyday. Mostly when we are joking about this, it's because the company has decided to change the compensation plan again. I've never worked for a company that changes commission structure so frequently. Every single time any employee starts making too much money, they will change the commission to make it harder to achieve goals. So frustrating.
On the plus side, ICE allows people to work from home. But then they will constantly beg you to come in the office to work. Frustrating.
Daily technical issues and struggles with software updates and system crashes that are beyond employee control. Frustrating.
Overall ICE is a frustrating company to work for.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
so many
August 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way in your position as a team lead with us. Our compensation plans are designed to reward those who meet and exceed their goals, and we feel they are very competitive. We do understand the frustration associated with some of our systems and are diligently working to remedy this. We would like to encourage you to reach out to your management to discuss your concerns further.

Love It
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 12, 2018
Really great company to work for. Highly competitive and may not work for most. Great pay and amazing benefits as well. Really cool products, selling travel. Love It
August 17, 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you are loving your career with us!

Fast Paced
Data Imports & Reporting Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 1, 2018
They offer in house cafe and Barrista. They also have a gym on site as well as a Health clinic. They offer massages and nail salon. They are very competitive.
August 3, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities.

Happy to have worked there.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 1, 2018
Happy to have worked there. Very good opportunity. Only left due to relocation. Amazing staff. A strong and positive environment. Many forms of education related to vacation.
Pros
Fun
August 3, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with us so much, and wish you the best.

Run!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2018
Management plays heavy favoritism combining nepotism to a nauseating level! Better leads for those that are already doing so well while those that struggle are simply and continually told their lack of sales are all their fault. In any other job situation when sales numbers aren't achieved, it's as a result of poor training by management. Be AWARE- SELL OR PERISH!
Pros
Lovely building.
Cons
Found it odd that the most pushed vacation destination is Mexico with the violence.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. Our system ensures our calls are distributed fairly and evenly. We wish you the best.

Confusing working environment
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 7, 2018
Will be good for several months then change the working order midstride. Then will flip back and forth between different things frequently before finally settling on a particular work ethic.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us, and wish we could have done more during your time here to assist.

Liked working there
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 27, 2018
ICE was a great place to work. Unfortunately my car was stolen and it made it very difficult to get to work every day so I was ultimatly fired because I was either late or had to call in and I acquired to many points. I would like to go back here to work if I lived in Scottsdale or if I could work from home.
July 5, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your review. We are sorry to hear about your car troubles, and hope you are able to join us again soon.

its sales
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2018
not hard if you are good at it but if you are not it may be stressful for you. I loved my job there I just wish I could have stayed in Orlando I wouldn't have left.
Pros
money and great vacations
Cons
only king for a day in sales lol
July 5, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us your 5 star review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us.

Poor Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 27, 2018
ICE is good for a person who is ultra resilient and has the ability to adapt to change and lack of appreciation. You can literally be working in 1 dept one day and the company changes their goal and you're starting at square one in another dept the next day. Unless you're tough and can roll with many changes, I would not recommend them as a place to work. This company lacks integrity.
Pros
income potential
Cons
management, onsite cafeteria, holiday engagement, diversity
Stressful
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2018
Most stressful job training I have ever been through in my working life. Management was unprofessional and overly demanding for what they were offering. It's a chew you up and spit you out environment
April 23, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us. We strive to provide the best training possible to ensure that all of our team members feel successful, and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel that way. We wish we could have done more to assist during your time with us, but wish you the best.

Call Center
Online Reservation Processor (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaApril 18, 2018
Travel call center very high expectations. Decent training at the start but found to be inconsistent with information once out of training and not as much support as desired.
April 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We will certainly be looking into your feedback to see how we can improve our training to be more consistent.

Get out before they put you out.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 11, 2018
I worked here for 4 years and witnessed A LOT. Truthfully at ICE it’s not what you know it’s who you know and who you’re sleeping with. If your partner works here female or male. There’s a chance they’re cheating on you with someone working here. And everyone at ice is fully aware of it all. There’s so much turnover. Management refuses to take advice. There have been some amazing employees who were blessed enough to leave before ice let them go. Something fishy is definelty going on here. Do not believe any amazing reviews left for them as management has asked me and others on multiple occasions to post a positive review for company cash. Well here’s my honest review. Ice has done a lot of amazing employees dirty. I can say soooooo much more about things I have seen happen here but I’ll keep it to myself for now. Stay awaaaaaayyyy !!!!!!!
Pros
Leaving the building.
Cons
The whole existence of ice
April 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us, and would like to take the opportunity to clarify a few of the items you have mentioned.

All of our reviews on each of the various review platforms are 100% authentic. We have asked our employees to leave their reviews in order to make them more aware, and to have more reviews available for future potential employees to see. Whether an employee actually chooses to leave us a review, positive or negative, is their choice. It is against our company policy to incentivize any review. If you have experienced this, we highly encourage you to report it to our HR team.

We would also like to talk with you more to see how we can potentially improve to make your experience with us better. Please contact our Director of Employee Relations at (602) 635-5328

Sales
Inbound Salesman (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 5, 2018
I was in travel sales. We had to meet exceedingly difficult sales quotas that grew each time you met them. It was a process that set you up for failure. If you do good work one month, then the next month they want that amount plus say 5%. Sometimes this was crippling because you would have a REALLY good month, during a travel season, and there was no way to meet quota the next month.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. We do set high expectations, but also feel that we compensate accordingly for agents that meet and exceed these expectations. We wish you the best.

Very dissapointed
Sales Representative, inbound cruises (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2018
I was very excited to join this company, as an inbound cruise consultant. Training was selling cruise with their systems, and very little to do with the brands they service. Once on the phones, it all went downhill. I kept having to justify the thousands of dollars members had to pay for their benefits. I completely understand their frustration. When you are told that you can you use your benefits to pay for a cruise, it is hardly mentioned that you cannot use ALL your benefits at once, they have to be spread out. That is when the members would get angry. Yes, I understand that is all part of the sales process. I just did not have the tough skin to deal with these types of calls. The constant sharing of stats with everyone was new to me, I'm sure it made sense to create a sense of urgency amount teams and to do better. Overall it was an experience I will never forget, but it cost me a lot.
Management does know about the membership sales tactics, but since they bring in $$ they turn the other way.
I recommend -
Have a thick skin, be ruthless in sales and do as say "Whatever it Takes" to get the sale.
April 9, 2018

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us your review and feedback. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us, and wish you the best.

Typical work place
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 2, 2018
The work was interesting and it was usual like any other work place. Had an opportunity to work on front end technologies following agile methodology.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback.

productive place
Senior Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2018
cut throat environment can be fun at times the management is no good. The company is money first employee second. Good product to sale. You can grow
April 9, 2018

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us your review and feedback. We are glad to hear that you felt you had room to grow with us, and wish you the best.

Productive job
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2018
To be a leading marketing agent in the leisure industry by providing a unique monetization of leisure lifestyle
and travel experiences through high-value loyalty rewards, incentives and subscription options.
Responsible to work directly with clients and management to achieve new memberships
Performed initial client assessment and analysis to sell memberships and packages
Customer experience management and sales recruiting
April 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We wish you the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE). Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight