International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE)

International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE) Employee Reviews

Run!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 12, 2018
Management plays heavy favoritism combining nepotism to a nauseating level! Better leads for those that are already doing so well while those that struggle are simply and continually told their lack of sales are all their fault. In any other job situation when sales numbers aren't achieved, it's as a result of poor training by management. Be AWARE- SELL OR PERISH!
Pros
Lovely building.
Cons
Found it odd that the most pushed vacation destination is Mexico with the violence.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. Our system ensures our calls are distributed fairly and evenly. We wish you the best.

Confusing working environment
Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 7, 2018
Will be good for several months then change the working order midstride. Then will flip back and forth between different things frequently before finally settling on a particular work ethic.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for leaving your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us, and wish we could have done more during your time here to assist.

its sales
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2018
not hard if you are good at it but if you are not it may be stressful for you. I loved my job there I just wish I could have stayed in Orlando I wouldn't have left.
Pros
money and great vacations
Cons
only king for a day in sales lol
July 5, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us your 5 star review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us.

Stressful
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2018
Most stressful job training I have ever been through in my working life. Management was unprofessional and overly demanding for what they were offering. It's a chew you up and spit you out environment
April 23, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your time with us. We strive to provide the best training possible to ensure that all of our team members feel successful, and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel that way. We wish we could have done more to assist during your time with us, but wish you the best.

Call Center
Online Reservation Processor (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaApril 18, 2018
Travel call center very high expectations. Decent training at the start but found to be inconsistent with information once out of training and not as much support as desired.
April 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We will certainly be looking into your feedback to see how we can improve our training to be more consistent.

Get out before they put you out.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 11, 2018
I worked here for 4 years and witnessed A LOT. Truthfully at ICE it’s not what you know it’s who you know and who you’re sleeping with. If your partner works here female or male. There’s a chance they’re cheating on you with someone working here. And everyone at ice is fully aware of it all. There’s so much turnover. Management refuses to take advice. There have been some amazing employees who were blessed enough to leave before ice let them go. Something fishy is definelty going on here. Do not believe any amazing reviews left for them as management has asked me and others on multiple occasions to post a positive review for company cash. Well here’s my honest review. Ice has done a lot of amazing employees dirty. I can say soooooo much more about things I have seen happen here but I’ll keep it to myself for now. Stay awaaaaaayyyy !!!!!!!
Pros
Leaving the building.
Cons
The whole existence of ice
April 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us, and would like to take the opportunity to clarify a few of the items you have mentioned.

All of our reviews on each of the various review platforms are 100% authentic. We have asked our employees to leave their reviews in order to make them more aware, and to have more reviews available for future potential employees to see. Whether an employee actually chooses to leave us a review, positive or negative, is their choice. It is against our company policy to incentivize any review. If you have experienced this, we highly encourage you to report it to our HR team.

We would also like to talk with you more to see how we can potentially improve to make your experience with us better. Please contact our Director of Employee Relations at (602) 635-5328

Sales
Inbound Salesman (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 5, 2018
I was in travel sales. We had to meet exceedingly difficult sales quotas that grew each time you met them. It was a process that set you up for failure. If you do good work one month, then the next month they want that amount plus say 5%. Sometimes this was crippling because you would have a REALLY good month, during a travel season, and there was no way to meet quota the next month.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. We do set high expectations, but also feel that we compensate accordingly for agents that meet and exceed these expectations. We wish you the best.

Very dissapointed
Sales Representative, inbound cruises (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2018
I was very excited to join this company, as an inbound cruise consultant. Training was selling cruise with their systems, and very little to do with the brands they service. Once on the phones, it all went downhill. I kept having to justify the thousands of dollars members had to pay for their benefits. I completely understand their frustration. When you are told that you can you use your benefits to pay for a cruise, it is hardly mentioned that you cannot use ALL your benefits at once, they have to be spread out. That is when the members would get angry. Yes, I understand that is all part of the sales process. I just did not have the tough skin to deal with these types of calls. The constant sharing of stats with everyone was new to me, I'm sure it made sense to create a sense of urgency amount teams and to do better. Overall it was an experience I will never forget, but it cost me a lot.
Management does know about the membership sales tactics, but since they bring in $$ they turn the other way.
I recommend -
Have a thick skin, be ruthless in sales and do as say "Whatever it Takes" to get the sale.
April 9, 2018

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us your review and feedback. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience with us, and wish you the best.

Typical work place
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 2, 2018
The work was interesting and it was usual like any other work place. Had an opportunity to work on front end technologies following agile methodology.
April 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and feedback.

productive place
Senior Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2018
cut throat environment can be fun at times the management is no good. The company is money first employee second. Good product to sale. You can grow
April 9, 2018

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us your review and feedback. We are glad to hear that you felt you had room to grow with us, and wish you the best.

Productive job
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2018
To be a leading marketing agent in the leisure industry by providing a unique monetization of leisure lifestyle
and travel experiences through high-value loyalty rewards, incentives and subscription options.
Responsible to work directly with clients and management to achieve new memberships
Performed initial client assessment and analysis to sell memberships and packages
Customer experience management and sales recruiting
April 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We wish you the best.

Waste of time
Inbound sales (Former Employee) –  ScottsdaleMarch 8, 2018
They pay $10/hr 30 min lunch, were super strict in breaks, you were punished by points for using the restroom more than they thought you should. Clientele were very angry time share owners who have been screwed over so many times members would actually hang up routinely. Very negative depressing, frustrating atmosphere. All 4 people in my hiring group quit.
Pros
Monthly they wouod treat employees to lunch
Cons
Work environment, breaks, expectations of the job
March 12, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your review. We are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. We wish you the best.

Great Company & Fun Culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 5, 2018
this was a fun company to work for at the time. the company had great benefits and good pay. They are a travel company so there were good incentives to travel if you worked hard
March 12, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!

job
Customer Service / Collections (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 2, 2018
nice place to work cafeteria gym nails friendly people hours were good mangement was awesome. customer service a plus hotels flights and to purchase stuff from vendors.
February 5, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and all of our amenities.

Bad management and work culture, they don’t care for their employees
Sales Executive/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 14, 2018
Worked there for 3 years and came to realize they don’t care for you! Management is unresponsive and completely inadequate! Please be forewarned before working here, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU AND WILL SCREW YOU OVER IF THEY CAN!!!!!
Pros
If you do well and can deal with the politics you can do well!
Cons
Poor management, little to no training! Management lacks empathy and knowledge!
January 15, 2018

We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us your review and feedback, but are sorry to hear that you felt this way about your experience with us. We would like to discuss some of the concerns you have mentioned with you further. Could you please call our Director of Employee Relations at (602) 635-5328

Loved my Colleagues. Hated Ever-Changing Commission Structure.
Personal Vacation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 4, 2018
I have very mixed feelings about ICE. I actually liked working there for the most part and if you can separate yourself from some of the petty politics, it's good. They offered a lot of professional development training and I learned so much there. I did well once I figured out how to sell a cruise. I really loved most of my colleagues and my supervisors. I enjoyed working with them and we did have fun.

What I hated about ICE was the ever-changing commission structure. If they thought we were earning too much money, they would make it ridiculously difficult. My last year working there, once they changed the structure and how they funneled calls, most of the top producers saw a dramatic drop in our commission. It was one of the reasons I left.

I'm not sure what it's like now, but I've heard some grumblings. However, I still think it's a good place to work and if you work hard you can make a decent income. Really, you get out of it what you put into it.
January 8, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review and honest feedback. We are glad to hear that you overall enjoyed your time working with us, and wish you the best.

Relaxed great environment
Reservation Specialist now a sales agent (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 3, 2018
Great company in general, has longevity offer opportunitys in various departments if your not excelling in a particular department, had a great supervisor during entire eployment here that didn't micro manage you as long as you didn't abuse it
Pros
Convient cafe
Cons
short breaks
January 8, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! We love to hear that you are enjoying your position here so much and feel supported by your management team. Thanks for helping us to make ICE a great place to work!

Rewarding work experience
Membership Director (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYDecember 30, 2017
I worked in the New York market selling memberships for the company's wholesale division, DirectAccess. I worked with a great team of sales and marketing professionals.
Pros
Decent Benefits, discounts on travel
Cons
No company match on 401k, health insurance is only good if you're healthy
January 2, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your position with us.

Fabulous, growing company
Director of Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2017
Very challenging and fast paced work. Management was on the ball and all employees were made aware of the company changes with monthly state-of-the-union addresses by the owner. Employees loved their jobs and the culture.
January 2, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us a great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your position with us and our workplace culture!

Great pay
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 17, 2017
Love my job great staff and upper management help when needed competitive great pay and feels like my second home everyday at work. Want to further my career and grow with Ice have been here four years and couldn’t imagine working Anywhere else Ice is my family
Pros
Family environment pay and spiffs
Cons
Would like additional training to further my career at ICE
December 18, 2017

Thanks so much for the great review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us so much, and hope you continue to do so! Thanks for helping us to make ICE a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. (ICE). Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight