International Culinary Center Employee Reviews

Wonderful colleagues, difficult managers
Education (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
Genuine and committed staff form the heart of the company. Most staffers are overworked, however, and possibilities for advancement are notoriously slim.
Great School
Chef Assistant - Special Events (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAJune 27, 2017
Enjoyed my year here. People were so welcoming and friendly. I highly recommend attending if you can. I had opportunity to work here as well. Tons of experienced gained in many different settings.
Great culture and staff, questionable leadership
Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
The staff is amazing, as is family meal, but there's little to no chance to advance in a career. The company also struggles with hiring managers who understand how to mentor and motivate a team.
Fun seeing how to cook different dishes
janitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2015
A day at work was fun. I meet some wonderful people, also i learned skills that I use day to day, which helped me grow as a person
Great small company feel with big company managers
worker bee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
The ICC is a first class culinary school that has some of the best employees and managers that I have ever worked for. While small the managers are all very worldly.
Pros
food food food-
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2014
As a part-time library assistant my hours were busy as I helped with the circulation and developed reports on overdue books. I assisted students plan their menu projects and organized book sales. In addition, I regularly contributed to the library blog writing book reviews. I also developed displays that highlighted the special collection items and planned the wall art which was admired by the many visitors who came to the library.

I learned much more about the large collection in the library and was able to not only help the students with their projects but also to help chefs when they needed a particular book for recipes. My manager was happy with my work and I got along well with my co-workers who were in the department.

The hardest part of the job was to say goodbye to the students who graduated and left. However, many alums returned and came straight to the library to see me and this was due to my excellent interpersonal skills.

I was laid off due to budget issues.

I enjoyed my work at the ICC immensely and know that I was liked not only in my department but at the school.
Pros
Free lunches, free bread, and afternoon treats from the Pastry classes.
Cons
No benefits due to my part-time position.