International Financial Group

Working at International Financial Group: 13 Reviews

United States13 reviews

nice manager

most days where quit relaxing never dealt with an angry customer. Also learned a lot about financial planning for myself and family. never paid for food because management also had something there or offered to buy lunch

Pros

free lunch

Cons

unable to move up in company

The position I had was not a beginner position so, it was important to know what your job is.

When working at a temporary position, you have to understand the dynamics of the company you are working through. The end game result was to get hired.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

International Financial Group insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Sense of belonging

Wonderful group of amazing employees

IFG - Pittsburgh has been amazing. They helped me find a job that is better than I could have dreamed. One of the best placements I have ever had. I am so thankful to the team for supporting me and helping to get me started back up again after taking a break to stay home with my daughter for a while.

Pros

employee support

Management makes unachievable goals then doles out punishment when the goals aren't met.

Management requests changes and updates that either aren't possible at all or are cannot be done as quickly as they want it done, but then they turn around and make the promise to the client anyway. Then when we are unable to deliver, the blame goes to the team.

Pros

None - they don't even celebrate birthdays

Cons

benefits are horrible and seem to get worse every year

Great company!

Great company to work for. Amazing management that understands sometimes life happens and will work with you to help rather than punish you for having to leave early or miss a day here and there. Coworkers are extremely polite and helpful.

Pros

pay, management, flexiblility

Productive and Professional Place to Work

-Supportive Management-Pay for high performance-Team environment-Repetitive work at times-Free lunches-Good place to learn the industry-Must be self motivated to be successful in the sales/recruiting roles

Pros

Free Lunches Often

Cons

Sales - so repetitive work - need to make it fun yourself

Contractual position

We have solid employees and I really do like my two bosses, however, this is a contractual position for Microsoft and is not a long term position. The benefits are not very good.

Terrible company

Basically they overwhelm the new employees with new processes. They had me doing something for two weeks and instead of giving me another thing to work on for another two weeks they threw about five things at me. It's a terrible place to work, in fact there is a reason why so many people jump ship on this company.

Pros

Cons

Overwhelming and frustrating

I would work there again

Provide very good training. Always team work. Lean new systems. Management work closely with team. Saving the company time and money. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.

Great!

One of the best jobs ive ever had in my life. I truly enjoyed the experience and would work there again if given the chance. Highly recommend it to everyone.

Leader in the aviation community

Lockheed is a dynamic place to work. Top management have high expectations of their teams and very seldom come up short on projections.

Pros

Leadership

Cons

Parking

Day in the Life of IFG

The typical day in the life of IFG is usually chaotic. This company changes upper management more than I have ever heard of any other company in the same industry. Depending on the job and location, compensation can be okay. If you come in brand new, it is almost guaranteed that you will be paid much better and have much better benefits than those that have been loyal and with the company 8 years or more. Before I left, I must have been told this piece of information several times from those who dare to stay aboard. I feel sorry for them, they work and work....and know the day will come that they will have to leave. The work is okay, however every time that someone leaves, everyone gains more work and responsibility without any type of pay increase. The pay increase in based on percentage even if you work in the departments where you are paid hourly. The pay increase is always based on percentage and there is no guarantee that you will receive a raise. Basically, it is better if you work a couple of years and then leave. There is no type of reward for longevity in this company. This I have heard many times. Most everyone who leaves is much happier than they were when they worked at IFG. I left this company last year but keep hearing bad things. My "WARNING", "Stay Away"!

Long hours cold calling

This was my job in the mortgage industry a lot of cold calling not really getting any training they seemed more concerned with the bottom line .I was more concerned making sure we were doing the customer right but in the end it was a very valuable learning experience and moved to where I had more control of my destiny .

Common questions about International Financial Group

Answered by current and former employees at International Financial Group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about International Financial Group in popular locations

• International Financial Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?