International Flavors and Fragrances Employee Reviews

Standard corporate structure
Global Sustainability Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Big organization going through growing pains with recent acquisitions.

Limited benefits and career development support but there are plans in place to improve it.
All of the personnel were friendly and welcoming. The work environment was pleasant and the job rewarding.
Sr. Sales Coordinator - Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Hazlet, NJJune 11, 2018
This was a temporary position, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I was recommended and called back for a second time to work within a different department.
Wouldn't recommend
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2018
Very tough culture. Pay is good but that is the only good thing about working there.
Very corporate in some ways, total mayhem when you need it to be corporate.
ok
Global Coordinator - Procter & Gamble (Current Employee) –  Hazlet, NJApril 18, 2018
IFF is great place to work if you are interested in Flavor and Fragrance development. Working here gives you a lot of insight into what goes on in the product development side.
Fun place to work, always learning something new about process
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GeorgiaFebruary 6, 2018
Good company to work for, great team invironment. Managment was hands on with the people and gave them authority to make decisions about the process. Made sure the operators had what they needed to get the job done
Pros
Managment cared about the employees
Cons
Glabal company and job went overseas
very stressful environment, total lack of right management
Microbiology Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJJanuary 29, 2018
military type of management, disrespect for the personal life of people, unprofessional management, absence of payment for overtime hours (and days) for supervisors
Very Productive
Intern, Dairy Applications Lab (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJJanuary 12, 2018
Management knows what they are doing and know how to inspire a team of scientists to achieve a goal. Many of the scientists in the surrounding labs are more than willing to lend advice and help out one another.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
heavy work load
Great company to work for!
SENIOR CUSTOMER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NJJanuary 7, 2018
Great working environment, productive work force, paid fairly, management and HR are approachable, flexible and reliable. Happy to work for a great company.
Pros
Great management, productive working environment, vacation time/paid time off, medical benefits; promotes from within.
well compensated
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJOctober 21, 2017
After suffering a medical problem, I was placed on short term and then long term disability. Then received a letter saying I was no longer employed because they did not know when I would be able to return to work from my disability.
Process Research Investigator (Current Employee) –  Union Beach, NJOctober 9, 2017
It's a good place to work, but it's difficult to advance quickly or at all sometimes. Not the best communication between groups. I always smell nice afterwards though, and they are generally open to new ideas and if it works, aren't opposed to sinking money into a project.
IFF CEO in New York was excellent, and the female Director in Singapore..
ESH Sustainability & Process Safety Management (Former Employee) –  Hazlet, NJSeptember 30, 2017
IFF CEO was very engaged at all levels in ESH.
His 2020 vision was reachable and forward thinking.
Very similar to what I saw in New Zealand Green Environment.

Excellent CEO!

My IFF Director in Singapore was the best female manager in the business.
OK workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union Beach, NJSeptember 26, 2017
I worked in the Union Beach location. People are not very friendly. The team I worked with was in it for themselves. Very secretive within their own team.
Not available
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hazlet, NJAugust 7, 2017
IFF is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?” That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes for fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, and well-loved foods and beverages.
Stable company.
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Union Beach, NJJuly 23, 2017
Stable company. Great place to learn. Was given opportunity to lead program in exciting new technical field that is critical for the company's future.
2nd shift lead
Lead Fermentation/ Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 17, 2017
Performed fermentations and upstream workups of broth to produce flavors. Fermenting, separation, concentration, and distillation was a part of daily responsibilities
Pros
Good beneifits
Cons
Too far away
Enjoyed working with different departments in an effort to enhance the work environment
Business Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJJune 14, 2017
IFF is an international company that created a new (at the time) position to liaise between the business side and IT. I enjoyed taking responsibility and initiative to use IT solutions to enhance business needs
Iff
Perfumery Lab Assistant (Temporary assignment) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time at IFF. I learned a lot about the fragrance industry especially since I was fresh out of college and it was a very good learning experience for me to be exposed to the industry before I began working in a lab.
Introduce an Italian line of skin & body care
Southeast Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 2, 2017
This was a fun & rewarding job, introducing i coloniali ( An Italian bath & body line) into the marketplace. I introduced i coloniali into retail stores, Burdines, Dillard's, Saks & smaller retail outlets. It was fragrance, bath & body & face products. Loved the line.
Productive Work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Union Beach, NJMarch 27, 2017
You were able to keep busy and learn new things working as IFF. The creative side is fascinating. The company was great to work for at the time. However, there are always opportunities in any business.
Pros
Different areas to learn
Cons
Job diversity is scarce
xx
Sales Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
- good work/life balance. Everyone is in early but leaves at a reasonable hour.
- good benefits
- mediocre management
- no company bonding - does not facilitate a warm workplace culture
benefits
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Flavors and Fragrances. Our community is ready to answer.

International Flavors and Fragrances Reviews by Location