International Marine and Industrial Applicators, LLC

International Marine and Industrial Applicators, LLC Employee Reviews

Horrible and un safe place to work. Low pay
Painter/Blaster (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 15, 2018
I worked for that company for over 10 years off and on. The work was horrible crawling thru tanks spray painting and blasting. If you get hurt they get rid of you. There pay should be illegal. Lets say you make $20 hour they pay you $10 hour taxable and $10 hour Perdium. So they only tax half of your pay so when you go to buy something your income is very low on paper. And the most important reason is if or when you ever get hurt your Workman's Comp payments will be tiny. I was hurt working there and I along with others have seen workers loose there lives and some disabled over the years. They are better now then they were years ago. But overall they are cheap don't pay very well and will throw you away in a second.
Pros
You get 10 hours a day usually and 7 days a week. Lots of hours
Cons
Low pay
hard work not enough pay
Certified Industrial Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2018
imia is a job with no security and a lot of favoritism.you never know what time your getting of and they talk to you very disrespectful.the most enjoyable thing is the hour lunch.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
work is not steady
I love this company wish i could go back
Painter/specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk vaOctober 29, 2018
Great people love the atmasfire love the art I like my skill set wish I could've learned how to spray I should've been a lot more disciplined I can't help my problems of life but all in all I am a competinint worker and strive in achievement and working with the best
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Value certain workers
Horrible Place to work
Time Keeper (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WA PSNSOctober 11, 2018
Horrible pay, horrible management, NO HOLIDAY pay, NO VACATION pay. HR is worthless in Spanish Fort. Run for your life to any job. Even a fast food job is better. They pay you a small wage and per diem. But when you are laid off, which could be any time, you can only draw on your small wage, not the per diem too. I spent 11 horrible months there. A nightmare plus.
Pros
Cons
Every part of the company
This company sucks
Brush and Roll Painter (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 15, 2018
This is not a good company to work for. You will be underpaid with no raises. They don’t really care about their employees they just care about getting the job done to make to look good. This is a billion dollar company but won’t pay their employees good pay for the type of work they do. I wouldn’t recommend this company. And also they will lay you off at any given time.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
No holiday pay, underpaid, no raises
Trash company would not recommend
Sprayer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
I worked there for quite some time. Was cool being that it was my first shipyard experience however as the years went by I realized how bad of a company it is and how they treat their hardworking employees
Pros
Cons
No life at all
Laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2018
Loved the job when there was work, a lot of lay offs. Management is very unprofessional and they don't care to help you find any other work. One day you work the next you are laid off for weeks.
Pros
Good money available
Cons
They wont let you make it
productive
Blaster/painter (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALMay 7, 2018
When i traveled for them, they didnt give me all the information i needed to get per diem. I didnt know we had to take a pay cut when traveling for them either.
Pros
Cons
lack of info
Productive, fast paced, and fun place to work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day of work consists of gathering materials and paint climbing into confined spaces to paint tanks of the submarine.
Different poxys coated and protect
OSHA standards and regulations
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Short breaks no benefits
Too strenuous
Painter (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 30, 2017
Working at IMIA was a great financial opportunity, however sometimes the working conditions were brutal, also management wasn't to it's best ability. Getting to work, then to the primary job site, leaving the job site to get home was a job in it self. Also you were forced to work at least 78 hrs a week every week, no time for family activities.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Too many hrs
Horrible place to work
Controller (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALAugust 27, 2017
The company has too many incompetent employees working in management positions. The HR manager is lacking in so many areas and doesn't have much knowledge. The CEO was extremely incompetent.
Productive and Fun
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bremerton Naval Station, WADecember 15, 2016
Hard working job with great people who have great teamwork skills to where we get the job done and have a great time working.
Company does preservation work aboard NAVY VESSELS.
Environmental health & Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2016
I've worked for different companies, and learned all aspects within these companies.
I would have to say working for IMIA was a company.
Pros
They do pay your gas.
Cons
Long hours.
Great Place To Work
Industrial Painting Lead Man (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2016
I was able to advance in my job quickly. I worked with great leaders who were always willing to teach me more so that I can advance in my job.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
No Cons
Great Opportunities & Mind Blowing experiences
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Great opportunities such as, learning a life changing trade. From power tooling to painting projects make's the experience worth wild.
Pros
lunch wagons such as bojangles, chick fil'a
Cons
only 30 minutes to eat.
productive hard work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Typical day at work was following guidelines given by Forman to complete a task such as steel conservation, cleaning, and prep for painting. Hard work and good money
Pros
over time
Cons
healthcare
Great work enviroment
Marine Painter (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALAugust 4, 2015
This was a great work experience, decent pay, and knowledgeable leaders to help guide you. Would definitely recommend working here.
Knowledgeable Management.
project manager/ Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 25, 2015
This company can be a good company to work for. There is a possibility for quick advancement if the will and determination is shown. There is the ability for travel.
Pros
I have had a great opportunity to be a project manager.
Cons
Personnel loyalty.
lot of hours for your money
Sprayer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 12, 2014
in a time when every one in the world is struggling,there is plenty of work here
Pros
alot of money
Cons
no days off
Hard work with good hours
Painter, Production IMIA (Current Employee) –  Bremerton,WAJuly 15, 2014
Work starts at 6AM and we get the plan of action for the day and our designated areas of importance on the boat. We grab our supplies and go to the area designated to us. The job at hand can vary from sweeping grit (Tiny particles of metal) to painting areas of the boat. I learned a lot from this job such as power tooling and equipment, different types of paint and the content mixtures, how to paint properly, and other key skills that can be used for engineering type work. The management is very busy most of the time, but try their best to check on you and the team and as also help out with the work. My co workers are a great group of people that are very hard workers. The hardest part of the job would be painting in very tight areas and be very detailed. The most enjoyable part of the job would be power tooling different areas on the boat such as removing paint with a nail gun or sanding it down with a sand disk.
Pros
Lots of hours, Fun environment
Cons
benefits, No personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Marine and Industrial Applicators, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

International Marine and Industrial Applicators, LLC Reviews by Job Title